[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
Or through expansion and even if it costs I will be willing to pay.

Yep same here, and i think for most of people even ones who don't really care about a post main-story cause they stoped playing the game. But i think that with a well made post main-story "expansion" every one will be happy to be able to continue playing after the main-story with all characters in, with new dialogs,interaction and quests. Not to start the game over and over again.

On my second playthrough, I noticed that the love triangle that CDPR set up quite well ended on a unfinished note, being that they didnt have some sort of scene of the three talking about the subject. And if you did romance both, it ends on a failed threesome joke. Like everyone else I'm really hoping these expansions can really tie the ribbon on Geralt's life.

Yep same here, and i think for most of people even ones who don't really care about a post main-story cause they stoped playing the game. But i think that with a well made post main-story "expansion" every one will be happy to be able to continue playing after the main-story with all characters in, with new dialogs,interaction and quests. Not to start the game over and over again.
that would be awesome but sadly unlikely

something big? or maybe there will be no more patches

Don0t be so pessimistic :) I trust @cdprojekt RED.

And as allways i'll rewrite this and requote Wticher_Erune.
1) A post main-story content with some dialogs, interactions and a few quests with main characters like: hunt, romance, drinking and talking with them even with a few dialogs, just to have the chance to talk to them. So basicly having them back in locations and mods @Witcher_Erune suggested that you can read in the post above with some interactions.

2) An ending quests that we can activate when we want, this will give us the chance not only to interact with them and do some stuff together but also Will Let us play secondary quests, contracts and exploring the world knowing that we are not alone like a dog, but we have our friends and beloved ones that we can visit when we feel lonely on just want to talk or see to them.

Also this option of the ending quests the we activate only if we want will also give us the chance to create our quests with main characters or using content created by other players. I know many don't like the idea of quests created by the others but IT will still be chance to install them or not, and this could make the game pretty much last for long time ( but this of mods is just a personal opinion).

3) After we activated this quests when we want, it will end the game, give us ending credits and finaly will let us start in a NG+.

Nilfgard:
Radovid lives: Change nothing!
Radovid dies: Remove pyres and witchhunters / add nilfgaardian soldiers
Dijkstra rules: Remove pyres and witchhunters

Geralt Romance:
Triss (Radovid lives): At Kaer Morhen preparing to move to Kovir
Triss (Radovid dies/Dijkstra rules): At her old shop (preparing to move to Kovir)
Yennefer: At Kaer Morhen doing magic stuff (playing around with megascope etc.) or in a small house outside of Novigrad/Kaer Morhen

(If not romanced they are at the same locations, just without the romance option and/or different dialogues.)

Ciri:
Ciri empress: In Vizima castle preparing to be crowned
Ciri witcher: Training at Kaer Morhen or playing Gwent in an inn (option to do contracts with her)
Ciri never returns: Change nothing!

Roche/Ves:
At their hideout preparing to leave it with different dialogues depending on the wars outcome.

Dandelion/Priscilla/Zoltan:
At the Chameleon.

Avallach:
Change nothing! or at his hideout

Thaler:
At the Seven Cats playing Gwent.

Skellige Ruler:
Cerys rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where she's sitting and doing paper work. (A short conversation about Crachs death would be good.)
Hjalmar: Standing next to Cerys. Make it look like he's trying to advise her.

Hjalmar rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where he's standing looking on maps. (A short conversation about Crachs death would be good.)
Cerys: Standing next to Hjalmar. Make it look like she's trying to advise him.

Svanrige rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where he's standing looking on maps.
Birna: Standing next to Svanrige. Make it look like she's trying to advise him.

(Basically same location/dialogue/animation. Change only the position of the characters, depending on who became the ruler.)

something big? or maybe there will be no more patches

There will. Still a lot to fix. Skellige's Most Wanted, the already-confirmed inclusion of new third-act dialogue, and the usual variety of bug fixes. They're probably aiming for one big fix-every-damn-thing-we-can patch, now that the free DLCs are out of the way and they have to get everything nice and neat with the core game for October's expansion, which will inevitably bring its own share of (understandable) issues.

There will. Still a lot to fix. Skellige's Most Wanted, the already-confirmed inclusion of new third-act dialogue, and the usual variety of bug fixes. They're probably aiming for one big fix-every-damn-thing-we-can patch, now that the free DLCs are out of the way and they have to get everything nice and neat with the core game for October's expansion, which will inevitably bring its own share of (understandable) issues.

Yep i think the same, it is impossible to have such a huge and awsome game without some bugs and problems, as you said there is still stuf coming out.
Plus i really HOPE we will have a surprise and have the post main-story content we are asking, because like i said in the other post this wont make really happy onyl us, but the entire TW3 comunity.
I mean 6+ millions copies sold in 3-4 months. This is awsome and i think @cdprojekt RED deserve that and even more for the fantastic job they have done. But can you imagine with 6+ millions players how many have same felling and thoughts about the empty post-main story world that we have?

romance dlc discussion. (some spoilers)

So ive played through the witcher 3 about 3 times now and i love this game as much as my first playthrough but thing cd red projekt actually must add for a perfect game and for the sake of ingame romance.

So when you finnish the game with a romance either with Triss or Yen you will only get a video at the end that basically tells you that you live happy with either Triss/Yen and what ever you ending with ciri. But my point is that cd red projekt should add a cabin/house of some kind that lets you see interract with your love which either is Triss or Yen, a house where basically you live and love with Triss or Yen because at the moment it feels so empty, kaer morhen is just straight up emtpy its so depressing for me and alot of others i belive. We cant even interract with either Triss or Yen its so hard because i grew attached to Triss i just cant stop thinking about whenever im in novigrad or nearby. Maybe add a customizable house with a garden that sends to out to find and explore more of the world that later lets you upgrade it to make it better for Geralt and Triss/Yen. I appreciate all the free dlcs from you cd red projekt since this game is probably my favourite game of all time but back to my topic because this is such a huge part of the game. I think almost all grew attached to either Yen or Triss and this is just a few ideas of mine to make and evolve the romance that you build up through the game. If you read cd red projekt i just hope you look through this and think about and maybe make it a dlc because for me and probably alot more thinks thats the romance part of the game was the most important part of it thx.

---------- Updated at 03:43 AM ----------

Sorry for my english ! :)

Sigh...this again? The game was supposed to end right after the epilogue...the only reason they included post game free roaming is because some players demanded it. The reason why this cannot be done in a complete, satisfying way is the same why in Fallout III you can continue while in New Vegas you can not...there are too many variables for the developers to include...it's simply not budget/cost effective. What is everyone expecting? Some kind of version of Skyrim's "Hearthfire" with Yen or Triss? The story is finished, epilogue accounts for future events, not immediate ones.
In half the time it would take them to implement all post epilogue changes, they could fix all game play, balance and performance issues as well as complete some undeveloped story/character arcs(Eredin/Radovid/Djikstra...) and epilogue for other characters.
So people, please, be realistic with your demands...in an ideal world where developers had unlimited time and money to make video games, I'm sure everyone's expectations would be fulfilled, but don't turn this into bigger issue than it is. Epilogue is the only and final end, in this game.

The game was supposed to end after the epilogue, and the only reason it didn't is becuase some player demanded? Oh Well This Game is not all about the main-story, the main-story is just a small part of the entire game. Yes it is somehow a story-driven game not a complete one, this is a huge and immersive open-world game, with a beautiful story but also a lot of side quests that are as awsome as the main, contracts, people to meet, stuff to find and yes a huge world to discover and live.

So NO the game should not end after the epilogue, if devs wanted the game to end after you complete the main-story they should not let you do the last main quests is first you don't complete all secondary quests, contracts and other stuff A THING THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE why? Because the game gave me the choise to do the main-story first to reunite with Yenn/Triss/Ciri then after do the secondary quests, or do all secondary and not do the main. The game give me that chance to Choose WHAT and WHEN to do, so it make no sense to end the game.

Plus all we are asking can be done before the drowings comes out and explain, because like i said in a different post, i was expecting to go and do a contracts with Ciri right after Geralt gave her the sword in the tavern, i wasn't expecting the drowing.

Oh and it is Nice how you and the other 2-3 person who came here to say why this should not be done, all said the same things: In the time it would take to make this they could fix all the bigs in the game, fix gameplay, balance, fix performance, and complete all dialogues and story problems. All of you say the same things.
Complete the the undeveloped character? WOW dn you say we are asking something difficult :), to do this they should remake a lot of parts not only in the main-story but in the game. Fix all the bugs, problems of the game? IT Is Impossible for a game this huge with so many things to do to be free of bugs and prolems, for every bug they fix there is another that come out, because this is how it works. ALT I'm not saying bugs should not be fixed, it is just impossible to fix them all, so devs can't spend all theyr time fixing bugs.

NOW TO THE undeveloped story for some characters, IF you just think for a minute all this can be done in a well made post main-story game, thanks to dialogs with other characters that can explain the missing parts to some characters stories. like the ones you nominated.
This can also fix the romance issue that @iloveyoutriss was saying, throu some dialogs with Yenn/Triss after the main.story you could get more deepen their relations.

The game was supposed to end after the epilogue, and the only reason it didn't is becuase some player demanded? Oh Well This Game is not all about the main-story, the main-story is just a small part of the entire game. Yes it is somehow a story-driven game not a complete one, this is a huge and immersive open-world game, with a beautiful story but also a lot of side quests that are as awsome as the main, contracts, people to meet, stuff to find and yes a huge world to discover and live.

So NO the game should not end after the epilogue, if devs wanted the game to end after you complete the main-story they should not let you do the last main quests is first you don't complete all secondary quests, contracts and other stuff A THING THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE why? Because the game gave me the choise to do the main-story first to reunite with Yenn/Triss/Ciri then after do the secondary quests, or do all secondary and not do the main. The game give me that chance to Choose WHAT and WHEN to do, so it make no sense to end the game.

Plus all we are asking can be done before the drowings comes out and explain, because like i said in a different post, i was expecting to go and do a contracts with Ciri right after Geralt gave her the sword in the tavern, i wasn't expecting the drowing.

Oh and it is Nice how you and the other 2-3 person who came here to say why this should not be done, all said the same things: In the time it would take to make this they could fix all the bigs in the game, fix gameplay, balance, fix performance, and complete all dialogues and story problems. All of you say the same things.
Complete the the undeveloped character? WOW dn you say we are asking something difficult :), to do this they should remake a lot of parts not only in the main-story but in the game. Fix all the bugs, problems of the game? IT Is Impossible for a game this huge with so many things to do to be free of bugs and prolems, for every bug they fix there is another that come out, because this is how it works. ALT I'm not saying bugs should not be fixed, it is just impossible to fix them all, so devs can't spend all theyr time fixing bugs.

NOW TO THE undeveloped story for some characters, IF you just think for a minute all this can be done in a well made post main-story game, thanks to dialogs with other characters that can explain the missing parts to some characters stories. like the ones you nominated.
This can also fix the romance issue that @iloveyoutriss was saying, throu some dialogs with Yenn/Triss after the main.story you could get more deepen their relations.

The drawings are like 6 or 7 months down the line I'm guessing. epilogue states Geralt teaches Ciri everything before setting off on her path, the war, Skellige etc how can that all happen within the space of what... 2 weeks. Post game is like literally right after the ending so everyone should be there and I have hope since we have heard nothing about 1.09 which makes me think big changes are going down.

Let just say i am partly agree with @BoboTheMighty Many issue need to be fix now (espically in Act 3) so i don't think CDPR gonna do a post end state (or if they do it this will be a loooooooooong time from now)

For me all i need is change Geralt's slide to a cutscene. All other choice can remain as it is now, but after all 8 books and 3 games all we get in the end for Geralt is one slide.....It is not enough :facepalm:

Here is @whitefang131 idea, IMO it is really good, may even let people enjoy the "lone wolf ending" :lol:
End game if you romanced Yen, wake up at noon-ish next to Yen in bed, unicorn in the background, Geralt's eyes pan the room and lock onto a drawing/painting of Ciri with Yen, Geralt and Triss, before having a short conversation with Yen (No bloody good at writing dialogue, so if anyone wants to pitch in feel free) and pulling on your witcher's gear for 'just one or two more contracts' before heading out with a hug or a kiss or what have you, and a sad glance at the drawing/painting of Ciri, sliding his Silver sword into the sheath as he leaves, and getting on Roach, and heading out

End game if you romanced Triss (Yeah I don't discriminate, plus both would be relatively similiar) again, waking up in their house in Kovir sometime in the late rhalf of the morning (9 to 11am) with a bit of playfulness (I add this because I assume Yen and Geralt would be a lazier life) with Triss and a joking light-hearted conversation (again, suggestions welcome, don't know characters well enough and I'm gobshite at dialogue) Geralt takes a quick glance at the painting/drawing of Ciri mentioned before, though with Geralt sitting next to Triss, instead of Yen. Triss and Geralt both get dressed as Geralt mentions a few loose ends in the north he have some contract while Triss goes to see the king she now advises. Geralt jumps onto Roach, while Triss opens a teleport, and they part ways for the day.

End game if alone, with Dandelion. Geralt and Dandelion are sitting in the Chameleon, with Priscilla quietly playing a lute in the background, still recovering from her slashed throat, if Geralt attempted threesome, Dandelion is clutching his stomach as he laughs, while Geralt looks to the side, grinding his teeth, Dandelion makes several snide remarks, followed with 'You still talk a lot of shit, Dandelion.' If not, then Geralt tells Dandelion of destroying Avallac'hs lab, or if not that, just telling Dandelion of the lab, with Dandelion chuckling at the former of the events, and stating he didn't trust Avallac'h if the latter occurred. Geralt finishes his drink and stands, bidding Dandelion, Zoltan (who is playing gwent with Dudu) Dudu, and Priscilla goodbye as he steps out of the door, and heads straight to the Passiflora, approaching the woman in charge, and quoting his famous line 'I'm looking for a whore.' Cut to black, or cut to sex scene if that's your headcannon, and then Geralt walking out of the brothel to continue his work as a wandering Witcher.

Last edited:
Want to add my thoughts. Dont intend to post much but I think a small but easy to fix mistake was made.

10 minutes before the ending I was already looking up the date of expansions to keep experience going and getting my wallet out. The endgame world following the happily ever after slideshow left me feeling empty. There is a finality and deadness to the game that quickly leeches in if you spend any time walking around and especially looking for your friends and love interests. I feel I am finished now and cant see myself coming back.

I read the employee posts and understand they considered going all the way in the end game world but of course the task is monumental. It didnt need to be that way though. A simple mid epilogue world state would be fine none of the significant world changing events need to have occurred yet. Yen or Triss in an Inn waiting to head off with Geralt, Ciri with them ready to head off witching or empressing. A few lines of dialogue for each of them is all that is needed.

I feel my game is done, it was a great game but I dont want to rip the bandaid off to play more sidequests in an empty world when the expansions come. A few tweaks like I said would give the impression of continuing Geralts story and make all sides happy.

Also any post ending expansions would be awesome but understandably challenging due to the huge story branches existing by the epilogue. In particular with Yen/Triss being involved. I could imagine playing the second half of the game how hard it is keeping all of Yennefers dialogue believable no matter the relationship choices that were made, it is helpful she is quite a demanding presence no matter her affection for you.

It would be cool to see all of the characters around Novigrad, Velen or Skellige. You can randomly encounter Eskel and Lambert taking on Witcher contracts and you just run into them. As for Ciri, it depends on the ending, if she becomes a Witcher, you will randomly encounter her in different areas. If she becomes Empress, you can visit her in Nilfgaard, and maybe have Yen there as her advisor. As for Triss, she goes to Kovir, so not sure.

All of this probably won't happen, but would be cool.

Top Bottom