[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
From what I have read in the changelog, they did not add the main NPCs after the epilogue, and the "relationship patch" seems to be the same as in the leak from August (other than maybe for some lines being edited, I cannot tell that from the changelog).

That's what i thought. Nothing in 1.10 .
IF they want to do something about that, they surely need more Time.

Good Things need Time...always....

Damn.

Well I'm still real happy about the Changelog it improves performance all around and I can't wait for the expansion...

Bur again that post game value isn't there so looks like it's back to NBA 2K16 for me.

Unless they surprise us and it wasn't in the Changelog but added into the game but I doubt it.

Sadly - as I suspected - there are no improvements of the post-epilogue gameworld mentioned in the 1.10 changelog. :/

I'd much prefer if they spent time improving the presentation of the titular Wild Hunt (Eredin and the Wild Hunt only appear like 5 times in the whole game), Eredin's character and dialogue (add more than 12 lines), the epilogue and endings, etc. How many people are going to go to Sigi's bathhouse or Crach's castle after finishing the story? I'd rather have a better antagonist and main story than a couple of lines of comments about the final world state by some of the characters.

Last edited:
I'd much prefer if they spent time improving the presentation of the titular Wild Hunt (Eredin and the Wild Hunt only appear like 5 times in the whole game), Eredin's character and dialogue (add more than 12 lines), the epilogue and endings, etc. How many people are going to go to Sigi's bathhouse or Crach's castle after finishing the story? I'd rather have a better antagonist and main story than a couple of lines of comments about the final world state by some of the characters.

That would mean to add main missions and/or alter the main story - which would be so much more work than adding a few characters back into the game + dialogue lines. Since there are many threads about this issue and this huge one - I am fairly certain, there are more than enough people who enjoy a proper post-campaign gameworld in an RPG.

Besides it is an RPG about Ciri trying to flee the Wild Hunt and Geralt trying to find Ciri - his ward - to protect her. There are huge battles against the Wild Hunt - what more do you want? Wichter 3 is not an egoshooter about the Master Chief.. ahm Geralt killing Red Riders in every main quest. ;D

Precisely because the Wild Hunt is not present all the time (oh it's the Wild Hunt...again ¬_¬) they remain a mysterious and subtle threat throughout the entire storyline.

Last edited:
I'd much prefer if they spent time improving the presentation of the titular Wild Hunt (Eredin and the Wild Hunt only appear like 5 times in the whole game), Eredin's character and dialogue (add more than 12 lines), the epilogue and endings, etc.

Eredin already says more than 12 lines, but those lines do not look like CDPR actually wanted the character to have much complexity in this game, so I am not sure if that is something that is going to be "fixed". Somewhat better epilogues and ending slides/cutscenes are possible, especially since similar improvements were also made in TW2. Maybe the last quest after the final battle with Eredin will be changed, as some of the content in this part of the game was cut. But I doubt there will be significant changes to the story even if an enhanced edition is made in the future.

It's starting to go into the off-topic direction. This thread in not about "the lack of Wild Hunt & Eredin lines" - I suggest you start a thread about your thoughts about that topic.

Sorry. To compensate for that I'll say that, of course, any kind of improvement to the world and story is welcome.

I'm sure this must have been said in the 169 pages, but at the very least, NPCs like Triss should stay in the world to allow us to complete things like the statuette quests and get Gwent cards. If you missed the unique Gwent cards during the quest at the manor with Triss, why not the ability to play Gwent against her to get those cards afterwards? That should require minimal effort to implement and it would be pretty awesome to play cards with her, wouldn't it? Regarding Gwent, the same goes for Dijkstra, Lambert, etc.

Dreams officially crushed.

There were so many new bugs shipped with 1.10 - some bugs mentioned as "solved" in the changelog weren't solved at all (the bugfixes need bugfixing now^^). First expansion will be released soon (which will need patches to fix bugs). After that the devs will work on the second expansion (which will be bugged like a bubblegumtree too -> patches). Considering all of this - I think we'll have to wait a very long time for a proper post-epilogue gameworld (if we see that ever happen...).

@CDPR - Please, for the gods' sake - give us an acceptable post-epilogue world or release a worldspace-editor and let us fix this lack of main characters in a matter of a few days. Then, after mod release, download the files from the Nexus and port them to the consoles. XD

Last edited:
I too have finished both my playthroughs post 1.10 patch and only found those NPC's mentioned and no Ciri, Yen or Triss. It seems sad and empty and really odd however, I can understand why they did that. Triss would be in Kovir and there was never any mention of where Geralt and Yen would end up. I just think they wanted to give you the feel that Geralt would be back on his own doing his Witcher things....out and about and we can just conclude that he would travel home (where ever that is) after he finishes his current contracts or what not. It would be nice to have a fully equipped post game world but I don't think we'll get it sadly. :(

There were so many new bugs shipped with 1.10 - some bugs mentioned as "solved" in the changelog weren't solved at all (the bugfixes need bugfixing now^^). First expansion will be released soon (which will need patches to fix bugs). After that the devs will work on the second expansion (which will be bugged like a bubblegumtree too -> patches). Considering all of this - I think we'll have to wait a very long time for a proper post-epilogue gameworld (if we see that ever happen...).

@CDPR - Please, for the gods' sake - give us an acceptable post-epilogue world or release a worldspace-editor and let us fix this lack of main characters in a matter of a few days. Then, after mod release, download the files from the Nexus and port them to the consoles. XD

This isn't very simple, just releasing the worldspace-editor will also take a great deal of work to get it well worked for the public also I believe there are some buisness views that prevent the devs from releasing such a program easily. But yes I hope they will be able to release it.

I too have finished both my playthroughs post 1.10 patch and only found those NPC's mentioned and no Ciri, Yen or Triss. It seems sad and empty and really odd however, I can understand why they did that. Triss would be in Kovir and there was never any mention of where Geralt and Yen would end up. I just think they wanted to give you the feel that Geralt would be back on his own doing his Witcher things....out and about and we can just conclude that he would travel home (where ever that is) after he finishes his current contracts or what not. It would be nice to have a fully equipped post game world but I don't think we'll get it sadly. :(

But you see, when your main story ends it says that you are put back into the state of the world before the final chapter. And before the final chapter, in the world there is Yen, Triss, and Ciri so either they need to change the post-ending prompt in Kaer Morhen or just add in the NPC's.

Last edited:

I think Geralt would certainly do witcher-things even after moving into a shack or living in Kaer Morhen witch Yennefer. Well, at least after some months full of baths and unicorn-stuff.^^

This kind of post-epilogue world is asked for: [read only after you have finished the main story]
SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS!An update to the post with a conclusive suggestion which is in my agreement what we are asking for...

Originally Posted by Witcher_Erune Nilfgard:
Radovid lives: Change nothing!
Radovid dies: Remove pyres and witchhunters / add nilfgaardian soldiers
Dijkstra rules: Remove pyres and witchhunters

Geralt Romance:
Triss (Radovid lives): At Kaer Morhen preparing to move to Kovir
Triss (Radovid dies/Dijkstra rules): At her old shop (preparing to move to Kovir)
Yennefer: At Kaer Morhen doing magic stuff (playing around with megascope etc.) or in a small house outside of Novigrad/Kaer Morhen

(If not romanced they are at the same locations, just without the romance option and/or different dialogues.)

Ciri:
Ciri empress: In Vizima castle preparing to be crowned
Ciri witcher: Training at Kaer Morhen or playing Gwent in an inn (option to do contracts with her)
Ciri never returns: Change nothing!

Roche/Ves:
At their hideout preparing to leave it with different dialogues depending on the wars outcome.

Dandelion/Priscilla/Zoltan:
At the Chameleon.

Avallach:
Change nothing! or at his hideout

Thaler:
At the Seven Cats playing Gwent.

Skellige Ruler:
Cerys rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where she's sitting and doing paper work. (A short conversation about Crachs death would be good.)
Hjalmar: Standing next to Cerys. Make it look like he's trying to advise her.

Hjalmar rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where he's standing looking on maps. (A short conversation about Crachs death would be good.)
Cerys: Standing next to Hjalmar. Make it look like she's trying to advise him.

Svanrige rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where he's standing looking on maps.
Birna: Standing next to Svanrige. Make it look like she's trying to advise him.

(Basically same location/dialogue/animation. Change only the position of the characters, depending on who became the ruler.)

And this - minor spoiler: [Battle of Kaer Morhen aftermath regarding Le*** & Es*** etc. & Yen romance]
I'd also add Letho to this list - hanging out at Kaer Morhen, thinking about going somewhere else, or making Kaer Morhen his new home. - If one invited him to Kaer Morhen, that is.

Eskel should be placed somewhere in the southern part of Kaer Morhen valley, where he set up camp during winter and prepares to leave and roam the world as the Witcher he is.

Keira and Lambert should be gone for good or maybe placed somewhere on the edge of the northwestern area of K.M. valley, along with their horses, in a camp with one tent and a fireplace. Also they should give only mysterious, secretive answers when asked where they are going together.

Edit: Since it was stated during the epilogue that Geralt would be found in Kaer Morhen (from time to time) I'd put Yennefer in Geralt's room in Kaer Morhen (balcony tower). Up there it looks similar to the conceptpicture about Yen and Geralt living happily together, which was shown in the after-epilogue slideshow. There is even a filled bathtub.xD

And since there are threads on reddit, gog, etc. concerning the post-epiloge-issue and following polls - clearly many people want this, which can't be denied. CDPR have done great things to make those who bought their games happy and content - why not this time? I wouldn't give up hope that easily. ;D

VOTE HERE

General Vote: http://strawpoll.me/4536523

More detailed Vote: http://strawpoll.me/4547104

Last edited:

I do hope they do one last DLC involving this after the second expansion. In the DLC will be a small area of Kovir where Triss lives, Yennefer wherever she went. Ciri on the throne in Nilfgaard or wandering about as a witcher (Depends on your ending), Lambert and Eskel wandering out and about taking on witcher contracts. Several dialogues for each of them. Maybe add the Bloody Baron and his wife back in Crow's Perch, and so on.

I do hope they do one last DLC involving this after the second expansion. In the DLC will be a small area of Kovir where Triss lives, Yennefer wherever she went. Ciri on the throne in Nilfgaard or wandering about as a witcher (Depends on your ending), Lambert and Eskel wandering out and about taking on witcher contracts. Several dialogues for each of them. Maybe add the Bloody Baron and his wife back in Crow's Perch, and so on.
Well now that's like asking for another game then. Don't want to dwell over it, but a small area with Kovir, Nilfgaard, some random place, and witchers wandering (where?) is not something that can be included in a DLC, nor an expansion. Perhaps another game.
You'd ask, why? Simple, apart from being another game, I think... you should take a look at this map and find Kovir (and Poviss), and Nilfgaard.

You'd have the opposite effect: more immersion destroyer. Not to mention those are not small areas at all.

Well now that's like asking for another game then. Don't want to dwell over it, but a small area with Kovir, Nilfgaard, some random place, and witchers wandering (where?) is not something that can be included in a DLC, nor an expansion.

Nonsense. They could easily be included such as Tir na Lia or Vizima, tiny playable area with just a fake backdrop. Nobody is expecting another novigrad.

Top Bottom