[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
Nonsense. They could easily be included such as Tir na Lia or Vizima, tiny playable area with just a fake backdrop. Nobody is expecting another novigrad.
And I can't find a sense in creating small areas ex novo just to see those characters. Post ending free roaming is settled before the final battle anyway, why create other locations with no interactions just for the gamer to see characters in being busy with other things post ending, and hopping all the time between this or that area.

I'd rather

Triss at her shop in Novigrad or Dandelions Inn.
Yen at Kaer Morhen or a little house outside Novigrad.
Ciri at White Orchard Inn or a little house in White Orchard or Kaer Morhen
Lambert at Keira's hut or a new house with Keira somewhere
Eskel at Kaer Morhen or somewhere in Velen
Letho at Kaer Morhen

No need for Kovir or Vizima I doubt they could fit it in and it could mess up lore in future games.

I think there is no need in after titles gaming...it will be good to see more info in endings about characters and world. That's all. More cheap variant in term of resources and it will help with immersion.

I'd rather

Triss at her shop in Novigrad or Dandelions Inn.
Yen at Kaer Morhen or a little house outside Novigrad.
Ciri at White Orchard Inn or a little house in White Orchard or Kaer Morhen
Lambert at Keira's hut or a new house with Keira somewhere
Eskel at Kaer Morhen or somewhere in Velen
Letho at Kaer Morhen

No need for Kovir or Vizima I doubt they could fit it in and it could mess up lore in future games.

Vizima is already a part of the game, at least the palace is, so if Ciri becomes empress, thats where she'll be. As for Kovir, I'm just throwing out ideas, doesn't matter either way.

Vizima is already a part of the game, at least the palace is, so if Ciri becomes empress, thats where she'll be. As for Kovir, I'm just throwing out ideas, doesn't matter either way.

Vizima is the captial of Temeria (restored as a kingdom by Nilfgaard's grace). Ciri would most likely rule from Nilfgaard's capital. But they could place her in Vizima - waiting for the Nilfgaardians to leave the city with them before it is handed over to the former Guerilla fighters. A Ciri dialogue line about how ridiculous she finds nilfgaardian court protocol, which they want / try to teach her, would be great.

or...

Since the new land featured in "Blood & Wine" lies in Nilfgaard - meeting Ciri there would be widely appreciated by Witcher 3 players.

Last edited:
Vizima is the captial of Temeria (restored as a kingdom by Nilfgaard's grace). Ciri would most likely rule from Nilfgaard's capital. But they could place her in Vizima - waiting for the Nilfgaardians to leave the city with them before it is handed over to the former Guerilla fighters. A Ciri dialogue line about how ridiculous she finds nilfgaardian court protocol, which they want / try to teach her, would be great.

or...

Since the new land featured in "Blood & Wine" lies in Nilfgaard - meeting Ciri there would be widely appreciated by Witcher 3 players.

Then having her REMAIN in the game after Blood and Wine would be even more appreciated.

Huge thread and I'm happy about it. Have voted in the poll and add a reply to thicken the post even further :)

110% in line with OP. The end world being that empty was kind of a blow in my will to continue playing the game and the new expansion that I bought and just releaed today. What's weird is this negative side comes from a very positive attachement to the characters of the game. So being suddenly cut off even though my ending was pretty positive, made me feel all on my own in an empty world. In fact I think people that chose the "bad" ending with no romance would be pretty satisfied with the state of the world because the feeling of utter loneliness is very strong. Heck I had to quit the game suddenly when trying to do some side quests in Skellige : with those beautiful melancholic chants and roaming the world in silence I couldn't stand the wave of sadness and despair taking over me !

Any how thanks CD Projekt for the great game and hope you can add what the OP requested in a future update

Cheers

I wholeheartedly agree. Finished the game yesterday and I got the ending I wanted, it was bittersweet but still a satisfying end. However the post-ending was simply gut-wrenching. The moment that I got placed in Kaer Morhen, I honestly wanted to cry. No game has affected me this hard ever before, I was so invested in the story and the characters that to have them all taken away was simply too much to handle. This is hands down the single best game I have ever played, but that only made its abrupt and closure-less end to be among the most depressing things I've experienced. I am legitimately too sad to even touch it again. Whenever I even think about the game, I'm reminded of Ciri and the other characters and the intense nostalgia destroys me. Never before has a video game instilled so much emotions in me, and never before has a video game's ending left me drowning in such wistful melancholy.

Not sure if it is relevant here, but in another thread a developer said that no more changes are planned to the romance dialogues. They may still address this issue regardless, however, since it mostly involves the same voice actors, it is possible that no new content of any kind will be added with them.

Not sure if it is relevant here, but in another thread a developer said that no more changes are planned to the romance dialogues. They may still address this issue regardless, however, since it mostly involves the same voice actors, it is possible that no new content of any kind will be added with them.

As far as I understood it, they where not happy with some stuff themselves and that was changed now... doesn't mean there couldn't be some post game stuff added after BaW came out... I mean, with all the expansion being pre-ending, there was no post game stuff done at all yet.

As far as I understood it, they where not happy with some stuff themselves and that was changed now... doesn't mean there couldn't be some post game stuff added after BaW came out... I mean, with all the expansion being pre-ending, there was no post game stuff done at all yet.

That's another thing - pre ending AND lvl30+. So after the Battle of Kaer Morhen/Blood on the Battlefield, when one hits level 30, and Act III starts, which is more or less designed to be played through continously - Geralt just strolls away from the "end the threat of the Wild Hunt for Ciri" -stuff, to do some other things (hearts of stone). Am I the only one who finds that highly illogical when it comes to story-continuity?

Second
- how will this apply to "Blood and Wine", which will most likely be a larger expansion (15/20 hous+) than "Hearts of Stone" and taking place in Nilfgaard(!) - does Geralt just abandon everyone at the Chameleon during Act III or in Skellige on that ship to make a trip to the south for a month or so? xD

Those two Expansions should take place after the main missions in a post-main-quest gameworld (main npcs existing). That would make so much more sense. Playing it during the Wild Hunt campaign/NG+ should be optional.

Why not like this?:

After overwintering the remaining wintermonths with Yennefer/Triss in Kaer Morhen/a shack near Kaer Morhen/whereever, Geralt feels the urge to raom the world a bit, doing Witcher stuff (old habits die hard) - BOOM - Hearts of Stone starts. Yen/Triss gets worried and rides to Velen, finds Geralt shortly before the Hearts of Stone campaign is finished. They have a conversation, only a few dialogue lines ("What have you gotten youself into this time? o_O").

And then, when H.o.S. is finished and both want to return to or are back at Kaer Morhen ( depends on BaW released or not), a courir shows up with a request from Ciri - Wooosshh - starting the first "Blood and Wine" quest.

Last edited:
Geralt just strolls away from the "end the threat of the Wild Hunt for Ciri" -stuff, to do some other things (hearts of stone). Am I the only one who finds that highly illogical when it comes to story-continuity?

It is not just you - totally agree that these DLCs should take place after the ending of the main story. I'm reading over the net that people enjoying HoS even more than main story and if Blood and Wine would be the same quality level and even longer...who would like to finish the main story then? lol

That's another thing - pre ending AND lvl30+. So after the Battle of Kaer Morhen/Blood on the Battlefield, when one hits level 30, and Act III starts, which is more or less designed to be played through continously - Geralt just strolls away from the "end the threat of the Wild Hunt for Ciri" -stuff, to do some other things (hearts of stone). Am I the only one who finds that highly illogical when it comes to story-continuity?

Second
- how will this apply to "Blood and Wine", which will most likely be a larger expansion (15/20 hous+) than "Hearts of Stone" and taking place in Nilfgaard(!) - does Geralt just abandon everyone at the Chameleon during Act III or in Skellige on that ship to make a trip to the south for a month or so? xD

Those two Expansions should take place after the main missions in a post-main-quest gameworld (main npcs existing). That would make so much more sense. Playing it during the Wild Hunt campaign/NG+ should be optional.

Why not like this?:

After overwintering the remaining wintermonths with Yennefer/Triss in Kaer Morhen/a shack near Kaer Morhen/whereever, Geralt feels the urge to raom the world a bit, doing Witcher stuff (old habits die hard) - BOOM - Hearts of Stone starts. Yen/Triss gets worried and rides to Velen, finds Geralt shortly before the Hearts of Stone campaign is finished. They have a conversation, only a few dialogue lines ("What have you gotten youself into this time? o_O").

And then, when H.o.S. is finished and both want to return to or are back at Kaer Morhen ( depends on BaW released or not), a courir shows up with a request from Ciri - Wooosshh - starting the first "Blood and Wine" quest.

Yeah I never liked that part of RPGs where you can move away from the main story to do other quests, even side quests, but I can live with those. It just doesn't make sense to me that there is a huge danger like the Wild Hunt chasing after Ciri and Geralt is off doing something else. Thats why in Skyrim whenever I started new playthroughs, I always finished the main story before doing the DLC stories.

I guess its so everyone can play the DLC, I'm sure there are people that don't have time to finish/take a really long time to finish such a huge game.

This is abut TW3 nothing else

Before I begin, I would first like to state that this thread is by no means a place to vent or complain. so please, DO NOT POST A COMPLAINT HERE.

Okay, that being said, let's move on. Yes I know I titled this being about TW3 and nothing else, but I am going to do a slight flashback. I got hooked on the world of Geralt when Xbox 360 gave out for free TW2: Assassins of Kings. The gameplay was something I have not see before, and trust me when I tell you that I am a huge Fallout fan. I have been since the first one waaaaaay back then. (Not mentioning the year, I know, I'm an old man) But there was something that TW2 gave me that Fallout did not. It gave me the very idea that I was mentally "in" the game. I mentally fell in love with Triss, I wanted to so much punch the living hell out of Dandelion for some of his smart ass comments, or getting me into something that I didn't want. For all intents and purposes, I WAS Geralt.

Flash forward to 2015, here I am waking up from a nightmare in Northern Temeria, under a tree, Vessimer siting guard next to me, the year....1272. And here we go.....A rollercoaster ride of ups & downs, should I say this, should I not speak. Yes, my dear fellow forum members, TW3 immersed me into 1272, I AM Geralt again! It opens to me not talking to Triss but to Yennifer. And I am looking for her after a letter I got. By just reading the letter alone, gave me the impression that she is a rather cold person. Starting the letter with "Dear Friend". That's right, the woman that you are forever link by fate with calls you "Friend". Where is my Triss? The one that I said that I promised to be with, she is nowhere to be found....yet.

We all know how this plays out. Each and every one of us that has completed (Not beaten, you can never truly beat this game. Which is how it should be with all of the different choices that you can make, all the combinations can send each of us down a different path). No my fellow forum members, this is and will never be a complaint thread. I hope the Moderators will monitor this well enough to keep this thread complaint free.

Msg to the Mods: If this thread needs to be moved to an area that it should be in, please do so, but please send me a PM to let me know which category it has been moved to. I started it in The Witcher 3 Forum, because I didn't know where else to put it. It's not about the story, location, inventory, Tech support, etc. I just didn't know where to put it.

Alright with that being said. I know at one time there was a thread to give thanks to CDPR for making this game. But I do not see that thread anymore. In some way I am giving thanks to CDPR for making this game.....bugs/glitches and all. According to my Xbox One stats, I have played this game for at least 60 days. So with that many days being Geralt, I am NOT giving up.

No matter how long it takes to make the fixes, I'm not going to complain, and a message to my fellow forum members: Yes, there are problems, problems that have been going on since launch day. Did we pay our hard earned money to play this game, absolutely. But please try and remember this: I had a thought earlier today, hoping to see that there was a patch out there, because I wanted to beat the game. Then I stopped myself because I realized just then. I can't beat the game, I can only complete it.

CDPR has committed themselves to TW3 until 2017, either that means to the end of 2017 or sometime in 2017, that part is a bit murky. People, relax they will get there. I am Geralt, I'm not going anywhere. I have a contract or 2. I know my ending as well, I will be living in Korver with Triss.

The point I am saying, my friends: CDPR WILL fix this!!! This is a highly replayable game, This is a game where you scream at the screen, yell out "Fuck You" to the AI that just beat you in Gwent. This is a game that will stay with you forever. Oh sure, you read posts of people saying that they want something for free because this (Insert problem here) is not working right. Or that all to famous line that no matter what, at least one person says it. "If this isn't fixed by (Insert day/time/ here), I am going to sell this game!"

Those are the gamers, the ones that MUST beat every game that was ever, or will ever be, made. This is not one of those games. This is a story, a book. And if you are a Doctor Who fan (like me), you will rip out the last page of this book because you don't like endings. So, CDPR, I have faith. One day down the line, I will pick up my controller to go back to being Geralt, and I will start all over again. I will be under that tree in Northern Temeria, and from there it will take me to the end of Blood and Wine, or if they make a 3rd expansion.

This is not the end of Geralt's story.............This is just the end of chapter 3.

Yeah I never liked that part of RPGs where you can move away from the main story to do other quests, even side quests, but I can live with those. It just doesn't make sense to me that there is a huge danger like the Wild Hunt chasing after Ciri and Geralt is off doing something else. Thats why in Skyrim whenever I started new playthroughs, I always finished the main story before doing the DLC stories.

Well, that's just how open world games are friend, there's no logical immersion enhancing chronological order of side quests. In Skyrim, when the prospect of an apocalypse brought by demon dragons was looming, my character was busy trying to become a master wizard at Hogwarts and joining an assassin death cult to kill an emperor for no actual benefit. Same can be said about any open world RPG from the dawn of time. 'I gotta stop the world from ending, but hey, the old lady needs to find her lost chicken'. This is also quite off topic, which is the disappearance of major characters and a complete lack of developments in the game world after completing it.

Also, to keep in topic, in HoS
Shani and Geralt acknowledges Radovid is dead (killed him in my vanilla game) but the war rages on

While minimal, I think that does help enhance immersion slightly regarding the game world post Reason of State

Shani and Geralt acknowledges Radovid is dead (killed him in my vanilla game) but the war rages on

While minimal, I think that does help enhance immersion slightly regarding the game world post Reason of State

Also to add, in my HoS playthrough
during the auction, the converstation with the old woman that reminisces about Vesemir (an awesome scene btw) Geralt mentions that Vesemir had died when she asks about how he is doing. Right when he said so I was tempted to already start a new playthrough without reaching the Kaer Morhen yet and seeing if Vesemir still being alive would change the dialogue. And knowing CDPR it would (even though I have not tried it) and man I really appreciate their attempt to immerse such a hefty script with a well written story in both entities (the base game and the expansion).

Another thing is that in my second playthrough, I tried to stray away from going through the regular order of doing the areas so I went to Novigrad frist then Skellige and Velen last. The scene of during the Bloody Baron questline, Uma pops up and rather than a surprised Geralt saying "What is that?! (Uma)" Geralt is says that its the monster that Skjall's corpse from Skellige described and informs the Bloody Baron. Now that is awesome! Sorry for straying off topic but I feel that people should achknowledge that.

Last edited:
Well, that's just how open world games are friend, there's no logical immersion enhancing chronological order of side quests. In Skyrim, when the prospect of an apocalypse brought by demon dragons was looming, my character was busy trying to become a master wizard at Hogwarts and joining an assassin death cult to kill an emperor for no actual benefit. Same can be said about any open world RPG from the dawn of time. 'I gotta stop the world from ending, but hey, the old lady needs to find her lost chicken'. This is also quite off topic, which is the disappearance of major characters and a complete lack of developments in the game world after completing it.

Also, to keep in topic, in HoS

There is nothing that says events in an open world needs to be triggered like you described. It´s only a matter of time before things will change if open world games continues to develop in an immersion- friendly direction.

I love this thread.
Well I voted too. But one thing I want to add (maybe sombody else didi it before).
I love the new romance with Shani, but it feels a bit empty to "not" romance her in a fully way.
I know it is comlicated (because you can play HoS after the maingame. But I would be so happy, if you can have a real romance with Shani.

*Spoiler* She comlains that she needs someone at home and Geralt wouln't be that man. But in the end Geralt can live in a hose with Triss. So, why not Shani?*Spoiler*

So, this would be my "lil" personal wish :) A happy end with Shani

That's another thing - pre ending AND lvl30+. So after the Battle of Kaer Morhen/Blood on the Battlefield, when one hits level 30, and Act III starts, which is more or less designed to be played through continously - Geralt just strolls away from the "end the threat of the Wild Hunt for Ciri" -stuff, to do some other things (hearts of stone). Am I the only one who finds that highly illogical when it comes to story-continuity

This. This is why a post-main-story world would be such an improvement. I was shocked to hear Hearts of Stone is designed for lvl. 30 players. At that point in the story there is no room to just sod off somewhere else and get involved in an entirely separate story. Hell, you could argue that at no point throughout the entire game does it make sense to get distracted by long side quests. Geralt has reason to suspect Ciri is in danger from the very start, and the sense of urgency doesn't let up for the entire game. This is why the longest questlines in the game belong to the main quest. A monster contract, a small matter here and there? Sure. An entire separate eight-hour-long storyline? I have no idea at all how that would fit into the main game. I think it is indeed best to play it after the main quest in the lackluster post-credits game world, pretend it's an isolated point in Geralt's life that happened prior to the events of the main quest. But I don't even have to point out how much richer it would be to be able to play it after the main quest with actual continuity influencing some of your decisions. You're with Triss or Jen, so what do you do with Shani, for instance?

I stress that the game is magnificent regardless and that a feeling of emptiness will persist no matter how the post-credits game works -- TW3 is the kind of game that hooks you emotionally to its world and characters, so when the content runs out it's inevitably sad. But that gutpunch can be alleviated and greatly delayed by a post-credits game that preserves some continuity. As of right now, the main quest ends with a lot of side content left to be played, and it doesn't feel as good to play it with the endgame as it is right now.

Top Bottom