[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
Totally agree that expansions should be integrated in post-ending so they do not break immersion. Right now I am playing a save where I am just before battle preparations, cause couldn't stand to play in post ending world which is in fact is pre-ending world :)uma:) but with nobody there ! And so just finished HoS which is brilliant by the way.

I want to point out to the devs that what they did with Shani in HoS *minor spoilers right after* is nothing more than what we are asking for the base game. Shani is packing her stuff to leave but she is still there at her house. We are really asking for nothing more for the others characters, maybe drop a line of post-ending conversation or 2 but really nothing more. And if you add post-ending DLC content, even small I would gladly pay for it.

I want to point out to the devs that what they did with Shani in HoS *minor spoilers right after* is nothing more than what we are asking for the base game. Shani is packing her stuff to leave but she is still there at her house. We are really asking for nothing more for the others characters, maybe drop a line of post-ending conversation or 2 but really nothing more. And if you add post-ending DLC content, even small I would gladly pay for it.

Exactly - I think most people, me included - meant exactly that, when they said "post ending world state".

This. Triss in Dandelion's inn getting ready to leave for Kovir, Yen getting ready to go wherever she plans to go and Ciri in Kaer Morhen training to become a Witcher. And maybe a dialogue or 2 involving the outcome of the final battle.

Exactly - I think most people, me included - meant exactly that, when they said "post ending world state".

Exactly. Let me quote a post, I wrote some time ago. ;D

This kind of post-epilogue world is asked for: [read only after you have finished the main story]

SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS!An update to the post with a conclusive suggestion which is in my agreement what we are asking for...

Originally Posted by Witcher_Erune Nilfgard:
Radovid lives: Change nothing!
Radovid dies: Remove pyres and witchhunters / add nilfgaardian soldiers
Dijkstra rules: Remove pyres and witchhunters

Geralt Romance:
Triss (Radovid lives): At Kaer Morhen preparing to move to Kovir
Triss (Radovid dies/Dijkstra rules): At her old shop (preparing to move to Kovir)
Yennefer: At Kaer Morhen doing magic stuff (playing around with megascope etc.) or in a small house outside of Novigrad/Kaer Morhen

(If not romanced they are at the same locations, just without the romance option and/or different dialogues.)

Ciri:
Ciri empress: In Vizima castle preparing to be crowned
Ciri witcher: Training at Kaer Morhen or playing Gwent in an inn (option to do contracts with her)
Ciri never returns: Change nothing!

Roche/Ves:
At their hideout preparing to leave it with different dialogues depending on the wars outcome.

Dandelion/Priscilla/Zoltan:
At the Chameleon.

Avallach:
Change nothing! or at his hideout

Thaler:
At the Seven Cats playing Gwent.

Skellige Ruler:
Cerys rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where she's sitting and doing paper work. (A short conversation about Crachs death would be good.)
Hjalmar: Standing next to Cerys. Make it look like he's trying to advise her.

Hjalmar rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where he's standing looking on maps. (A short conversation about Crachs death would be good.)
Cerys: Standing next to Hjalmar. Make it look like she's trying to advise him.

Svanrige rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where he's standing looking on maps.
Birna: Standing next to Svanrige. Make it look like she's trying to advise him.

(Basically same location/dialogue/animation. Change only the position of the characters, depending on who became the ruler.)

And this - minor spoiler: [Battle of Kaer Morhen aftermath regarding Le*** & Es*** etc. & Yen romance]
I'd also add Letho to this list - hanging out at Kaer Morhen, thinking about going somewhere else, or making Kaer Morhen his new home. - If one invited him to Kaer Morhen, that is.

Eskel should be placed somewhere in the southern part of Kaer Morhen valley, where he set up camp during winter and prepares to leave and roam the world as the Witcher he is.

Keira and Lambert should be gone for good or maybe placed somewhere on the edge of the northwestern area of K.M. valley, along with their horses, in a camp with one tent and a fireplace. Also they should give only mysterious, secretive answers when asked where they are going together.

Edit: Since it was stated during the epilogue that Geralt would be found in Kaer Morhen (from time to time) I'd put Yennefer in Geralt's room in Kaer Morhen (balcony tower). Up there it looks similar to the conceptpicture about Yen and Geralt living happily together, which was shown in the after-epilogue slideshow. There is even a filled bathtub.xD

Last edited:
Seems we will have to wait for the big modding tools to come out or hope the devs will do something about this around their Blood and Wine Expansion.

I agree with all of you, when it all ended and I found out the characters was gone I closed the game and haven't played it since HoS came out, after completing this expansion I am even more disappointed, I was really hoping to see some of the characters (triss, yennefer, ciri). The only thing you hear about from the wild hunt is and old lady asking into Vesemir.

Let's bring the characters back in Blood & Wine thank you!!

I agree with all of you, when it all ended and I found out the characters was gone I closed the game and haven't played it since HoS came out, after completing this expansion I am even more disappointed, I was really hoping to see some of the characters (triss, yennefer, ciri). The only thing you hear about from the wild hunt is and old lady asking into Vesemir.

Let's bring the characters back in Blood & Wine thank you!!

Hearts of Stone is the smaller expansion, so I'm not surprised to not see Triss, Yen and Ciri. Blood and Wine will be the bigger expansion. I'm hoping it'll take place after the main story, so starting around level 40 and I'm hoping Triss, Yen and Ciri play a small part in the questline, like you ask each of them for help on a quest. Hoping that leads into Triss, Yen and Ciri being around post-game.

Seriously what they did with Shani is all we are asking for with Yen, Triss and Ciri

That would require for the game to even acknowledge that the post-ending game state is even, truly "post-game", though... the reason Shani is still in her house post HoS is, that the min story doesn't count as over.

If this is true that's another one to add to the list.

Seems gradually they are adding NPC's back.

Oh man I'm sorry. I just became aware that this was after I started HoS with my pre-epilog save. So if Thaler was there before the game ended.... Please forgive me for giving you all false hopes... :( might just check it and come back to you.

EDIT:
Alright, I'm back :D So just to be clear. I checked on my post-credit save. i finished the games ending on this save after 1.10 and completing HoS. Both Thaler AND Shani are still in the gameworld. So..... yay!

Last edited:
Oh man I'm sorry. I just became aware that this was after I started HoS with my pre-epilog save. So if Thaler was there before the game ended.... Please forgive me for giving you all false hopes... :( might just check it and come back to you.

Thaler and Roache are still around after the main story, Thaler in the Seven Cats Inn and Roache at the Temeria Guerilla hideout. But you can't interact with them at all.

Thaler and Roache are still around after the main story, Thaler in the Seven Cats Inn and Roache at the Temeria Guerilla hideout. But you can't interact with them at all.

Didn't check for Roche but I can talk to Thaler. And this is after completing the game (after completing HoS).

Last edited:
So there is Thaler, Roche and Shani. Anyone else? Triss is neither in her hiding spot in Novigrad nor in her old home where the witch-hunters looked for her.

So there is Thaler, Roche and Shani. Anyone else? Triss is neither in her hiding spot in Novigrad nor in her old home where the witch-hunters looked for her.

List so far

Keira Metz - Kaer Morhen Outskirts
Dandelion - Chameleon/Rosemary
Zoltan - Chameleon/Rosemary
Priscilla - Novigrad Hospital
Vernon Roche - Temerian Partisan Hideout
Thaler - Seven Cats Inn
Cerys - An Craite Castle
Shani - Oxenfurt House
Johnny - Bald Mountain

If I missed anyone please correct me.

List so far

Keira Metz - Kaer Morhen Outskirts
Dandelion - Chameleon/Rosemary
Zoltan - Chameleon/Rosemary
Priscilla - Novigrad Hospital
Vernon Roche - Temerian Partisan Hideout
Thaler - Seven Cats Inn
Cerys - An Craite Castle
Shani - Oxenfurt House
Johnny - Bald Mountain

If I missed anyone please correct me.

Yes we are missing Triss, Yen, Ciri, Lambert and Eskel. That isn't your fault though.

Yes we are missing Triss, Yen, Ciri, Lambert and Eskel. That isn't your fault though.

No idea why, but neither Dandelion nor Zoltan is in the Chameleon in both of my "post-ending"-saves.

And Keira - "Kaer Morhen Outskirts"? She is standing in an area one cannot access, without getting fall-damage. :X

Top Bottom