[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
No idea why, but neither Dandelion nor Zoltan is in the Chameleon in both of my "post-ending"-saves.

And Keira - "Kaer Morhen Outskirts"? She is standing in an area one cannot access, without getting fall-damage

Dandelion and Zoltan don't appear in my NG post ending save, but appear in my NG+ post ending save. Only difference is in NG I sided with Roche and NG+ I sided with Djikstra. Is there a connection here?

Dandelion and Zoltan don't appear in my NG post ending save, but appear in my NG+ post ending save. Only difference is in NG I sided with Roche and NG+ I sided with Djikstra. Is there a connection here?

I sided with Roche in both playthroughs. Maybe there is some weird connection there. -.-

It's been two full days since I beat the game and I still can't bring myself to play the expansion, other games, watch anything, etc. I'm emotionally crushed at how the world I basically lived in for the last 2 weeks is now hollow. 121 hours over 2 weeks!

I don't think CDPR realizes how crushing this is. You can't make a story/game this long and not have proper closure! I can only hope the reason that the second expansion was pushed back was due to them realizing how major of a problem this is and that they need to add something to the core game for closure. I really wish they'd scrap the whole new expansion and just expand on the core game and core characters instead.

I'd much rather spend time with Ciri/Triss/Yen than go off into a new world and meet new people. Instead of spending 20 hours in some new area, meeting new people imagine spending that 20 hours with the existing characters in the existing world getting some closure and some new smaller stories involving them.

Ciri can still come back, even in the worst possible ending it's not 100% what happened. I feel they left it open for a reason. There's no reason why the 2nd expansion can't give us proper closure. If it's just another big side story without the main characters, I am going to be very depressed even if it's a really good story.

Last edited:
Can't immerse myself in HoS after beating main game

I finished the game for the first time 2 nights ago. Prior to finishing it, I was so hyped to get into HoS. I didn't want it to end. After finishing it, I immediately felt hollow and didn't feel like I got the closure I needed to move onto another story. Like i stated, it's been 2 days and I still feel this way. Tonight I tried forcing myself to play HoS but after a single quest I just can't get into it. I want Ciri, Triss, Yen. Nothing else. That's all the game reminds me of.

Anyone else feel this way? I'd assume after a few more days i'll come to terms that the main story is over... that all those characters are gone for good. =/

Really hoping the 2nd expansion addresses some of this and adds proper closure for these characters.

You need to go buy like 800 copies of the game, put them in the bathtub, and hop in. Then you will be immersed in the game. :D

But seriously, why not do a new game+ and make different decisions to see different outcomes and interactions with those characters, and stick HoS in there towards the end to extend the late game? Then you get to see more (and different) interaction with the characters you want to see. :D

I sort of felt the same way after playing through the main story, right after release. The feeling subsided after a week or so and I managed to fill the void with other games for the time being. I initially wanted to wait with a third playthrough until both expansions are out, but I got weak and started HoS today. Just finished it, after about 15h. And lemme tell you, it was probably the best and most immersive questline the game has to offer.

Id suggest you give it some time, move on to other things and come back to TW3 to play the expansion after youve let everything sink in properly. Take a break for a few weeks maybe.

As for the quest itself, I gotta applaud CDPR. You guys and gals have outdone yourselves once more. The way the story was handled and all made it seem almost like I was watching a movie that lasted for 15h, nevertheless granting me the control over what is happening at all times. The way the story was told, the way you could get into the characters background story if you so wished and how you learn more and more and the puzzles begin to make sense over time, it was great. The story started off rather innocent. I was almost disappointed during the first hour, but when it picked up pace after the initial "introduction", it was great. The music that was used during the conversations was fantastic aswell. Definitely a 10/10 expansion. Well worth the 10 bucks and probably more. Now excuse me. I need to find away to temporarily kill my excitement for blood and wine, until it comes out. Im too hyped for it atm. Ima go back to being a lurker.

You need to go buy like 800 copies of the game, put them in the bathtub, and hop in. Then you will be immersed in the game. :D

But seriously, why not do a new game+ and make different decisions to see different outcomes and interactions with those characters, and stick HoS in there towards the end to extend the late game? Then you get to see more (and different) interaction with the characters you want to see. :D

I've read up on all the different things that can happen and I feel like my choices are the same choices i'd make the second time through. I don't really want to force the characters into situations I wouldn't naturally choose. I feel like NG+ would make me feel worse honestly.

I will be saving my NG+ for after the 2nd expansion. I really don't think i'll choose different dialog options though.

I felt exactly the same after each and every time I finish the main story before HoS, both NG and NG+, which I think sum up to 12 complete runs. I can start over alright and play it again alright. But I cannot touch Geralt after the story is completed. Feels empty and hollow. No point in doing it. I could even replay TW1&TW2 between these runs but I could never start a DLC after a game's main story was finished. (DA:Origins, DA:2 and basically any game I've played that had post-endgame DLC - the exception being Skyrim which had no main story really, just a main quest which would be par with many other main quests inside that game).

Luckly, because I love replayability and trying different paths, builds, etc, which let find new stuff even after 10+ complete runs thru TW3, I was at level 23 when HoS came out so I did a quick run, 1 hour or so, with an endgame save Geralt which I keep back up, again felt the same thing you did and went back to the current playthrough until I reached level 32. A few days only. Then I started HoS and it felt just right. I'm about to finish the last HoS quest, clocking 41 hours into it atm, and it is definitely the best DLC I've ever seen. Plus it feels just part of the story, playing it at the right time, for me. Definitely going to a new NG+ run and I'm already looking forward to reach the appropriate level to start HoS again in NG+.

this has been already discussed http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/39674-Mega-SPOILERS-Immersion-Destroyer?p=1945984#post1945984

and no, you are not the only one feeling this way...

Well with a thread that big and so many that feel the same way, I would surely hope this is the reason for the 2nd expansion delay. The ending of TW3 made me despise cyberpunk because I would of rather they put more effort into TW3 and future expansions. If we don't get proper closure in TW3, I'm just not ready to invest into another game that'll likely do the same.

I felt exactly the same after each and every time I finish the main story before HoS, both NG and NG+, which I think sum up to 12 complete runs. I can start over alright and play it again alright. But I cannot touch Geralt after the story is completed. Feels empty and hollow. No point in doing it. I could even replay TW1&TW2 between these runs but I could never start a DLC after a game's main story was finished. (DA:Origins, DA:2 and basically any game I've played that had post-endgame DLC - the exception being Skyrim which had no main story really, just a main quest which would be par with many other main quests inside that game).

Luckly, because I love replayability and trying different paths, builds, etc, which let find new stuff even after 10+ complete runs thru TW3, I was at level 23 when HoS came out so I did a quick run, 1 hour or so, with an endgame save Geralt which I keep back up, again felt the same thing you did and went back to the current playthrough until I reached level 32. A few days only. Then I started HoS and it felt just right. I'm about to finish the last HoS quest, clocking 41 hours into it atm, and it is definitely the best DLC I've ever seen. Plus it feels just part of the story, playing it at the right time, for me. Definitely going to a new NG+ run and I'm already looking forward to reach the appropriate level to start HoS again in NG+.

You see, I was very excited to do the expansion and then start a NG+ playthrough. Something changed towards the end of the game, and I started getting very depressed that it was coming to an end. Then it ended with almost no closure, and all NPCs vanished from the world.

I wouldn't want to renew the feelings by playing again. Even the music in the game is depressing me while I attempt to enjoy HoS. Unless they fix this and add some closure, I don't really see myself touching the core game ever again.

The only other game that made me feel so empty was the ending of Telltale's Walking Dead Season 1 game. Seriously depressing stuff. I'm not one to be phased by anything, not a single movie or TV show has really left an impact on me.

Last edited:
I wouldn't want to renew the feelings by playing again. Even the music in the game is depressing me while I attempt to enjoy HoS. Unless they fix this and add some closure, I don't really see myself touching the core game ever again.
Well, one thing I tried recently was turning the music off. No only it became kinda irritating (I love TW2 and even TW1 music better.. the heavy metal in TW2 is awesome) but I found that I was deeply immersed in the world without it. TW3 sound effects are the best I've heard and the music interferes with it for me. I would heartly suggest you forget about your first playtrough and start a new Geralt. It's not a question of the Big Choices you may not want to choose differently. There are more than one way to do practically everything in the game and it's amazing to try them out. One small example: try a different approach the first time you meet the baron's thugs and see how it changes the path you can take to meet the Baron. You'll meet him all the same but even the thugs/guards banter will be different and reflect the choice you make when you first met them.

I guarantee you that before you leave White Orchard you'll have forgotten your first run and fall in love with Geralt and the world again. And then it flows naturally. Just try do things differently, especially exploration. If you cleared East first, start with West now, for instance. Pay attention to the environment, small details, the atmosphere with music off. Don't rush thru the game if you find the time to play it. If you really do not feel up to it, then do as you mentioned.

Should I play HoS before finishing the MQ? I thought you have to be 30+ for HoS and you can't reach that level without finishing the MQ?
I usually reach level 35 now before starting the MQ final mission, without farming, just exploring all the world and its stories. HoS is level 32 suggest and that's where I started it for the first time. At level 38 now and will prolly finish it at such level.

THE MAIN ISSUE with playing HoS after finishing the MQ, as per reports in this and other forums, twitter and such, is that we cannot start NG+ with a save game then. I'm finishing HoS before going starting the final Skellige missions hoping that the final save game will not be corrupted for a NG+.

Just go play hearts of stone, then come back and say shit like this again.

Half way through it and I still feel the same way. Would of rather had more story with the existing characters. When I bought the season pass, I thought that's what we were getting - more story with the characters we've been playing with thorough the entire series. Sure there is Shani, but she's definitely not the main focus on the expansion.

I'm not saying Heart of Stone is bad, but there are already so many characters. They didn't need to make an entire expansion around all new characters. There's no reason why Triss/Yen/Ciri/Etc wouldn't be involved in this story, and actively helping Geralt. It flat out doesn't make sense, unless you got the worst possible ending of being alone.

And since this stuff is higher level, one can only assume it takes place AFTER the main story events. However the world state is BEFORE those events according to the end of the credits. No matter how you slice it, it doesn't make sense.

They should of just made another story involving the main characters that took place after the events of the main game. All 3 major endings could have easily ended up going back to a similar state for the expansion. They would have just needed slightly different intros for the expansion. Even in the worst endings - Ciri is never confirmed to be 100% dead and Yen/Triss could forgive Geralt and maintain a non-romantic relationship with him. Or I dunno, let Geralt choose one of them because being locked out from both was one of the biggest complaints from fans. It also would fix the whole problem this thread is about.

I still have hope CDPR will make this right with the second expansion. If it's another standalone story I will be pretty disappointed.

Last edited:
This i the biggest & active thread in the "Story, locations and characters discussion [spoilers]" category. It was created on the 23rd of May. There are 1,723 replies and 236,411(!) views. People are still voting in the polls - approximately 100 more votes in only around two weeks. There are also threads about this on reddit, gog, gamefaqs etc.
Judging by these figures, a vast number of Witcher 3 players REALLY desire the changes to the gameworld, discussed here.

Incomprehensibly, there has been no post from a CDPR-offical in months. I wonder when and if someone from CDPR will write a comment here again and whether or not its content will be a reason for us to cheer.^^

Last edited:
This i the biggest & active thread in the "Story, locations and characters discussion [spoilers]" category. It was created on the 23rd of May. There are 1,723 replies and 236,411(!) views. People are still voting in the polls - approximately 100 more votes in only around two weeks. There are also threads about this on reddit, gog, gamefaqs etc.
Judging by these figures, a vast number of Witcher 3 players REALLY desire the changes to the gameworld, discussed here.

Incomprehensibly, there has been no post from a CDPR-offical in months. I wonder when and if someone from CDPR will write a comment here again and whether or not its content will be a reason for us to cheer.^^

And now that the Triss thing has been sorted this is the most requested thing as of now.

at least they replied to this one, they haven't replied to any of the biggest threads like these:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/46839-Eredin-says-12-sentences-during-the-whole-game-and
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...longer-treat-the-players-like-adults-SPOILERS
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-of-the-game-is-a-bad-hot-mess-major-spoilers!!!
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...cher-2-decisions-and-content-in-The-Witcher-3

stuff that are, in my opinion, crucial and way more important than the romance issues, yet there's radio silence concerning them. why ?
no idea ._.

So yeah, at least this thread had one or two replies, but the others ? not so much, sadly.

Incomprehensibly, there has been no post from a CDPR-offical in months.

Incomprehensibly?
Their latest mentions on the matter made it pretty clear that they've got no present intentions of "fixing" the post-game status of the world. Essentially it's as effective as they intended, and they've got no plans to make any changes to it.
So they don't really have any reason to come back and post in here, they've already said all they have to say on the matter. What kind of post would you like? Another, "Sorry but we still continue to have no plans regarding the suggestions in this thread"... ?

I said this in my last set of doom and gloom posts, but I'll re-iterate... At the end of the day you guys are free to continue making suggestions here, having hope, discussing what the changes could be like etc, it's your hope, your desire, go for it. However the Developers don't "owe" you a reply, a comment, even if it has been months. Your suggestions, thoughts and opinions HAVE been heard, and at this point all you can simply do is wait and see if CDPR deem it something they want to do.

I don't like being the doom & gloom person in the thread, but honestly, it's a matter of just being realistic about this. I've got my own massive issues with the game, I've dropped my opinions and feedback in the appropriate threads and then just got on with it. Ultimately it's CDPR's game, their world (In a sense), if they don't want to make the changes I want (Or even 10 or 20 thousand other people want) then that's their prerogative. It's just a damn video game and in future I'll use my power as a customer to decide how much those issues effected me, and whether they are or aren't worth my money.

Who knows what'll happen in Blood & Wine, but even if you decide to keep hope, I'd keep expectations low.

Incomprehensibly?
Their latest mentions on the matter made it pretty clear that they've got no present intentions of "fixing" the post-game status of the world. Essentially it's as effective as they intended, and they've got no plans to make any changes to it.
So they don't really have any reason to come back and post in here, they've already said all they have to say on the matter. What kind of post would you like? Another, "Sorry but we still continue to have no plans regarding the suggestions in this thread"... ?

I said this in my last set of doom and gloom posts, but I'll re-iterate... At the end of the day you guys are free to continue making suggestions here, having hope, discussing what the changes could be like etc, it's your hope, your desire, go for it. However the Developers don't "owe" you a reply, a comment, even if it has been months. Your suggestions, thoughts and opinions HAVE been heard, and at this point all you can simply do is wait and see if CDPR deem it something they want to do.

I don't like being the doom & gloom person in the thread, but honestly, it's a matter of just being realistic about this. I've got my own massive issues with the game, I've dropped my opinions and feedback in the appropriate threads and then just got on with it. Ultimately it's CDPR's game, their world (In a sense), if they don't want to make the changes I want (Or even 10 or 20 thousand other people want) then that's their prerogative. It's just a damn video game and in future I'll use my power as a customer to decide how much those issues effected me, and whether they are or aren't worth my money.

Who knows what'll happen in Blood & Wine, but even if you decide to keep hope, I'd keep expectations low.

Good morning.

Yes. Incomprehensibly. This term refers to the sentence - "Judging by these figures, a vast number of Witcher 3 players REALLY desire the changes to the gameworld, discussed here." All in all it was used in an appropriate relation.
I read your d&g posts and if I am not mistaken you wrote something like "50 people shouting (in the Triss thread) is more effective than 5 people writing 50 posts (immersion destroyer thread)", when someone compared this thread (in its early stages) to the Triss/romance thread. That is not the case anymore.

Sure, in the end the devs owe us nothing - still CDPR has shown great commitment for their games and those who play them in the past and adding a handful of NPCs to the gameworld is not that big of a deal. Seriously - expectations can't be kept much lower than that. It's not like anyone posting here demands some gigantic changes, or a rework of the entire game or something.

Meanwhile this thread has become pretty popular, as proven by the numbers - so yes, it would be opaque if it was simply ignored by the devs further on and forever.

I'm off to work now. :/ Have a nice day everyone.

Last edited:
Sure, in the end the devs owe us nothing - still CDPR has shown great commitment for their games and those who play them in the past and adding a handful of NPCs to the gameworld is not that big of a deal. Seriously - expectations can't be kept much lower than that. It's not like anyone posting here demands some gigantic changes, or a rework of the entire game or something.

No, its not an easy task, all 36 variations of the game, 3 main endings is not easy to not just put NPC's in place but to change flags and models of everything placed in all areas especially Novigrad. And if I were trying to put myself in their place, I'd think they want to make sure the expansions came out in their best tip top condition as well as general performance issues and bugs. Although this may seem low to think of CDPR but maybe they are going to release the MODkit letting the community taking care of all of their own small yet very time-consuming issues with the game (i.e the post game states). As much as I would wish CDPR would do something about this, they are being very careful about what they give the community because in the past with the Witcher 2 they were extremely generous regarding their own standards by giving the community nearly everything the fans demanded, which ultimatley turned from small suggestions to expecting that they will do everything their customers ask. I feel that they are now changing their post-release game to only worry about the larger problems for obviously the majority, and well as much as I hate to admit we are one of the many minorities that CDPR will glance over. I'm not talking down on the studio because they are by far my favorite and because of that I'm giving the best benefit of the doubt to try and understand their actions. As of now after following this thread everyday and the poll everyday (literally everyday) from late May, I'm turning to the recently announced MODkit to sovle our problems. Sorry if this may be confusing to read, I'm not the best at articulating my thoughts and portraying them correctly gramatically. Otherwise, I'll continue following this till I have no idea when but let us hope for the best! :D

Top Bottom