[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
If that is the case...you could actually be right...

The title has to be changed immediately to something like: "[MEGA-SPOILERS] Please put the main NPCs back into the gameworld after epilogue"

@ any Moderator - please change the title of this thread

Agreed, immersion destroyer can mean anything.

I believe the best choice would be people reacting in the new expansion, where someone in Toussaint would comment that Nilfgaard is retreating or something like that. Just a few words, nothing more.

i think we are hoping way too much, there is a new (last) expansion on the way and that's it, i highly doubt the main chraracters will be back after endgame or anything to solve the "immersion destroyer" emptyness, an enhanced edition is also unlikely, the cdpr devs are ont the new game ip
so, the end will come with blood and wine -iknowthatfeelbro-

i think we are hoping way too much, there is a new (last) expansion on the way and that's it, i highly doubt the main chraracters will be back after endgame or anything to solve the "immersion destroyer" emptyness, an enhanced edition is also unlikely, the cdpr devs are ont the new game ip
so, the end will come with blood and wine -iknowthatfeelbro-

Sad, but probably true.

Dont think so.
Witcher 1 and 2 had EE, so it would be really surprising when witcher 3 will don't have one.

Sorry but most of CDPR are working right now on Cyberpunk. If they are not lying, there is only a medium-small team working in the last expansion. The way I see it, no post-game content or the fix of inconsistencies.

After Witcher 2 most workers moved to witcher 3 but they still released an EE later ;)
Same for Witcher 1->2

Well im sure a EE will come. But it takes time....as usual

Dont think so.
Witcher 1 and 2 had EE, so it would be really surprising when witcher 3 will don't have one.

CDPR repeatedly said they are not planning an EE for W3. And if indeed most of the team is moving onto CP, I wouldn't expect them to change their minds either.

On a few german sides there are articles with an interview with Marcin Iwinsky and there was also a question for an EE and the answer was
"....is the emergence of an Enhanced Edition at a later date quite possible"
It was from 28.7.15

So i dont see a "No".

Btw, don't know the exact words anymore but didn't they said also they will still work after Relase on Witcher 3 for
minimum 2 Years ?
So, what they do after B&W ? Still one Year left.
Btw, they also said they will improve the graphics fürther, to get rid of all downgrade discussions. Even when there was none ( i think a few are happy to hear that ^^ )

Well, i still have hopes for an EE.
Sure, focus now is CP2077 but that says nothing in my opinion.

Edit : Sources but you have to translate yourself.. :p
http://www.pcgames.de/The-Witcher-3...-PC-vs-Konsolen-und-Enhanced-Edition-1165904/
https://gamezine.de/enhanced-edition-von-the-witcher-3-durchaus-im-bereich-des-moeglichen.html

Last edited:
I don't think now is the best time to argue about whether there will be an EE, we still have much time until the full kit is out and the BaW expansion release. Although, the majority of the studio moved a good deal of people still stayed with the Witcher but yes I agree
I wouldn't expect them to change their minds either.

I know it's a bit late, but i finished a game today and yeah, you guessed it, I feel cold and empty. I know lots of people asked RED to make DLC or something, I would like a DLC sure, but I hope our dear Andzrej Sapkowski will not end Geralts story. Hoping for new books ( will definetly read all books now because I adored the game from 1st to 3rd and people are saying the story in books is amazing ) and maybe in some years we will have a new Witcher game. I dont know if it's just my fantasy or what, I just can't snap out of it. This game got me like Mass Effect maybe even more, but after them you feel empty like hell. So to sum up this game is a Masterpiece, waiting for DLC, new books or game or anything else, JUST DO SOMETHING PLEASE! :D

Last edited:
@SlideOn
I've only read the first two books myself, but they really are fantastic. CD Projekt did a very good job with their writing, but Sapkowski's is absolutely top notch. If only they were a bit quicker with the English translations.

One criticism I have (and I know many others feel the same) is that CD Projekt didn't give us a real end-game world state. Just removing all the major NPCs makes the world entirely barren. I wanted to be able to visit Ciri and see how she was getting on in Vizima, see whether Philippa Eilhart was there and had managed to regenerate her sight, visit Priscilla and see how she had recovered, and so on. Really that's only a couple of lines of dialogue for each character, and some could probably be reused from earlier in the game, but it would have made such a difference. There are mods by fans for spawning companions, how great would it have been to have a dialogue choice with Ciri to take her on any outstanding contracts after the game was over?

@SlideOn
I've only read the first two books myself, but they really are fantastic. CD Projekt did a very good job with their writing, but Sapkowski's is absolutely top notch. If only they were a bit quicker with the English translations.

One criticism I have (and I know many others feel the same) is that CD Projekt didn't give us a real end-game world state. Just removing all the major NPCs makes the world entirely barren. I wanted to be able to visit Ciri and see how she was getting on in Vizima, see whether Philippa Eilhart was there and had managed to regenerate her sight, visit Priscilla and see how she had recovered, and so on. Really that's only a couple of lines of dialogue for each character, and some could probably be reused from earlier in the game, but it would have made such a difference. There are mods by fans for spawning companions, how great would it have been to have a dialogue choice with Ciri to take her on any outstanding contracts after the game was over?

I totally agree with you but in this case where its a great world created by Sapkowski and a very well made game by CDPR it is a "more the merrier" kind of feel. I wish they atleast kept the major NPC's in but otherwise I feel like it's a bit much or its the mentality that over the months of me feeling really empty that I've gotten used to that ending being the ending. So asking for contracts with Ciri or any other playable parts will be too much, because they have to account for the three different endings (and the 36 different variations). However, I agree with the dialogues but since its post-release and after the set of romance dialogues they added in patch 1.10 its highly unlikely they will get the team back together to do some voices for dialogues (and a lot of dialogues due to the 36 variations). And they always want to avoid taking shortcuts such as reusing dialogue lines for the ending as you mentioned in Priscilla's case which by the way I spent hours picking apart Novigrad to find the hospital she was recovering in. As I said before I think its a better approach to just wait for the community to release some form a mod save to fix the end-world and keep your hopes of CDPR tucked in for something to be addressed when BaW comes out and afterwards. Although it is a shame that CDPR did such a phenomenal job creating the Witcher 3 but didn't "finish it", feels like we're stuck with the worst kind of a cliff hanger even though its supposed to be the grand ending to our beloved Geralt and all of his masterfully written companions.

And I'm glad to hear that you read the books (W3 got me into the books) but you really should ignore the slow English publications and go with the fan translated, they are really well-done and make a great excuse to reread the saga once the actual English translations come out! :D

@SlideOn I believe Sapkowski is retired and doesn't respect the whole aspect of gaming so its probably safe to not have any expectations of anything new coming from him. But share this thread and/or this topic in general with anyone you know who is a fan of the franchise we all really want this to be a bigger problem in CDPR's eyes. Have fun reading! Apparently there will be a film releasing in 2017 about Geralt in the first book, and according to the team on the movie well it doesn't seem as promising as CDPR's Witcher work. :/​

Last edited:
Game ending choices effects.

First of let me start by saying this is without a doubt the best game I have ever played, I’m a massive witcher fan and boy did you guys hit the nail on the head with this game. I don’t think we will see a game as good as this for quite some time to come, everything about the game is just simply beautiful. The story is a massive emotional ride, the graphics are well pretty damn good, and the in-depth of the game, the sheer in-depth of the game is just mindboggling. This game is simply a masterpiece.

Now I know this isn't really that much of a big deal, but when you finish the game and have got your ending, for example the nilfgaardians have won the war in your ending. You still have redanian soldiers walking around afterwards, instead of nilfgaardian soldiers. I know it isn't huge but the game already has so much realism, I just feel like this could really at to it. It just be great to see some of the effects from the ending you have chosen. I think it would be good if you could make the game so that depending on what ending you get, you can actually see some of the effects after you have finished the game. Another example would be if you could even add small quests depending of what ending you get, such as if you chose Hjalmar for the skellige ruler it would be cool if you could actually see the effects of that by having a small quest relating to his raiding parties.

Obviously something like this could be very hard to implement, but I just though I would bring the idea up.

There are multiple threads about this issue. In fact. it's a complain of many players but CDPR doesn't want to make any changer in the current state of the game. And it's not an assumption, they answered to a thread saying this

Well I totally agree with all people who wrote that the ending was good, but go back to the world where none of your main story line characters exist ( I think CDPR gave an excuse, that all people went south or something ) it just ruins all immersion and brakes peoples hearts. For example I don't want to buy hearts of stones DLC because main story characters aren't even involved in those additional quests and even the whole Witcher 3 map they are just like SNAP! and they're gone.
Now, I think, I need a brake from Witcher 3, going to buy those books on ebay or amazon, by the way found books in chronological order and they're all translated to english ( o9.com/how-to-get-into-the-witcher-novels-1706064080 ) here's the website.

About the mods. Well I don't think that we will get some kind of a mod which puts main quest characters into the world. It would be hard plus the voice actors would be hard to get like you said and Fallout 4 came out today so almost every moder will forget Witcher 3. I don't even know if CDPR made a good mod creating toolkit for witcher.
Anyway maybe CDPR will continue the story of Geralt themselves without books or anything because these games were a big success all around the world. Shame CDPR doesen't want to change anything in this game except 2 DLC's to add to it, I think all of us hope for a new witcher game to appear from somewhere :D

I really want that nice ending which we all discussed in this thread, but still I will play those 3 games again and again when I read all the books, because this story and those games hooked me for the rest of my life :)

And I will continue believing that new game will come out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom