[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
About the mods. Well I don't think that we will get some kind of a mod which puts main quest characters into the world. It would be hard plus the voice actors would be hard to get like you said and Fallout 4 came out today so almost every moder will forget Witcher 3. I don't even know if CDPR made a good mod creating toolkit for witcher.
Anyway maybe CDPR will continue the story of Geralt themselves without books or anything because these games were a big success all around the world. Shame CDPR doesen't want to change anything in this game except 2 DLC's to add to it

I'm going to have to say that I disagree because we are asking for a mod that can AT LEAST put the characters back into the world in certain locations, and still have the same diaglogue options as the ones in the chapter before the ending (the same state of time as stated in the prompter after the credits, when you are spawned in Kaer Morhen), thus not asking for voice actors. And just because another largely anticipated open-world RPG game comes out, it does not mean the modding community will abandon the Witcher especially when the game is still young. I don't know what you mean by a "good" modtool but it certainly is a bit restricted but surely in time it will improve as CDPR stated. I believe that the Witcher 3 will definitely not be the last we see of that world, but as the developers stated it most likely be the last of Geralt as protagonist. And they have stated that they would provide the same support if not more for the 3rd Witcher installment, so they will certainly be still patching the Witcher 3 up whether or not it will relate to our issue here. But yes, I have the same game plan as you :D. Read, read then replay replay.

I too felt totally deflated and let down at the end of the game. I spent 155 hrs when I completed the game and there was only a 3 min slide show to show for it... I have no desire to continue playing or start a new play through. The world feels totally empty. I feel like we should have been rewarded for our efforts and got to still have the main characters around at the end. I too got very attached to these characters and teared up when geralt and ciri were reunited. I feel like the game was sooo detailed in so many ways but they totally dropped the ball with the post game and it was like none of the decisions you made actually mattered. Which is supposed to be the point of the game? I would have gladly traded some of the side quests/contracts for some kind of end game content/closure. So many things were left unanswered. Sorry if this is a repeat of what was already said (don't have time to go through all of these posts). There should be a small cottage with yen/an apartment in kovir with triss with fast travel posts outside. With an option to chat, have a bath or sleep with them or something. Even it's the same dialogue, just to be able to come and go as you please and visit them. Ciri should be in vizima on the throne or in kaer morhen and or chameleon playing gwent and drinking mead. And if you sided with the nilfgaardians then all they have to do is change the colour of the soldiers uniforms in novigrad. The only way it should end as it has is if you got the bad ending with ciri dead/single geralt. I feel totally let down that after all that hard works there's nothing to show for it, just when I was starting to get all of the high level cool gear and now I don't want to play... (sorry for the long rant folks)

I too felt totally deflated and let down at the end of the game. I spent 155 hrs when I completed the game and there was only a 3 min slide show to show for it... I have no desire to continue playing or start a new play through. The world feels totally empty. I feel like we should have been rewarded for our efforts and got to still have the main characters around at the end. I too got very attached to these characters and teared up when geralt and ciri were reunited. I feel like the game was sooo detailed in so many ways but they totally dropped the ball with the post game and it was like none of the decisions you made actually mattered. Which is supposed to be the point of the game? I would have gladly traded some of the side quests/contracts for some kind of end game content/closure. So many things were left unanswered. Sorry if this is a repeat of what was already said (don't have time to go through all of these posts). There should be a small cottage with yen/an apartment in kovir with triss with fast travel posts outside. With an option to chat, have a bath or sleep with them or something. Even it's the same dialogue, just to be able to come and go as you please and visit them. Ciri should be in vizima on the throne or in kaer morhen and or chameleon playing gwent and drinking mead. And if you sided with the nilfgaardians then all they have to do is change the colour of the soldiers uniforms in novigrad. The only way it should end as it has is if you got the bad ending with ciri dead/single geralt. I feel totally let down that after all that hard works there's nothing to show for it, just when I was starting to get all of the high level cool gear and now I don't want to play... (sorry for the long rant folks)

I dont believe in CDPR, they will not fix it... Our last hope is the modders.
I think it is not so hard to move everyone to Chameleon and to make it possible to play gwent with them!
Dialogues can be fixed same as it was done with Zoltan and Dandelion. Is it really so much?

I'm going to have to say that I disagree because we are asking for a mod that can AT LEAST put the characters back into the world in certain locations, and still have the same diaglogue options as the ones in the chapter before the ending (the same state of time as stated in the prompter after the credits, when you are spawned in Kaer Morhen), thus not asking for voice actors.

If it is enough for the characters to stand around doing nothing, and have their default dialogues enabled, that can be done with two console commands. There are also some mods that allow for having NPCs as companions that follow the player (the best one was made by Sarcen, but it may not be available on Nexus). However, modding support for TW3 is rather limited, so do not expect more complex things like new scenes.

If it is enough for the characters to stand around doing nothing, and have their default dialogues enabled, that can be done with two console commands. There are also some mods that allow for having NPCs as companions that follow the player (the best one was made by Sarcen, but it may not be available on Nexus). However, modding support for TW3 is rather limited, so do not expect more complex things like new scenes.

Yes that's what Im saying.. simply getting the voice cast together is a huge hassel, and though it would be awesome, I believe we are not getting anything more from CDPR thus I am relying on the modding community.

I dont believe in CDPR, they will not fix it... Our last hope is the modders.
I think it is not so hard to move everyone to Chameleon and to make it possible to play gwent with them!
Dialogues can be fixed same as it was done with Zoltan and Dandelion. Is it really so much?

Yes, it really is much and putting all of them in the inn is a lot of work. Also just simply looking at their bug fixes (a 10 GB patch), I'd assume that they want to avoid as much interference (adding NPC's) with the world as possible in order to avoid more bugs.

I have read a great deal of posts in this thread and have arrived at a couple of conclusions. The first of which, is that it is clear that this series has captivated quite a large audience and is by far one of the best games I have played in ten years. What makes this game great is the character depth and gripping story. Having these strengths, you can see why so many people were disappointed at the lack of closure pre-epilogue. The overwhelming support of this notion indicates that this is not a mere matter of opinion, but a legitimate blemish on the otherwise perfect game. Another conclusion that I have come to, is that the community as a whole would likely be put to rest by one simple thing, closure with the main characters. This could take the form of an ending dialogue pre-epilogue, or a final goodbye post-epilogue. Simply having them present in the game after the finish is all most of us are asking for. A final conclusion is that this fan base largely adores CDPR, but will become wary of future purchases since there is a track record of lacking polish on the final product.

In sum, I simply wanted to affirm what so many before me have said because I felt the exact same way at the end of the game. My goal is mainly to show support for this movement so that the developers continue to recognize it and maybe one day address it. I intend to be reasonably patient, as others have mentioned the game really hasn't been out for that long. I also want to show support for the developers, because I - like many others - would be extremely willing to pay more for for the patches and DLC if it meant having the proper character closure that we so desire.

The more people speak up, the more it will be recognized and at least acknowledged as an issue!

I also want to show support for the developers, because I - like many others - would be extremely willing to pay more for for the patches and DLC if it meant having the proper character closure that we so desire.

If CDPR ever start to charge money for patches/DLC, then they would have given up one of their core values and would lose part of which makes them very special. While I've no problems with them bringing out something to give closure (although, after seeing some responses to the Triss Fix and to NG+ I doubt if it will ever be enough for some gamers), my strongest desire is that they never, ever give up those values and do it just for money.

Post-endGame content , why no one is talking about it anymore?

When most of fans finished their first playthrough in the wild hunt 97% complained about the lack of Post-endGame content.

Now with the release of hearts of stone (which in my opinion is the best expansion of all games in history, better than the wild hunt itself) everyone seems numbed by the effects of playing with geralt in new adventures, but if you think about deeply, HOS has nothing to do with the wild hunt plot, sure we have a final wish to ask to the master of mirror, he mentions ciri though is he says he can't perform whats geralt is asking.

But what happens after we beat the game is whats worrying me. If cdpr doesn't do new expansions it will feels like geralt stops there when the wild hunt is defeated.

Bethesda released their expansion of skyrim called hearthfire that solves just that. The dragonborn slays the bad dragon and settles with her/his love to live their lives as a couple. Not to mention ciri and yennefer that we see only in this game unlike triss.

In witcher 3 we get the credits explain the end, soon after we face a totally dull and empty kaer mohen without access to the main npcs of the history.

Dont get me wrong and think i'm just a whiner. I just feels like ending credits are not the proper ending for this magnificent series.

:cheers3:

Post-endGame content , why no one is talking about it anymore?

When most of fans finished their first playthrough in the wild hunt 97% complained about the lack of Post-endGame content.

Although I agree with your opinion, people simply are not as active with the complaint anymore because of a) CDPR most likely will not evaluate our issue, b) we are waiting for mods to fix this, c) waiting for BaW expansion, and I am not sure for everyone else but for myself d) playing Fallout 4 (although so painful to play F4 because it feels like I went back in time 5 years when playing Fallout 4 especially after the Witcher 3). But for your other statement in comparison to the total amount (I know you are exaggerating) of fans, as I hate to admit there weren't many of the fans complaining to the studio, otherwise there would've been a fix long long ago.

just feels like ending credits are not the proper ending for this magnificent series.

If only CDPR can really get behind this statement! Well said, sir.

Although I agree with your opinion, people simply are not as active with the complaint anymore because of a) CDPR most likely will not evaluate our issue, b) we are waiting for mods to fix this, c) waiting for BaW expansion, and I am not sure for everyone else but for myself d) playing Fallout 4 (although so painful to play F4 because it feels like I went back in time 5 years when playing Fallout 4 especially after the Witcher 3).

There are just generally much fewer people playing The Witcher 3 now, and many of those who complained in the past have simply lost interest and moved on to other games. I think the developers expected this to happen, that is probably one of the reasons why they did not really consider it worth "fixing" any content in the game.

If CDPR ever start to charge money for patches/DLC, then they would have given up one of their core values and would lose part of which makes them very special. While I've no problems with them bringing out something to give closure (although, after seeing some responses to the Triss Fix and to NG+ I doubt if it will ever be enough for some gamers), my strongest desire is that they never, ever give up those values and do it just for money.

I think that CDPR has already given up of many of their core values. So, why not doing a post game content or aN EE?

There are just generally much fewer people playing The Witcher 3 now, and many of those who complained in the past have simply lost interest and moved on to other games. I think the developers expected this to happen, that is probably one of the reasons why they did not really consider it worth "fixing" any content in the game.

christmas is getting close, though.

Hey there, I just wanted to pop on and say that I have definitely not lost interest in this game. I have merely grown accustomed to waiting for it to be fixed. I have played through it three times already and really hate getting to the end of the game. So much so that I will usually stop playing before hitting it.

That same empty feeling persists after the end, right now and its a really bad predicament.

Thank you all for the input so far. There have been some really good idea's and suggestions.

In regards to the Name of the Post, that is an impossibility, and I disagree that it needs renaming. The Title serves to catch people who are looking to talk about this problem sufficiently, and is easy to spot if your looking for the post in the forums, when you want to catch up with the discussion.

If there is anything substantial I may have missed that may be you guys want in the main post, refer to my name and I will read your post. Please don't expect replies to all posts, but I will read them and if there is anything I feel should be included in the main post I will add it.

Kind Regards,

09talamonteo

I think that CDPR has already given up of many of their core values. So, why not doing a post game content or aN EE?

Well, they do already have paid DLC, however, I do not think those will include anything that should really be in the main game, they are both stand-alone stories with their own cast of characters. On the other hand, I would not expect new content of much significance in free patches either. So, that leaves some kind of "enhanced" or "director's cut" edition, but I doubt it would be worth it as a free update, and for adding new (side-)content, there are the paid expansions now. I would not mind a paid EE that adds a decent amount of content to the main game (say, 7-10 hours, at a similar price to HoS for those who already own the original version), that is the only way I can see it getting a major update, but it is unlikely to happen.

No idea why, but neither Dandelion nor Zoltan is in the Chameleon in both of my "post-ending"-saves.

And Keira - "Kaer Morhen Outskirts"? She is standing in an area one cannot access, without getting fall-damage. :X

She stays at the same place after Vesemir's funeral, so it may have been just an oversight by the developers that she is still there. It is possible to access that area and then return (by climbing the broken stairs in the tower) without taking damage, but it is dangerous. Falling damage can be avoided by hitting jump just before landing.

When entering the area, the fall is the shortest near the left side of the picture.

After climbing the stairs, one can drop down onto the ledge on the right, and then from there to the ground to return.

Attachments

• tw3_0006.jpg
    tw3_0006.jpg
    408.3 KB · Views: 45
  • tw3_0007.jpg
    tw3_0007.jpg
    407.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Hm, then why is Keira Metz in the Kaer Morhen right now after the end of the game? She also has one line that she hadn't before the ending (about her and Lambert).

She may have been planned to appear in the main quest later, but it was cut from the game. That probably explains the line about Lambert. Also, she stands at exactly the same place as during Vesemir's funeral (and is also there during Act 3), so it is most likely just a "bug" that she is not removed from the game.

This may be irrelevant but nonetheless let us all congratulate CDPR on their multiple awards and most importantly very well-deserved the GOTY award. Congratulations, CDPR!

Top Bottom