[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
A more complete quote:

"This and the next year will be devoted to The Witcher. Apart from the second expansion we have some additional ideas. They should help us animate sales in 2016. The game is selling so well, that we are convinced there are still many people who will buy it if we promote it further."

So, whatever those additional ideas are, they are about increasing the sales of the game (so they are aimed mainly at those who did not buy it yet), and that can be achieved in a number of ways. It could be something simple like a "GOTY edition" bundled with all the DLCs and expansions at a discounted price. Or the same with some additional features sold as an "enhanced" edition. Or more free DLCs - especially since it is said at the end of the article that "we don't want to exploit gamers for their money (which is what many other gaming companies do)".

Good to know...Well, lets wait and see.

Yeah right now, it feels that is the only option, not finishing the main story at all.

Or just stop playing after the credits - it was the same way in the previous games, after all. But people wanted to be able to continue and do side-quests even after the ending (which I think is not necessarily a good idea in a story driven game), so it was added because it was easy to implement the way it was done. It is better to see it as a separate free roaming mode that is not connected to the story, rather than a continuation of it after the epilogue.

Or just stop playing after the credits
I always do this, in every game. Because everything else after it is pointless and not motivating.

But people wanted to be able to continue and do side-quests even after the ending (which I think is not necessarily a good idea

For me, it was one of the worst decisions in witcher 3.

It is better to see it as a separate free roaming mode that is not connected to the story, rather than a continuation of it after the epilogue.

:like:

Last edited:
an amazing game, but unfortunately ends.

Sorry my English first of all. I have all recently trilogy, I noticed that a game with the level of detail "The Witcher 3" could have missions infinitely generated. even being generated simple things ... like killing a werewolf in a certain place, I think it would help a lot ...

Another thing that is very necessary, it is after finishing the story mode only find the lion and zoltan, and other NPCs? I might as well have a meeting anyway when it ends, a message that says something like comes: "You came back a chapter before the end of the game"

I did not read the books and did not play the previous installments; I bought this game primarily as a diversion. Even so, one quickly becomes emotionally involved with the main characters. For this, the game developers should receive high praise. But it also makes it harder to part with the characters. One particular death of a character at Kaer Morhen is bittersweet but can be reconciled with: this character would indeed do everything possible to make sure the others survive, and, as life goes, some things end while other things begin. When the game finishes you end up back at Kaer Morhen. Now, all characters are gone, which is very bleak. We get a message that the game is in a state before the end game, allowing you to finish side quests, but psychologically this provides insufficient closure, as so many people in this thread have already said. I know what all characters had to go through just minutes ago. We are left alone in an "empty" world. Either the player should not be allowed to continue playing after the end game, or there should be some material to soften the blow - unless the aim of the game is to make players depressed. In real life, some people mourn the loss of a pet animal for up to 1 year. As AI and narrative in games becomes increasingly intricate, we should consider its psychological impact on players. The message here is: "all of your friends, family and pets have been removed from the world, but you can continue to go to work". Even a "simple" add-on like putting random main characters at the table in Kaer Morhen, saying "Yes?" or being up for drinks or cards would probably make a lot of players happy. Ideally, they should be there packing, plotting, or mourning. I bought Hearts of Stone, but it doesn't fill the gap. I fight toads, and mohawks order me around, guards cheer Radovid whose head has long been chopped off, but an empty wind of loneliness howls in Kaer Morhen in the back of my mind.

Last edited:
Signed up specifically because of how hard this hit.

I wanted a sense of immersion, and when all of the characters around me tell me that finding/rescuing/aiding Ciri is of utmost importance, well, I know better. I know that the game is going to let me wander around and ignore things. I know that I could have left Yennefer by the well for months when I was supposed to hurry to her within moments, or that I could have left everyone waiting on a ship before the final battle. I didn't want to do that, though. My plan was to keep Geralt's priorities straight, and aside from some necessary nation-building that would lead to a positive end-world, that's what I did, happily assuming that afterward I'd be able to explore the world now that my adopted daughter was safe and my friends and loved ones were living their lives free of the stresses that the main storyline imposes upon them.

I got the ending I wanted. It was bittersweet, but I felt good about it. And then the credits rolled. What a beautiful game, I thought. What an amazing accomplishment—look at all the people that put their time and effort into this. I'm so damn grateful.

It's been six hours since empty Kaer Moren loaded up. I was, and still am, emotionally wounded by this. I went to a friend's house to distract me, but now I'm back home, and... I'm grieving.

I'm an adult. I know this is a game, and I didn't expect to play it forever or anything, but I did expect I'd want to keep going—just ride Roach around Skellege and help people, clean up some abandoned sites... do some Witcher contracts, maybe finally try Gwent. And play the DLC.

I can't come to terms with how I'm supposed to enjoy it after seeing that though. I'm having a hard time turning the game back on. Hell, I don't even want to turn on other games now. I just want to fix it somehow. I just want my friends back. I've been reading forums for possible solutions, and I'm finding a community of people feeling the way I do. There's at least some solace in that.

Hell of a reaction to a video game. Could have had a bittersweet ending like a really good finished book, but I don't have that. I just feel like I'm trapped in this awful limbo world and the only thing I can do is curl up in a ball and pass out and hope that I finish going through the stages of grief soon.

I hope that CD Projekt Red is sincerely considering a patch for this. I think I may wait for that. I can't stand the idea of playing through the game again just to have it happen again. Please? +1 please? I'd totally pay for it. I know it's work. I just... I think a lot of us need it.

I'm having a hard time turning the game back on. Hell, I don't even want to turn on other games now

I had the same problem after my first playthrough.... Did not played any game for a few days and did not touched Witcher 3 for weeks.
It was the first time i did react like that after a Game and i played a lot Games in my live...I was incredibly pissed after empty Kaer Morhen loaded.

Hell of a reaction to a video game
Yep

I'd totally pay for it
You are not alone.

@emerazea

I know exactly how you feel, trust me. I too made a GoG account for the express purpose of posting my thoughts and feelings, which I've already done earlier. I just wanted to say that your well written post gives me hope that CDPR will work on improving it, if they aren't already. Thank you, my friend. And as taboo as it is to pay for something that people believe should be a part of the game already, I have no problem with it. You're right, it is work, and we aren't entitled to anything.

First, excuse me, english is not my first lenguage but I will try to write clearly as possible for everyone to understand. And thank you so much CDPR for this trully amazing game!! I didn't feel so compromised with a videogame since Mass Effect 3. You guys really are one (and one of the few) of the best developers around!!

When I finished the game and Geralt appeared alone in Kaer Morhen I felt like the game was empty, aside from having Heart of Stone recently installed and some random quests to do from the main game. It was really weird going around and doing things without seeing anyone of the main cast around. I wanted just to know that they are there, no matter if they just great you with "Geralt!". So searching about "Geralt forever alone aftergame", I ended here and I was thinking about this: Heart Of Stone and Blood And Wine expansion will fit better after the events of the final battle, not inside the main story, as (if I recall correctly) the devs said. You know, HoS and BaW are great adventures of their own, and in the main story you must save Ciri from the Wild Hunt giving you no time to embark on another epic journey. It just don't feel right, I think. (And yes, you loose "precious saving Ciri time" playing gwent and doing side quest but none of those compares to the story of the expansion packs),

Well.. for me should be like this: Geralt appearing in Kaer Morhen with HoS and BaW expansions stories should take place between the final fight and the epilogue where they tell you the life of everyone at the end. So, Geralt saves Ciri from the wild hunt, depending of your ending you will have the characters in their respective place as some user from this forum said but with a minor changes:

Nilfgard:
Radovid lives: Change nothing!
Radovid dies: Remove pyres and witchhunters / add nilfgaardian soldiers
Dijkstra rules: Remove pyres and witchhunters

Geralt Romance:
Triss (Radovid lives): At Kaer Morhen preparing to move to Kovir
Triss (Radovid dies/Dijkstra rules): At her old shop (preparing to move to Kovir)
Yennefer: At Kaer Morhen doing magic stuff (playing around with megascope etc.) or in a small house outside of Novigrad/Kaer Morhen

(If not romanced they are at the same locations, just without the romance option and/or different dialogues.)

Ciri:
Ciri empress: In Vizima castle preparing to be crowned
Ciri witcher: Training at Kaer Morhen or playing Gwent in an inn (option to do contracts with her)
Ciri never returns: Change nothing!

Roche/Ves:
At their hideout preparing to leave it with different dialogues depending on the wars outcome.

Dandelion/Priscilla/Zoltan:
At the Chameleon.

Avallach:
Change nothing! or at his hideout

Thaler:
At the Seven Cats playing Gwent.

Skellige Ruler:
Cerys rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where she's sitting and doing paper work. (A short conversation about Crachs death would be good.)
Hjalmar: Standing next to Cerys. Make it look like he's trying to advise her.

Hjalmar rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where he's standing looking on maps. (A short conversation about Crachs death would be good.)
Cerys: Standing next to Hjalmar. Make it look like she's trying to advise him.

Svanrige rules: Place table in the "feast hall" (Kaer Trolde) where he's standing looking on maps.
Birna: Standing next to Svanrige. Make it look like she's trying to advise him.

(Basically same location/dialogue/animation. Change only the position of the characters, depending on who became the ruler.)

* added Thaler and Skellige rulers

Changes:
Nº 1- The Radovid Thing: For me they don't need to change anything aside from some comments coming from the soldiers like speaking to each other about the death of their King (If you decide to kill radovid) for example. Putting there Nilfgardian soldiers for me at least, won't look well because just few days passed since the final battle. So there's no way for the Nilfgardian army to conquer so fast novigrad or Oxenfurt.

Nº 2- Romance other than Triss or Yen: You will be with me if you played the first witcher where Shani was one of your love interest. In the second game they just erased her from the game and placed Triss as your love interest, no matter if you chose Shani in the first one. So, with the HoS expansion, it will be a pretty good oportunity for our lonely Geralt to have someone to romance too instead of those two girls. How about give another opportunity to our hero to choose another woman, IF Geralt ends alone at the end of the main story (wether you chose to romance both and ended dumped, or chose neither of them). It will be great!! And in the end of HoS, she will be with you at Kaer Morhen. Well, I didn't finished the expansion, so maybe Shani will say something about why she can't stay with Geralt but, c'mon, it's a great opportunity! And Shani rocks too!!

Nº 3- Sparring with Ciri: This one is just to play with Ciri, I know it's hard and kind of impossible but it will be soooo awesome!!. If Ciri choose the witcheress life, she will be at Kaer Morhen training. You could approach her, talk to her about the after events and later challenge her to a battle, like the one with the snowball, but with swords.. hehe!! It's a little detail but fans will love it!! Maybe they can implement that too in Vizima in the Empress ending, but that will throw away the simbolic action of her giving her sword to Geralt implying that she will have a different life from that point.

Nº 4- Dialogs about your current mission: This is pretty impossible because they need to hire again the voice actors (all our suggestion if you think about it), but some dialog of your love interest and Ciri about your current mission (if you're playing HoS for example, like your love interest or Ciri asking you why you have that mark on your face) little things like that. Or taking your love interest with you to Toussaint.

I hope you understand all my points of view and ideas. It will be more fun, and more, muuch more inmersive to have in that way, as I imagined. Hos and BaW stories will fill veeery well the "after end battle" time-period. With Geralt more relaxing because Ciri was saved and he can take on other contracts, like the ones you never did, explore the world or engage in another epic adventure with the expansion packs.

I playing currently HoS with that idea in my mind, for example I'm just saying that Ciri is out there chasing monsters (I had the witcheress ending), and it helps me to feel a little inmersive again. But the loneliness and weird atmosphere is kinda still there, because the lack of the main cast.

Greetings to all of you and again CDPR, thanks for this amazing game and all those free DLC!!!! Seriously thank you!! Many devs will charge you for those things and you gave it for free!! Hats off for you!!

Last edited:
First, excuse me, english is not my first lenguage but I will try to write clearly as possible for everyone to understand. And thank you so much CDPR for this trully amazing game!! I didn't feel so compromised with a videogame since Mass Effect 3. You guys really are one (and one of the few) of the best developers around!!

When I finished the game and Geralt appeared alone in Kaer Morhen I felt like the game was empty, aside from having Heart of Stone recently installed and some random quests to do from the main game. It was really weird going around and doing things without seeing anyone of the main cast around. I wanted just to know that they are there, no matter if they just great you with "Geralt!". So searching about "Geralt forever alone aftergame", I ended here and I was thinking about this: Heart Of Stone and Blood And Wine expansion will fit better after the events of the final battle, not inside the main story, as (if I recall correctly) the devs said. You know, HoS and BaW are great adventures of their own, and in the main story you must save Ciri from the Wild Hunt giving you no time to embark on another epic journey. It just don't feel right, I think. (And yes, you loose "precious saving Ciri time" playing gwent and doing side quest but none of those compares to the story of the expansion packs),

Well.. for me should be like this: Geralt appearing in Kaer Morhen with HoS and BaW expansions stories should take place between the final fight and the epilogue where they tell you the life of everyone at the end. So, Geralt saves Ciri from the wild hunt, depending of your ending you will have the characters in their respective place as some user from this forum said but with a minor changes:

Changes:
Nº 1- The Radovid Thing: For me they don't need to change anything aside from some comments coming from the soldiers like speaking to each other about the death of their King (If you decide to kill radovid) for example. Putting there Nilfgardian soldiers for me at least, won't look well because just few days passed since the final battle. So there's no way for the Nilfgardian army to conquer so fast novigrad or Oxenfurt.

Nº 2- Romance other than Triss or Yen: You will be with me if you played the first witcher where Shani was one of your love interest. In the second game they just erased her from the game and placed Triss as your love interest, no matter if you chose Shani in the first one. So, with the HoS expansion, it will be a pretty good oportunity for our lonely Geralt to have someone to romance too instead of those two girls. How about give another opportunity to our hero to choose another woman, IF Geralt ends alone at the end of the main story (wether you chose to romance both and ended dumped, or chose neither of them). It will be great!! And in the end of HoS, she will be with you at Kaer Morhen. Well, I didn't finished the expansion, so maybe Shani will say something about why she can't stay with Geralt but, c'mon, it's a great opportunity! And Shani rocks too!!

Nº 3- Sparring with Ciri: This one is just to play with Ciri, I know it's hard and kind of impossible but it will be soooo awesome!!. If Ciri choose the witcheress life, she will be at Kaer Morhen training. You could approach her, talk to her about the after events and later challenge her to a battle, like the one with the snowball, but with swords.. hehe!! It's a little detail but fans will love it!! Maybe they can implement that too in Vizima in the Empress ending, but that will throw away the simbolic action of her giving her sword to Geralt implying that she will have a different life from that point.

Nº 4- Dialogs about your current mission: This is pretty impossible because they need to hire again the voice actors (all our suggestion if you think about it), but some dialog of your love interest and Ciri about your current mission (if you're playing HoS for example, like your love interest or Ciri asking you why you have that mark on your face) little things like that. Or taking your love interest with you to Toussaint.

I hope you understand all my points of view and ideas. It will be more fun, and more, muuch more inmersive to have in that way, as I imagined. Hos and BaW stories will fill veeery well the "after end battle" time-period. With Geralt more relaxing because Ciri was saved and he can take on other contracts, like the ones you never did, explore the world or engage in another epic adventure with the expansion packs.

I playing currently HoS with that idea in my mind, for example I'm just saying that Ciri is out there chasing monsters (I had the witcheress ending), and it helps me to feel a little inmersive again. But the loneliness and weird atmosphere is kinda still there, because the lack of the main cast.

Greetings to all of you and again CDPR, thanks for this amazing game and all those free DLC!!!! Seriously thank you!! Many devs will charge you for those things and you gave it for free!! Hats off for you!!

i agree with you and willing to pay for those stuff if need...
imagine you take a conract in BaW and then the npc tells you another took it already - an ashen hair girl- and you will meet ciri !! that would be epic

or maybe when u take a new conract the npc asks you if you heard the stories about the ashen hair witcher , can be much more immersive that way

or maybe triss/yenn contact you using keira xenovers thingy asking how you doing and how they miss you already

bottom line we all agree that once you finish the main story the game feels very empty and sad , and that we are all willing to pay if the need arise to get it fixed :)

Just wondering... Are the Devs still following this thread? Is there still hope in fixing this since it has been a few months now that the thread has been made and we have yet to come to a conclussion.It is FEB 2, 2016 and here I am still clinging on to that tiny chance of CDPR doing something about this :) I really hope that there is still hope in it and that we can buy an expansion/dlc/patch or whatever it is that they decide to do to make the post ending gameplay much less depressing and way more enjoyable!

Last edited:
Are the Devs still following this thread?
The developers indeed still read the Forums, and are aware of the feedback from this, and many other threads. However, as they've remarked before, it would be an elaborate task to implement some of the changes players have requested. While CD Projekt RED has affirmed their continued support for improving The Witcher III, whether they will address these particular concerns remains unknown. At this point, there's no strong indication, nor guarantee that they may.

The developers indeed still read the Forums, and are aware of the feedback from this, and many other threads. However, as they've remarked before, it would be an elaborate task to implement some of the changes players have requested. While CD Projekt RED has affirmed their continued support for improving The Witcher III, whether they will address these particular concerns remains unknown. At this point, there's no strong indication, nor guarantee that they may.

Thank you Riven for the reply! All I can say is that whenever this thread receives an update from devs/moderators like you my heart skips a beat and I am very glad to know that the Devs are still looking into this. I just want to say that the greatest improvement to the game that they can offer to the fans seeing that this is the final stop in the witcher series for Geralt is a proper post ending gameplay with some of those amazing ideas posted in this thread (there are quite a few). I really respect how CDPR think - either do it and make it PERFECT and FLAWLESS, or not do it at all. I really hope they would think hard and long about this and finally make a decision that is sure to please millions. Seeing that it will require heaps of work and resources for this to happen, makes it very difficult on the Devs and that we can all understand. However, this is not just any game, it is The Witcher 3 a game that deserves endless praise and is truly amazing. I am sure if the Devs decides to work on a paid dlc/expansion for what's discussed in the thread, it will be amazing and many fans would be very very grateful (not to mention buy it the first chance they get)! This decision though will be made by the Dev team and there is nothing we can do but to hope for the very best. CDPR, you guys can do it! Im sure of it :) Once again, thank you so much for the reply Riven!

Last edited:
Life after Ending the Main Story.

Hi Guys.

When i finished with the main line we defeated Eredin and Cirilla survived she became a witcher then i find myself at the witcher castle and a feeling
comes to me: i am so alone where are all my friends. so the question is when everythings over is there a chance to meet triss,yen,ciri or they are nowhere on the map?

I see many people agreed with my feelings. My favourite character is Ciri btw. I was wondering i make a Ciri tattoo for me then she will be always with me. I already ordered a sword look like Ciri's and i will purchase t-shirt with her i love her so much.:)

Reflexiones al final del juego

Yo pienso Lo Mismo El juego se Queda muy vacio del final del juego, yo hice todo todos los contratos, misiones secundarias y busquedas antes de pasarme la historia principal, y claro al volver a tomar el control no tenia nada, las unicas personas que quedaron al final fueron ves, roche, keira en kaer morhen( extrañamente, por que en teoria se fue con lamber) y jaskier, y nisiquiera se puede hablas con ellos sobre lo sucedido ni nada, una de las cosas que mas me molestaron fue que los dialogos con los personajes ya sean principales o secundarios no varian practicamente nada, aunque le diga a ciri 3.000 veces que me voy con triss a kovir ella siempre respondera lo mismo, otra cosa es lo de los romances a final te quedes con la que te quedes no tienes a ninguna, personalmente si hiciesen DLC para abrir todos las localizaciones del mundo the witcher yo lo pagaria aunque ocupase todo el espacio de mi ps4 pero asi al menos podria seguir jugando con ganas, ya me pase el juego 4 veces para conseguir distindos resultados, pero ya no me queda nada que hacer nada mas que completar los trofeos del juego que solo me quedan 6 o 7, pero cada vez que entro a el juego a completar los trofeos a los 30min ya lo quito siento el juego tan vacio y falto de vida que me desepera, intento jugar otros juegos pero veo hay el juego llamandome a que lo juego pero se que no tengo nada que hacer, al final e acabado metiendome en un foro a comentar lo que pienso aun sabiendo que posiblemete nadie lo lea, igualmente para mi este es el juego del año y quiero das las gracia a CD Projektred por este gran juego, y espero mas que 2 expansiones personalmente, lo que mas me gustaria seria una expansion en kovir para poder seguir viendo a triss aunque otros pensaran lo mismo pero con yen o con ciri, bueno esto era todo lo que queria decir, un saludo a CD projektred y gracias por este juego.:faith:Triss Merigold of Maribor Love!!!

@BorjaTricks24

English please :yes

At this point, there's no strong indication, nor guarantee that they may.
Thats True, but cdpr is always good for a surprise

Top Bottom