[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
Bought the game some weeks ago, just finish this game as of now 2/3/16. And dam right, looks like I am not the only one. Lol. Post game is sooooo empty and depressing. I didn't bother playing post game at all. Planning on a new game. Where is my Triss? Lol.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone, as of right now I know of no new news about this situation and what CDPR are going to do about it. Keep the discussion alive and hopefully we will see a change in the future.

So I just finished the game and well I'm posting on this thread so you all know what that means. I agree with basically all the suggestions and complaints people have had but I just don't understand how CDPR could have overlooked such a thing. I have only 2 complaints with the game; 1 that it was way too easy even on death march and of course the pretty devastating ending without any of your friends. I legitimately thought that they would still be in the game and spent a while looking around Kaer Morhen and Novigrad until I tried to look up their locations on the net...and well here I am.

Developing a post-end state for the game I think would only be possible in a DLC (which I would gladly pay for) where the world adapts to whatever ending you got but I don't see why they can't include a patch with the main characters and some simple dialogue. All it has to be is Yen or Triss in a house or in Novigrad or in Kaer Morhen with some dialogue along the lines of "can't wait to spend the rest of our lives together.." etc (as has already been mentioned in this thread). This thread has been up almost 8 months now with CDPR definitely aware of the criticism (backlash is too strong a word) and still no change. Surprising to say the least.

It sucks how the game ended but in any case I did get the "Geralt is a loner" ending so I'm just going to role play and blow all my money on hookers and gwent like any depressed witcher would do.

In my opinion after the big battle where you fought for Ciri and your choosen beloving, doesn't matter who have you choosed Geralt should be at her side. So if you choosed Triss then i want awake at the house she dreamed for both of us and when you choosed Yen they can be at another castle made by a magic or something. That next day what we get was horrible. i was at the ghost castle nobady there my first think was just run away fast from there out and teleport somewhere where i can face someone. The feeling that you fought seems like nothing all the conversation for nothing... i dont know. I always start again and again the game dunno why i know what will happening anyway just so good to see all my friends over again!

Almost 9 months passed since I finished the Wild Hunt and Im still kind of depressed! I dont know, maybe it is because of the witcher saga I read in the last time or maybe the game was just so good that I still think about it. Many months passed and theres still no clear official statement from Reds... They said that 2016 belongs to the Witcher, there's 10months left to the end of the year, so I really hope that there's still a shadow of chance to fix this...
Since this is the last year of the Witcher, alll I want from em is to:
- bring back all main characters to one place (I prefer Chamaleon in Novigrad)
- take contracts with Ciri or other Witchers
- romance interactions with Yen or Triss
- play gwent and ride horses with main char
- Gwent online!
- and my biggest wish Post-end/Epilogue DLC with all our beloved characters

I know that content of my posts is kind of repeating for someone, but I want just to keep this thread alive!
PS. sorry for my bad english

Have CDPR fixed the witcher 3 "post game depression"???

Hello everyone, I just started to play the witcher series I've completed the battle of kaer morhen but after I spend a few hours on the forums I've seem to come across a problem that people call the "post game depression" I haven't even finished the game but in my mind I have already lost the will and reason to continue to play, I haven't update to the latest patch because of reasons, but my question is this. Is the post game depression still a thing? Or have CDPR gave the fans what they want and gave us a patch? I've also read somewhere that the developers have already acknowledged this problem and relay it to his team. Is this true? I will be so happy if they listened to their fans :)

EDIT: This so called "post game depression" is after you finish the main quest you spawn at Kaer Mohen all alone with no main characters left Triss, Yennefer, Ciri, Zoltan, Lampert, Eskel all of them seems to disappear, making the world of witcher 3 really bleak and dull furthermore if you haven't complete all the contracts and side quests you won't enjoy completing them since your friends, lover, Ciri is gone and are no where to be found. this has been a topic of discussion for awhile because of fans putting 100+ hours into the story only to be unfulfil by the ending.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I just started to play the witcher series I've completed the battle of kaer morhen but after I spend a few hours on the forums I've seem to come across a problem that people call the "post game depression" I haven't even finished the game but in my mind I have already lost the will and reason to continue to play, I haven't update to the latest patch because of reasons, but my question is this. Is the post game depression still a thing? Or have CDPR gave the fans what they want and gave us a patch? I've also read somewhere that the developers have already acknowledged this problem and relay it to his team. Is this true? I will be so happy if they listened to their fans :)

Post game what?

Thank you for your response, but I've already read that thread plus the thread is half a year old, the thread is fans talking about what they want and the developer said "Yes I'll inform my team about this" or something like that, but I am wondering if that is all talk and no action or have the CDPR developer actually improve something :)
Can you tell me?

have the CDPR developer actually improve something :)Can you tell me?
Earlier, we had the following response from a member of The Witcher III's development team, explaining the various reasons why they decided not to implement such a post-game state.
It is a matter of priorities.

Like Sagitarii says, including conversations and dialog for all possible worldstates after you finish the game would have been an enormous undertaking.

I would like anyone who thinks this is an easy thing of just keeping the NPCs around to think for a moment.

1) Every NPC would have to react to all possible world-states that affect them. For the major NPCs that would be all of them.
2) They need to have different scenarios of where they are and what they are doing, logically, depending on the endings.
3) Even entire areas might have to change dramatically if we were to showcase the ending world states

And this is just a small list of considerations that ultimately led to the decision to not include this. As is the case with branching stories, they get heftier and heftier the further you go down the branches. To add tailored content to the end world would be a huge a undertaking if we were to do it right (and we don't like to do things unless we do them 'right' particularly when it comes to story and plot).

And before you yell that this was lazy on our part...please remember that we already have one of the heftiest scripts in gaming and so many voice over sessions that it boggles the mind.

Just remember...there is never such a thing as "JUST" adding something when it comes to a game like this.
The REDs are aware of this thread, and of the longstanding dissatisfaction of many players; however, as of this time, no significant changes towards this end have been introduced in any of the patches.

Last edited:
Wow long read. But yeah must say I agree with the majority of the posts. I also got the "left out in the cold feeling" when the game placed me back at the castle, and I was like wtf. Now yeah sure they could of just ended it like many other game out there that the credits role and you have the option to start the game over with the bonus of keeping armor and abilities, but they did this anyway buy adding new game+ But the fact is that this game has two expansions that take place within the timeline of the main game makes me think some effort should of been made to have the main npc charecter in the post game world, without it affecting the game world state.

There really have been some great ideas for the inclusion of npc main charecter said in the various posts before mine, and like many have said they don't have to reflect a dramatic change to the world state.

i basically would have liked to have seen something like:

(based on ramance interactions) Yen in Gerald's bedroom at the castle/Triss . . .somewhere getting ready to leave for Kovir, and the option for Gerald to return to them and possibly ask about the brand placed on him by O Dimm, instead of having the dialog on the boat (and some of us don't get that particular dialog if we have finished the main campaign, for obvious reasons). The option to play dandelion at Gwent in his tavern (or Zoltan ). Nothing big lol

Anyway, I thought Keira was supposed to be gone, but she is out on like a cliff/ledge behind a locked door at Kaer Morhen. I had to do some serious jump glitch in to get over to her, you can still buy stuff from her, and once there I could not get back in the castle. Dunno if they fixed this but she was still there in patch1.11 have not checked again since, lol because there is nothing to go back to Kaer Morhen for.

Anyway, I thought Keira was supposed to be gone, but she is out on like a cliff/ledge behind a locked door at Kaer Morhen.

She's there to sell herbs LOL! Haven't you noticed that she's a herbalist. Hehehe! :teeth: Jokes aside, it's still weird that she's standing there alone mourning Vesemir and selling herbs to Geralt while Lambert is somewhere else on the road with her clone. Ok enough jokes! :stoptrolling:

Anyway, I thought Keira was supposed to be gone, but she is out on like a cliff/ledge behind a locked door at Kaer Morhen. I had to do some serious jump glitch in to get over to her, you can still buy stuff from her, and once there I could not get back in the castle. Dunno if they fixed this but she was still there in patch1.11 have not checked again since, lol because there is nothing to go back to Kaer Morhen for.

It is possible to easily get to the place where Keira is, and then return (which is more dangerous, but can be done without taking damage). It is explained in this post.

Thats the problem we cant, how are we supose as players of witcher 3 just gonna let go of all our journies and hours spent to perfect our gameplay and then just see it all dissapear? Its just not fair.

---------- Updated at 01:32 AM ----------

Maybe we dont wanna do that. We actually wanna be able to play after the story without immersion destroyed.

---------- Updated at 01:39 AM ----------

Well my last comment got screwed up, well let me start over. A dev said that 2016 belongs to the witcher 3 so that leaves aloot of time left for great improvements. Why would they devote time to witcher if they didnt have like a 3rd expansion. If they didnt have anything else to improve they probably just would have leave witcher and go working on cyberpunk fully.

---------- Updated at 01:52 AM ----------

Well if you didnt know they said that 2016 is witchers 3s year which means anything including a 3rd expansion is possible. Will they really just add small quests and fix small bugs for the rest of 2016? Seems very unlikely. This leaves room for a potential of fixing the immersion destroyer. Its obvious they failed with giving equal content for yen and triss equally aswell as good endgame feeling/immersion. I think its very clear that these problem are problems that almost everyone gets affected of. Even tho triss got some extra content now its still as the game wants you to be with yen. Its not fair making us spend houndreds of hours and making careful decisions to later on realize they were for nothing. This is not an easy task but imo the game was made in such way that this kinda have to be done.

Last edited:
In my opinion what they need to do is have Yennefer (or Triss if you chose her as your romance) active in a place. For example for Yennefer it could be the room she rented next to the inn on Skellige or the first room we see her in Kaer Morhen. That way Geralt could go there in between a quest or contract and have an option to romance her or get some chat dialogues that differ from time to time. I don't think it would be that difficult to add and it would add a lot to the atmosphere of the game once you complete it.

Thats the problem we cant, how are we supose as players of witcher 3 just gonna let go of all our journies and hours spent to perfect our gameplay and then just see it all dissapear? Its just not fair.

---------- Updated at 01:32 AM ----------

Maybe we dont wanna do that. We actually wanna be able to play after the story without immersion destroyed.

---------- Updated at 01:39 AM ----------

Well my last comment got screwed up, well let me start over. A dev said that 2016 belongs to the witcher 3 so that leaves aloot of time left for great improvements. Why would they devote time to witcher if they didnt have like a 3rd expansion. If they didnt have anything else to improve they probably just would have leave witcher and go working on cyberpunk fully.

---------- Updated at 01:52 AM ----------

Well if you didnt know they said that 2016 is witchers 3s year which means anything including a 3rd expansion is possible. Will they really just add small quests and fix small bugs for the rest of 2016? Seems very unlikely. This leaves room for a potential of fixing the immersion destroyer. Its obvious they failed with giving equal content for yen and triss equally aswell as good endgame feeling/immersion. I think its very clear that these problem are problems that almost everyone gets affected of. Even tho triss got some extra content now its still as the game wants you to be with yen. Its not fair making us spend houndreds of hours and making careful decisions to later on realize they were for nothing. This is not an easy task but imo the game was made in such way that this kinda have to be done.

VAU! They said that about 2016! release the BAW already! Just fix it with patches afterwards! :D no seriously.pls dont
This got my hopes up for enhanced edition. If we buy enough Triss statues will that cut it? Maybe 3rd expansion?

Well count me in - into those who felt totally lonely and sad after ending. Its really weird how much game can actually affect you. Never really felt this before with any game - it just says how good this game actually was. Yet there is still a lot more room for improvement. This game in my eyes has the potential to be the best game I have ever played (dethroning Baldurs gate 2 there), and hopefully it will also become one in some time after all those things are fixed. I trust the developers will not abandon us. I really hope they will do some EE and some more DLC. I guess money is not the issue for most people, so they could still earn a lot by it while at the same time giving fans what they really want. I do not see a reason why it shouldnt happen.

The news about 2016 being only for the Witcher is awesome! Do you guys have any link for that or is it just a rumor? Because thats great news

In my opinion what they need to do is have Yennefer (or Triss if you chose her as your romance) active in a place. For example for Yennefer it could be the room she rented next to the inn on Skellige or the first room we see her in Kaer Morhen. That way Geralt could go there in between a quest or contract and have an option to romance her or get some chat dialogues that differ from time to time. I don't think it would be that difficult to add and it would add a lot to the atmosphere of the game once you complete it.

Yeah, thats what I was actually awaiting after ending. I do not think it would have been so difficult at all either. Lets have our fingers crossed that they will make something like this in the future :)

Triss and Yen (After the story line)

This thread is about Triss and Yen after you beat the game. To start it off, it feels like these 2 characters were given little show time. Yes i know that once you find each character there is a quest line with just them but that is besides the point. Romancing either one has no affect in the long run because after you beat the game you will not see them again. Moving to Kovir with Triss should mean more things to do with her. I was thoroughly disappointed that i went through all the trouble of having to reject Yennifer so i could be with Triss just to never see her again. I understand adding a bunch of content just for 1 person is annoying but even being able to see them again and talk to them is enough. It just seems that the devs wanted to get rid of these characters for some reason. This was saddening for me because Triss truly is an interesting character and i would like to do more things with her. If this is in fact all we will get from these characters in Witcher 3 then hopefully there will be more content with them in Witcher 4.

Agree with everything being said here for fixing the end game world state. It is frustrating when you finish the game having Radovid dead and Nilfgaard winning the war and there are still witch hunters, people shouting "hail radovid" and pyres of mages or non humans outside the gates.

Main NPC's should be added back into the world, even if they are just standing there in Kaer Morhen and give a default response, it will be better the ghost town that it currently is.

If CDPR still have half a year left after BaW, that should be plenty of time to implement an 'end world' state that mirrors all major choices.

Top Bottom