[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
Agree with everything being said here for fixing the end game world state. It is frustrating when you finish the game having Radovid dead and Nilfgaard winning the war and there are still witch hunters, people shouting "hail radovid" and pyres of mages or non humans outside the gates.

^ this, when I killed Radovid I expected the redanian soldiers, witch hunters, and the people to be talking about what had happened, but instead all they do is call me freak, mutant, and how Radovid is going to win the war, like wtf haha

Can someone post a link to the statement, that they have whole 2016 just for the witcher? cannot really seem to google it, or find it ... I am just little afraid, that it is just a rumor ... because if it is true and they will have just Witcher on their hands this year, then we shouldnt be worried, as they are gonna have half a year to fix things up hopefully ...

Thanks!

This thread reminds me why the Witcher 3 needs an enhanced edition...I know that CD Project has raised the bar too high with the W3,but if it is indeed their child and they care for it,they should depart from the franchise with the biggest effort possible on this amazing game. What the OP said is definetely needed to be included in a possible EE

Emptiness and sadness, after finishing the game....

This game was something special, in MY opinion best rpg of all time. The story, characters, voice acting, all of that, was so real. And like lots of you I got pulled into that world, I was living and breathing with those characters. And then.... after, 100+ hours of pure enjoyment, the game ended. I really felt empty inside. I understand... its completely normal, the story finished, the game finished, it's inevitable. Every story comes to its end. But..... we really, REALLY, need some content where we can say "goodbye" to all the characters we cared for. And what did we get? 10 second of pictures and narration? I am sorry, but that is just not enough. I will make a stupid example, but in lord of the rings movie trilogy, after "killing the final boss", we get like 30 minutes of movie ending. This game is not some stupid hack&slash where it`s ok after defeating last boss, to get something like that. But not here, not here... I think developers didn`t even realize, how brilliant world they created, yea, i mean they knew they got a great world, great lore, great game overall, but they miscaltulated that fantasy, addictive element that binds us to the world and to the characters. I know its to late now, for something like that, but please keep in mind about that "ending" element in your future games.

Sincerely yours,
Slazar

after the finishing the main story there are only humans, the elves and dwarves are gone, only their blood remains, the world feels very empty without them

I know many have already said this, but I too feel the game would benefit greatly from the addition of some of Geralt's closest friends to the post-MQ world. I'd love to be able to visit Triss, Yen, or even Eskal in between Witcher contracts or Hearts of Stone quests.

Knowing that many of Geralt's partners in crime will be gone shortly after the defeat of the Wild Hunt is why I'm currently grinding away and holding off on the final stages of the MQ. This feels very artificial, yet I'd like to play Hearts of Stone, and finish my general questing, in a world that does not feel empty.

I came back to the forums after a while and I'm glad to see a thread such as this one exists. I felt the same way after I beat the game, I felt depressed. The game felt empty. Kaer Morhen felt like such a horribly depressing place and I wanted to get the hell out of there as soon as possible. I'm a single voice adding to all others who feel the same way. It would be nice to have a decent post-game atmosphere, with major characters still exist. New conversation dialogues, the ability to have ocassional romance with Yen/Triss depending with whom you ended up, playing qwent with Zoltan, Dandelion etc. It would add so much to the immersion of the game. It would definitely encourage the players to continue doing side quests and contracts.

Please CDPR, take this into serious consideration.

Last edited:
I came back to the forums after a while and I'm glad to see a thread such as this one exists. I felt the same way after I beat the game, I felt depressed. The game felt empty. Kaer Morhen felt like such a horribly depressing place and I wanted to get the hell out of there as soon as possible. I'm a single voice adding to all others who feel the same way. It would be nice to have a decent post-game atmosphere, with major characters still exist. New conversation dialogues, the ability to have ocassional romance with Yen/Triss depending with whom you ended up, playing qwent with Zoltan, Dandelion etc. It would add so much to the immersion of the game. It would definitely encourage the players to continue doing side quests and contracts.

Please CDPR, take this into serious consideration.

Exactly same feeling here. Since The Witcher 3 is the last game of Geralt of Rivia, they really should make a little "farewell" content, something like "The Citaldel" from Mass Effect 3.

From Reddit:

Geralt explains why we all felt so empty after finishing the game..

Since The Witcher 3 is the last game of Geralt of Rivia, they really should make a little "farewell" content
Aye, and geralt would truly deserve it.

In the past months my opinion about witcher 3 have a bit changed. Positive meant. But the ending....it's still one of my biggest problems with this game.
Every single time i finished the game, it gets frustrating....And i think this is not going to change for me , no matter how often i will finish this game.

something similar happens to me, if the ending is sad, it will be sad to play all over again for i already know where is this heading

i still think the main issue is that the endings were not well played out. they felt too brief for a 3 game saga. had they provided proper length game endings instead of a couple of narrated slides, then they would have provided the player with a proper feeling of closure and could have safely teleported the player to the main menu ffs. just end the game there and then. oh, you want to keep on witchering afterwards? NG+ and that's that. might have been better off this way...taking time to flesh out all endings, bring the up at the level they should have been, not some rushed up slides.

Top Bottom