[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
Ok so would it be possible for more content(romance,dialogue, quests) with whichever lover you picked like say at Kaer Morhen after the MQ instead of just placing them back in the world for appearances sake? It still would seem kind of odd if they are just standing there with nothing to say after going through all that, but romance and new dialogue and quests would be most ideal.
And also saw the option for Ciri at Kaer Morhen training and optional contracts with her and that is exactly another thing i think is needed. hopefully with more dialogue and content with her as well if that is feasible.

And can we please get some post-end celebration/drinking with the buddies Zoltan and Dandelion? Just defeated the freaking Wild Hunt. and of course more dialogue there too perhaps some shenanigans(quests) they get into.

---------- Updated at 03:54 PM ----------

i still think the main issue is that the endings were not well played out. they felt too brief for a 3 game saga. had they provided proper length game endings instead of a couple of narrated slides, then they would have provided the player with a proper feeling of closure and could have safely teleported the player to the main menu ffs. just end the game there and then. oh, you want to keep on witchering afterwards? NG+ and that's that. might have been better off this way...taking time to flesh out all endings, bring the up at the level they should have been, not some rushed up slides.

Exactly it's suppose to be Geralt's last game for god's sake and it really doesn't give you that closure as you said and takes away from a remarkable ending that he deserves, one that isn't cut short and doesn't make sense. I would have been fine with another ending like TW2 where the game simply just ends and you go back to the main menu if the ending was more fleshed out and done better with more content, that would've just meant that i would've took my time more and completed everything i could find while playing it.

Imagine, you return back after the game finale to Dandelions Tavern. Ciri, Triss, Yen, Zoltan, Dandelion, Eskel, Lambert, Dudu and Priscilla is waiting for you there. You drink together and remembering good old times (f.e. some stories from the saga/previous games). Horse race with them, playing gwent and taking out some of your friends as a companion and kill some monsters together out in the Novigrad/Velen.
I do not know how we can persuade CDPR to do something with this, start a funding project (like KickStarter or similiar) or a petition to show them how bad is the post-end? This is the LAST GAME of Geralt, c'mon!

PS. Sorry for my english

I was thinking Kaer Morhen but that would be another great place. And it could be like a get together like at Shani's house in TW1 or like in TW3 where you drink with Eskel and Lambert where it has just silly little quests to make the gathering interesting and fun.
Also was thinking that instead of just playing gwent and horse racing for coin with your friends there could be some twists, hightened stakes, bet on different things, just some twists and turns there to spice things up.

Yup that seems to be the case, I doubt we will see much if any extensive work done to the game now by the development team.

Hello all, and thanks for the chance to talk to you all.

What a game!!! Amazing in every aspect! Words are too little to convey the love the devs have put into it.

One thing, for me, that is a let down though is what you guys have been saying here all along.
The story is amazing!!! Astonishing.
After all these hours (actually lost count...) of bonding with the amazingly different personalities and well built reactions and mixed emotions of going through the story, where are they?

Such a let down!!!

I am hoping the Blood and Wine brings them back, and keeps them.

I realise how much of a difference and technical issues, cost, etc. are revolved under such decisions, but when you create such a perfect world, you should keep the cherry on top!

Not here to moan or complain about it. Simply not me.
Just to request, as many others before me have, for them to be implemented. It's a carrot on the stick issue lovely devs. Nothing more nothing less. Please make it so whenever you can...meaning sooner than later! :)

Other than that, you made me love every single aspect of the stories presented, the atmosphere is so immersive, dialog, voice casting, acting, props, and don't get me started about the greatness of the music score...simple too many things to cover without getting another TLDR on your hands.

Anyway, just wanted to say from the heart a warm thank you for making this, as well as your time to go through my post. I hope we, the fans, get through eventually!

Love,
Broll

Apparently (dunno if this is true or false) but in an interview about B&W depending on your choices you get to see Triss or Yen again. No news on Ciri though.

Well, if he gets the ending he deserved in B&W i'm happy about that and can live with it.
Sure it feels a bit weird after the ending in main game, but better than nothing.

B&W it's a indpendent story. It's ending will belong only to that story. What it needs fixing it's the main game. It's story

Dear All,

I heard of the Witcher for years, but didn't play video games for quite a while until two games kept getting so much praise: XCOM 2 and Witcher 3. I upgraded my system, got myself a 980Ti graphics card, and got them both.

One of my absolute favorite video games was Planescape: Torment because of the STORY. The story was beautiful. After stumbling through the initial stages of Witcher 3 trying to figure out what was what, how to cast signs and dodge and getting pissed off every time dodge didn't work--after slowly getting into the game in short, I knew I was playing something that not even Planescape Torment could equal.

I only wish I had spent more time on all the sidequests rather than focusing on the main quest once things really started to accelerate around 2/3rds of the way through.

Like you all, the ending was so bittersweet I couldn't get over it, and the emptiness of Kaer Morhen after it was all over left me emptier than the keep. Was Eskel really going to leave Kaer Morhen for good? Would I ever see Triss again even though I had chosen Yennefer? I sympathize with the wish that they had done a little bit more for closure at the end, but rather than a list of demands you came up with (it was a good list), I would really prefer something else. I'd prefer Projekt Red to incorporate something into a final expansion that brings that closure. I know Blood and Wine is not intended to do that.

We've been told in no uncertain terms that Geralt's story is at an end. Having it continue would be kinda, well, it wouldn't feel right. Perhaps there's a way for RED to stay true to that while working something out that would be truly worthy of the Witcher series. I don't just want some candy thrown my way to make me happy.

Geralt's story was never meant to be kittens and vanilla pudding, right? Geralt's story is about the loneliness of the road, the sadness, the brutality, and the few moments of joy and happiness that surprise him along the way. I don't want kittens and vanilla pudding for Geralt.

The Witcher 3 was always about the story. Let the ending we don't have yet be another chapter in the story. One written by Projekt RED in their own way, not in ours. And let it be worthy of Geralt, of who he was. I wouldn't want it any other way.

Last edited:
Well you might actually read the stories a bit wrong. His ending was kittens and vanilla pudding. His daughter returned to him, revives him and Yennefer from death through the help of a unicorn, they get to say goodbye to Dandelion and their dwarfen friends and brings him together with the love of his life to Avalon where they live, presumely if the tales are true, in never ending summer and youth to the end of their days together protected from the harm of this world. If that isn't kittens and vanilla pudding after seeing a lot of his friends die when trying to save Ciri, fighting side by side with his daughter, making sure she is alright and can master her skills, I don't know what is.

So yes... I do get why we are all a bit pissed because that is what we wanted... maybe not the whole Avalon thing but going to drink vodka with Dandelion and Zoltan at the Rosemary telling them what happened and that everything is alright. Visting Triss in Kovir with Yen or actually moving with her to Kovir to a nice cottage (maybe a seperate little map?) and having a little party with friends. Going to Skellige to talk to Cerys and Hjalmar about how their father died, maybe imparting some advise and wisdom on them and thanking them. Moving in with Yen in some lovely place far away from it all (maybe a little map) or at the least packing up your and her things together with her in Kaer Morhen (which will take some time), maybe even having the party there just for old times sake. Properly saying good bye to Eskel, who is after all, basically your brother, either hunting a couple of monsters with Ciri or at the least travelling with her to Skellige to say good bye to Ermion and maybe even claiming her overlordship of the isles as Queen of Cintra and Empress of Nilfgaard. Visiting Roche, Thaler and Ves in Vizima, maybe finding out if Margaritta is going to set up a new school and whether Fringilla will return to Nilfgaard or may even serve Ciri and what not.

Yes damn it... it's fan service of the highest order but it's good fan service. Sapkowski did it. He made sure Geralt got to say good bye to everyone he loved and cared for and then went off into the sunset with the woman he loved. That was good writing and I feel mightily let down that we did not get that. Half the Witcher stories are about Geralt making friends and realizing their worth and that he needs them, caring for them, like he did for Maria Bari when she was with child, like he did every time Dandelion was in danger, like he did when he forgave Zoltan his deceit, like he did when he enjoyed his time spend with Three Jackdaws and his girls, like he did when he grieved for Milva and Regis and all the others. I want to be at Crach's funeral, a man he has known since Crach was a teenager, I want to see Ciri get crowned empress and marrying Hjalmar, I want to see Triss and Geralts house or Yennefer and Geralts house, I want to get drunk out of my mind with Zoltan and Dandelion and toast the memory of Regis and Milva. I do want to see all that and not just have it summarized in a minute with some drawings.

Even Dragon Age had a better ending when you at least could talk to your companions at the end and ask them what they are gonna do now. Even something like that would have been more satisfying. So I really, really hope that CDPR gives us something like that with the Vinyard in B&W.

hedop,
Just starting reading the books, so I confess my ignorance how Sapkowski ended the saga. I get what you're saying, believe me. I also felt kind of let down, saying to myself, this is it, a narration with some pictures at the end?? It felt like they just dropped the ball so they could get the game out.

I do hope they are planning something. They really should. The only thing I hope is that it will be something that is integrated into the story rather than being just a big get-together at the end. I think it should be sort of drawn out to be honest. Maybe saying goodbye to some of Geralt's friends on a penultimate adventure first, then to the real important ones in a final scene..Ciri most of all. Or as some have suggested, maybe Geralt has to travel a bit to meet some people individually, like Triss in Kovir or running into Eskel somewhere or Lambert with out without Keira (if she's still alive).

But then, who knows? Maybe they's playin' with us a little bit and have a surprise :) They did after all say that the Witcher series seems to have more promise for future things than they had earlier thought. Perhaps after Cyberpunk 2077?

Well, wonder what the ending of Blood and Wine has in store. I won't be able to play it until July, so I'm going to force myself not to read spoiler posts.

Last edited:
Well, I really hope they will give us the possibility to see our good old friends in B&W in a Vineyard. We got a house and a place where we can live after the retirement atleast, so it's better than nothing.

The last problem now remains in the design - if we're put after the final battle in pre-finale world state, then how would W&B happen after the main quest events (because devs did say it that B&W events take place after the main story on the timeline)? That is really important and that thing shouldn't be ignored by the Reds, because it'd be so unprofessional. Obvious design mistake.

Let's hope for the best!

Last edited:
Well we got what we wanted in a way.

When you finish Blood and Wine depending on main story choices when you return to your vineyard you are welcomed by either Ciri, Yen or Triss

Top Bottom