[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
Well, the Blood & Wine ending is not so bad. They do not drop us into an empty world as it is done in the case of the Wild Hunt, but I feel still unsatisfied because it is still not what we expected. It is certainly in a sense, a good ending and a well deserved rest to Geralt, but this ending makes me that I will not touch the game in really long time. And if I decide to play it again, it will be about few good years, when I decide to start to read the saga from the beggining.
But never mind; I dreamed of the ending in which not only Yen visits Geralt, but also Ciri or even Triss, so that the house is not so empty. I know, that is maybe stupid to force CDPR to move some of characters to Toussaint, because many of them would need story explanation (why f.e. they decided to travel to TS).
But think about drinking vodka with Zoltan, Dandelion and Regis at the campfire and playing gwent and maybe later playing it together in taverns. I do not know maybe it's because of sentiment to the books, but it would be a thing, that would make that, I would not put the Witcher so quickly back on the shelf.
Extremely sorry for my english.

Ho Gawd This!

Hello everyone,

I've been searching high and low since I only managed to finish the base game yesterday evening, for any chance on having the main characters that kept you invested "find-able" somewhere in the world. As far as my reading went, I'm looking FW for BaW however I would still like to be able to perhaps visit Ciri somewhere and have some abode where I could meet with the "spouse".

Perhaps even be able to have some activities like gwent, etc.etc.

The post-main story game (until I'll play along with HoS and BaW), for me was the same as others described it: devoid of meaning, drive and felt as if I had picked the worst ending of all (finished with Ciri as emperor).

I'd actually pay as a DLC for something like this to exist.

EDIT: the feels in an empty Kaer Morhen was really really cruel tbh :D

EDIT2: http://strawpoll.me/4536523

Cheers,
uZu

Last edited:
Will the main NPCs from the main story stay in the world of the Blood and Wine DLC?

It looks like everyone (myself included) seems to feel empty and kinda sad after they finished the main story. You spent hours and hours with those great characters and you developped something like feelings for them... and after the main story all of them disappear forever. I have never experienced this in a game before but this emptiness in The Witcher 3 tears me apart.

Anyways, the actual question is if the NPCs from the main witcher story (or at least one of them) will be back and STAY in the new blood and wine DLC. I already know that there will be a scene with Yen/Triss/Ciri (Depending on the decisions you've made in the main story) in the end of the DLC but I do not know if they will stay or not.
I'd be very sad if they made the same mistake in the DLC as they made in the main story, I just don't want to be a lonely witcher in a world full of strangers and all I can do is hunting monsters (alone) for a living, that doesn't fit to the whole story which is a freakin' masterpiece... I would even pay for a DLC which brings the old characters back and where you can interact with them, maybe we could do some quests with them or just have a nice chat with them.

It's such a great game but the lack of the main characters in the end is so depressing. So please CDPR, if you haven't done it in the new DLC already, pay attention to the players and bring a little more life & hope in the game again after the end of the story, you would make so many players happy.

there is already a thread for this, you are not the only one

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/39674-Mega-SPOILERS-Immersion-Destroyer/page195

some of the characters return in blood and wine depending on your choices/actions in the main story

Yeah I've already seen this but I'm not able to read trough all those 10 billion posts which are concerning that topic.
So do you know by any chance if some characters will STAY in the blood and wine world? From the things I've read so far it's not looking good, seems like it's the same sad ending as the main story has - The NPCs are gone forever as soon as you finished the game.

Greets

Last edited:
Yeah I've already seen this but I'm not able to read trough all those 10 billion posts which are concerning that topic.
So do you know by any chance if some characters will STAY in the blood and wine world?

I know that Yen and Triss stick around. I am unsure about Ciri and Dandelion but I would imagine they do as well if they are the ones who show up.

P.S. Please review other similar threads before creating new ones.

EDIT: Threads Merged.

Last edited:
I know that Yen and Triss stick around. I am unsure about Ciri and Dandelion but I would imagine they do as well if they are the ones who show up.

So you can find them somewhere on the map, even after the Blood and Wine Story?

Well, the Blood & Wine ending is not so bad. They do not drop us into an empty world as it is done in the case of the Wild Hunt, but I feel still unsatisfied because it is still not what we expected. It is certainly in a sense, a good ending and a well deserved rest to Geralt, but this ending makes me that I will not touch the game in really long time. And if I decide to play it again, it will be about few good years, when I decide to start to read the saga from the beggining.
But never mind; I dreamed of the ending in which not only Yen visits Geralt, but also Ciri or even Triss, so that the house is not so empty.

Does that mean that (in his case) Yen will stay in Geralt's house but the others won't appear again in the world?

P.S. Please review other similar threads before creating new ones.

I did so, didn't find an answer to my question though.

Last edited:
So you can find them somewhere on the map, even after the Blood and Wine Story?

The person who shows up hangs out at your vineyard Corvo Bianco. They sit out side at day, sleep in the bed at night, etc. You can have a conversation with them, but it's always the same 3-4 conversation options.

Last edited:
So I just finished the main storyline and after realizing I am back in an empty Kaer Morhen I instantly fast travelled to Corvo Bianco to at least get the feeling of closure. The solution posted in the very first post with some states for main characters in the game would be perfect. For most of the characters there has been a closure in the character info so only a few remain to actually be there in the game world. Some main characters and maybe a few minor characters (which already had their state set before the ending, so no "work" involved here, alas you want to make it more immersive).
Heck even a little feast at the freaking mansion in Touissant with all alive characters which are important to Geralt (Triss, Yennefer, Ciri, Dandelion, some of the sorceresses and if you feeling "worky" do some of the side characters like Shani and Syanna or for the love of it anyone you encountered during this life-time journey, if still alive.) Take a glance at the "Citadel-DLC" of Bioware and make something similar with Corvo Bianco and after the festivities everyone says there goodbyes, Geralt sits with his love interest or Ciri or if nonexistent with Dandelion/Zoltan or Barnabus outside on the veranda over a glass of wine (maybe if it is the named one, they crack a joke about it) and cue Epilogue.
After that you STILL can put some of the characters back in the game. Love interest/Ciri in Corvo Bianco or if in Velen in Kaer Morhen. Give the opportunity to get 2 to 3 witcher contracts (nothing fancy, just go there and kill monster A) together with Ciri and there you have it. Closure and the feeling something you have done, made any kind of sense. The way it is done now is unfortunately very bland and unsatisfying. But that seems to be a general issue with storylines for videogames these days ;)

Edit: Before I forget it: Do not get me wrong. This ending ONLY feels bland because the journey was so exceptional, but that a bland or unsatisfying ending CAN ruin the whole experience should have been proven with the ME 3 ending catastrophe.

Last edited:
So do you know by any chance if some characters will STAY in the blood and wine world? From the things I've read so far it's not looking good, seems like it's the same sad ending as the main story has - The NPCs are gone forever as soon as you finished the game.

Greets

I do know that Dandelion and Zoltan remain in the Cabaret post-storyline. There's no meaningful dialogue to be had, but at least they didn't just disappear like everyone else.

So I just finished the main storyline and after realizing I am back in an empty Kaer Morhen I instantly fast travelled to Corvo Bianco to at least get the feeling of closure. The solution posted in the very first post with some states for main characters in the game would be perfect. For most of the characters there has been a closure in the character info so only a few remain to actually be there in the game world. Some main characters and maybe a few minor characters (which already had their state set before the ending, so no "work" involved here, alas you want to make it more immersive).
Heck even a little feast at the freaking mansion in Touissant with all alive characters which are important to Geralt (Triss, Yennefer, Ciri, Dandelion, some of the sorceresses and if you feeling "worky" do some of the side characters like Shani and Syanna or for the love of it anyone you encountered during this life-time journey, if still alive.) Take a glance at the "Citadel-DLC" of Bioware and make something similar with Corvo Bianco and after the festivities everyone says there goodbyes, Geralt sits with his love interest or Ciri or if nonexistent with Dandelion/Zoltan or Barnabus outside on the veranda over a glass of wine (maybe if it is the named one, they crack a joke about it) and cue Epilogue.
After that you STILL can put some of the characters back in the game. Love interest/Ciri in Corvo Bianco or if in Velen in Kaer Morhen. Give the opportunity to get 2 to 3 witcher contracts (nothing fancy, just go there and kill monster A) together with Ciri and there you have it. Closure and the feeling something you have done, made any kind of sense. The way it is done now is unfortunately very bland and unsatisfying. But that seems to be a general issue with storylines for videogames these days ;)

Edit: Before I forget it: Do not get me wrong. This ending ONLY feels bland because the journey was so exceptional, but that a bland or unsatisfying ending CAN ruin the whole experience should have been proven with the ME 3 ending catastrophe.

This thread would likely be of interest to you: [h=1]A Fan Service DLC like "Citadel" For The Witcher 3[/h]

There is something similar done as a mod for the previous game, although it is written for only one ending of the game, with fixed choices the authors happened to prefer. However, it does not seem likely now that there will be more official DLCs, but who knows, plans may change, even if the chances of that are low.

Guest 3875755

I just finished my first playthrough of the entire trilogy in sequence having finished 1 and 2 in December 15' and March 16' respectively. I cannot believe after all that Geralt is dumped in Kaer Morhen on his own with none of the characters you spend literally hundreds of hours with in existence.

Heart-breaking, and so so avoidable.

---------- Post merged on 07-08-2016 at 08:50 AM ----------

HAHA! Keira is at my Kaer Morhen! I don't know if it's a bug, or because she is a shop, but she is located where Vesemir is burned! She has most her original dialogue options plus Lambert's.

Me and Keira are going to live in Kaer Morhen now, screw you RED.

So sad that they haven't changed anything till now! One good think is that you can have at least Yen or Ciri at the ending of Blood&Wine living with you at your vineyard!

There is something similar done as a mod for the previous game, although it is written for only one ending of the game, with fixed choices the authors happened to prefer. However, it does not seem likely now that there will be more official DLCs, but who knows, plans may change, even if the chances of that are low.

What mod? :O

Top Bottom