Melee combat animations

+
First of all, I enjoy melee combat a lot in this game. That's actually what encouraged me to finish all the NCPD scanner missions. But after 180 hours, I feel like there could be some improvements to it which would make melee combat even more fun.

More Finishing Moves: There are only 3 finishing moves in the game, one for Katana, one for Gorilla Arms and one for Mantis Blades. They're all good but we need more of them. Like a couple more for each melee weapon. For example, knife animations in this game is one of the best that I've seen. But there's no special finishing moves for knifes. 2-3 finishing moves for every melee weapon would make the combat much more enjoyable.

Stealth Kill Animations: This absoulutely needs to be in the game. If I'm equipped with a melee weapon while approaching an enemy from stealth, there should be a special kill animation with that particular weapon whether it's bladed or blunt.

Problem with Blunt Weapons: I built my Street Kid character around Body attribute, focusing on Street Brawler perks. But blunt weapons in this game don't provide the same level of satisfaction that you get from bladed ones, except Gorilla Arms (Gorilla Arms is pretty good). Playing with a Baseball Bat for example, I don't really feel like I'm hitting the enemy with enough force, it feels kind of clunky and also there's no special animations for it. Blunt weapons need a little love hopefully with upcoming patches.

Problem with Blunt Weapons: I built my Street Kid character around Body attribute, focusing on Street Brawler perks. But blunt weapons in this game don't provide the same level of satisfaction that you get from bladed ones, except Gorilla Arms (Gorilla Arms is pretty good). Playing with a Baseball Bat for example, I don't really feel like I'm hitting the enemy with enough force, it feels kind of clunky and also there's no special animations for it. Blunt weapons need a little love hopefully with upcoming patches.

I like both their moveset and the feedback from the hit but i hate their models. Blade players got Katanas, Tantos, Sabres, knives while blunt players got toilet pipes and tire irons.... :cry: Come on!

Oh, can't wait to make a blunt only build so i can max my V and finally use the legendary toilet pipe. Such a proper weapon for high level characters, especially in year 2077. :think:

And here I was running around with my pipe wrench shouting:
"Shut up, crime!!"

I thought blunt users also get a special item from an NPC, so there is that.

Stealth Kill Animations: This absoulutely needs to be in the game. If I'm equipped with a melee weapon while approaching an enemy from stealth, there should be a special kill animation with that particular weapon whether it's bladed or blunt.

I guarantee that there is a thumb drive laying around the CDPR office with this cut content stored on it.
Post automatically merged:

Also, killing someone with a monowire adds to your "street brawler" experience, for some goddamn reason. So it's being counted as blunt weapon????

So this sneaky garrotte that slices and dices people, with a damage stat boost in cool, is counted as a blunt weapon?

Who designed this?

JagoA

Forum regular
Yep, definitely one thing that would make my playstyle more enjoyable. You have no idea how many times I double jump into the air into a hard attack on someone on the ground with a katana to end up with their body being dragged into the air for the decapitation finisher :ROFLMAO:

I guarantee that there is a thumb drive laying around the CDPR office with this cut content stored on it.
Post automatically merged:

Also, killing someone with a monowire adds to your "street brawler" experience, for some goddamn reason. So it's being counted as blunt weapon????

So this sneaky garrotte that slices and dices people, with a damage stat boost in cool, is counted as a blunt weapon?

Who designed this?

I like the monowire and that was one thing I didn’t like about the point system. The damage is in cool but the perks are in body. So, if players want to run a monowire build they are forced to place points into both. While all the other weapons damage and perks are for the most part located in the same attribute tree. I kind of get the feeling the monowire was going to have its own small perk tree in cool but they never got around to finishing it.

I like the monowire and that was one thing I didn’t like about the point system. The damage is in cool but the perks are in body. So, if players want to run a monowire build they are forced to place points into both. While all the other weapons damage and perks are for the most part located in the same attribute tree. I kind of get the feeling the monowire was going to have its own small perk tree in cool but they never got around to finishing it.

Yeah, I was really disappointed when I ran my stealth/smg build, and all of my monowire fights were going to Body

Juyo

Forum regular
I like both their moveset and the feedback from the hit but i hate their models. Blade players got Katanas, Tantos, Sabres, knives while blunt players got toilet pipes and tire irons.... :cry: Come on!

Oh, can't wait to make a blunt only build so i can max my V and finally use the legendary toilet pipe. Such a proper weapon for high level characters, especially in year 2077. :think:

There's a nice golden baseball bat iconic from a side mission involving Johnny, but I agree the variety of the blunt weapon models isn't as diverse or exciting as the bladed weapon options - even then I'd prefer more options for both really! Don't really understand how Sasquatch's Hammer isn't an iconic, either...

The monowire xp gain going into blunt weapons is just plain odd and feels like someone just made a mistake to me!

Being cool is always good, benefits to every build, no matter what style you prefer.
Blunt weapon damage for monowire cutting people into pieces, is total mistake.

Top Bottom