Melee weapon/arms cyberware-specific stealth takedowns (lethal option)

+
I'm aware this would require a lot of additional animations but considering the limited arsenal which could be broken down into general categories such as small blunt, large blunt, short blade, long blade, and the three eligible melee cyberware options, namely gorilla arms, mantis blades and monowire, this could be a manageable task.

How it would work:

When sneaking up to a hostile NPC the game would check the currently equipped melee weapon or currently active arms cyberware and then would present the corresponding lethal takedown prompt without putting the NPC in a chokehold first (the prompt for the chokehold would still be there, of course).
Selecting the lethal takedown option would trigger and play out the melee weapon/arms cyberware-specific short animation accordingly.

Some ideas:

With a short blade -> cutting/slitting the throat OR stabbing the neck/upper chest area
With a long blade -> running the blade through the torso from behind OR stabbing the neck/upper chest area with a quick downward thrust
With the gorilla arms -> crushing the head through sheer pressure applied on both temples OR crushing the neck with both hands OR gouging out the eyes/ocular implants OR ripping apart the lower and upper jaws (all of this not too over-the-top and too glorifying/gratuitous, of course)
With the monowire -> a quick cut/slice through the neck, separating the head from the rest of the body, nice and clean

Last edited:
One of the things I could imagine that probably was supposed to be in the game originally but got scrapped, like so many others.

Would be great to see this maybe (re-)introduced with one of the future content updates or the expansions.
I always thought that it made absolutely no sense that V would not use, for instance the monowire - essentially an even more deadlier version of a Garrote - to quickly and silently dispatch a NPC if there was the opportunity.

For the monowire I wanted like a hitman thing where you'd chock them out in 1 second

Top Bottom