Memory Leak Problems Anyone?

+
Memory Leak Problems Anyone?

Ok so i think i have noticed a memory leak issue with the game since patch 1.21.

After about 45min-1h30min of play(depending on where i am)the game starts stuttering like crazy and my RAM is maxed out(have 8gb),the only way i found to fix it is to quit the game(which makes my whole PC sluggish for about 10min)and to start it again.

So i started digging and searching the web with no answers so i remembered about the infamous GC.ini.
The surprising thing was that they have changed it completely for 1.21.

What i need help with is the following:
1.Can someone please post their values form their config file,there is always a possibility that mine is just busted.

2.If the 1st one is not it,i would hope that someone could explain which one of these might be couseing my problem so i can modify them...maybe its a little issue after all that can be fixed with a few changes to this file.

Thank you in advance :cheers3:

There are no memory leak issues, as that would be affecting all players exactly the same way. It's likely a problem with something else on your system. Try deleting your config files (or move them if you want to do a comparison), and then validate / verify your installation.

It doesn't sound like an issue that would be caused by a config setting, though. Degradation of performance over time is usually the result of system resources being gobbled up by a malicious program of some sort. Do a scan for virus / malware / spyware, and see what pops up. I recommend using either AVG or Avast.

I did as you suggested and everything is fine....i played the game on 1.12 with no issues 2 weeks back,it has something to do with a patch i'm sure.....i just wanted to see the defaults of the gc.ini of other people so i could tinker and potentially fix the issue until the new patch comes and fixes this :)

Thanks for the reply either way :)

I have the same problem. Music stops after a while, long loading screens mid-game while roaming openly through Touissant, closing the game sometimes the background music still plays out forever while I'm back to Windows' desktop. Alienware 15, I7-4710, 16 GB of RAM, GTX 980m and Samsung Evo 850 SSD - haven't had any issues prior to 1.21 and B&W. Also ran the GOG Galaxy repair procedure twice but issues are still present.

Same Problem here.
I had never Problems with The Witcher 3 til B&W. Now ist unplayable. The Witcher3 . exe eats more and more RAM in seconds and if it reaches 2,6 GB of my RAM the Game crashes on Desktop.
i have 8 gb RAM , Windows 10 and no mods, malware ect,
also tried to reinstall everything inkl. the graphics Driver.

pls help

Maybe blood and wine is eating more memory ?
Even on my rig with 16 gigs of ram it goes easy over 9 gb of ram, after like 65 min.

No way. I've almost 800 hours into the game and it started lagging badly after the 1.21 patch. I played with everything maxed, except grass with no lagging issue at all for the entire 800 hours, but not until latest patch do I experience sometimes severe lag after about 10-20 minutes of play. This is probably a memory leak.

Definitely something in the patch is causing memory leak on my system, regardless if some don't experience it...many of us do. I'm no noob either.

So people, quit giving people bogus "your system is the issue". Most case many folks whom have as much time (or more) as I do have not experienced this issue until last patch. It's the patch 100%.

Yea, got an AMD 8 core (4gb), 16 megs ram, 2gb GTX750, etc etc etc.

Good day,
DRDetroit

Have any of you sent in a bug report to Technical Support yet? If not, I'd suggest you do it ASAP. Make it official, let them know.

There are many Problems with random Crashes reported in the gog Forum, sometimes after 5 Minutes sometimes after 30 or 60 Minutes. I think ist all about this Memory leak Thing. In the Beginning i played an Hour or two without a Crash , then 2 or three crashes in an hour , now after 30 secs ist over. i cant Play anymore...

I did not encounter any obvious memory leak problems like slowdowns after a certain amount of time, but Blood and Wine did crash once, which did not happen with the base game for a long time.

A "memory leak" is an issue with the game's code, meaning the issue could be recreated exactly for every person. The random crashing being described here seems likely to be due to drivers, system config issues, or file system errors. It doesn't sound like people here are even experiencing the same issue.

I would send as detailed a description as possible with a couple saved games and your dxdiag to CDPR Support. Also, try installing Microsoft Visual Studio, Visual C++, .NET Framework, and DirectX again. Don't uninstall anything from your system, just let the programs install / overwrite automatically. (Especially with Studio, C++, and .NET, it's a good idea to have multiple versions installed side-by-side.)

OK, i solved my Memory Problem. It seems thart 8 GB Ram and only 200 MB pagefile arent enough. Samsung Magician has limited my Pagefile to 200mb and i didnt noticed. I turned this Limitation off and i didnt have any crashes so far.

OK, i solved my Memory Problem. It seems thart 8 GB Ram and only 200 MB pagefile arent enough. Samsung Magician has limited my Pagefile to 200mb and i didnt noticed. I turned this Limitation off and i didnt have any crashes so far.

That's interesting. Any idea why Magician limited it to such a small size? With 8GB, the system should not have relied too much on the paging file anyway, but 200 MB is ridiculously small. Let us know how it goes!

Just reporting in to say I have this issue too, as you know Sigilfey :) And my pagefile has been going up to 12k mb (as afterburn reports it) so I don't think that is the issue, but its nice that it fixed the issue for that guy. I did send an official report to CDPR and they responded asking if I had any mods or console enabled, and I told them I didn't along with some other info surrounding the issue. I haven't heard back since then, but hopefully its on their radar.

And unfortunately 1.22 also seemed to cause a boat graphics error as this guy has also reported on reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/4oapcb/boat_graphics_glitch_after_122/

Also slugging through B+W still with the 'memory usage error' I found another graphical glitch with a certain portal later in the story that is just orange transparent squares. It was like this for 1.21 and 1.22. I verified my game 3 times through galaxy. I suppose I'll end up reporting them too if I get another response anytime soon.

And ofc the silly new NG+ level capping at 100 when it was mentioned there wasn't a level cap before the DLC.

Oh, and finally, something I never mentioned because its so sparse... Almost all names in Hearts of Stone Had [PL] next to them, but they seemed mostly english still as far as I could tell. In Blood and Wine I've had a few signs in polish, a few polish names, and also a letter that had [PL] (Polish name) but the entire letter was still in English.

Last edited:
Also slugging through B+W still with the 'memory usage error' I found another graphical glitch with a certain portal later in the story that is just orange transparent squares. It was like this for 1.21 and 1.22. I verified my game 3 times through galaxy. I suppose I'll end up reporting them too if I get another response anytime soon.

And unfortunately 1.22 also seemed to cause a boat graphics error as this guy has also reported on reddit.

This all looks / sounds like data corruption. Try verifying / validating through Steam / GOG. If you still see the issue, switch your download region and try again.

Almost all names in Hearts of Stone Had [PL] next to them, but they seemed mostly english still as far as I could tell. In Blood and Wine I've had

This sounds like a problem with the language settings, but it could also be a file that didn't update properly. Delete your user.settings file and everything else in that directory (EXCEPT the gamesaves folder -- KEEP that), and be sure none of your files are set to "Read only" before you to the verify / validate.

And ofc the silly new NG+ level capping at 100 when it was mentioned there wasn't a level cap before the DLC.

This is something that has been reported in another thread. You may want to send a specific Support Ticket in for this one.

Top Bottom