Memory leak

+
I have noticed an issue with my performance dropping from high 80s to 50-60 fps after some hours of playing the game. It seems many players have the same problem as i have seen on Reddit/forums/steam . Suggested it is a memory leak issue, please look into it

How could this be a "Memory Leak" ?
Any proof on concept (aka screenshots, hardware config, DXdiag, graphics driver version and so on), or just guestimates ?
It sounds more like that a hardware bottleneck ... after the initial preload is gone, you hardware must deliver the data on the fly - to slow = less FPS then initial

Same here and i dont think so its a hardware bottleneck. Many ppl have this problem almost every forum. Although i controlled my tempatures. Its completly normal.
All drivers and bios updated.
Not a single malware.
Specs: 1660 super
Ryzen 5 2600
16 gb 3200 mhz ram with ssd (no bad sectors)
Im getting like 70-80 fps and playing smoothy at first hour. Then for same areas (specially running and driving) my fps dropping to 30-40 fps with microstutters.

Please fix it guys.

I don't imagine it could be some kind of bottleneck for me since my pc is very strong. I decided to post it here after seeing many people complain about it being a 'memory leak' which wouldn't be unusual for a game that just launched. All im saying is look into it just incase

I have the same problem. If you check the system RAM usage either via "task manager" or some 3rd party soft, you can see the RAM is filling up constantly, although the game uses only around 4gb. I have reported it as a bug as well, no idea if they look into it.
Im running Win7, where it is most visible. I have 16gb of ram in my system. The most noticeable and fastest time when RAM fills up is in your Apartment, sorting out inventory and moving items into/from stash. In this process the RAM usage skyrockets up in few minutes and fills the system RAM completely until freeze or crash.
The second visible time is when you drive fast through the city, not the outskirts but for example from Watson to pacifica.
As well every game LOAD fills up the RAM a bit - 200-400mb. I have noticed this issue with Loading on Windows 10 as well, but the other problems dont seem to fill the RAM that fast or almost none.
But I saw RAM usage jump up around 800mb just for completing a small quest with NIX without going out of the bar or doing anything different. This was as well on Win10.
I must restart the game every hour and watch out for the RAM usage so it dont crash in the middle of something.
It is really annoying and game experience breaking.

Attachments

• 15min in inventory.png
    15min in inventory.png
    829 KB · Views: 60
  • 30min full memory.png
    30min full memory.png
    766.6 KB · Views: 67
  • after crash.png
    after crash.png
    568.8 KB · Views: 66
  • fresh start of game.png
    fresh start of game.png
    552.2 KB · Views: 61
  • pre-launch memory.png
    pre-launch memory.png
    243.9 KB · Views: 81
Another thing I've noticed that can cause decrease of the performance is the "ping hack" or any spotting ability in general. I've used it while doing the mission where you infiltrate in the store of Pacifica to find the "camionette" and my fps went instantly from 80 to 50 and never returned back up. 16 GB of ram here.

Top Bottom