Mens Lounge

+
For all the thoughts I couldn't write here when I read all of you ;)

"the man's method was within cultural norms, saying that "despite the increasing domestication of men in this context, urinating standing up is still common practice."

I don't know in what backwater %&/(%hole the judge lives but ehm nope...

Any man should just try pissing while standing in any place of the Germans I know... There is exactly ONE place one could do that, my brother in-laws and only if he uses the urinal specifically installed in every bathroom for men. Everybody else... You'd get cleaning gear and get to clean the whole bathroom. (Mostly the men who don't accept it anymore)

Seriously, German judges have a reputation for siding with tenants, and the landlord did install flooring that could be damaged by something that by some perversion of reason seemed to fall within the normal hazards of being a W.C. floor.

Last edited:
I don't know in what backwater %&/(%hole the judge lives but ehm nope...

Any man should just try pissing while standing in any place of the Germans I know... There is exactly ONE place one could do that, my brother in-laws and only if he uses the urinal specifically installed in every bathroom for men. Everybody else... You'd get cleaning gear and get to clean the whole bathroom. (Mostly the men who don't accept it anymore)

Well, with dogs, if you neuter them young enough, they continue to squat for the rest of their lives.

But on a slightly more serious note, I have NEVER got this whole issue.
- I've seen some pretty disgusting Ladies Washrooms in my time, women don't always aim perfectly, especially when drunk.
- Maybe some of you can clarify, but I didn't think it was obligatory for men to splash if they pee standing up.
- The related meme of "men never putting the seat back down" always strikes me as selfish. If a couple live in the same house, then the courtesy should be for the next user. If a man is expected to put the seat back down when he's finished, the woman should be expected to lift the seat when SHE'S finished.
- The person responsible for stains on a marble bathroom floor is the person who thought it a good idea to put a marble floor in a bathroom.

(And, in the interest of gender equality - a National Environment Agency poster from Singapore.)

Last edited:
But on a slightly more serious note, I have NEVER got this whole issue.
- I've seen some pretty disgusting Ladies Washrooms in my time, women don't always aim perfectly, especially when drunk.

Wouldn't argue on the public bathrooms front... Honestly the solution for that are unisex bathrooms, Never seen a single dirty unisex bathroom.

Something about woman being afraid of sitting on public toilets makes things worse. I just sit down on those, really if I get sick from a toilet seat then I probably need a better immune system
- Maybe some of you can clarify, but I didn't think it was obligatory for men to splash if they pee standing up.
I've cured many a man of that belief, The "I don't splash" guys are always shocked if you don't clean the walls for a week or two and then force them to wipe it of with a wet paper towel. After that 100% sitting men.
The solution to men pissing while standing is simple you stand you clean... Men are really fast to sit down if they have to clean under supervision and YES that means the walls too.

- The related meme of "men never putting the seat back down" always strikes me as selfish. If a couple live in the same house, then the courtesy should be for the next user. If a man is expected to put the seat back down when he's finished, the woman should be expected to lift the seat when SHE'S finished.
NO, both should always lower the lid and the seat... I mean those toilets have a lid for a reason.
- The person responsible for stains on a marble bathroom floor is the person who thought it a good idea to put a marble floor in a bathroom.
Not even about the marble heck the floor usually isn't the problem the last guy to pee in my bathroom while standing found his face pressed in his own pee on the wooden cabinet.

Last edited:
Well, I normally piss while sitting. It´s cleaner, more comfortable, and I can take a couple of minutes to play something on my cell phone. I only do it standing if I´m in a hurry.

Well peing while standing will always spread piss around the room, even if you can't see it. I don't know, why you would even want to stand in a private bathroom. It is more relaxing to sit down. And really pulling down your pants and back up doesn't take that much time. The lid should be closed at all times, so particles don't spread as much through vaporization and things can't fall in. Don't understand the judges ruling though. He damaged the floor, if wanted or not, if it needs to be replaced because of his habits, he pays for it. If I smoke in the room or destroy the furniture I should have to pay for that as well, when I move out.
I am pro unisex bathrooms, although that would probably mean longer queues for men. Gets rid of the fear of the other sex, makes people care more about how they behave there and thus cleaner bathrooms and will probably make them increase the privacy of the individual stalls. Should keep the pissoirs though, if possible.
Never understood people though being afraid to sit on the public toilet. Just put some toilet paper on it and voila, you don't touch the germs of someone else with your butt.

Top Bottom