Mentioned but missing features list

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG... I don't even remember what the car's dashboard looks so cool in the E3 2018 demo (speed display on the windshield). I don't understand why it failed to implement in the final version of game.

Aye it looked cool on that Quadra. Could have been added to the Quadra V-Tech you get from that side quest.

Although I do like the functioning dashboards on the cars. Wish they fixed the overblown bloom effect (or HDR?) while driving.

Just posting to keep this thread going. I dont want CDPR to lose sight of what they promised vs what we got. I still feel like I was conned out of £50 by their marketing campaign, Q&As, Night City Wires. All just a huge facade.
Hopefully they will pay for it in court, but the positive side of all this is that companies will have to provide demos and be more frank about what the players should expect. Also that people will be less likely to preorder, which is also good. Sadly I don't think that the game will turn out as the demo or even close - there doesn't seem to be any incentive, people are to forgiving and interpret everything that CDPR says as scripture. Even looking to the recent response to the patch notes there seems to be an overwhelming "thankfulness" on the part of most people even though CDPR has shown a grave disrespect in regards to their own player base.

Depressing read. 44 pages, thread up for 3 months, no Dev response.

Still waiting for my refund CDPR, what I paid for isn't what you delivered and clearly you've no interest on making good on your promises.

The truth is, I did not expect that the missing content will be available after all this is a patch, I think many people made the illusion that more content would be added to the game and there is a big difference between content and patches and this is to improve the gameplay for Cyberpunk. I hope CDPR reads this because now that the improvements have come they have to focus on bringing the removed content and adding new ones. Seeing the amount of improvements it gives me to understand that this game was definitely not ready to take off, but you cannot blame them for everything. I can only imagine the pressure they had and still have with such a visionary project because yes, we cannot deny that the players and investors were desperate for results so it is unfair to throw all the weight to CDPR in my opinion and it is not the first time that some game is canceled due to pressure and delays. It is sad to see so many negative comments from the community but I will not deny that many are right but I believe in redemption and for the benefit of the company the next thing we see has to be YES or YES the content promised to the player because we deserve it.

I just want to know about the AI and what they plan on doing with it in the future if anything. The AI how they sold it was what made the game sounds unique. The reality is that it's not even as good as AI in games created 20 years ago.

this game's entire marketing campaign was based on misleading trailers and hyping people over non existing features.
If they showed 5 hours of the 2021 gameplay in 2018 - and I mean just RAW gameplay, no bullshots, no scripted segments, then NO ONE WOULD CARE ABOUT THIS GAME! It would go down as another yearly generic Ubisoft like open world game and then quickly forgotten about.

Last edited:
this game's entire marketing campaign was based on misleading trailers and hyping people over non existing features.
If they showed 5 hours of the 2021 gameplay in 2018 - and I mean just RAW gameplay, no bullshots, no scripted segments, then NO ONE WOULD CARE ABOUT THIS GAME! It would go down as another yearly generic Ubisoft like open world game and then quickly forgotten about.

To be fair, no one was playing this game for the pure gameplay. We expected the story to be magnificent.

[...] But i assume there are bigger problems right now. Like..where is the actual game they advertise. Didn't play it since maybe a year. Nothing really nice to notice in the patch notes and for what I can assume.. there will be some dlcs and after this "thanks guys we developed an amazing game to remember for the decade's" but nobody mentioned if it's a good or bad thing to remember :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[...] But i assume there are bigger problems right now. Like..where is the actual game they advertise. Didn't play it since maybe a year. Nothing really nice to notice in the patch notes and for what I can assume.. there will be some dlcs and after this "thanks guys we developed an amazing game to remember for the decade's" but nobody mentioned if it's a good or bad thing to remember :)

I'm not sure what game they advertised beyond the gameplay trailer. Which is in the game. There's a lot of people talking broken "promises" but the only thing they promised was the game would work.

THAT they broke.

But there is nothing else they've said. I'd like to know what people think they said that wasn't there other than the game's buggy nature.

I glanced at that list and most of it is either a) things talked about in development and never guaranteed and b) things translated and summarized by other outlets (see: the interview in German with Miles and Philipp about NPC AI. Apparently, the reddit translator actually apologized on Twitter for his mistranslation.).

This is a general What I Want rant thread, based on people's ridiculous hoped-for The Perfect Game. 2077 has lots of flaws, but "Yeah, we've got acid rain as well. Night City is a very polluted city and we're also exploring that kind of stuff, pollution and global warming and everything." from Alvin Liu does not mean acid rain that will "pose a threat to your survival" for example, isn't a "missing feature". That was never "promised".

You aren't likely to get a Dev response, because when you claim the metro travel was promised but removed, as in the opening post, well, that undercuts your entire point. It was never, ever promised to players.

Also, I haven't seen anything really new in here? Thread necroed by someone who wanted to complain that Cyberpunk 2077 is a generic Ubisoft game? Off topic, to boot.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom