Mentioned but missing features list

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean Ofcourse, When they Showed Gameplay Demo's and Trailers. There's Always a Disclaimer prompt, That this will not Reflect in the End Product and that Features are bound to be Changed and/or Removed Later on.
But Holy Hell Man I didn't think they meant the Whole Damn Freaking Game.
But is that a Possibility? With Updates and Patches Later down the Line, is it Possible to Get those Features that were Shown in Demo Footage and Mentioned Plenty Times Before?
I know for sure, Later on this Game will be EXCEMPTIONALLY Different a Year later down the Line. But i can't say whether the Gameplay and the World will Improve to the Point Our Choices in Quests will ACTUALLY matter, Where our Life Paths ACTUALLY Means something other than Dialogue Options and how we Start the Game. Where GamePlay will even change. Is that a Possibility?

[...], and how dare you ask if any of this will be added back in..

Like even just some of this, too.

Attachments

• 1608153858536.png
    1608153858536.png
    4 MB · Views: 95
Last edited by a moderator:
Played 153 hours so far and absolutely loved it but I always felt like stuff was missing.

I was sitting down today looking through some of the gameplay and stuff said before the game launched and now I know why I hyped over this game and now I know why I am so extreamly dissapointed.

I would like to direct you to Cyberpunk 2077's YouTube channel and look at the 48 minutes of content shown August 27, 2018. Click Here.
Follow this and you will see what I mean with "cut content."

First see if you find the comment done to move softer through the video. Giannandrea Ferrara made our job 10 times easier.↓

0:06 Nope, never happened. No cutscenes where you can see your own character

1:01 "This is an RPG" Nope....that's a lie, you changed the tag from RPG to Action game

1:01 No key life event and "Why Night City" in the actual game, All characters play the same exact way after the prologue.

1:08 "New possibilities later in the game". Just few extra dialogues that have almost no impact in the game

1:20 "And many, many more". Nope, just add "nails" and "teeth" to the list and that's it (and what's the point of those? You will never actually seen them in game). Character customisation is one the laziest i've seen in an RPG. But hey, you can customize your d***c (type 1 and 2...wow)

1:37 "Near the beginning of the game". Yes, correct...after a timeskip of 6 months with cut contents and absolute 0 context.

1:40 "Along with a netrunner called T-Bug". Yes, the player will hear that name for the first time, but not the characters....they have problably already met her during the 6 month period you are not able to play.

2:44 Nope, not such a thing like context-related stealth takedown. All the knockdowns in the game play the same exact animation.

3:00 Nope. NPC and Enemies don't interact with any props in game

3:40 Nope, not happening. Enemies' AI is not that advanced. This was probably a scripted scene removed from the final game. Jackie never interacted with the actual enviroment

3:45 Nope, not happening.

3:50 Nope, V does not interact with other NPC during combat.

4:14 Just no....Jackie is more a bullet-sponge than anything else.

4:25 Jackie changing weapon grapping a new one from the enemy? Hell no, not happening.

5:44 Options on how to carry on with the mission? Not happening.

7:14 No, V never said that. Again: V doesn't interact in anyway with the world around him/her.

7:46 Nope, elevators often have only 2 possibile destinations: Ground floor and Mission Floor.

7:52 Again, No third person cutscenes

8:05 Hell NO. Not happening. not even the slightiest. This frame is so full of lies I don't even know where to start: no cutscenes about the apartment, No clothes around the house; no Joytoys coming at your house and getting re-dressed after s*x. V doesn't sleep like that on the bed. Ceck the memes about that

8:29 No, that's a lie. You don't interact with people like that.

8:30 Not happening

8:39 Not happening

9:14 NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. All the possible interactions with props are made possibile with the press of 1 key, "F", while aiming at them. No Additional fancy UIs

11:09 No, it doesn't.

11:57 No, elevators don't have that many options...again

12:17 "With no loading screens" Fair enough, but instead of a loading screen they put elevators rides that takes several seconds, during these elevator runs you won't see the outside most of the time.

13:05 "LIES LIES LIES LIES".

13:14 No, that's not true. NPC don't have day-night cycles.

15:17 No, Missions' intels are not that good

20:10 No, vendor's interface is not that good. You will get a UI from early 2000s

22:20 No, not true.

24:20 No, nothing like that in the game

24:31 Driving interface is nothing like that. They downgraded it to a simple HUD element in the corner of the screen.

24:58 "No....only some broken cars and a couple of bikes....nothing else"

25:06 This scene is clearly scripted and the same thing happen in the actual game. In the game it's simply not that epic

25:12 No, not happening

25:16 Seen that car accident? Well....forget anything like that.

25:53 "WHAT?" What does that even mean? Hell no....nothing like that.

23:58 Seen that collision? Forget about that...most of time things will just explode if you get too close of them. Other time that rubbish will be as hard as a wall, stopping your car.

27:13 Yes. You could do that, but it would have no impact on the outcome.

28:34 That's a lie. A big LIE. Player's decision have almost 0 impact on the story and the quests.

37:54 No, not really. There isn't such a thing

38:14 No. There is nothing like this in the game.

38:27 No, they don't.

38:58 No. Only 3. Tech, Strengh and Hacking. All of them are based on a minimum level of that stat to open the way; actual perks and skills in that category doesn't matter.

40:06 No, Enemies won't react in any way to granades or others. They will just stay still and get hit by them.

44:33 No, nothing like that, really.

44:52 No, only 2% of all quests have different paths you can choose from. The specif quest they have shown in this video is the only one in the game with some different choices in it. Nothing dramatic, really.... It's "Ally with Maelstrom and be enemies of the Miltech" or the exact same opposite.... there are 5-6 ways of playing this mission but they all end with 2 possibile final outcomes.
Post automatically merged:

Thank you for you time. Sums it up good.

They probably gonna add in later stages of the game id they are not gonna abandon it. Though i wonder what kind of dls we get because they kinda wrote themselves into the corner with ending

I know the point you're trying to make, but the video legit has a watermark that says, and I quote, "WORK IN PROGRESS - DOES NOT REPRESENT THE FINAL LOOK OF THE GAME"

All these things are not 'missing' or 'promised' features.

I know the point you're trying to make, but the video legit has a watermark that says, and I quote, "WORK IN PROGRESS - DOES NOT REPRESENT THE FINAL LOOK OF THE GAME"

All these things are not 'missing' or 'promised' features.
"...Final look of the game" not "...Final itteration of the game" - that clause pertains to potential graphical downgrades that would inevitably happen. Look, I think CDPR has been an awesome dev and I want to give them the benefit of the doubt - but all that shit they showed, they later repeat in trailers all the way untill the last trailer dropped like 3-4 days before release. So I am not buying it. They sold the game on shit that isn't in, and so far from being implemented, that I have my doubts if they can even pull it off before the stock-losses and lawsuits delivers the coup-de-grace.

I love how CDPR said all over this video that its content was going to be altered but yet...

I love how back then it was a presentation only for the press but crybabies wanted to see it so bad they went that extra mile and released it for all to see, even if they stressed many times it was not a final product.

I love how ignorant some can be about developping games and what features eventually get cut when you try implementing them on a larger scope. What works in a small part of a scripted quest to showcase a game concept to the press might not work in a more open environnement or in a longer run. But I guess that's too hard to understand.

Bottom line : I hope next time CDPR won't bother showing early stuff to please the crowd.

They literally confuse their personal desires, their word interpretations, with 'content supposedly cut from the game'. And the worst thing is that they think that empty buildings justify their 'theses' about ... like the subway theses ...If we make videos about empty buildings and say 'look, this is a sign that something is missing', we end up with the game industry in the world, easier.

Final Fantasy XV, was also involved in a similar controversy. One of the best games ever made, with one of the best script adaptations in the history of this industry, one of the best stories, a game that, for me, would have a prominent place in the world among all games ever produced, which would be awarded with hundreds of prizes in all categories (I will not extend myself here) ... also suffered from 'expectations' ... (whether they were internal and / or external).
Sorry hon, but there is "basically what we promised in our touched up marketing fluff" and then there is blatant, false advertisement to the last couple of WEEKS before release... people as a whole aren't that stupid, and most gamers have a basic grasp of what can happen during the development of a major title, but there are always limits... and sometimes there comes along a game, that - for whatever reason - rushes right past those limits... like No Man's Sky, Fallout 76, FF14 and - now - Cyberpunk 2077.

"...Final look of the game" not "...Final itteration of the game" - that clause pertains to potential graphical downgrades that would inevitably happen. Look, I think CDPR has been an awesome dev and I want to give them the benefit of the doubt - but all that shit they showed, they later repeat in trailers all the way untill the last trailer dropped like 3-4 days before release. So I am not buying it. They sold the game on shit that isn't in, and so far from being implemented, that I have my doubts if they can even pull it off before the stock-losses and lawsuits delivers the coup-de-grace.

Just a information, CP still selling a lot at Steam, its the first in world, following by TW3 near...

Sorry hon, but there is "basically what we promised in our touched up marketing fluff" and then there is blatant, false advertisement to the last couple of WEEKS before release... people as a whole aren't that stupid, and most gamers have a basic grasp of what can happen during the development of a major title, but there are always limits... and sometimes there comes along a game, that - for whatever reason - rushes right past those limits... like No Man's Sky, Fallout 76, FF14 and - now - Cyberpunk 2077.

I don't think so, but I am absolutely convinced that many did not understand even half a word of what was written and said about the game until today. And that doesn't detract from any new ideas for the game.

I don't think so, but I am absolutely convinced that many did not understand even half a word of what was written and said about the game until today. And that doesn't detract from any new ideas for the game.
That might be, but they can SEE, can they... all the "feature" trailers, selling the illusion of a complex, varied game by chopping up and reassembling actual gameplay snippets and scripted, one off story scenes, as moment to moment gameplay, when half the game isn't even like that at all?

That might be, but they can SEE, can they... all the "feature" trailers, selling the illusion of a complex, varied game by chopping up and reassembling actual gameplay snippets and scripted, one off story scenes, as moment to moment gameplay, when half the game isn't even like that at all?

Red Bull, despite saying it gives wings, does not make us fly around :)

Lol. There is literally a lore shard where instead of the usual bit of background information, it has the developer's notes of what should be written and refrences to look back to.
Not that I am sure this is one of them but in the first Wire episode Pawel mentions that some of his notes will be insider the game, this might or might not be one of those.

"First of all, we would like to start by apologizing to you for not showing the game on base last-gen consoles before it premiered and, in consequence, not allowing you to make a more informed decision about your purchase. We should have paid more attention to making it play better on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Second, we will fix bugs and crashes, and improve the overall experience. The first round of updates has just been released and the next one is coming within the next 7 days. Expect more, as we will update frequently whenever new improvements are ready. After the holidays, we’ll continue working — we’ll release two large patches starting with Patch #1 in January. This will be followed by Patch #2 in February. Together these should fix the most prominent problems gamers are facing on last-gen consoles. We will be informing you about the contents of each patch ahead of their release. They won't make the game on last-gen look like it’s running on a high-spec PC or next-gen console, but it will be closer to that experience than it is now."

CPDR

Red Bull, despite saying it gives wings, does not make us fly around :)
Oh please... :rolleyes: Maybe I'm just too old for blind consumerism, but that's just willful ignorance on the part of some people here at this point... but hey, fine, let them get away with it - again - I bet it does wonders for the future of this game and company.

...oh wait, class action lawsuit, right.

Oh please... :rolleyes: Maybe I'm just too old for blind consumerism, but that's just willful ignorance on the part of some people here at this point... but hey, fine, let them get away with it - again - I bet it does wonders for the future of this game and company.

...oh wait, class action lawsuit, right.

class action lawsuit, at this moment, its only fake news and 'i hear about'...dont exist. And I think it's good that you stick to the terms of the debate. What you think of something is not or should serve as a rule, at least here.

class action lawsuit, at this moment, its only fake news and 'i hear about'...dont exist. And I think it's good that you stick to the terms of the debate. What you think of something is not or should serve as a rule, at least here.
Lalalalala... I get it, nevermind. :rolleyes: ;)

I mean Ofcourse, When they Showed Gameplay Demo's and Trailers. There's Always a Disclaimer prompt, That this will not Reflect in the End Product and that Features are bound to be Changed and/or Removed Later on.
But Holy Hell Man I didn't think they meant the Whole Damn Freaking Game.
But is that a Possibility? With Updates and Patches Later down the Line, is it Possible to Get those Features that were Shown in Demo Footage and Mentioned Plenty Times Before?
I know for sure, Later on this Game will be EXCEMPTIONALLY Different a Year later down the Line. But i can't say whether the Gameplay and the World will Improve to the Point Our Choices in Quests will ACTUALLY matter, Where our Life Paths ACTUALLY Means something other than Dialogue Options and how we Start the Game. Where GamePlay will even change. Is that a Possibility?
I'd say if we really think all of those features would be brought back, even a handful of them then we really believe to much in this company. I was one of those people call "fanboys" that believed CDPR was our savior within game development. Now I realize there is no such thing as "savior" within game development. No company in game development that I know of has clean hands anymore. Everyone lies to a extent, just sad to see how far CDPR went this time.

I love how CDPR said all over this video that its content was going to be altered but yet...

I love how back then it was a presentation only for the press but crybabies wanted to see it so bad they went that extra mile and released it for all to see, even if they stressed many times it was not a final product.

I love how ignorant some can be about developping games and what features eventually get cut when you try implementing them on a larger scope. What works in a small part of a scripted quest to showcase a game concept to the press might not work in a more open environnement or in a longer run. But I guess that's too hard to understand.

Bottom line : I hope next time CDPR won't bother showing early stuff to please the crowd.

"First of all, we would like to start by apologizing to you for not showing the game on base last-gen consoles before it premiered and, in consequence, not allowing you to make a more informed decision about your purchase. We should have paid more attention to making it play better on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Second, we will fix bugs and crashes, and improve the overall experience. The first round of updates has just been released and the next one is coming within the next 7 days. Expect more, as we will update frequently whenever new improvements are ready. After the holidays, we’ll continue working — we’ll release two large patches starting with Patch #1 in January. This will be followed by Patch #2 in February. Together these should fix the most prominent problems gamers are facing on last-gen consoles. We will be informing you about the contents of each patch ahead of their release. They won't make the game on last-gen look like it’s running on a high-spec PC or next-gen console, but it will be closer to that experience than it is now."

CPDR
even if the games run perfectly, its still not a good game. I have a feeling many of you werent able to get past act 1, when the scripted content is non existent, and its literally just a bad Far Cry game. Assassin's Creed has deeper narratives and consequential choices than CP2077, as well as deeper RPG systems. I hate Assassin's Creed because I think its too shallow and general

About the 'cut content' (not by 'rush' only - at last, but about 'what we have')

All the contents of unfinished versions (this medium works with versions) are not then present, not for 'bad things', but for various reasons (I would also like it to be one).

Among these several reasons, I highlight: absence of hardware capable of running everything safely, especially knowing that technologies such as DLSS and Ray Tracing present giant software and hardware problems, that AMD processors have giant problems with the Direct X 12 bookstore, etc.

A good term would have been to adopt 'when it ready', but bet, neither nVidia, nor Microsoft, nor Sony, nor anyone, was very patient or working hard to fix problems that exist in their consoles, hardware, etc... to launch the game.

The decision to launch the game was not only at CDPR, it was everyone's, not by chance they are all, embracing, striving to correct the game in the state it is in.

Possible extra ideas, which would require much more development time, up to an entire year (and despite the eternal hurries that fought over simple 3 postponements - entire community) are there, at CDPR, perhaps - there are no certainties, that they will be included . Maybe next year.

That is how it is, as I think it is. Without deluding myself too much ...

I can guarantee no 'content' will be added in atleast 3-4 months from now. Devs have enough todo with the current state of the game already.

You can't guarantee anything. I'm QA (Not on Cyberpunk. I have nothing to do with CDPR), and I know for a FACT that's it's possible to work on fixes while adding content.

It's done all the time. DLC is rarely just DLC. Especially when large packs and free DLC. You may not know it, but both Witcher 3 DLCs changed stuff so that the DLC content would be accessible. Patches change things in the same way. In a way DLC are patches.

There's nothing stopping a patch that fixes a crash from also adding a bunch of new weapons, armor, or even whole new areas to the game.

Devs are also specialized. The dev in charge of making weapon meshes and textures has absolutely nothing to do with fixing crashes due to code trying to load the wrong file or something. The sound dev isn't going to be fixing lighting issues or working on improving the AI in the game. Even the ones that are specialized in the fields that are needed to get the game where it's supposed to be on all platforms aren't all going to be doing that.

There are many devs for each specialization, and they are all broken up into teams, and the whole thing is pretty fluid. A dev working on new meshes might be pulled from making new weapon meshes to fix issues that were found with the current meshes that caused NPCs to stretch or distort or whatever. Once they're done fixing what needs to be fixed, they go back to working on new stuff like they were before.

This is especially the case since most of the content that was pulled is in some stage of WIP. It's not like they are creating completely new content. They are taking the content they already started, finishing it up and putting it back.

There probably is a portion on the dev team that's working on DLC/Expansion Packs or whatever you want to call them, but even they aren't starting from scratch. Much of the DLC in any game uses assets that have already been created. You don't have to create a tree or door since you already have 50 different doors or trees that were already made for the main game (even if not all of them were used).

With all the devs broken into teams and working on things as needed, you can have patches that fix issues while also re-adding content that was cut and even adding brand new content all at the same time and even in the same patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom