Mentioned but missing features list

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said and I must agree. CDPR has however to take full responsibility for this disaster of a launch. With the reputation they behold should be worth more. They could easely told the companies "This is far from the standard of our games and this Will backfire beyond imagenation" They were fully aware this backlash would happen and went through with it anyway. That is on them and them alone. PS taking game off store is proof of this being a possible circumstanse.
Post automatically merged:

You quoted CDPR?
They can't, not anymore. Shareholders don't care if the game doesn't meet CDPR standards, they only care about money so they pushed for deadlines to make a profit and then vanished into oblivion, leaving CDPR alone to handle the backlash

GTA delivered more, so, you're saying trust Rockstar first, got it.
I seriously don't get why people are comparing this to GTA when you should be comparing it to Deus Ex because they were never doing GTA from the start. They have always been doing Deus Ex.

I won't excuse the ton of missing features but you really need to check again what you're comparing it to cause criticizing it for not being something it's not is like complaining that your pizza isn't a burger.

If you complain about the pizza. Then complain about the pizza.

Last edited:
They didn't lie about anything, they just needed time and they realised they wouldn't be able to implement many things when the game was delayed for the first time. They probably thought about delaying the game indefinitely but unfortunately couldn't because of shareholders, now we can only hope they will fix everything and enhance the game

No. They said it worked "surprisingly well" on base consoles, which we've all seen by now was a complete lie.

I still don't understand how this game slipped through submission. Sure they promised to fix the game, and they "took their word for it," but that still doesn't explain how it still slipped through with the day 0/day 1 patch. Patches also have to go through submission, so they should have seen that even with the patch the game couldn't pass.

Submission should have been failed, which would have forced a delay. The game wouldn't have launched on the 10th, they would have had a lot more time (would have probably been pushed until late 2021 at the least), and all this would have been avoided.

I seriously don't get why people are comparing this to GTA when you should be comparing it to Deus Ex because they're not doing GTA. They're doing Deus Ex.

They straight said, ignore everything whatsoever. Since, if you seem to FORGET there WAS NO FOOTAGE BUT THE DEMO ALLOWED IN THE REVIEWS BEFORE LAUNCH.

I don't care about the genre, period, I care about what was promised, one delivers their promises, one does not.

No. They said it worked "surprisingly well" on base consoles, which we've all seen by now was a complete lie.

I still don't understand how this game slipped through submission. Sure they promised to fix the game, and they "took their word for it," but that still doesn't explain how it still slipped through with the day 0/day 1 patch. Patches also have to go through submission, so they should have seen that even with the patch the game couldn't pass.

Submission should have been failed, which would have forced a delay. The game wouldn't have launched on the 10th, they would have had a lot more time (would have probably been pushed until late 2021 at the least), and all this would have been avoided.
I was talking about cut content but yes you are right about that. It would have been another story if CDPR wasn't in the stock market, we can only hope and wait for now

Let's lay down a list of what was promised to us but it was found missing from the game.

Please let this gain some traction - we must be organized if we want to provoke an answer from the dev team.

- AMAZING AI that directs enemies during combat/patrol but also citizens and npcs' daily life ( https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kbk4ap )

- wanted system and corrupt police (https://gamerant.com/cyberpunk-2077-wanted-system-corrupt-police/)

-Immersive police involvment changing with the area where you commited the crime (https://www.usgamer.net/articles/cyberpunk-2077-producer-details-law-enforcement)

- in general, way more interesting combat and hacking (
). Some examples are the ability to use your wire to hack people (
), hacking reveales information about the network, more interesting viruses to upload, more loot from hacked devices.

- more interesting gameplay, for example: trauma team that plays a key role, freequent flying avs, ads that target the player point to the merchant that sells that product, merch could be pre-viewed before purchase (Source:
and
) NOTE: this section is by far the most oversimplied one. There are a number of minute key things I am not stating in this thread because I don't want to dilute it too much.

- Strong RPG elements (https://wccftech.com/cyberpunk-2077...aying-experience-than-the-witcher-3-says-dev/)

- NPC unique daily routine and AI (https://www.tweaktown.com/news/7304...cs-will-have-unique-daily-routines/index.html)

- Quest decisions will have relevance in the world (https://onlysp.escapistmagazine.com/cyberpunk-2077-changes/)

- Meaningful day and night cycle (right now it's just cosmetic and doesn't impact the gameplay): Exploring Cyberpunk's Night City with CD Projekt Red - Cyberpunk 2077 - Gamereactor

- Incredible character customization during creation / in-game (https://gamecrate.com/cyberpunk-2077-boxing-power-weapons-militech-spider-robot-and-more/23426 and https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/cyberpunk-2077-character-creation/)

- Use of drones for more than just some missions in the game (https://gamecrate.com/cyberpunk-2077-boxing-power-weapons-militech-spider-robot-and-more/23426)

- three different lifepaths and more that would actually have more impact than what we are getting now (Wall running and metro system are not the biggest thing to be cut out from the game. Its the plot : cyberpunkgame (reddit.com)

- to add on the previous point, lifepaths leading to non-linear quest design (https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2019/09/12/cyberpunk-2077-lifepath-system/)

- Nanowire and gorilla arms have a lot of different uses that are still in the description of the item (https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1153684171606450178?s=09).

- Runs very well on last gen consoles (source NOT needed)

- The game will launch when it's ready (source NOT needed)

- Variety of braindances instead of it being just few cutscenes (can't find reference, please link)(so far videos like this https://youtu.be/ToWfeUEAeeQ?t=1167 point that braindance is a cool mechanic but they never said we'd be able to purchase and use the braindances on our devices and all. I don't feel this is a broken promise, rather an aspect of the game that we would love to have had implemented).

- Challenging weather system that would pose a threat to your survival (https://www.windowscentral.com/cybe...ain-and-other-deadly-environmental-challenges)

- At time of writing I haven't finished the game. However sources say there are very very few options for ONS and/or deep romances (this article summarizes what was expected https://www.ginx.tv/en/cyberpunk-2077/cyberpunk-2077-everything-about-relationships-romance-and-sex)

Features that were initially promised but later they announced to have been removed:

- Properties purchase and customization options (https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/9bu0d5/purchasable_apartments_confirmed/)

- Transportation system (Promised but then removed https://www.gamepressure.com/newsroom/cyberpunk-2077-wont-show-subway-travel/z41f9d)

- Scaling walls (https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-wall-running-mantis-blades-cut)

- Vehicle customization (https://www.altchar.com/game-news/cyberpunk-2077-wont-have-vehicle-customisation-aonab8e3yY6b)

Thank you for putting down this list, man. While I think it's important to see and enjoy the game for what it is, rather than for what it didn't turn out to be, I seriously hope they integrate at least some of these features. To me, the most striking thing is not being able to customise beard/hair/skin at any point after you've created your character. NPCs patterns could use some refining too.

P.S.: why can't I drink my jackie wells at the afterlife? :(

Last edited:
They can't, not anymore. Shareholders don't care if the game doesn't meet CDPR standards, they only care about money so they pushed for deadlines to make a profit and then vanished into oblivion, leaving CDPR alone to handle the backlash

Problem is the game doesn't meet a lot of standards. There's no way this game should have gotten through Microsoft and Sony submission in the state the game is on those consoles.

If the game failed submission like it should have, then it would have forced a delay on consoles. CDPR could still do a PC only launch for now, but I kinda doubt they would have done that.

Failing submission like it should have, would have forced a delay on all platforms, which would have given the devs a lot more time, and possibly avoided this whole situation.

Microsoft and Sony dropped the ball, and they are partly to blame. Also Microsoft and Sony don't care what CDPR shareholders say. CDPR shareholders want the game to launch, Microsoft and Sony say no. CDPR Shareholders have nothing to say. They can't make Microsoft and Sony do anything.

Problem is the game doesn't meet a lot of standards. There's no way this game should have gotten through Microsoft and Sony submission in the state the game is on those consoles.

If the game failed submission like it should have, then it would have forced a delay on consoles. CDPR could still do a PC only launch for now, but I kinda doubt they would have done that.

Failing submission like it should have, would have forced a delay on all platforms, which would have given the devs a lot more time, and possibly avoided this whole situation.

Microsoft and Sony dropped the ball, and they are partly to blame. Also Microsoft and Sony don't care what CDPR shareholders say. CDPR shareholders want the game to launch, Microsoft and Sony say no. CDPR Shareholders have nothing to say. They can't make Microsoft and Sony do anything.
Microsoft and Sony are still multi billions corporations at the end of the day, they knew how many people preordered the game and probably didn't want to lose any money

To be fair, there're not that many first person RPGs out there, one direct competitor would be the fallout 4 but FO had an entirely different combat system built around VATS which is much slower paced .

this game's combat is more like a FPS , not just 6 hours of carefully scripted bang and whistles but 60+ hrs of open world, so it's a very challenging and bold move to even try packing enough detail and tight, engaging story telling into that many hours of gameplay.

because when you see a fast paced first person game with guns, you'd immediately compare it against other fast FPS games such as COD. But cod only had 7 hours of story to tell, they can handpick the perfect environment for each scripted battle , this is simply not feasible in this game....
COD however is linear and linear only. This opens up endless possibilities for detail. 7-8 hours of phenominal gameplay is absolutely possible if it is linear. Open world leaves so many areas doors to go through to fix and polish the game to perfection. TW3 is not perfect but mighty damn close, we know CDPR can do it, they did it before. How can the shot be so far off this time?

COD however is linear and linear only. This opens up endless possibilities for detail. 7-8 hours of phenominal gameplay is absolutely possible if it is linear. Open world leaves so many areas doors to go through to fix and polish the game to perfection. TW3 is not perfect but mighty damn close, we know CDPR can do it, they did it before. How can the shot be so far off this time?
Shifting development focus, my best guess... from open world RPG to semi-linear action adventure.

They didn't lie about anything, they just needed time and they realised they wouldn't be able to implement many things when the game was delayed for the first time. They probably thought about delaying the game indefinitely but unfortunately couldn't because of shareholders, now we can only hope they will fix everything and enhance the game
How is it not lying. If they would adress the cuts I wouldnt say they are lying, but they really went balls to the wall with those features. And the balls didnt surpass the wall and we were left waiting.

How is it not lying. If they would adress the cuts I wouldnt say they are lying, but they really went balls to the wall with those features. And the balls didnt surpass the wall and we were left waiting.
I agree but what could they say ?
Uh, so yeah we cut many features from the game because we need a lot more time to implement them and we can't delay the game anymore because of shareholders, have fun !

I'm going to post a bit of an unpopular opinion...

Everything in that 2018 demo was "subject to change", and any demands of "make THAT the game" will likely fall on deaf ears. Specifically things get left on the cutting board all the time on big projects, so the fact that features are missing (in a general sense) shouldn't be surprising. Don't get me wrong - I would LOVE to get the game devs might have originally wanted to make, but there are expectations and realistic expectations. If this is a thread meant to purely bash CDRP - sure, go with the former. If not, then the latter is far more constructive.

However, we don't have to look back to see statements from CDPR that didn't age well. I dare say that listing anything from official marketing materials from 2020 might be a lot more fair, and not delivering on THAT... well...

Also, I'd aim for a prioritized list, not just a generic one. Like, there are features that are nice-to-haves that could make the game stellar... but otherwise aren't really needed. Personally I'd list it something along the lines of: bugs & performance > obvious immersion breakers (AI, police) > believable city (AI, interactivity) > anything else. I'd put "story" right after bugs, too, but I'm honestly not sure if there's any changing THAT aspect of the game at this point; like, I really wouldn't expect a branching narrative tailored to life paths to be added post release since the story is set and the assets have been made and recorded.
Don't advertise what you can't deliver.

I agree but what could they say ?
Uh, so yeah we cut many features from the game because we need a lot more time to implement them and we can't delay the game anymore because of shareholders, have fun !

From the inverstors call 14th december:
"I wouldn’t say that we felt any external or internal pressure to launch on the date – other than the normal pressure, which is typical for any release. So that was not the cause."

The worst thing for me is metro. I really like transport in open world games and this missing is so sad for me. Hope they'll give metro for us later. And I like how Night City looks but I don't feel that it's real. And sometimes when I'm parkouring I see stairs that I can't use(

Shareholders pushing a release is shooting themselves in the foot. They know what was expected in the game, had a releaseplan, followed up on the plan and saw what existed. If CDPR warns them saying "This is impossible, we need more time and the game that was promised will be released." Shareholders know the company most likely better then themselves because they Invest shit ton of money in them. They would know money will flow when full version release arrives.

From the inverstors call 14th december:
"I wouldn’t say that we felt any external or internal pressure to launch on the date – other than the normal pressure, which is typical for any release. So that was not the cause."
Their stockmarket went down by 40% in a few days, they are obviously not gonna blame the shareholders ahah. If the game is like this today it's also because of poor management, but them saying this would be like shooting yourself in the foot

this game is unrecoverable unfortunately ..
it would take another 2 years of development ..
Currently any game (similar to CP2077) released in previous years (even early 2000s) is better than Cyberpunk, where even casual gamers may notice that something is wrong.

Too many are the promised and never developed functions, too many are the shortcomings of this game by current standards ..
Marketing campaign that announced features and game complexity just to lure as many people into the trap as possible.

Over the years there have been several games that have had problems (triple A), but honestly, a crap like Cyberprank 2077 I've never seen. Half game is missing practically and no, I will not start the list of missing things as it has already been done (here and on reddit).

What I want to say to CD Projekt Red is this:
in the current situation in which you have entered there is no way out,
you deserve a class action of gigantic proportions for all the misrepresentations you have made. This must be an example for you and for all those SH who do marketing over the conditions of the game.

Personally, I feel scammed, many have named this game as CyberScam 2077 for very good reasons.

You have two options (CDPR):
1) continue the development (I mean development .. not bugs fixes) of cyberpunk 2077 without an expiration date and make CP2077 what it should have been and recover (in part) the reputation you have lost.

2) announce The Witcher 4 and abandon CP 2077 to its fate and not regain the reputation you have lost.

In both cases you have lost my (unconditional) trust regardless of your choices.

so good luck in the future ... you will need a lot.

Shareholders pushing a release is shooting themselves in the foot. They know what was expected in the game, had a releaseplan, followed up on the plan and saw what existed. If CDPR warns them saying "This is impossible, we need more time and the game that was promised will be released." Shareholders know the company most likely better then themselves because they Invest shit ton of money in them. They would know money will flow when full version release arrives.
I don't think it's true, many shareholders probably don't even know a thing or care about video games. They saw how successful TW3 was so they bought some stocks. It's the same thing with movies, music and so on (it's different but you understand what I mean)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom