Mentioned but missing features list

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping that Jason Schreier writes a long article about what happened like he did for Anthem. I get the feeling it's the same story, no direction, wasted time, bullshit magic marketing to sell a product that has no hope of coming close to the promises. I feel bad for the devs who worked on it. Must feel shitty to have to work such long hours just to have everyone hate it and it's not your fault.

Everything about this game screams Anthem to me. The delays, obvious bugs visible immediately on starting a new game, gameplay and interviews not matching up with the actual content in almost every aspect. Will be interesting to read why it failed.

I'm hoping that Jason Schreier writes a long article about what happened like he did for Anthem. I get the feeling it's the same story, no direction, wasted time, bullshit magic marketing to sell a product that has no hope of coming close to the promises. I feel bad for the devs who worked on it. Must feel shitty to have to work such long hours just to have everyone hate it and it's not your fault.

Everything about this game screams Anthem to me. The delays, obvious bugs visible immediately on starting a new game, gameplay and interviews not matching up with the actual content in almost every aspect. Will be interesting to read why it failed.

I will admit i wasnt a fan of him and felt he was being critical on the "Crunch" side of things but after reading the message from a CDPR employee on this forum from another member it seems he wasnt far from the truth at all, and now, im honestly hoping he does what youve said too

We are not talking about things that were mentioned as possible features nine years ago, we are talking about stuff that was supposed to be in the game right up until the actual release. Stuff that was used to advertise the game during the last 12-18 months, in trailers, in interviews etc..
I don't need to know anything about software development to know that gutting a game like this is inexcusable.
Honestly, because people will defend ANYTHING devs do we have the gaming industry we have today.
To release games in a state like this, to promise tons of features and then cut them, those used to be singular up until a 10-15 years ago, now it has become the standard.

Unless you have invested your money into the game beforehand, there is no reason that you can feel entitled to these promises. You basically lost nothing by not purchasing it and ignoring it. That the release didn't meet YOUR expectation is entirely your own merit.

Should they not have over-promised? Yes, maybe.
Should they release a (mostly) bug/crash-free game? Yes, certainly.
Is it their fault that people felt angry that it didn't match their expectation? No, not really.

Decades of many similar instances should've taught you as a consumer better (hello, No Man's Sky).

No actual reflections of V on surfaces and mirrors (probably due technical limitations).

Mirrors that you can use infront of sinks actually crashed my game more times than anything else;

Mirrors in videogames in general are a very tough thing to do because of the way 3d engines work. I won't bore you with technical details but I'll just say there's a reason they aren't common, and/or are made using hacks (eg. in san andreas they had a mirror in a wardrobe where they literally re-created the level on the other side of the 'mirror' and created a dummy NPC on the other side that looks just like the player, separated by invisible wall that was the mirror).

Boss fight with Royce in one of the early main missions.

It actually still exists if you give them the spiked credit chip instead of knocking him out / hacking it first. Not sure if it's been downgraded though.

Agreed with all the rest though.

The lack of vehicle customization is just bizarre given how much emphasis there was on vehicles in the marketing and gameplay. It's not like it's even that hard to do... A few basic options to change colors, decals, and maybe mesh swap a few ornaments would be easy to do. I could literally prototype that in UE4 in a day or two and having a pretty system with basic options in a couple weeks. I highly suspect they DO have a system like that in the wings are just holding back a wealth of features for the sake of performance or just couldn't polish it in time... or maybe they think holding the feature ransom for DLC is a good play. I'm curious if we'll see some of these features land in the next few months.

I honestly think they spent the last 8 years designing the city which has blown me away.
The detail is unbelievable and I love walking into places and seeing the respective gang members hanging around.

The city is incredible. The game is worth the price just to be able to walk or drive around the city. I wish I could a taxi just to drive randomly around the roads without destination. It's the one thing they absolutely nailed. It's a shame that the rest of the game feels so shallow, but I can see the skeleton of something great there.

I'd still been trying to find a way to use my nanowire to hack people like in the gameplay vids until finding this thread...

I think they before the carry on with story DLC they need like a Cyberpunk 2.0 free dlc where they add stuff back in. Start by patching in the more simple stuff with a lot of bang for it's buck with playersexual romances and merged male/female character creator like with Andromeda, then get to implementing the more difficult stuff. I'd especially like to see unique NPC routines, more random events around the city (like trauma teams flying in etc) purchasable apartments (or at least let us customise the default...) and more unique hacking opportunities in hostile areas. As someone above said. there's a skeleton of a great game here, but it needs work.

I don't want to sound like a perverted person but The Witcher 3 had like 10 times more nudity. Random story related cutscenes had it too. Not to mention sex scenes etc.
In Cyberpunk even sex workers doesn't look attractive. Cargo pants, military shoes and biker helmet...

Wilson is more attractive than some of the dolls.
I mean... Wilson is hot, though ;)

Yeah Pretty sad to see so many features even basic ones missing, but hopefully CDPR gets to it ASAP after fixing Optimization I guess. Here is my List of Problems, Add your own if you want in this post.

NOTE: MIGHT CONTAIN SPOILERS!

I love the game! Thank you so much for a great game CDPR! However, these are my concerns and suggestions about the game although I am satisfied with how Nudity is right now, It is included as it is very high in demand. Hope they are fixed or added. Just because I am stating these does not mean that there are no aspects of the game I love. There are many in fact.

These are a list of features I have noticed and in my opinion need some working to do upon or to be added as was either promised or expected by me. If anyone can add on any features to the thread I will do my best to compile them into this one.
It is important that these suggestions go to the CDPR team and needs to be in a concise location so they can easily access and work upon or even take notice. Let me start.

Optimization is Obviously a huge concern and I know it has been stated enough so I have omitted most aspects of it.

Features I would like to be added or improved upon

Character Customization
  • You can never have TOO MUCH of character creation. Need more CDPR, Give us body height, weight, shape, hairstyles, eyes, face shapes etc.
  • More Clothes and styling. Night City was advertised was a City where your looks are the most important and how it mattered to every choice you make.
  • Where are all the Saloons/ Cosmetic Surgeons or Ripperdocs/ Nail and Hairdressers? In game character customization is close to zero.
  • A way to preview clothes before you buy them from shops! I'm not asking to copy the GTA mechanic of buying clothes but perhaps a thought to be considered? Maybe like an interactive dressing room. The way we buy clothes right now is so Basic and games have been implementing it since a decade like Skyrim.
  • Hide Clothing option for people who want the stats on the clothing but don't want the clothes to show, especially with hats and facewear.
  • Transmog : Changing clothes style with different stats. Or even upgrading their stats without changing the look and vice versa. This is a must in 2020 rpg gaming imo.
  • Ability to Dye Clothes and change colors.
  • Cyberware mod or just a flashlight to see better in darker areas! I change gamma way too often.
  • A well thought out system for combat and looks going hand in hand for reference is below

AI
  • This is probably the most disappointing aspect of the game for most who wanted immersion. The AI is no where up to par in my opinions. Probably needs a huge overhaul.
  • Police AI is hideous, they just spawn on the player.​
  • Traffic AI is not very immersive. Honking cars seems to work like its supposed to but its too basic. The cars just get stuck by themselves and do nothing but just stay on the street.​
  • I really thought NPC AI would come to me and call me a "Joytoy" or "Sl*t" if I walked around naked. But that does not seem to be the case, at least that's what I gathered from the advertising, I could have misunderstood, still a cool feature maybe. These kind of AI interactions make it "next gen gaming".
  • The more I play the game, the more I find the AI dumber. In the starting I saw the same NPC probably twice. But now 50 hours in, I have seen instances where two exact copies of NPC are beside each other with synced actions.

Shops and Bars : More interactive looking and functioning shops.
  • As stated before more shops : Barber shops/ Cosmetics/ Furniture Shops/ Exclusive gun shops like only snipers/pistols/katanas type.
  • Also I noticed, MOST of the cool looking shops are closed lol, as in non interactable, please open them.
  • If I could actually Interact with the Bartender and have a Drink cinematic scene instead of just buying from the store and getting it into my inventory. Maybe have a dialogue with the bartender etc.
  • Same as the Last Point but with Restaurants, Shops, Bars, etc would be nice.
  • Ripperdocs : Installing Cyberware and Cybernetic parts is so underwhelming. The first scene is very immersive with Viktor, but then its so damn flat. Need at least an explanatory dialogue about the implant and or a conversation with the ripperdoc before getting the implant to ease into it. You can not just make it buy and install like any other market mechanic and expect it to be immersive or satisfying.

Home
Better Home Interaction! I might be saying some points which might already have been implemented here and maybe I just haven't discovered during my play.
  • A way to Add furniture.
  • Expansion of house.
  • More home services like adding a selling machine, Teleport station, Cybernetic upgrades, Mini Bar, etc.
  • Vehicle Garage?
  • Pets! They don't need to be of living kind, they can be Mecha bots or something similar.

Romance : More Romance Options. All Gender compatibility. NPC Romance.
  • Too little options as of now. Enough Said.

Public and Private Transport
  • Metro System.
  • AV / Basilisk (flying car) system for transport would be cool.
  • Cars feel like they have no gravity or downward force. No heaviness leading to janky driving feel.
  • Adjustable Seat Height In first person PLEASE! I love driving in first person for the immersion but in some cars I can not even see what's in front of the car in first person.
  • This might be a bit too much to ask for in the early stages but flying vehicles (AVs) which we can control like how we can control a car for sure.
  • Better Driving physics, the drifting of a car seems very janky to me.
  • Expensive vehicles should be better in at least some aspect i.e. Looks / Performance Stats etc.

Nudity
  • Censorship of the genitals should be removed. The boxers should be gone even when in FPP view or looking in the mirror or taking a shower. At least in home instance.

Miscellaneous and Bugs
  • FOV changes automatically sometimes.
  • Countering Strong attacks or "Defensive attacks" audio is very rough and glitched.
  • Pinging (Ping quickhack) in some areas generates too many particles and crashes the game and even many computers. //Update this with the location//
  • You can not run after a quick combo in combat and are stuck with walking until you restart the game or do a "Joytoy scene".
  • Do not Disturb mode and Decline Calls and Messages in game.
  • General feet going through ground and glitching out. Enemies dying and getting stuck in objects. Running over NPCS can sometimes can cause them to be stuck in you and throw the car in different directions and screw up the physics, etc.
  • Add an Interface for selecting different load games; a Character Selection Screen. I am playing 3 different lifepaths without wanting to delete any character and every time I have to go to the load game menu and squint my eyes to find where "Nomad" "Corpo" or "Street Kid" are written. Why not have a Character selection screen which acts the same as Load game screen.
  • Fix the speed acceleration or friction on game objects such as fences, rails, side paths, barbed wire etc. Jumping and running on them accelerated me to unbelievable amount of speeds.
  • Bunny Hops or constant jumping while doing a combination of aiming your gun and scanning with TAB are broken. You travel faster than a jet.
  • Double tap of WSAD to dodge should be remapped for default settings.
  • Pressing C to skip dialogues and C to crouch is very irritating, so this should be switched to default too.
  • Ability to Decline Calls which are not related to story progressions. These calls tend to completely disrupt the current activity especially when my character is already in a dialogue sequence.
  • Weapons Inventory UI is very bad, there is a better mockup here by the user @Pythonx7 which I have attached below to the forum post. Also fix the bugs which refresh the page on disassembly of guns.

These are the prime concerns and suggestions at the top of my head. Again, these are all features which should be added in my opinion, and from the general observable majority of the players. But If Night City is going to be the City of Next Gen Gaming, then these are fair suggestions imo.

PS: I tried my best trying to edit and beautify the post. Sorry if I did a bad job with it, first post. Tell me what I can edit and improve and I WILL do ASAP!.

I hope cdpr read this post and took notes.
I still trust them that they will deliver .

I do too, I think we need to compile a list with suggestions to solve the content gaps, but also give them time we're in the first week of release and bugs and stability fixes are by far the most important right now. So we have a game you can finish without issues or softlocking bugs.

Additional content can wait until the base of the game can perform and function as intended. Thus will be ready to accept new feature or content.

I dont expect this much content to be delivered for free but an expension with some add-ons would be very nice
I understand some of those cut are for gamedesign reason thought, to make it more fun and simple

I just hope they listen to the fans...im tired of this situation and all i hera is cyberpunk,cyberpunk,cyberpunk...
Please cd project red...finish your game...and i agree with everything on the list...about the ai,the code is there and they dont need to redo the game...

Just hop over to the CP2077 YouTube channel and you'll a bunch of videos that aren't aging very well. Once most the bugs and glitches are patched out, that's when the illusion of choice, stripped out content, and hollow game will really begin to shine. We'll see if they can patch all of that.

Decisions that matter, have an impact on you and Night City. The only branching storyline is at the very end and then you don't get to experience the outcome cause the game is done.

The game is not ready, in time, it is a Galaxy far from any idea of 'ready' (finished). And what is said, since 2012, is that everything in Cyber would have impacts ... it has none, in fact. I still expect greater participation from the CD community leaders in this forum, something that seems to be difficult, I also don't know the reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom