Mentioned but missing features list

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
My disappointment in this title is truly immeasurable. Am I being unreasonable to want something closer / equal / slight above the bar that was set with the Witcher 3 after 8 years of development time? Instead we have been given a world which feels like a tech demo. There is no life, no one lives in Night City - they just exist there.

Another thing that was incomplete are the arcade games. CDPR put in a lot of detail in those arcade games like that Roach easter egg, yet we couldn't play them

"Cyberpunk 2077’s Lifepaths May Make You Want to Replay the Game Multiple Times"
That articles title really aged like milk considering lifepaths are shorter than a gunfight.

Really all just makes me feel like they were panic cutting things out of the game with a hacksaw and hatchet because few things worked in their entirety and the game needed to be released a month ago.

Well they certainly weren't spending their time "polishing" a gone gold game. This does come down to poor project management. We have missing textures such as Tarot cards when seeing misty, Weapons leaving blank spots, items in your inventory blank. When "crafting" you cannot even see a preview of what you craft much less the Individual breakdown of the weapon parts. When you purchase or find a crafting schematic you can repurchase it wasting more money. There is no utility to that, and it's not something you'd assume and given how difficult it is to gain money in night city that sort of thing shouldn't happen, and since I'm harping on crafting. Johnny's clothing requires an insane amount of crafting components to create. His threads aren't particularly awe inspiring or special and it's not like they're the ultimate armor set so the cost is simply ridiculous. You'd only craft or upgrade them if you're a bit of a completionist. So much was left undone.

As an RPG Red Dead Redemption 2 is sadly the far superior game. On many levels from the walk-in theater where you see an actual performance, something I expected of CP2077, to the games of poker and dominoes. Which reminds me they said there'd be a game in CP2077 that wouldn't be gwent, but would be as big as gwent. If it exists I have not found it and i've spent a great many hours scouring the world completing quest. RDR2 had a world that felt alive and for a game that promised to raise the bar setting a new standard for RPG I expected it to at least meet the standard set by RDR 2. Yes CP2077 is a good game, but I have felt more from Yakuza like a dragon, Dragon age, Mass Effect Trilogy, The Witcher 3, Kingdome Come Deliverance, and Red Dead Redemption 2 than I have from CP2077. This world has not grabbed me in the memorable way that these other RPGs have some of them pretty freakin' old in game terms these days. It's not only incomplete, but the world feels like it has the bear minimum of story to put it above simply being a run and gun game. In RDR 2 I would literally wonder the world and people watch as people had interesting lives they were living. The place simply did feel alive.
Well that's it for todays rant.

As an RPG Red Dead Redemption 2 is sadly the far superior game. On many levels from the walk-in theater where you see an actual performance, something I expected of CP2077, to the games of poker and dominoes. Which reminds me they said there'd be a game in CP2077 that wouldn't be gwent, but would be as big as gwent. If it exists I have not found it and i've spent a great many hours scouring the world completing quest. RDR2 had a world that felt alive and for a game that promised to raise the bar setting a new standard for RPG I expected it to at least meet the standard set by RDR 2. Yes CP2077 is a good game, but I have felt more from Yakuza like a dragon, Dragon age, Mass Effect Trilogy, The Witcher 3, Kingdome Come Deliverance, and Red Dead Redemption 2 than I have from CP2077. This world has not grabbed me in the memorable way that these other RPGs have some of them pretty freakin' old in game terms these days. It's not only incomplete, but the world feels like it has the bear minimum of story to put it above simply being a run and gun game. In RDR 2 I would literally wonder the world and people watch as people had interesting lives they were living. The place simply did feel alive.
Well that's it for todays rant.
Funny thing, RDR2 is not even a RPG. It has some RPG features but it is a extremely linear story in a open world with a lot of side quests and missions. But you dont have any real choices in it during the story that actually effects it. But yes they should have taken inspiration from the living world of RDR2 to create a better more immersive game.

Also on their homepage so can you see that they write "Cyberpunk 2077 is an open-world, action-adventure story set in Night City, ...and explore a vast city where the choices you make shape the story and the world around you. " So no RPG mentioning, but it was there before since when you google search cyberpunk 2077 so does this text come up from the official page: a storydriven, open world RPG of the dark future from CD PROJEKT RED, creators of The Witcher series of games.
But what you also have is that the choices should shape the story and the world around you. I havent really seen anything in the choices I have made, or that I have made any really, that have changed the world.

Seems 80% of what made the game appear awesome has been CUT
Couldn't say it better myself.
The worst post is that *I HYPED* at least 3 friends into buying this. They kept saying to me "so you really think the game will be that good? Just look at these other games that suck." And *I* defended cd project!

God I feel like such a damn fool, I got played and stood up on my date, and feel like a fool.

Sorry to the hard working, honest people at cd project, but I will from now on not speak highly of them any more.

After 30 years of games, I'm done. I'm just done being lied to. Done.

I love records, because you get what you get. No BS

I don't even know what to say anymore.

Last edited:
You forgot to add:

FULL NUDITY

*applause and a standing ovation* - This all the way. :sad:
Post automatically merged:

The first time i went to the "sex district" I saw a male stripper dancing behind a glass...

...dressed like a bloody businessman!!!

At first i laught but right after i was just disapponted...

Jeah this kills immersion nearly immediately when you think about a red light district in the future. Don't want to live in night city when it's like this xD

Couldn't say it better myself.
The worst post is that *I HYPED* at least 3 friends into buying this. They kept saying to me "so you really think the have will be that good? Just look at these other games that suck." And *I* defended cd project!

God I feel like such a damn fool, I got played and stood up on my date, and feel like a fool.

Sorry to the hard working, honest people at cd project, but I will from now on not speak highly of them any more.

After 30 years of games, I'm done. I'm just done being lied to. Done.

I love records, because you get what you get. No BS

I don't even know what to say anymore.
I feel the same way! Been taking to so many people about how hyped I am only to find that it was all a lie.
Just a well rendered dream.

This is a long answer, so if you want a TLDR, here it is: Me, a CP2020 fan mourns about the features that should be because they exist in the books/other rpgs.
I have to step in, there are very valid points in this thread, devs must read it.

First of all let me say that i'm currently playing the game, taking my time, exploring everything. and haven't finished it yet.
Most people have been waiting for this game for 8 years, a lot of people have been waiting for it since 89. I've been wishing for a cyberpunk game since 1992 when I got the main CP2020 book.

My friends have a blast with crappy open world like the ones from Bethesda, and I always tell them the same "Want to see a well done open-world game, where the sidequests matter and mean something? Play the Witcher 3" I always considered it to be excellent. But I would agree that due to its setting, had fewer side activities than other open worlds.

When the initial Cyberpunk 2013 concept came out (The pre-rendered Max-Tac trailer) i hope we were going to see the Night City from the books (That it always looked to me more New York-ish than Los Angeles-ish) then changes started to happen during development.

First it was going to have online features, then don't, ok, no biggie, Witcher 3 didn't need them and it was amazing.
The director of the game changed mid-development, rumours said they pulled back a lot of what they have thought and made, don't know if it's true, but it would explain a lot of things. Including why it took 8 years for this.
Then they showed the game, and there it was, Night City....which it looked hella lot like a futuristic Los Santos, but fear not! It's CDPR, they always excel on what they do. And c'mon it's Night City! I wanted to play a netrunner or a media. But instead, we got V...which can only be a punk with some limited hacking skills and totally oriented to combat.
"Oh, ok, it's fine, the story will be cool and the immersion in the Net will be mindblowing still" - I thought "And there are drones!"

Then they started to promise a lot of cool features, people got angry about other stuff (like being able to choose your genitalia or the pronoun the rest of the characters refer to V, or the infamous "oh no, there is a trans person in that Evil-company-soda-commercial!, That means CDPR is making fun of trans people!"). I was just thinking that the game looked incredible, the trailers were amazing, and hoping that CDPR didn't listen to critics and kept the world faithful to the source material (Not being disrespectful, it's just that CP2020 world is an evil dystopia that isn't polite nor respectful if it isn't profitable)

At this point, I was trying not to get hyped, but I started re-reading my CP books. And oh boy, the memories with friends, the famous npcs...

Months passed, I upgraded my pc with an RTX 3080.
The game came out.

What was supposed to be an RPG is just a shooter. All skills are for combat, there are stores where you can ONLY buy junk (the sex shop, f.ex it offers BDs but you can't use them nor watch them) the hacking isn't that full-body immersion in the net like in the books (except in that point of the story) just a hex...boring...puzzle?
No vehicle customization (Also no flying vehicles, in the pnp game mostly everyone used one). No weapon customization. The Interface is basic and not comfortable to use. There are no simple things like a walk toggle. Or if you were in stealth when a conversation jumps in you can't get up.

No immersive NPCs, they just are...there. The world isn't interactable, the bands are there but they don't hate you or know you in the slightest. You can't join them, befriend them or go on war after a faction because factions do not exist. You can't fight Arasaka by asking for help to a rival corpo, f.ex. Trauma Team is just a prop, a decoration for the world, they don't show up to pick a client you just flatlined (nor you can hire their services) They just appear in the Sandra Dorsett quest like everything else from CP2020: doing a cameo.

The main story is cool (especially if you are a CP2020 fan) but where are those fantastic sidequests from TW3? Why all we have is some text from a fixer or the cops to "kill random NPCs", "enter x or y place and pick a or b item and drop it in w or z spot". How bad do you have to do it for making Bethesda (FUCKING BETHESDA) to look better than you? Those guys are repeating the same formula for over a decade, saying the same lies, and selling us over and over the same game with the same bugs with different setting and better graphics.

This is a looter-shooter, and not a very good one, instead of the great RPG we were promised. Patches will fix the insane amount of bugs and the terrible performance, yes. But what about the game itself?
People will be happy with a tattoo parlor, a hairdresser and 3rd person camera? That's all it would take?
I don't think so. This game needed another year (or two) for development not to polish it, to add all that's missing, to rework the game from the ground up and turning into a proper RPG. Where are the net immersions? Where are the other corpos? (Because Militech people shows up in the prologue missions but after that? It's just the only corporation is Arasaka, and Kang Tao at some brief moment) Why the cyberware doesn't mean crap? No humanity loss = no tough choice about cyberware, no reason for not being fully chromed.
Also no bio-ware (same as cyberware, half the humanity loss, organic in nature thanks to DNA editing but more expensive. It was in the books, people bought fish gills or weird crap like that)

Also, spanish localization is an absolute cringe clusterfuck. with quest titles named after spanish 80s songs (Johnny Cash changed for Alaska, if you dont know who she is, dont youtube it, your sanity will appreciate it) or a lot of characters, specially two characters that speak perfect english with NO spanish latin american expressions suddenly in spanish are full mexican (Judy and Panam. I get that Judy is latina because of her surname, but she speaks with no accent nor latin expressions in english. Why does she speaks like a soap opera actress in spanish?) and their dialogs are full of "pinche","chingada", etc that aren't in the original. (Like Jackie and his mother, character that do speak with hispanic expressions in the original and that has been respected in the translation) This got to the point of finding an asian police officer that talked like this.

I don't know if the change of director was true, or who called the shots in...well, everything that is wrong with this game. I just hope that that person gets fired knowing that they sank what could have been the biggest, fullest, and greatest RPG of this generation.

My question, to the community and to the devs is...will we have the "No man's sky" treatment here? A series of really big patches (more like free expansions) that add everything that was promised and turn a disastrous launch into a successful game? Can it be?

I wish. With all my heart.
Sorry about the long post. Got a lot to take off my chest.

Amazing post.

I trully believe people should expect nothing less than the Deus Ex Human Revolution + Witcher 3 + GTA V bare minimum. So GTA V fully patched open world interaction and open world NPC AI plus Witcher 3 fully patched polish, RPG elements and writing / questing / combat quality plus cyberpunk anti censorship, setting, gore, and overall actitude. That is what everyone should expect from Cyberpunk 2077 bare minimum, and is basically what all the hype was about and what was advertised. I love the setting, I love the tabletop game, I don't blame developers, I blame lack of leadership, game should have been delayed another year or so. Really nothing new here, it's just basically what they have advertised and hyped to begin with and really no crazy expectations or fan created hype.

WE NEED CARS UPGRADE, GOG DAMN!

You forgot to add:

FULL NUDITY
Already fixed by mods :p

Amazing post.

I trully believe people should expect nothing less than the Deus Ex Human Revolution + Witcher 3 + GTA V bare minimum. So GTA V fully patched open world interaction and open world NPC AI plus Witcher 3 fully patched polish, RPG elements and writing / questing / combat quality plus cyberpunk anti censorship, setting, gore, and overall actitude. That is what everyone should expect from Cyberpunk 2077 bare minimum, and is basically what all the hype was about and what was advertised. I love the setting, I love the tabletop game, I don't blame developers, I blame lack of leadership, game should have been delayed another year or so. Really nothing new here, it's just basically what they have advertised and hyped to begin with and really no crazy expectations or fan created hype.
another year of patches and it will be done, i hope :eek:

This is a long answer, so if you want a TLDR, here it is: Me, a CP2020 fan mourns about the features that should be because they exist in the books/other rpgs.
I have to step in, there are very valid points in this thread, devs must read it.

First of all let me say that i'm currently playing the game, taking my time, exploring everything. and haven't finished it yet.
Most people have been waiting for this game for 8 years, a lot of people have been waiting for it since 89. I've been wishing for a cyberpunk game since 1992 when I got the main CP2020 book.

My friends have a blast with crappy open world like the ones from Bethesda, and I always tell them the same "Want to see a well done open-world game, where the sidequests matter and mean something? Play the Witcher 3" I always considered it to be excellent. But I would agree that due to its setting, had fewer side activities than other open worlds.

When the initial Cyberpunk 2013 concept came out (The pre-rendered Max-Tac trailer) i hope we were going to see the Night City from the books (That it always looked to me more New York-ish than Los Angeles-ish) then changes started to happen during development.

First it was going to have online features, then don't, ok, no biggie, Witcher 3 didn't need them and it was amazing.
The director of the game changed mid-development, rumours said they pulled back a lot of what they have thought and made, don't know if it's true, but it would explain a lot of things. Including why it took 8 years for this.
Then they showed the game, and there it was, Night City....which it looked hella lot like a futuristic Los Santos, but fear not! It's CDPR, they always excel on what they do. And c'mon it's Night City! I wanted to play a netrunner or a media. But instead, we got V...which can only be a punk with some limited hacking skills and totally oriented to combat.
"Oh, ok, it's fine, the story will be cool and the immersion in the Net will be mindblowing still" - I thought "And there are drones!"

Then they started to promise a lot of cool features, people got angry about other stuff (like being able to choose your genitalia or the pronoun the rest of the characters refer to V, or the infamous "oh no, there is a trans person in that Evil-company-soda-commercial!, That means CDPR is making fun of trans people!"). I was just thinking that the game looked incredible, the trailers were amazing, and hoping that CDPR didn't listen to critics and kept the world faithful to the source material (Not being disrespectful, it's just that CP2020 world is an evil dystopia that isn't polite nor respectful if it isn't profitable)

At this point, I was trying not to get hyped, but I started re-reading my CP books. And oh boy, the memories with friends, the famous npcs...

Months passed, I upgraded my pc with an RTX 3080.
The game came out.

What was supposed to be an RPG is just a shooter. All skills are for combat, there are stores where you can ONLY buy junk (the sex shop, f.ex it offers BDs but you can't use them nor watch them) the hacking isn't that full-body immersion in the net like in the books (except in that point of the story) just a hex...boring...puzzle?
No vehicle customization (Also no flying vehicles, in the pnp game mostly everyone used one). No weapon customization. The Interface is basic and not comfortable to use. There are no simple things like a walk toggle. Or if you were in stealth when a conversation jumps in you can't get up.

No immersive NPCs, they just are...there. The world isn't interactable, the bands are there but they don't hate you or know you in the slightest. You can't join them, befriend them or go on war after a faction because factions do not exist. You can't fight Arasaka by asking for help to a rival corpo, f.ex. Trauma Team is just a prop, a decoration for the world, they don't show up to pick a client you just flatlined (nor you can hire their services) They just appear in the Sandra Dorsett quest like everything else from CP2020: doing a cameo.

The main story is cool (especially if you are a CP2020 fan) but where are those fantastic sidequests from TW3? Why all we have is some text from a fixer or the cops to "kill random NPCs", "enter x or y place and pick a or b item and drop it in w or z spot". How bad do you have to do it for making Bethesda (FUCKING BETHESDA) to look better than you? Those guys are repeating the same formula for over a decade, saying the same lies, and selling us over and over the same game with the same bugs with different setting and better graphics.

This is a looter-shooter, and not a very good one, instead of the great RPG we were promised. Patches will fix the insane amount of bugs and the terrible performance, yes. But what about the game itself?
People will be happy with a tattoo parlor, a hairdresser and 3rd person camera? That's all it would take?
I don't think so. This game needed another year (or two) for development not to polish it, to add all that's missing, to rework the game from the ground up and turning into a proper RPG. Where are the net immersions? Where are the other corpos? (Because Militech people shows up in the prologue missions but after that? It's just the only corporation is Arasaka, and Kang Tao at some brief moment) Why the cyberware doesn't mean crap? No humanity loss = no tough choice about cyberware, no reason for not being fully chromed.
Also no bio-ware (same as cyberware, half the humanity loss, organic in nature thanks to DNA editing but more expensive. It was in the books, people bought fish gills or weird crap like that)

Also, spanish localization is an absolute cringe clusterfuck. with quest titles named after spanish 80s songs (Johnny Cash changed for Alaska, if you dont know who she is, dont youtube it, your sanity will appreciate it) or a lot of characters, specially two characters that speak perfect english with NO spanish latin american expressions suddenly in spanish are full mexican (Judy and Panam. I get that Judy is latina because of her surname, but she speaks with no accent nor latin expressions in english. Why does she speaks like a soap opera actress in spanish?) and their dialogs are full of "pinche","chingada", etc that aren't in the original. (Like Jackie and his mother, character that do speak with hispanic expressions in the original and that has been respected in the translation) This got to the point of finding an asian police officer that talked like this.

I don't know if the change of director was true, or who called the shots in...well, everything that is wrong with this game. I just hope that that person gets fired knowing that they sank what could have been the biggest, fullest, and greatest RPG of this generation.

My question, to the community and to the devs is...will we have the "No man's sky" treatment here? A series of really big patches (more like free expansions) that add everything that was promised and turn a disastrous launch into a successful game? Can it be?

I wish. With all my heart.
Sorry about the long post. Got a lot to take off my chest.
To answer your question as a member of the community. I don't think it could ever get the No man's sky solution. As no man's sky is largely procedurally generated, and adding a little bit here tweaking there tender loving care really helped with that.

And to add to the op.
Whatever happened to the warring corps!? What about choosing sides what about living the corporate life? These are things I expected and was told I would get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom