Mentioned but missing features list

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
And why did you lie about Jackie? Just why? Why did you do this? Do you understand how many hours I spent replaying the prologue? I went through all the options in the dialogues. I searched the entire hotel, rebooted the game over and over. I had all the options selected in the dialogs.
1.Go to the bar
2. go with Jackie
3.No answer the hotel staff
4. Answer all available answer choices
5 call Jacke on the phone many times before a mission
6. Examine every centimeter of Brayndans before the mission to find at least some clue.
Tried to hide from Adam Smasher. Tried to activate the laptop in Saburo Arasaki's helicopter. Tried to find some way to save Jackie. Until the last moment I thought that there was some secret, there was some way.
Just explain to me WHY? What's going on in this video? Is this some kind of joke or something? Why did you do this?
https://cyberpunkgame.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F185545466608

Wow I had not seen that video. Apparently Miles didn't know at some point that Jackie dies...I've said it before and I'll say it again poor project management. There was clearly a significant lack of communication.

Immersive and Interactive shops/ Bars/ Restaurants etc. For instance, if I want to have a drink at a bar, let me sit down and order something! Not just directly buy the same unrelated drinks at every other bar and place it onto my inventory. Maybe let me chat something with the bartender while I have that drink. This is not even the case for the most prominent bars like Afterlife and Lizzie's Bar unless provoked by the story.

Also, some shops seem to sell nothing what they look like. Like there's a shop selling drugs and medicines but the outlook of the shop tells me its a furniture shop.

The clothing shops are AWFUL. Let me preview what I'm wearing maybe in a dressing room or something like how GTA has been doing it for almost a decade now!

The buying system in general is so Basic, you buy something at any shop it just goes to your inventory, no buying dialogue or anything, Skyrim implemented a better one like 10 years back.

Here is a list I compiled, please do comment and like so they can see these issues. Thanks!

I'd be happy with being able to interact with the dozens of market stall NPC's too. Not game breaking by any stretch, but it was disappointing to interact with the first one I saw and getting generic NPC lines from them. Even if it's just a buy/sell screen it would be better than that - they are running a market stall after all, sell me something!

After reading the thread plus how I feel, when it comes down to it, the game is not finished. I want to point out 4 major things that need to happened based off most of the desires on features that was promised, but first let me say this.

There's know reason to ever side with these companies. All of them are entity's that are built to make there bottom line, profit, and to appease the investors, not the consumers. But what's even crazier with CDPR (not counting the awful Ubisoft systemic cover ups) is that they even lied to them. What they did was flat out scam us. It was scummy and they don't deserve our trust, let alone loyalty, they destroyed it. None of this is towards the dev teams. I have know doubt that with proper management, time, and healthy work conditions, this game would have gotten as close as possible to what we wanted. I wish you well. So here's the 4 things.

The Physics:
-They're games that are 7 years older than this with better.
-Basic things like environmental interactions from your weapons, vehicles, environmental destructibility, and water physics.
-Weather systems that can give effect status.
-More with the City and Combat, also drinking and eating at restaurants and bars which leads to...
The Customizations;
-Model clothing previews like in so many other games, tattoos shops, hair shops, mod shops, and yes car customization.
-Something I think is dope is being able to customize Jackie, not the voice. It would make your version of him more yours.
-more love interest
The Combat:
-a lot of this goes back to physics.
-move objects to make cover, a lot of environmental takedowns.
-hacks and trickery that creates chaos.
-things previously included/mentioned.
The A.I.:
-biggest fix needed in game. making them smarter is a given.
- somewhat bigger crowds for next gen.
-Jackie and/or others being with you like a companion, outside of quest, with tons of random dialog & back and forths as you roam around.
-tons of dialog/interactions with npc's that change depending on your car, dress, in shops, bars, affiliates, reputation, attitude, confrontations.
-npc's/cops interactions with each other, conversations, arguments, fights, gangs, random stuff.
-joining a gang, one per playthrough with unique questlines, giving gangs more of a personality.
-joining a cooperate, one per playthrough same thing.
-forming a nomad group.
-random events in world.

Improvements in these areas needs to happened soon, most before the PS5 and XSX release, that's going to be the biggest hurdle since launch insanity. They will need to finesse those versions to look as close to pc graphics mode at locked 30fps, 60fps performance mode, and 60fps middle ground in order to appease folks. And delivering these things to us, not just saying it, is key. I'm rooting for this game to pull a No Man's Sky, but at this time, it needs to be much quicker.

Hope the Devs get the rest they deserve and everything they need moving forward. Especially better management.

This should be sticky. We are promised prelaunch with these features that guarantees the most immersive and deep game ever. Now what we have outside of the main storyline is the worst open world game.
Bizarrely enough some of these stuff were shown in earlier gameplay trailers.

I could not read the whole post but in case some of the below are not there:

We had a trailer like fashion over function in which was shown all the great chrome bodies, different cybernetic looks etc. and none of them are available for the player.

In the vehicles trailer we were told that luxury/hyper cars will take us to places we have never imagined before. I'm still at the city same center with npcs crouching around me...

Lifepaths only effect the first 15 mins. or so. Nothing drastic about them.

Street cred wont let you have anything other than high stat weapon purchases. Or factions have no neural intelligence like if u kill lots of members of X faction they will hunt you down on sight etc. Come on this was in 10 year old games.

CDPR if u re hiding these feature somewhere to polish and publish at some time at least say it sincerely. The issue is not the bugs or glitches or nudity alone. The immersive open world fundamentals that we are promised are not there. None of them.

Oh, don’t forget the 8MB save file restriction—and so far the initial remarks for it is:

• “Don’t play the game so much after beating the main story.”

• “Don't craft so much.”

• “The save file limit might get updated in a future patch.”

Long version, essentially it’s a cop out that CDPR games aren’t meant to be played after the main story is done.

So... what’s the point of having an open world RPG that has the potential to be built upon and a ton of stuff you can do, and yet your save file gets corrupted if you.... do too much in the game? That very same game you’re meant to play?

CDPR really screwed the pooch on this one, and they need to fix it.

Remove the data cap on save files, make the game actually playable, and give us the features and content you actually advertised. Fuck. I’m getting so mad at them the more I hear about this game, I’m gonna start looking at them like I do Bethesda.

Played 153 hours so far and absolutely loved it but I always felt like stuff was missing.

I was sitting down today looking through some of the gameplay and stuff said before the game launched and now I know why I hyped over this game and now I know why I am so extreamly dissapointed.

I would like to direct you to Cyberpunk 2077's YouTube channel and look at the 48 minutes of content shown August 27, 2018. Click Here.
Follow this and you will see what I mean with "cut content."

First see if you find the comment done to move softer through the video. Giannandrea Ferrara made our job 10 times easier.↓

0:06 Nope, never happened. No cutscenes where you can see your own character

1:01 "This is an RPG" Nope....that's a lie, you changed the tag from RPG to Action game

1:01 No key life event and "Why Night City" in the actual game, All characters play the same exact way after the prologue.

1:08 "New possibilities later in the game". Just few extra dialogues that have almost no impact in the game

1:20 "And many, many more". Nope, just add "nails" and "teeth" to the list and that's it (and what's the point of those? You will never actually seen them in game). Character customisation is one the laziest i've seen in an RPG. But hey, you can customize your d***c (type 1 and 2...wow)

1:37 "Near the beginning of the game". Yes, correct...after a timeskip of 6 months with cut contents and absolute 0 context.

1:40 "Along with a netrunner called T-Bug". Yes, the player will hear that name for the first time, but not the characters....they have problably already met her during the 6 month period you are not able to play.

2:44 Nope, not such a thing like context-related stealth takedown. All the knockdowns in the game play the same exact animation.

3:00 Nope. NPC and Enemies don't interact with any props in game

3:40 Nope, not happening. Enemies' AI is not that advanced. This was probably a scripted scene removed from the final game. Jackie never interacted with the actual enviroment

3:45 Nope, not happening.

3:50 Nope, V does not interact with other NPC during combat.

4:14 Just no....Jackie is more a bullet-sponge than anything else.

4:25 Jackie changing weapon grapping a new one from the enemy? Hell no, not happening.

5:44 Options on how to carry on with the mission? Not happening.

7:14 No, V never said that. Again: V doesn't interact in anyway with the world around him/her.

7:46 Nope, elevators often have only 2 possibile destinations: Ground floor and Mission Floor.

7:52 Again, No third person cutscenes

8:05 Hell NO. Not happening. not even the slightiest. This frame is so full of lies I don't even know where to start: no cutscenes about the apartment, No clothes around the house; no Joytoys coming at your house and getting re-dressed after s*x. V doesn't sleep like that on the bed. Ceck the memes about that

8:29 No, that's a lie. You don't interact with people like that.

8:30 Not happening

8:39 Not happening

9:14 NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. All the possible interactions with props are made possibile with the press of 1 key, "F", while aiming at them. No Additional fancy UIs

11:09 No, it doesn't.

11:57 No, elevators don't have that many options...again

12:17 "With no loading screens" Fair enough, but instead of a loading screen they put elevators rides that takes several seconds, during these elevator runs you won't see the outside most of the time.

13:05 "LIES LIES LIES LIES".

13:14 No, that's not true. NPC don't have day-night cycles.

15:17 No, Missions' intels are not that good

20:10 No, vendor's interface is not that good. You will get a UI from early 2000s

22:20 No, not true.

24:20 No, nothing like that in the game

24:31 Driving interface is nothing like that. They downgraded it to a simple HUD element in the corner of the screen.

24:58 "No....only some broken cars and a couple of bikes....nothing else"

25:06 This scene is clearly scripted and the same thing happen in the actual game. In the game it's simply not that epic

25:12 No, not happening

25:16 Seen that car accident? Well....forget anything like that.

25:53 "WHAT?" What does that even mean? Hell no....nothing like that.

23:58 Seen that collision? Forget about that...most of time things will just explode if you get too close of them. Other time that rubbish will be as hard as a wall, stopping your car.

27:13 Yes. You could do that, but it would have no impact on the outcome.

28:34 That's a lie. A big LIE. Player's decision have almost 0 impact on the story and the quests.

37:54 No, not really. There isn't such a thing

38:14 No. There is nothing like this in the game.

38:27 No, they don't.

38:58 No. Only 3. Tech, Strengh and Hacking. All of them are based on a minimum level of that stat to open the way; actual perks and skills in that category doesn't matter.

40:06 No, Enemies won't react in any way to granades or others. They will just stay still and get hit by them.

44:33 No, nothing like that, really.

44:52 No, only 2% of all quests have different paths you can choose from. The specif quest they have shown in this video is the only one in the game with some different choices in it. Nothing dramatic, really.... It's "Ally with Maelstrom and be enemies of the Miltech" or the exact same opposite.... there are 5-6 ways of playing this mission but they all end with 2 possibile final outcomes.
Post automatically merged:

That's a long list and hey... lots, if not all of them have been stated already in multiple threads! Nobody is saying that we won't get all those features along the line either.

Sure... maybe that's just a pipe dream but, you know what they say about hope ;)

That's a long list and hey... lots, if not all of them have been stated already in multiple threads! Nobody is saying that we won't get all those features along the line either.

Sure... maybe that's just a pipe dream but, you know what they say about hope ;)
The sad thing is that this is thier "Finished product". That means they will improve the quality such as bugs, performance etc. Not add more content. The 'content' being added is DLC/Expansions. Those things was not promised for the DLC/Expansions. It was promised for the base game. This game was rushed in the end and content had to be cut to have a somewhat plausable release.

Unrealistic expectations... yea right. :rolleyes: That's the Witcher 3 downgrade debacle on crack AND speed... and CDPR might just get away with it, yet again.
Not quite following, is my expectations to high? In that case this is not expectations, more like given promises.
Post automatically merged:

Not quite following, is my expectations to high? In that case this is not expectations, more like given promises.
Woops sorry. Your comment wasnt fully shown. My bad.

I almost regret visiting this thread. Avoided as much media as possible before the release of this game and it sure does feel like a barebones game upon release. I'm mainly hoping that none of the DLC; free and paid, adds content during the opening sequences because I'm working on a playthrough where I do every accessible side job and NCPD scanner hustle during the first time you're allowed to roam the game.

I really hope they add life to the Night City.

I Feel like everything was so rushed that they have some "work in progress" that have to be cutted to deliver the game in time. But some things look like that was FAR from be ready at some moment, like NPC A.I, police chasing...

And they will not "fix" anytime soon, because they have to use everything they got to make the game playable in last gen consoles.

I almost regret visiting this thread. Avoided as much media as possible before the release of this game and it sure does feel like a barebones game upon release. I'm mainly hoping that none of the DLC; free and paid, adds content during the opening sequences because I'm working on a playthrough where I do every accessible side job and NCPD scanner hustle during the first time you're allowed to roam the game.
I can guarantee no 'content' will be added in atleast 3-4 months from now. Devs have enough todo with the current state of the game already.

I'm just reiterating a tweet from one of the game's developers...
I can guarantee no 'content' will be added in atleast 3-4 months from now. Devs have enough todo with the current state of the game already.
Yea, see, problem is: Some of the stuff that's currently not really working IS due to missing/incomplete content, like proper enemy AI.

another missing feature they mentioned would be implemented (i don't have a source though) was a GTA like custom radio channel where you can play your own music from a specified folder on your PC

1:20 "And many, many more". Nope, just add "nails" and "teeth" to the list and that's it (and what's the point of those? You will never actually seen them in game). Character customisation is one the laziest i've seen in an RPG. But hey, you can customize your d***c (type 1 and 2...wow)
I know this have been talked about a lot. And it's not so much the fact that you can choose this. But it still wonders the hell out of me and think it actually illustrate everything you are saying here perfectly, which is where did it go?

It's sort of like a game allowing you to customize your rocketship, because that is cool. But at no point in the actual game are you going to use it for anything, because it's a game about trains.

I remembered when I saw that trailer and one of my first thoughts were that it was scripted, and pretty sure by now that it was not actual gameplay. But it should be fairly easy to recreate what they are doing in the scene to see if that is how it plays out.

To me that trailer was the vision or their ambitions for the game, but somewhere along the way they must have just kept cutting it, until barely the bone were left, and maybe they cut slightly to deep, because a lot of the bone is gone as well :D

Its difficult to say what qualifies a game as RPG, I honestly don't know what the exact definition or requirement of it is, or the studios just label their game whatever they see fit. Because I would call it a RPG, but as you also mention, I would probably call it an action game/GTA clone first, with a hint of "poor" RPG, when it comes to stats and such. Story, quests, environment music/audio is really good though.

44:52 No, only 2% of all quests have different paths you can choose from. The specif quest they have shown in this video is the only one in the game with some different choices in it. Nothing dramatic, really.... It's "Ally with Maelstrom and be enemies of the Miltech" or the exact same opposite.... there are 5-6 ways of playing this mission but they all end with 2 possibile final outcomes.
In theory, a large chunk of missions have different outcomes, but that's because it's always split into those two types of outcomes, e.g.: Kill/Spare cyberpsycho, do stealth gig/go loud (or fail gig entirely), do side quest/don't do it. Dialogue choices can fail gigs but rarely is there ever a real consequence in the game world, for most of V's actions. That percentage is truly small and mostly reserved to main story missions.

The sad thing is that this is thier "Finished product". That means they will improve the quality such as bugs, performance etc. Not add more content. The 'content' being added is DLC/Expansions. Those things was not promised for the DLC/Expansions. It was promised for the base game. This game was rushed in the end and content had to be cut to have a somewhat plausable release.

Did any official source actually ever state that we're never gonna get free content patches? News to me - Sad News.

Also adding that this game was promised as something neve
I know this have been talked about a lot. And it's not so much the fact that you can choose this. But it still wonders the hell out of me and think it actually illustrate everything you are saying here perfectly, which is where did it go?

It's sort of like a game allowing you to customize your rocketship, because that is cool. But at no point in the actual game are you going to use it for anything, because it's a game about trains.

I remembered when I saw that trailer and one of my first thoughts were that it was scripted, and pretty sure by now that it was not actual gameplay. But it should be fairly easy to recreate what they are doing in the scene to see if that is how it plays out.

To me that trailer was the vision or their ambitions for the game, but somewhere along the way they must have just kept cutting it, until barely the bone were left, and maybe they cut slightly to deep, because a lot of the bone is gone as well :D

Its difficult to say what qualifies a game as RPG, I honestly don't know what the exact definition or requirement of it is, or the studios just label there game whatever they see fit. Because I would call it an RPG, but as you also mention, I would probably call it an action game/GTA clone first, with a hint of "poor" RPG, when it comes to stats and such. Story, quests, environment music/audio is really good though.
Nicely put and I agree to a big extent. However seeing how small the game is and that I mean approximently att best 20 hours of main story and alot of scenes that feels cut and oversimplyfied how much more was really cut? This huge list is from 48 minutes of gameplay. Let alone 20 hours more existing, this game is far from a downgrade. This is false advertisement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom