Mentioned but missing features list

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from cut content lifepaths prologue seemed rushed as well.

My alternatives :
1) Nomad V is living in the place where you meet withh Jackie for the first time as Nomad. It looks like a perfect starting location, theres even bed. Small side missions on the desert would be focused arround gathering money for the bribe to cross the border. Theme - Escaping the past.

2) Corpo V, after good introduction in Arasaka HQ, V goes to the fancy home for the night. The next day V has to go on some boring meetings, make deals with buisness people, bribe someone etc. Just to experience what it is like to be a corpo. Theme - The Fall.

3) Street Kid V is a hobo. On random occasion V is helping someone on the street and catches Padre attention. He takes us under hes wings and offer us to be one of hes goons. We pledge obedience to Padre, doing variety of dirty jobs. Theme - Fighting for a better life.

Those are like B movie ideas, I know - but still better than what we've got. Not to mention how little lifepath choice matters in the later game.

I love how CDPR said all over this video that its content was going to be altered but yet...

I love how back then it was a presentation only for the press but crybabies wanted to see it so bad they went that extra mile and released it for all to see, even if they stressed many times it was not a final product.

I love how ignorant some can be about developping games and what features eventually get cut when you try implementing them on a larger scope. What works in a small part of a scripted quest to showcase a game concept to the press might not work in a more open environnement or in a longer run. But I guess that's too hard to understand.

Bottom line : I hope next time CDPR won't bother showing early stuff to please the crowd.

Well next time NASA is advertising the will land on Mars colonize it and build a city and then.. Well we landet on the moon and brought back some stones. Well after all it was just planning and subject to change. :shrug:

About 'law suit' ...

In my view - do you know why this is not going to happen and, if it does, it will come from some minor legal entity (if it does)?

Because that would go head-to-head with technologies that would be 'exposed', like unfinished hardware that has already been sold as 'X' and is, in fact, 'Y'. Why did this happen with the development of software like Windows, its libraries; or Sony, with its not yet finalized PS5 and so on. That is why I think these gossip from youtubers and 'click bait' press do not triumph ... it is a mere sensationalism supported by 'I heard' ... (there is no one to sign).

Unfortunately, things are like that, not because I want to ...

About 'law suit' ...

In my view - do you know why this is not going to happen and, if it does, it will come from some minor legal entity (if it does)?

Because that would go head-to-head with technologies that would be 'exposed', like unfinished hardware that has already been sold as 'X' and is, in fact, 'Y'. Why did this happen with the development of software like Windows, its libraries; or Sony, with its not yet finalized PS5 and so on. That is why I think these gossip from youtubers and 'click bait' press do not triumph ... it is a mere sensationalism supported by 'I heard' ... (there is no one to sign).

Unfortunately, things are like that, not because I want to ...
I know... but maybe it should happen, maybe the whole industry would NEED it to happen for once.

Look, I don't wanna see CDPR go under, not at all, but a nice, little reality check? I'd be down for that...

Played 153 hours so far and absolutely loved it but I always felt like stuff was missing.

I was sitting down today looking through some of the gameplay and stuff said before the game launched and now I know why I hyped over this game and now I know why I am so extreamly dissapointed.

I would like to direct you to Cyberpunk 2077's YouTube channel and look at the 48 minutes of content shown August 27, 2018. Click Here.
Follow this and you will see what I mean with "cut content."

First see if you find the comment done to move softer through the video. Giannandrea Ferrara made our job 10 times easier.↓

0:06 Nope, never happened. No cutscenes where you can see your own character

1:01 "This is an RPG" Nope....that's a lie, you changed the tag from RPG to Action game

1:01 No key life event and "Why Night City" in the actual game, All characters play the same exact way after the prologue.

1:08 "New possibilities later in the game". Just few extra dialogues that have almost no impact in the game

1:20 "And many, many more". Nope, just add "nails" and "teeth" to the list and that's it (and what's the point of those? You will never actually seen them in game). Character customisation is one the laziest i've seen in an RPG. But hey, you can customize your d***c (type 1 and 2...wow)

1:37 "Near the beginning of the game". Yes, correct...after a timeskip of 6 months with cut contents and absolute 0 context.

1:40 "Along with a netrunner called T-Bug". Yes, the player will hear that name for the first time, but not the characters....they have problably already met her during the 6 month period you are not able to play.

2:44 Nope, not such a thing like context-related stealth takedown. All the knockdowns in the game play the same exact animation.

3:00 Nope. NPC and Enemies don't interact with any props in game

3:40 Nope, not happening. Enemies' AI is not that advanced. This was probably a scripted scene removed from the final game. Jackie never interacted with the actual enviroment

3:45 Nope, not happening.

3:50 Nope, V does not interact with other NPC during combat.

4:14 Just no....Jackie is more a bullet-sponge than anything else.

4:25 Jackie changing weapon grapping a new one from the enemy? Hell no, not happening.

5:44 Options on how to carry on with the mission? Not happening.

7:14 No, V never said that. Again: V doesn't interact in anyway with the world around him/her.

7:46 Nope, elevators often have only 2 possibile destinations: Ground floor and Mission Floor.

7:52 Again, No third person cutscenes

8:05 Hell NO. Not happening. not even the slightiest. This frame is so full of lies I don't even know where to start: no cutscenes about the apartment, No clothes around the house; no Joytoys coming at your house and getting re-dressed after s*x. V doesn't sleep like that on the bed. Ceck the memes about that

8:29 No, that's a lie. You don't interact with people like that.

8:30 Not happening

8:39 Not happening

9:14 NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. All the possible interactions with props are made possibile with the press of 1 key, "F", while aiming at them. No Additional fancy UIs

11:09 No, it doesn't.

11:57 No, elevators don't have that many options...again

12:17 "With no loading screens" Fair enough, but instead of a loading screen they put elevators rides that takes several seconds, during these elevator runs you won't see the outside most of the time.

13:05 "LIES LIES LIES LIES".

13:14 No, that's not true. NPC don't have day-night cycles.

15:17 No, Missions' intels are not that good

20:10 No, vendor's interface is not that good. You will get a UI from early 2000s

22:20 No, not true.

24:20 No, nothing like that in the game

24:31 Driving interface is nothing like that. They downgraded it to a simple HUD element in the corner of the screen.

24:58 "No....only some broken cars and a couple of bikes....nothing else"

25:06 This scene is clearly scripted and the same thing happen in the actual game. In the game it's simply not that epic

25:12 No, not happening

25:16 Seen that car accident? Well....forget anything like that.

25:53 "WHAT?" What does that even mean? Hell no....nothing like that.

23:58 Seen that collision? Forget about that...most of time things will just explode if you get too close of them. Other time that rubbish will be as hard as a wall, stopping your car.

27:13 Yes. You could do that, but it would have no impact on the outcome.

28:34 That's a lie. A big LIE. Player's decision have almost 0 impact on the story and the quests.

37:54 No, not really. There isn't such a thing

38:14 No. There is nothing like this in the game.

38:27 No, they don't.

38:58 No. Only 3. Tech, Strengh and Hacking. All of them are based on a minimum level of that stat to open the way; actual perks and skills in that category doesn't matter.

40:06 No, Enemies won't react in any way to granades or others. They will just stay still and get hit by them.

44:33 No, nothing like that, really.

44:52 No, only 2% of all quests have different paths you can choose from. The specif quest they have shown in this video is the only one in the game with some different choices in it. Nothing dramatic, really.... It's "Ally with Maelstrom and be enemies of the Miltech" or the exact same opposite.... there are 5-6 ways of playing this mission but they all end with 2 possibile final outcomes.
Post automatically merged:

HOLY HELL.. that's over 12 hours a day since the game came out.. Who is feeding you?

But, going back to Earth

I think that I, everyone, should continue to apply pressure, in a good way, so that we have what we want in the game. Yes, we should also use the forum for this, to ask for things, what we want.

This is the part that concerns us, too, that is, wanting and expressing it in words in forums, etc.

There is no mystery to that. And yes, we can criticize what we don't like, even be acid in our criticism, as long as, in my view, this (my opinion) we know how to substantiate it. At last, uts the best way to anything...try it.

I get people being disappointed, but I swear people act like they were promised everything in that demo as if the "subject to change" line didn't exist. You know sometimes things that you want to fit into the game don't end up working out properly and its better to cut it out than have it bug out unexpectedly. And the montage at the beginning was cool to me, don't see why it's obviously cut content.

I've got my complaints about the game, but some people really need to bring themselves back down to earth.
The fun little metaphore we used further up can be used here. If you buy a pig with lipstick for 60$ and you arrive at the store and he gives you simply a pig. You might ask where the lipstick is and he might say "It was to difficult and timeconsuming to put it in the pig within the time you came to get the pig." You might be fine with that and go home and Still be fine with your buy. That is what I define as "downgrade".

However if we now would've gone to the store and you came to pickup the pig with lipstick and he simply gives you a lipstick. You will most definitely ask "Where is the pig?" and even if he says "It was to much job to get the pig over here in time for you to come pick him up". I am sure you would leave with your money and not be pleased with the purchase. This is what I'd call "Cut content".

I would like to remind you I have played 154 hours and Still going strong. Absolutely loving the game and dont see myself stop playing any time soon. But that doesnt mean we should close our eyes and enjoy what we got and that's that. Much Love to CDPR but they really deserv the crap they are getting, this is absurd.

Wow I had not seen that video. Apparently Miles didn't know at some point that Jackie dies...I've said it before and I'll say it again poor project management. There was clearly a significant lack of communication.

The more I watch these videos, the more I get depressed.
This is where they talk about multiple branching story-lines.
THIS IS NOT IN THE GAME!
They talk about how three games from the Witcher series taught them how to make non-linear, branched stories.
BUT IT'S NOT IN CYBERPUNK!
https://cyberpunkgame.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F187168537629 Returning to the mission at the Hotel. Since the game broke on my first playthrough, I had to start playing it a second time. And nothing has changed!

After going through all the dialogue options, completing this mission with different "backstories" nothing has changed.
And then I thought - hey, maybe I need to think outside the box? Maybe the solutions are not hidden in the dialogues? Maybe the authors of the game are geniuses, but we did not understand them?

I was digging this damn hotel with my nose! I hacked into all the cameras and tried to find and see at least something. In the dialogue where it is necessary to distract the hotel staff, I decided to hack the computer on the table with the script "distract enemies", maybe it would work.
I tried to shoot the damn iguana! Hoping for at least some reaction! But nothing.

But I found Kojima. And do you know what I remember?
Metal Gear Solid 1998.
In the story, Snake ends up in prison. And every few minutes he is taken away for interrogation. And you need to find a way to escape. And you have three ways:

1.When the guard goes to the toilet, hide under the bed
2. Call Otacon and he will bring you ketchup. Spill ketchup on the floor like it's blood and pretend to be dead
3.Wait for Gray Fox to arrive
Kojima, sitting in a bar in a Knight City hotel, is only sad.

It's interesting that despite the "work in progress" warning, they go in great detail how the game works and it's systems, yet they didn't end up in the final game. I mean, why explain this stuff? Even that bull trailer of Watch Dogs didn't have a guy explaining how the game works. Ironically, Watch Dogs got visuals downgrade, but Cyberpunk got gameplay downgrade and visuals remained awesome.

"CDPR, you shit everything"

I may disagree with the way it is put, but I will defend the right to say it. I, in particular, prefer another route, but we are not always able to 'hold the wave'. It's part of it.

Do you know what worries me most about the score of those responsible for the CD? It's just that they didn't say anything, if not, about or around 'performance'. They did not mention AIs, for example ... thing I am wishes of the community.

I still expect something about ... from them, from the CD and I want it to be things they will do, including things we wrote on this forum. I would like all this energy that we spend on things that don't tend to happen, to be directed to that, under pressure, in a good way, so that the CD could serve us, serve its community.

Turning your back, leaving, sometimes it is an extremely difficult, necessary, difficult decision in some contexts, but 'staying', sometimes, and resisting - is much more important and has a much greater weight for things to change .

It's interesting that despite the "work in progress" warning, they go in great detail how the game works and it's systems, yet they didn't end up in the final game. I mean, why explain this stuff? Even that bull trailer of Watch Dogs didn't have a guy explaining how the game works. Ironically, Watch Dogs got visuals downgrade, but Cyberpunk got gameplay downgrade and visuals remained awesome.
Exactly what I'm saying: There is a fine line between marketing fluff and direct statements of things to expect.

...and not even the fact that Keanu Reeves is handing you the "lipstick", doesn't change the fact that "there is no pig", to keep with the metaphor. ;)

It's a pretty tech demo, for certain, but beyond the story missions, it's nothing else.

The decision to launch the game was not only at CDPR, it was everyone's, not by chance they are all, embracing, striving to correct the game in the state it is in.

I have to agree with you here. This game had to go through submission for Microsoft and Sony, so they had to have seen the issue.

Even the "They trusted us" excuse doesn't work. Patches have to go through submission too, so Sony and Microsoft submission people HAD to have seen that even with the day 0 patch the game was nowhere near passable. The people that handled the submission at Microsoft and Sony and passed it even after seeing the state of the game with the day 0 patch applied dropped the ball.

There's absolutely no way the game or the game + day 0 patch should have passed submission in the first place.

If it was just the base game with no patch, I could understand. Agreements are routinely made where a game will pass submission on condition that certain issues be fixed, which is why day 0 patches exist in the first place. Then day 0 patch goes to submission, submission people install base game then apply day 0 patch and check the game again as they did the first time, this time also checking that the issues that were promised would be fixed are actually fixed.

The game somehow passed initial submission AND day-0 patch submission + conditions from the first submission.

Everyone's blaming CDPR (and rightly so), but the console companies are also to blame. They could have probably avoided this completely by failing the Cyberpunk submission like they should have, which would have FORCED CDPR into another delay. Sure they could have still launched PC only for now, since there's no submission at all on PC, but I doubt they would have launched PC only.

I love how CDPR said all over this video that its content was going to be altered but yet...

I love how back then it was a presentation only for the press but crybabies wanted to see it so bad they went that extra mile and released it for all to see, even if they stressed many times it was not a final product.

I love how ignorant some can be about developping games and what features eventually get cut when you try implementing them on a larger scope. What works in a small part of a scripted quest to showcase a game concept to the press might not work in a more open environnement or in a longer run. But I guess that's too hard to understand.

Bottom line : I hope next time CDPR won't bother showing early stuff to please the crowd.
Yeah I agree that it might not work in a open enviorment. But if they decide to cut this much they would be smart to adress this further down the line, would be kinda nice knowing what game Im taking off store shelves.

I'm willing to give the devs time to add bew content to the game gradually, I'm just disappointed as the next guy at the undelivered promises however I'm not ready to give up yet as the game is enjoyable for me even as it is.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201222-095042.jpg
    Screenshot_20201222-095042.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 92
"First of all, we would like to start by apologizing to you for not showing the game on base last-gen consoles before it premiered and, in consequence, not allowing you to make a more informed decision about your purchase. We should have paid more attention to making it play better on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Second, we will fix bugs and crashes, and improve the overall experience. The first round of updates has just been released and the next one is coming within the next 7 days. Expect more, as we will update frequently whenever new improvements are ready. After the holidays, we’ll continue working — we’ll release two large patches starting with Patch #1 in January. This will be followed by Patch #2 in February. Together these should fix the most prominent problems gamers are facing on last-gen consoles. We will be informing you about the contents of each patch ahead of their release. They won't make the game on last-gen look like it’s running on a high-spec PC or next-gen console, but it will be closer to that experience than it is now."

CPDR
Dont understand what you want said with this? They are insinuating the console versions is **** and they have a plan to fix it. Imrovements and such doesnt mean giving back features. Even if they would have, it is bad bad bad if it arrives as promised 6 months later. It is a singleplayer story game. Start-Middle-End. When this is done, the game is officially done.

I really feel like sitting in a restaurant here. When asking about the daily menu I'am told, there will be stake and beans, so I ordered. When the waiter came back, I was served fish and chips. Really liked the food, but still, its not what I had ordered.

They said it was a work in progress and that parts of it may change, not that it would be cut completely.

That also doesn't excuse all the stuff they said would absolutely be in the game, but isn't.

It's another Sean Murray "Players will definately be able to see each other, but the universe is so big that the chances of meeting other players is really small," and two streamers end up meeting on the very first day showing the world that it was just a lie on top of many other lies situation.

I see nothing in that demo video that hasn't been done in other games, that current technology wouldn't allow or wouldn't work on a grander scale.

Hell the game doesn't even have proper AI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom