Mentioned but missing features list

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, the easiest of all most players will notice.
But these are side quests, not story missions. In The Witcher 3, player choices influenced side quests, but also influenced story events.
I think you and I have a misunderstanding. Sure, everything led to the same ending, but the path to it was different. The dialogue choices in The Witcher 3 influenced not only the character lines, but also the events.
No one is asking for every dialogue in Cyberpunk to change the story. But for player choices to affect the path through it.
Picture to make it clearer what I mean:

For Cyberpunk to work like The Witcher 3, every story quest has to be like The Pickup, where V and Jackie bought the bot.

I did kill him, and he didn't come back to life
Thank you for the info, apparently it's a bug.
By the way, English is not my first language, so I apologize if my posts may sound rude.

Last edited:
But these are side quests, not story missions. In The Witcher 3, player choices influenced side quests, but also influenced story events.
I think you and I have a misunderstanding. Sure, everything led to the same ending, but the path to it was different. The dialogue choices in The Witcher 3 influenced not only the character lines, but also the events.
No one is asking for every dialogue in Cyberpunk to change the story. But for player choices to affect the path through it.

For Cyberpunk to work like The Witcher 3, every story quest has to be like The Pickup, where V and Jackie bought the bot.

By the way, English is not my first language, so I apologize if my posts may sound rude.

No worries, I'm happy to be able to have a conversation without either of us bashing each other, unlike I've seen numerous times in here (y)
Anyway, I get your point now, and I agree to a certain extent. Meaning, the main story is more streamlined than the Witcher 3 might have been, but in the end it doesn't feel less natural at all because the choices in Cyberpunk end up in characters reactions and flavour.
To me it is way more important than having two different quests, because it makes the characters around me more believable. I like how they react to my decisions and how the game provides me with options reflecting my choices when I talk with them. The RPG feeling comes from this, to my eyes. And as I've said, the mechanics behind it are the same than the Witcher 3 : dialog options to dig in the lore, and a couple ones to move the story forward. Not to mention that you can do everything in the order you want and you have crossovers during the main and side quests, making it actually not that simple looking if you want to represent it with a graphic.

It's like when you're playing a tabletop RPG : some players would like their DM to run a sandboxy campaign over a straightforward one, doesn't make them any less of an RPG campaign.

We need comments on the cut content, i don't want another generic apology on bugs and performance issues
That might not happen as the CEO of CDPR has been on Twitter "liking" posts that defend the game as having no issues, or, feeling sorry for the CDPR employees as "they don't deserve this kind of negative feedback". Higher ups at the company don't feel there's an issue with the game and are attacking those that say it isn't. I guess it depends on the platform you're playing on, but except for Stadia, I've seen vids of the glitches, screen freezing, lag, etc. I've experienced it firsthand on my Xbox One X. It speaks to who CDPR really is. All that hype, all that noise, and we end up being delivered a heaping pile of crap. It really is sad.

Reminds me, nice video of all we have found out so far.

It's like when you're playing a tabletop RPG : some players would like their DM to run a sandboxy campaign over a straightforward one, doesn't make them any less of an RPG campaign.

But even in a good straigtforward story the DM reacts to what your players decide to do and what not to do. Who gets killed and who lives. And so on :p

They were so honest until now. What in the name of f**k happened in there that in a few weekes they're on the same level as those other greedy bastards from the industry. Couldn't care less about bugs, it can be fixed but misleading, lies, cutting content, GOG shitstorm... What a shame.

But even in a good straigtforward story the DM reacts to what your players decide to do and what not to do. Who gets killed and who lives. And so on :p

As I've said, the characters provide me with rewarding dialog lines and interactions in reaction to my actions so... so far everything I've done is perfectly immersive on that matter :)

Regarding the cut features. Yeah who knows right?

Maybe it was because they weren't going to delayed anymore, or maybe it was the RAM and CPU limitations of Xbox one and PlayStation 4 that had to be accommodated?
Post automatically merged:

It's called taking responsibility for failed project. That's what project leaders do when shareholders are involved, and the shareholders decide whether they get fired or not.

No. Shareholders just decide to sell their stock or not. Especially since the CEOs of CDPR are majority shareholders, other investors have no say in how the company operates.

Shareholders decide to give the company money to continue to operate by buying shares, or not by not buying the share or selling the ones they have.

The nudity is weirdest for me. I don't need nudity in a game wouldn't think anything of having either more or less in this one, it's just the incongruity that confuses me. You can customise your penis and breasts in the CC but also, prostitutes keep their bras on during sex?
I guess it was too much to hope for that they'd actually keep this promise i guess we will never live in a world free from censorship or one where companies keep theyre promises..... who knew?????

This is so hard to watch, and all at CDPR should watch this and other similar videos and remake the game and give us what was promised!

Seriously I have a feeling like the game was totally scapped in 2018 and was in the development for only two years and thats why its medicore and unfinished as it is.

Yeah and next time guys .... less resources spending on movie stars and hollywood style "supercool effects" movie stuff, and more resources spend to make and acutall great open world game thanks!

The entire game should've been your time with Jackie and then had the Arasaka Heist as the final mission. With it playing out basically the same. Silverhand should've been more of a background character. A "goal" or even a mentor for V and Jackie to strive for or emulate. With Johnny being captured by Arasaka right at the end. You go into the Heist to try and free him. Only to find out he was soulkilled and put on the biochip. Then have the rest play out as we saw. Saburu murdered. You blamed for it. Jackie dies and gives you the chip to take care of. Game ends with you waking up in a landfill and Johnny standing over you with his "wake up Samurai, we got a city to burn" line. Sets up DLC with digital Johnny and Alt and basically the storyline of the main game except Johnny is dying and not you. With us rushing to save our idol or betraying him. But we still get our open-world merc RPG.

Mr.Thundaro posted this on YT in the comments for the video. I actually never fully realised how true this comment is.

Last edited:
lol holy shit the corporate cope and pandering

I see product specifications and features of a reliable oven that fits my needs
I go to appliance store
I buy the oven
The oven completely stops working from catastrophic failure in the middle of the third batch of cookies I am baking
I call the appliance store and tell them it doesn't work anymore and I would like to remedy the situation
I get told I am no longer eligible for a return or remedy because I used the oven too much
I tell them this is unacceptable, as I wouldn't have known it was broken had I not used it
They tell me my expectations of the product were too high and the model I had based my decision to purchase off of, was just a prototype that is subject to change and not representative of the product for sale.

Your analogy is off. The product specification would be the one of the release not of what they "teased" months or years before. Years of similar incidents should have taught YOU as a consumer better instead of blindly trusting corps.

Had I known this game was just basically a poorly optimized Far Cry game, I would not have been interested. Tech companies misrepresent their products every single day and no one holds them accountable. It is your guys' fault though for pre ordering and not looking into a product. I imagine OP in my quote had zero knowledge or expectations of the game and probably refused to watch the gameplay demos and other things that were released in the past 3-4 years. All of these supposed 'high' expectations were set and constantly reinforced by CDPR in their official capacity.

I didn't pre-order anything. But I barely watched any teaser or gameplay demos and waited rather from reviewers for the release version (plural) I trusted and made my decision there. Because of that I didn't feel I was "lied" to that there were "missing" features in the game. And you know what I have already sunked 50h in the game and not anywhere close to finish the game.

Retractions were only made for the public transport system, wall climbing, real estate, and customized cars, in July of 2020.

It doesn't matter if they retract it even a week before. The only version that matter is the release. Promises means nothing.

Years of experience has taught me better rather to just blindly trust a corp (even if it is CDPR) as should all of you.

I can't fathom what view of the world produces an opinion like yours.
If the responsibility not to fall for false advertising lay solely at the customers side, companies would be allowed to completely make up everything about their products, including guaranteed features and options. You are basically saying they can lie as much as they want to trick you into paying, just where do you come from with an opinion like that?
I and so many others pre-ordered the game based on what CDPR told us was going to be in it, so damn right I can expect them to produce what they promised, everything else would mean I'm a dolt who likes to be fooled.

OR how about instead of doing that make the smart decision NOT to pre-order anything and rather wait for the reviews (you trust) of the actual release product instead of blindly trusting ads from companies?

And there is one important difference between No Man's Sky and Cyberpunk 2077, one is a publisher who made two small racing games and then went on to try to create a game that was unprecedented.
CDPR had several very successful RPG titles under their belt, including one of the most successful games of the last few years, with a scope and a world that was impressive as hell.
And there are many open world games out there who share a lot of mechanics with Cyberpunk, so it might have been new ground for them, but the open world they wanted to create in itselft wasn't groundbreaking.

As you just learned yourself. This means nothing.

Actually, I'm glad you brought up No Man's Sky, because by all accounts the developer has managed to turn the game around and make it into what they initially promised and this is what most of us are hoping for Cyberpunk 2077 as well.

I agree on that. Not a perfect game but it is a great game and it has a potential to become something amazing.

Last edited:
These are great, thank you for sharing them. Hopefully they listen to us and improve on this ASAP. They've already failed.

The entire game should've been your time with Jackie and then had the Arasaka Heist as the final mission. With it playing out basically the same. Silverhand should've been more of a background character. A "goal" or even a mentor for V and Jackie to strive for or emulate. With Johnny being captured by Arasaka right at the end. You go into the Heist to try and free him. Only to find out he was soulkilled and put on the biochip. Then have the rest play out as we saw. Saburu murdered. You blamed for it. Jackie dies and gives you the chip to take care of. Game ends with you waking up in a landfill and Johnny standing over you with his "wake up Samurai, we got a city to burn" line. Sets up DLC with digital Johnny and Alt and basically the storyline of the main game except Johnny is dying and not you. With us rushing to save our idol or betraying him. But we still get our open-world merc RPG.

Mr.Thundaro posted this on YT in the comments for the video. I actually never fully realised how true this comment is.
[/QUOTE]

That is kind of how I thought this game was going to be originally. I really don't know why they needed to get Keanu Reeves in anyway, unnecessary expense and I dislike celebrities in games anyway.

They really should of just concentrated on making a great game as advertised and marketed instead of being star struck and ruining the whole game entirely.

I'd love to see the game being scrapped for this story idea posted above, it would fit so darn well in my opinion. However, unfortunately I just cannot see that happening due to how much it would of cost them to get the actor in the first place. I also cannot see it being changed because celebrities always want to be the limelight of things in order to fuel their on-going egos. Shame really..

It's ironic when before the game was released I was talking highly about the company. That creating games with story and quest choices that have proper outcomes, with proper romances are so rare these days. I was so looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077 due to everything that was promised. I even kept convincing myself that it would be like Mass Effect or something but in a Cyberpunk world.

However, instead I feel like I was tricked into buying a game that is nothing like that at all. Instead it is more like Grand Theft Auto and instead of being an RPG it is more an Action Shooter title, two games/genres that I very much dislike because the games industry is already polluted with those kinds of games.

I know this game seemed more like a Shooter title to begin with but the whole dialogue choices making an impact, romances made me look past that. Its really unfortunate that none of what made me interested in the first place ended up in the game. The only good mission as said by many already was the Pickup mission with Royce. More of that would of been great.

I can't believe I got tricked into buying a genre I dislike and a basic Grand Theft Auto clone but with I'll admit less features. Lesson learnt and I won't be fooled again. I don't usually get hyped over a game but with what was promised and how rare those specific games actually are, I just couldn't help myself.

The most we can get now to introduce more of Jackie, Mama Wells, Vik and so on is a DLC which will probably end up being short and I don't know it just wont feel the same.

The only game I have left to look forward to now is Baldurs Gate 3. That is a proper RPG with what seems like great romances, it is also how Cyberpunk 2077 should of been (features wise) and how it should of released (Early Access, as clearly the game is unfinished)

What doesn't help though is that I spent money on the Cyberpunk chair and collector's edition too. I also bought a statue of Jackie, but I'm happy with that as he is my favorite character anyway. Great character stuck in a terrible game that doesn't do him any justice...

Anyway enough ranting, I'm sure the company know they are at fault. I'm more frustrated with myself for falling for their trap. I mean they can still build on the game and that is why I chose not to go for a refund but the more I read about the 'What could of been' and the worry about 'What can and can't be fixed and updated' is starting to get to me a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom