Mentioned but missing features list

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the choices affecting things I've found:

* Every life path has a follow up Side Gig, even if they're not a particularly long or interesting one.
* Side with Meredith and she lives. Side against her and she dies. Ditto the guy she's interrogating.
* The Corpo choice lets you know that Meredith has rigged the credit chip.
* A lot of missions will have bonuses if you're not detected or don't kill anyone.
* You can free the Maelstrom leader and have it affect the Totentaz mission. Ditto whether you sided with Maelsrrom or Militech.
* Kill Jotaro in "Monster Hunt" and you can scare Woodman into obeying you.
* You can bankrupt and take the car of that pregnant girl's boyfriend in the Fight Club. He'll name his kid after you if you let him keep the money.
* You can side with Maiko or Judy in "Pisces" with an effect on how Judy views you and what happens to Clouds. Your relationship with Judy will depend on whether you kill Maiko or accept her Eddies too.
* Do most of Wak's quests in Japantown and she'll just give you the White Moth Braindance.
* You can encourage River to kill the serial killer or not after the events of his quests.
* You can choose which member of Samurai to kick out of the band, though it makes no real difference.
* You can kill or spare Oda.
* You can choose to rescue Goro or let him die based on whether you give a shit about a corporate samurai like him.
* While working for Rogue in a SideGig, you can use the Corpo life path to get the secretary to leave by claiming you're here to audit the building.
* The four obvious endings based on whether you sided with one faction or the other.

Which isn't bad actually and actually is pretty on par with other RPGs. It's just most of the side content is "shoot up gangs" that doesn't hve much in the way of choices.

Anyone else have changes they've noticed?

Last edited:
The ending is literally 3 dialogue choices, plus the secret one i gues (which i personally dont find all that secret). You can just load up a save just before that and go through all of em with no need to ever having to start over. You atleast skip a hell of alot of fixers phone calls that way (let me mute em damnit!) ;)

Side gigs choice are limited to whatever gig you do, they dont world change anything or the V/characters around you sadly.

If you go by the trailers the game would have you involed with the gangs, and NC way more. Just look at "street cred", a totally pointless thing to level up as it serves no purpose except remind of something that once were (cut).

FYI - You only get most of the endings due to completing Panam's questline and other lines.

So Nomad is a "secret" ending.

I thought there were 4 or 5 according to the hidden trophies / achievements.
I wish there were 16 endings. You mean 5 core endings. And 1 of them not really an ending just a choice and credits roll.

Arasaka endings: Goro alive 2 versions, Goro dead 2 versions
Aldecaldos endings: Don't romance Panam 5 versions, romance Panam 2
Afterlife endings: Rogue 2 versions, alone 2 versions
Suicide endings: 1 version

Remember when they kept saying "the choices you make will ripple throughout the game" ? What choices, what ripples ? What about the lifepaths having exclusive missions ? There are 0. There is literally 1 mission that is exclusive to the lifepath you pick and that’s at the very beginning and it’s not even a mission. The only time I felt my choices make a difference is the very ending of the game. The game itself is good but boy did they drop the ball on so many things. Here are few things I think they should've thought out more.

Uh a lot of this is not true.

* There's the Life Path mission but also a follow up Side Gig for each Lifepath.
* There's dialogue for every mission related to your Life Path
* Every Life Path has an ending related to it.

None of which give you any sort of feeling that your journey throughout the game lead you to becoming a legend of Night City. No NPC interaction, no reputation system, no side mission ever gave the impression that what I was doing was changing the way the city was responding to my V.

None of which give you any sort of feeling that your journey throughout the game lead you to becoming a legend of Night City. No NPC interaction, no reputation system, no side mission ever gave the impression that what I was doing was changing the way the city was responding to my V.

No NPC interaction? What do you mean? The entire game is nothing but NPC interaction.

Faction Reputation also makes no sense because you do hundreds of missions against every gang but the Mox and Aldecados. The game isn't New Vegas, you kill NCR, House, Legion, Boomer, and every other faction members by the hundreds. You're an independent merc.

You can join Arasaka and the Aldecados but that's endgame results.

As for the Side Missions you have an entire Reputation System for becoming a Legend. It measures your fame in the city and who will hire you.

No NPC interaction? What do you mean? The entire game is nothing but NPC interaction.

Faction Reputation also makes no sense because you do hundreds of missions against every gang but the Mox and Aldecados. The game isn't New Vegas, you kill NCR, House, Legion, Boomer, and every other faction members by the hundreds. You're an independent merc.

As for the Side Missions you have an entire Reputation System for becoming a Legend. It measures your fame in the city and who will hire you.
The NPC interaction I'm talking about is with all the lifeless zombies plaguing Night City. Thousands of NPCs with one line of dialogue in a game that touts being the next evolution in the RPG experience is a huge missed opportunity.

The lack of reputation system has been addressed ad nauseum on these forums. I'm talking about building reputation with individual gangs and people throughout Night City. Pre-scripted misions that give me the illusion that I'm building rep as opposed to a reputation-specific system that other recent RPGs have implemented make this game feel lifeless and empty.

I know we've had disagreements in the past, bud, but I only want this game to excel and increase the longevity of it.

A lot of side quests are dependent on street cred and reputation. I've seen some great quests that shed light on the gangs and night city. This is why I believe that part of the side quest ware originally planned as main quests.

The NPC interaction I'm talking about is with all the lifeless zombies plaguing Night City. Thousands of NPCs with one line of dialogue in a game that touts being the next evolution in the RPG experience is a huge missed opportunity.

The lack of reputation system has been addressed ad nauseum on these forums. I'm talking about building reputation with individual gangs and people throughout Night City. Pre-scripted misions that give me the illusion that I'm building rep as opposed to a reputation-specific system that other recent RPGs have implemented make this game feel lifeless and empty.

I know we've had disagreements in the past, bud, but I only want this game to excel and increase the longevity of it.
You don't really expect to have meaningful conversation with thousands of random civilians which are not quest givers? Which game does that? They are like Cyberpunk. I'm thinking about Deus Ex, Pillars of Ethernity, Kingdome Come, The Witcher etc...

You don't really expect to have meaningful conversation with thousands of random civilians which are not quest givers? Which game does that? They are like Cyberpunk. I'm thinking about Deus Ex, Pillars of Ethernity, Kingdome Come, The Witcher etc...
Why not? Watch Dogs has a system like that. Why not take that and improve upon it? If not all citizens, how about just a couple hundred of them?

Why not? Watch Dogs has a system like that. Why not take that and improve upon it? If not all citizens, how about just a couple hundred of them?
You don't talk with random people when you walk the streets in real life, and if you do, you will mostly be ignored or get a nod. Why do you think it should be different in the game? The larger the city, the more distant people become. I knew almost everyone when I lived in a village. Today I don't know and don't care who lives on the floor above me.

Don't forget all the endings in which you choose to wear a hat or not. Oh and whether you were holding a rifle or a pistol. Let's not forget all the endings where you were a master quickhacker as opposed to a street brawler, and so on and so on. So really there's like 4,983,734,83,534,100,293,493,092 total endings.

You don't talk with random people when you walk the streets in real life, and if you do, you will mostly be ignored or get a nod. Why do you think it should be different in the game? The larger the city, the more distant people become. I knew almost everyone when I lived in a village. Today I don't know and don't care who lives on the floor above me.
True, but I do interact with shopkeepers, bar patrons, co-workers, etc. Even more, I'm able to think of imaginary interactions I might have like talking with police about a bounty I might pursue, or a business I might invest in or pull someone out of a burning building which could lead to a bigger story. Now, imagine all the interactions I can't even think of that other people on this forum are dying to share.

Don't forget all the endings in which you choose to wear a hat or not. Oh and whether you were holding a rifle or a pistol. Let's not forget all the endings where you were a master quickhacker as opposed to a street brawler, and so on and so on. So really there's like 4,983,734,83,534,100,293,493,092 total endings.

I put on my robe and wizard hat. 4,983,734,83,534,100,293,493,092*2 endings!

If we mind to imitate real life as it is in the videogame, there's plenty of videos in Youtube that shows street pranks that proves human interaction nowadays hasn't to be cedimented previously on the internet field. If you walk around in your city just waving at pedestrian it's obvious they're gonna at most, wave back, but that not demonstrates that as a futuristic dystopian city, or our own ones, you cannot have little tiny dialogues based on logical situations. A prove for that is the ridiculous situation of accidentally push an NPC by triggering the dodge and see how people react to this. I've even get to hear someone shouting "if you want to kill anyone just do it, but no me" after that. XD

Uh a lot of this is not true.

* There's the Life Path mission but also a follow up Side Gig for each Lifepath.

There's no life path missions to begin with, there is a cut scene, the side gig is also get a free car or talk to a guy in a bar then go around the bar and see him get wacked.... there are no missions until Sandra Dorset just cut scenes with various levels of interactivity.

* There's dialogue for every mission related to your Life Path
That changes nothing not the outcome not even how you get to a given outcome

* Every Life Path has an ending related to it.

No there aren't in fact the Nomad ending wasn't even a planned ending it was cobbled together once they realized they can't do life path questlines for all the life paths so they took the Nomad one and made it an ending, only 3 out of the 4 endings have actual names in the gamefiles, Heir, Legend and Reborn and those are the Arasaka, Rogue, and Solo endings.

There are absolutely no interactions with NPCs in this game, you get more interaction from NPC guards in Morrowind.

There aren't 100's of missions in the game to begin with...
A faction system makes perfect sense, it was all but confirmed in interviews and trailers and is actually in the game files.

Yeah one big deal legend that no one knows, talks or reacts too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom