Mentioned but missing features list

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
"So many options, so many possibilities, and each will have consequences that will ripple through the game world and your story, and that's just one quest...." :cool:

That line sold me on the game more so than the fact that they are the makers of Witcher 3. They really sell you customization and choices and being like the Tabletop game from early to late discussions and interviews, to early and later teasers and gameplay.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the hell out of this game, it's really good, and can only get better from here!

This. I had not followed CP2077 marketing in years. The last bit of marketing I saw was the 2018 trailer and I didn't remember it ever existing before it was posted a thousand times here. I went it with very little expectations.

I'm still not sure what to make of "this". Some are saying they saw the marketing and weren't.... greatly influenced by it. I often wonder if anyone saying this recogizes some people being critical of the game didn't buy into the marketing either.

What I don't get is a lot are saying they didn't even look at it. This is confusing because it's basically saying they bought the game without knowing anything about it beyond the setting and development studio. Let that sink in for a moment. It's kind of hard to be disappointed the milk you bought at the store is spoiled if you didn't bother to check the expiration date....

Come on, this sort of comment suggests CP77's only issue is it "lacks polish". This isn't a case of fixing a few bugs here or there. The game's buggier than an ant colony, and has performance issues to boot. And that's JUST the technical side. Then there are all the gameplay issues and missing content... this is NOT just a lack of polish!

The game made by a Polish developer and delayed three times for polishing lacks polish. Go figure :).

Haven't finished the game yet. So life path are just like origins in Dragon Age Origins, different intro and very few unique dialogues here and there?

Hope we get life paths unique missions as FLC.
This is nothing like Origins. Origins Had quest related to your background and people reacted and treated the character different depending on your background. There is nothing like that here. You literally only get different dialogue options that do nothing but offer V another way to say the same thing. I mean have you played the dwarf Origin and went back to Orzammar or city elf who goes back to the alienage? There are also quest that pop up during your journey, depending on your Origin. DA is way ahead of CP2077 when it comes to your background mattering within the story.

This is nothing like Origins. Origins Had quest related to your background and people reacted and treated the character different depending on your background. There is nothing like that here. You literally only get different dialogue options that do nothing but offer V another way to say the same thing. I mean have you played the dwarf Origin and went back to Orzammar or city elf who goes back to the alienage? There are also quest that pop up during your journey, depending on your Origin. DA is way ahead of CP2077 when it comes to your background mattering within the story.
I did only the human noble and the only unique thing I noticed was some dialogues with the man who murdered my familiy.

Ok, so it's less than Dragon Age, but more than Mass Effect, Pillars of Ethernity or other similar RPGs that let you choose your background.

I did only the human noble and the only unique thing I noticed was some dialogues with the man who murdered my familiy.

Ok, so it's less than Dragon Age, but more than Mass Effect, Pillars of Ethernity or other similar RPGs that let you choose your background.
Well that's why no one reacted to you in Origins. You played the vanilla character. No one treats or react differently to the human nobles, other than maybe the elves lol. Never played pillars myself, But I agree with the sentiment. In ME you only have 1 background mission in ME1 and no matter what you do, essentially everyone gets to the same ending no matter what choices you make.

Stop :LOL: The origins of Dragon Age, and lifepaths of Cyberpunk2077 are levels different. Your character and background are much more important to your story in one of those games than the other.

.....I believe CP2077 was supposed to be just as in-depth though :

Mass effect had nothing to the effect of lifepaths or origins. You're Shepard, that's it.

PoE doesn't have anything remotely close to lifepaths or origins. You choose a race but it doesn't define who you were, are or can be.

Let's compare apples to apples - DA's Origins and CP2077's Lifepaths systems. They can't even be compared in scope.

Rest of the post isn't aimed at Sommojames.

The problem is CDPR sold Lifepaths as meaningful when they are in fact meaningless. Completely and utterly. All you get are a few lines of dialogue that boil down to "V knows this facet of the world so skip a few dialogue choices and end up at the same end result you would've as another lifepath" and a 5 minute side quest that's just as meaningless.

Well that's why no one reacted to you in Origins. You played the vanilla character. No one treats or react differently to the human nobles, other than maybe the elves lol. Never played pillars myself, But I agree with the sentiment. In ME you only have 1 background mission in ME1 and no matter what you do, essentially everyone gets to the same ending no matter what choices you make.

ME1 was always a linear story driven action RPG that came out 13 years ago. It has A LOT of flaws the combat was terrible, the driving was almost as bad as CP 2077, the crafting system was meh and the exploration missions were land on an empty planet and there will be a pyramid somewhere with husks for no explained reason (tho a few had pirates in them).

However ME1 is a product of it's time and it's relatively short development cycle, pre-production on Mass Effect started in 2004, full production didn't happen until BioWare got an early version of the Unreal 3 engine somewhere in late 2005 early 2006, the most concrete date we have is that BW got the full engine and tooling from Epic around Feb 2006. The game came out in Nov 2007... Considering that the development window for ME1 was only about 18 months what we got was relatively magic.

Preproduction on CP2077 started in 2013, with full production starting around end of 2015-2016 with the winding down of the work on TW3. Whether or not the rumors that CDPR hasn't started full production before 2018 were true or not it doesn't matter, CDPR had all the time in the world to work on the game engine, their only were limited by their own promises, the fact that they accepted pre-orders for a generation of consoles that clearly wasn't suited for the game (especially considering that the base consoles still barely can run TW3 after years of fixes and optimizations) and their own hubris.

Also ME1 didn't promise a next generation open world interactive experience, BioWare was pretty darn honest with what the goal was for the game and that for it to be a story driven action game with RPG elements.

CDPR as recently as few months ago still touted the lifepaths as a central part of the game something that like all their other BS would have an actual impact on your playthrough and story progression as well as offering unique content and they were talking about hours not 5 minutes.

The only thing we got from the lifepaths is 5-15minutes in which the player is on rails, these are nothing more than playable cutscenes in which the player meets Jackie a character that depending on if you will do the side missions before doing the main ones or not dies within 30 minutes or so of you completing your life path.

The name is an oxymoron also, it's not a life path, there's no path, and it doesn't have an impact on your "life", I'm sure they intended that at some point, and I have a feeling that the unplanned Nomad ending was content cut and remixed into the game from the Nomad lifepath but what we got is well nothing.
Post automatically merged:

Wrong
there is only 1 ending and multiple different narration approaches. All endings end the same. You either die instantly. Or in 6 months.

Not exactly, there are generalized two endings, those in which V repeats the same mistakes that Johnny did in 2020 getting a bunch of his friends and even more innocents killed in a foolish attempt to try and stick it to the corporation and the one good ending when you don't become Johnny, don't throw a tantrum and don't get your friends and innocents killed and you at least get a chance to return when Takemura promises you a new body.

[Added spoiler tags in last quote.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Stop :LOL: The origins of Dragon Age, and lifepaths of Cyberpunk2077 are levels different. Your character and background are much more important to your story in one of those games than the other.

.....I believe CP2077 was supposed to be just as in-depth though :
Those 3 choices there would probably have led to a single dialogue variants at the very beginning and no different intro.
Post automatically merged:

But are there really 0 unique options based on lifepaths? I've only played chapter 1 with nomad and street kid. For example...

I've only played chapter 1 with nomad and street kid. With nomad I was able to discover who the Miltech mole is during "the pickup" by reading a mail from Mailstrom PC about "lost on arrival" package. Reading the same mail with street kid led to nothing because the street kid does not know what "lost on arrival" means. Now the Miltech lady thanked me and said she will pay me later. Let me guess, I will never see her again and she does not pay me?

Last edited:
i doubt they will add missing features common where do you live. They either:
* just patch things up like optimize a bit, splash fixes here and there and move on next title.
* on top of patches and fixes they will balance game, skills and probly adjust gameplay for sake of mp cash cow, but i think they are on fire.

Selling ANY story dlc / expansion now will backfire more than if they just moved to another title, as everyone will say that it was cut and is part of base game. And i won't blame these people.

CDPR outplayed themselves so pretty much any approach will be bad for them either from rep or business perspective, question which route they will go.

i doubt they will add missing features common where do you live. They either:
* just patch things up like optimize a bit, splash fixes here and there and move on next title.
* on top of patches and fixes they will balance game, skills and probly adjust gameplay for sake of mp cash cow, but i think they are on fire.

Selling ANY story dlc / expansion now will backfire more than if they just moved to another title, as everyone will say that it was cut and is part of base game. And i won't blame these people.

CDPR outplayed themselves so pretty much any approach will be bad for them either from rep or business perspective, question which route they will go.
Moving to next game without releasing the paid DLCs would not make sense after all they have spent on the base game. Sure, they may not sell much on PS4, but on PC the game was mostly well received. Just go to metacritic, 2/3 of the user reviews are score of 8,9 or 10.

Moving to next game without releasing the paid DLCs would not make sense after all they have spent on the base game. Sure, they may not sell much on PS4, but on PC the game was mostly well received. Just go to metacritic, 2/3 of the user reviews are score of 8,9 or 10.
such move will be treated as money grab nothing more. People who bought the game pissed about gameplay, ai, cut content. Releasing any PAID dlc will be treated as dick move and gamers will bring torches :D Right now a lot of people feel that this game was put on ripperdoc table and they gutted most of good stuff.

From business greedy perspective yes investors will force them to sell dlc, which will toilet their reputation even more. But lets see where it will go. IMO, moving on is safest ofc people will be angry for some time, but it will change in couple years.

such move will be treated as money grab nothing more. People who bought the game pissed about gameplay, ai, cut content. Releasing any PAID dlc will be treated as dick move and gamers will bring torches :D Right now a lot of people feel that this game was put on ripperdoc table and they gutted most of good stuff.

From business greedy perspective yes investors will force them to sell dlc, which will toilet their reputation even more. But lets see where it will go. IMO, moving on is safest ofc people will be angry for some time, but it will change in couple years.
Smart move would be Enhanced Edition for free with additonal features + story paid DLC.

Personally I would be pissed off if they do not expand the story.

Smart move would be Enhanced Edition for free with additonal features + story paid DLC.

Personally I would be pissed off if they do not expand the story.
Enhanced edition will cost them another year of development, so i doubt. Any dlc without lots of development will be like you went to restaurant and order something, but you got 1/3 of the dish and said if you want other 2/3 parts please pay us more. This will be an EA move

Enhanced edition will cost them another year of development, so i doubt. Any dlc without lots of development will be like you went to restaurant and order something, but you got 1/3 of the dish and said if you want other 2/3 parts please pay us more. This will be an EA move
We shall see, but they did Enhanced Edition in the past when they had much less resources at their disposal.

Race doesn't define a lot in dragon age origins, I played as a human and as a city elf, and you don't feel any type of racism against them in 99% of the game. The origins part is amazing, but after joining the gray wardens, everything is similar. It was one of the harshest criticism against this game a bit after it was released. I still have the original CD (not that I can to do anything with it because my current rig doesn't have a DVD reader)

Not in my opinion. They still delivered a game with dialog, animations, overall production quality far better than what we get in 95% of other games. The game is filled with potential. I don't feel betrayed because I expected not much of it, I know how to stay away from whatever hype studios build and then influencers milk to whatever end.

If there's something I hope people will take away from it, that's this specific point. Learn how to get some distance between what's advertised and what you should expect. And definitely learn that those youtubers or whatever you're following are just here for the money and will tell you what you need to hear to make easy clicks.
A few forums and some upvoting posts from reddit (mostly from people who didn't even play the game) merely represent the opinion of "millions of people". Social media has always been about the vocal minority. Most people just play and don't come talking about it on social medias.

Most people play the game, either like it or don't like it, and they just move on, without feeling as extreme as "betrayed", "cheated on" or whatever. In the real world, it's not all about "upvote"/"likes" or "downvote"/"dislikes", there are tons of shades of grey.

And as for review aggregators like Metacritic, we know how it's rigged by 10 or 0. So that isn't relevant either.

I've italicised the sections of your post that I find quite alarming.

Simply stating to one's self that all marketing is deceptive and should be ignored normalises the idea of deception. It states that deception is routine and that the deceived is at fault for expecting even the minutest verisimilitude with regard to advertising, marketing speak and even the words uttered by CEOs. Lies become virtue in that world.

If everyone knows that Metacritic can be rigged then why link bonuses to metacritic scores? If it is so easily rigged then could we not forsee possible dishonest practices there too? Perhaps by hiring a small team of review bombers to lower the score enough to cancel bonuses but not enough to affect sales would be a tactic that dishonest people could use. I.e. link bonuses to a 90% metacritic score but manipulate that score to 89% and dodge miilions in bonus payments. We are clearly dealing with a less than honest management and marketing team here, so is that tactic outside the realms of the possible? And should developers learn a lesson from that too?

All the early gameplay clearly states Work in Progress. Relentless complaining about transparency in the work in progress phase of dev is just going to condition them to share nothing with their audience.

If you're not having fun, then just get your refund and go play something else. Wallowing in negativity isn't going to help your enjoyment, and its not going to convince anyone to fundamentally change the game. Summing up an entire game experience with a 2 minute video cherry picking bad AI mechanics is lazy critique, and frankly we have a month's worth of hot takes like this on youtube already. Kicking a dead horse at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom