Mentioned but missing features list

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the bus maybe a misplaced asset from the end of the game. I have found some vehicles used in completed past missions elsewhere on the map. One I found was Judy’s van at the end of a dead end street and another was V’s fixed nomad car sitting in the petrochem parking lot. If you find one save the game then reload the game it removes it most of the time. Sometimes assets need to be preexisting on the map somewhere before they can be used in scenes.

You can leave Night city on a bus in Johnny's ending.

So the asset exists.

Used a Spoiler Tag to hide my wall-o-text.

- AMAZING AI that directs enemies during combat/patrol but also citizens and npcs' daily life
The quotes in your linked reddit post are about crowd systems, not enemy AI so far as I can tell. Their crowd system was described as similar but improved on what they did with Novigrad in TW3 (in a later quote you posted by Alvin Lui - I think Patrick Mills once said something similar). That's largely accurate. The city feels like a fairly busy city with lots of people in some places. Many of the NPCs (more than 1000) do in fact have daily routines. Now rando person on the street does not, but Claire, Panam, Rogue, Judy, etc, etc, do. See - https://www.vg247.com/2020/06/08/cyberpunk-2077-npcs-1000-daily-routines/. That does NOT mean randomly generated NPCs on the street have persistent routines.
- wanted system and corrupt police
There is a wanted system. It's not like it was promised to be Amazing by the Dev quoted in your article -

"I then asked Borzymowski what your options are when confronted by the law after committing a crime. "Your options are to run away, fight them and then run away, or fight them, fight them, fight them, and then die," he said. A short list of options at your disposal, then."

He also said "In Pacifica (one of the poorer areas) you could probably shoot someone, and if nobody would see then nobody would care. If you would do that in the City Center you would probably get some law enforcement. Because those areas are way more patrolled. The crowds will act and dress differently."

That also seems accurate. Your description of what he says seems inaccurate. If you run a muck in City Center you are more likely to be seen, and then the police come running in. In Pacifica the crowds are less.

There is at least one quest that I have come across that deals with corrupt police officers. It is true however that we can no longer bribe the random police officers who try to chase us down if we get caught breaking the law.

in general, way more interesting combat and hacking
I mean. That's not a very objective "cut" feature. I'm not really sure how you're quantifying way more interesting. The gameplay shown looks a lot like the most interesting parts of a current playthrough of the Netwatch agent mission.
Some examples are the ability to use your wire to hack people
Yes monowire doesn't reach out to hack people anymore, but I'm not sure what gameplay benefit that would give us in the current system anyways sense we can already remote hack pretty much everything.
hacking reveales information about the network, more interesting viruses to upload, more loot from hacked devices.
Your link for this one is dead, so I'm not sure which video you're referring to. However yes hacking definitely changed a fair bit between 2018 and launch. I think the hacking looks pretty accurate compared to the 2019 demo that was shown. A few things have changed, and a few things have different names, but it's very similar.
more interesting gameplay, for example: trauma team that plays a key role, freequent flying avs, ads that target the player point to the merchant that sells that product, merch could be pre-viewed before purchase
- I've had Trauma Team show up several times in my game. They're definitely a part of the world. Not sure what you mean by "key role" - I don't
- Frequent flying AVs - I've seen a bunch of them in the game. It was confirmed in 2018 that we could not drive them, and that V would only be in one potentially in a couple specific story moments. That's accurate.
- Ads that target V - I think you can hear ads trying to attract V's attention from time to time. Regardless, this is a very small feature.
- Merch being pre-viewed before purchase would 100% be a nice feature to be added back in. Not sure why they cut it. Small thing, but I too would like it back in.
Strong RPG elements
The exact quote is "I think people tend to forget that Cyberpunk 2077 is an RPG first and foremost. Right? So customization and equipment choices, making choices in the skills you have, the talents, how your character looks, how you choose dialogue, it's the center stage of this experience. I think some people look at this game and think "Oh man, it's first-person and has guns! It's a shooter!" and that's a very surface-level assessment *chuckles* I think in many ways, it's a much, much deeper roleplaying experience than The Witcher 3."

All of that is true. It is a much deeper progression system than TW3 had. TW3 just had a pretty basic perk tree. Cyberpunk has 3 different systems including stats you level up, skills you improve through using them (and are gated by stats) and perks that you invest points in (and are gated by stats).

Those are strong RPG systems compared to TW3.

NPC unique daily routine and AI
As stated above, over 1000 of the NPCs do have some form daily routines where they do different things and/or are at different places at different times of day. It's just not the random ones on the street.

Quest decisions will have relevance in the world
Our decisions impact who is in charge of Arasaka, whether the Nomads can return to prosperity, who is in charge of Clouds, whether a bunch of the main characters are alive and/or well, whether Jackie's body is honored or scalped by Arasaka, whether Samurai gets back together one last time, whether the potentially future Mayor Peralez knows that corporations are trying to insidiously influence everything he perceives, and etc. Our choices definitely have relevance in the world.
Meaningful day and night cycle (right now it's just cosmetic and doesn't impact the gameplay):
Day/Night Cycle does appear to impact who is out and about in the City. It definitely impacts when quests are available which is one of the best pacing controls for the game. You can do a lot of side quests between 10:00 am and 7:00 pm. if you don't choose to just skip the time.
Incredible character customization during creation / in-game
This is subjective. It's one of my favorite character customization systems in an action RPG. There are a ton of options, and the results by and large look very good for my photomode shots. In-game there are a bunch of gear and cyberware options that impact gameplay. The ankle upgrades for jumping have a huge impact on navigating levels.
Use of drones for more than just some missions in the game
I think by "drones" you mean the flathead right? Flathead was confirmed to be out other than in certain story missions more than six months prior to release at E3 2020. It was said to be cut, if I recall correctly, because the flathead largely just duplicated things V herself could already do herself via hacking skill tree, so it was seen as redundant and cut.
three different lifepaths and more that would actually have more impact than what we are getting now

to add on the previous point, lifepaths leading to non-linear quest design
The life path system was confirmed to have be reduced from a "pick 3 of 9 options" to a "pick 1 of 3 options" as far back as E3 2019. Lifepaths have sense that time largely been said to be unique prologues with unique quests, and then once we're in the main game unique dialogues that can impact how we navigate our interactions with NPCs. That's all still there. I did that interview with Philipp Weber referenced in your link, he's talking about conversations the different narratives through dialogue that can be offered with V's choices based on lifepath. The quote:

"The lifepaths are actually one of my favorite features, because they just give us more roleplaying opportunities. A nomad can of course solve some problems much better than a corpo, but put him into a board room and he might not really have the best way to lead a conversation the way he wants to.

So when we come up with challenges, we also like to think how different lifepaths could solve them effectively. This will hopefully give players lots of motivation to play the game multiple times, because they can have a completely new experience. "

That's the quote. That's 100% still in the game. Now the gaming website you linked went further and speculated that maybe that means completely different branching paths for different lifepaths ... but that speculation is not at all what Weber actually said. When he's talking about non-linear quests, he's specifically referring to gameplay options from the fluid class system allowing for non-linear level design within quests. Which is definitely there. One of the systems makes the dialogue less linear, and the other makes the level traversal and interaction less linear. Both make the quests less linear.

Nanowire and gorilla arms have a lot of different uses that are still in the description of the item
Yep. Hopefully they fix Gorilla Arms in a patch, seems borked to me currently. Monowire (as I stated before) seems about as fun as it would be even with the extra feature.

- Runs very well on last gen consoles (source NOT needed)

- The game will launch when it's ready (source NOT needed)
Yep they definitely should have not said that at the November conference and just delayed the game on base last-gen consoles (at least PS4) IMO. Would have been a different kind of storm, and maybe just as bad, but would have been the more consumer-friendly option. No defense for this one.
I don't feel this is a broken promise, rather an aspect of the game that we would love to have had implemented).
Agreed. It would be nice if there was an option to view some braindances in Vs apartment for those who want it. However in-game it would be a pretty passive experience and would effectively just be like watching TV for us the players. Not sure if that's worth the opportunity cost for other systems and potential content.
Challenging weather system that would pose a threat to your survival
Yeah that was cut. Would be pretty annoying though so I'm glad it was. Radiation storms in Fallout 4 were more of an annoyance than anything actually interesting.
However sources say there are very very few options for ONS and/or deep romances (this article summarizes what was expected
There are 4 main potential romances, and a few other one night stand type encounters.
- Properties purchase and customization options
- Transportation system
- Scaling walls
- Vehicle customization
Yeah, like the flathead, hacking and lifepath changes you mentioned, all of these were shown or said by CDPR to have changed well in advance of launch.

TL;DR: A bunch of these features (flathead, hacking, lifepaths, scaling walls, vehicle customization, subways, apartments, braindances) were already confirmed to be the way they are at launch well in advance of launch. Those I can't really be upset about being no longer there, because they were disclosed well before launch.

Of those that remain, a lot of the "missing" content is based on very subjective criteria. Several of the ones mentioned I don't think are missing at all compared to what was said by devs. I think the game is very much an aRPG with deep systems, has a great customization system, and has fun combat for an open world aRPG. The police/wanted system is largely as it was described in the interviews I read. The crowd system is much better than TW3, and there are more than 1000 persistent NPCs with some form of daily routines/schedules in Night City. The day / night cycle does impact who is around and when quests can be started.

However, some of the remaining ones are definitely cut stuff. Most of them I'm okay with. A few I am not (most egregiously base consoles being said to be "good" and not being delayed to improve performance when they were ready). Gorilla Arms need to be fixed. It would be very nice to have the ability to see V try on clothes in stores.

Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Alright I know they said vehicle customization will be cut for some reason, but they should really restore it in a DLC or patch. There's a whole unused garage interior for car mods with ambient sounds near Victor's shop and other areas

Used a Spoiler Tag to hide my wall-o-text.

The quotes in your linked reddit post are about crowd systems, not enemy AI so far as I can tell. Their crowd system was described as similar but improved on what they did with Novigrad in TW3 (in a later quote you posted by Alvin Lui - I think Patrick Mills once said something similar). That's largely accurate. The city feels like a fairly busy city with lots of people in some places. Many of the NPCs (more than 1000) do in fact have daily routines. Now rando person on the street does not, but Claire, Panam, Rogue, Judy, etc, etc, do. See - https://www.vg247.com/2020/06/08/cyberpunk-2077-npcs-1000-daily-routines/. That does NOT mean randomly generated NPCs on the street have persistent routines.

There is a wanted system. It's not like it was promised to be Amazing by the Dev quoted in your article -

"I then asked Borzymowski what your options are when confronted by the law after committing a crime. "Your options are to run away, fight them and then run away, or fight them, fight them, fight them, and then die," he said. A short list of options at your disposal, then."

He also said "In Pacifica (one of the poorer areas) you could probably shoot someone, and if nobody would see then nobody would care. If you would do that in the City Center you would probably get some law enforcement. Because those areas are way more patrolled. The crowds will act and dress differently."

That also seems accurate. Your description of what he says seems inaccurate. If you run a muck in City Center you are more likely to be seen, and then the police come running in. In Pacifica the crowds are less.

There is at least one quest that I have come across that deals with corrupt police officers. It is true however that we can no longer bribe the random police officers who try to chase us down if we get caught breaking the law.

I mean. That's not a very objective "cut" feature. I'm not really sure how you're quantifying way more interesting. The gameplay shown looks a lot like the most interesting parts of a current playthrough of the Netwatch agent mission.

Yes monowire doesn't reach out to hack people anymore, but I'm not sure what gameplay benefit that would give us in the current system anyways sense we can already remote hack pretty much everything.

Your link for this one is dead, so I'm not sure which video you're referring to. However yes hacking definitely changed a fair bit between 2018 and launch. I think the hacking looks pretty accurate compared to the 2019 demo that was shown. A few things have changed, and a few things have different names, but it's very similar.

- I've had Trauma Team show up several times in my game. They're definitely a part of the world. Not sure what you mean by "key role" - I don't
- Frequent flying AVs - I've seen a bunch of them in the game. It was confirmed in 2018 that we could not drive them, and that V would only be in one potentially in a couple specific story moments. That's accurate.
- Ads that target V - I think you can hear ads trying to attract V's attention from time to time. Regardless, this is a very small feature.
- Merch being pre-viewed before purchase would 100% be a nice feature to be added back in. Not sure why they cut it. Small thing, but I too would like it back in.

The exact quote is "I think people tend to forget that Cyberpunk 2077 is an RPG first and foremost. Right? So customization and equipment choices, making choices in the skills you have, the talents, how your character looks, how you choose dialogue, it's the center stage of this experience. I think some people look at this game and think "Oh man, it's first-person and has guns! It's a shooter!" and that's a very surface-level assessment *chuckles* I think in many ways, it's a much, much deeper roleplaying experience than The Witcher 3."

All of that is true. It is a much deeper progression system than TW3 had. TW3 just had a pretty basic perk tree. Cyberpunk has 3 different systems including stats you level up, skills you improve through using them (and are gated by stats) and perks that you invest points in (and are gated by stats).

Those are strong RPG systems compared to TW3.

As stated above, over 1000 of the NPCs do have some form daily routines where they do different things and/or are at different places at different times of day. It's just not the random ones on the street.

Our decisions impact who is in charge of Arasaka, whether the Nomads can return to prosperity, who is in charge of Clouds, whether a bunch of the main characters are alive and/or well, whether Jackie's body is honored or scalped by Arasaka, whether Samurai gets back together one last time, whether the potentially future Mayor Peralez knows that corporations are trying to insidiously influence everything he perceives, and etc. Our choices definitely have relevance in the world.

Day/Night Cycle does appear to impact who is out and about in the City. It definitely impacts when quests are available which is one of the best pacing controls for the game. You can do a lot of side quests between 10:00 am and 7:00 pm. if you don't choose to just skip the time.

This is subjective. It's one of my favorite character customization systems in an action RPG. There are a ton of options, and the results by and large look very good for my photomode shots. In-game there are a bunch of gear and cyberware options that impact gameplay. The ankle upgrades for jumping have a huge impact on navigating levels.

I think by "drones" you mean the flathead right? Flathead was confirmed to be out other than in certain story missions more than six months prior to release at E3 2020. It was said to be cut, if I recall correctly, because the flathead largely just duplicated things V herself could already do herself via hacking skill tree, so it was seen as redundant and cut.

The life path system was confirmed to have be reduced from a "pick 3 of 9 options" to a "pick 1 of 3 options" as far back as E3 2019. Lifepaths have sense that time largely been said to be unique prologues with unique quests, and then once we're in the main game unique dialogues that can impact how we navigate our interactions with NPCs. That's all still there. I did that interview with Philipp Weber referenced in your link, he's talking about conversations the different narratives through dialogue that can be offered with V's choices based on lifepath. The quote:

"The lifepaths are actually one of my favorite features, because they just give us more roleplaying opportunities. A nomad can of course solve some problems much better than a corpo, but put him into a board room and he might not really have the best way to lead a conversation the way he wants to.

So when we come up with challenges, we also like to think how different lifepaths could solve them effectively. This will hopefully give players lots of motivation to play the game multiple times, because they can have a completely new experience. "

That's the quote. That's 100% still in the game. Now the gaming website you linked went further and speculated that maybe that means completely different branching paths for different lifepaths ... but that speculation is not at all what Weber actually said. When he's talking about non-linear quests, he's specifically referring to gameplay options from the fluid class system allowing for non-linear level design within quests. Which is definitely there. One of the systems makes the dialogue less linear, and the other makes the level traversal and interaction less linear. Both make the quests less linear.

Yep. Hopefully they fix Gorilla Arms in a patch, seems borked to me currently. Monowire (as I stated before) seems about as fun as it would be even with the extra feature.

Yep they definitely should have not said that at the November conference and just delayed the game on base last-gen consoles (at least PS4) IMO. Would have been a different kind of storm, and maybe just as bad, but would have been the more consumer-friendly option. No defense for this one.

Agreed. It would be nice if there was an option to view some braindances in Vs apartment for those who want it. However in-game it would be a pretty passive experience and would effectively just be like watching TV for us the players. Not sure if that's worth the opportunity cost for other systems and potential content.

Yeah that was cut. Would be pretty annoying though so I'm glad it was. Radiation storms in Fallout 4 were more of an annoyance than anything actually interesting.

There are 4 main potential romances, and a few other one night stand type encounters.

Yeah, like the flathead, hacking and lifepath changes you mentioned, all of these were shown or said by CDPR to have changed well in advance of launch.

TL;DR: A bunch of these features (flathead, hacking, lifepaths, scaling walls, vehicle customization, subways, apartments, braindances) were already confirmed to be the way they are at launch well in advance of launch. Those I can't really be upset about being no longer there, because they were disclosed well before launch.

Of those that remain, a lot of the "missing" content is based on very subjective criteria. Several of the ones mentioned I don't think are missing at all compared to what was said by devs. I think the game is very much an aRPG with deep systems, has a great customization system, and has fun combat for an open world aRPG. The police/wanted system is largely as it was described in the interviews I read. The crowd system is much better than TW3, and there are more than 1000 persistent NPCs with some form of daily routines/schedules in Night City. The day / night cycle does impact who is around and when quests can be started.

However, some of the remaining ones are definitely cut stuff. Most of them I'm okay with. A few I am not (most egregiously base consoles being said to be "good" and not being delayed to improve performance when they were ready). Gorilla Arms need to be fixed. It would be very nice to have the ability to see V try on clothes in stores.

Just my two cents.

I get that. Really.

But I think the situation we have here, is one where many things were said in highly publicized interviews and videos, while what was changed somehow fell through the cracks that many people were unaware of. Definitely not CDPR's fault. It's not their burden to insure that every fan who saw the 2018 interview that mentioned features that were later cut, were informed when the changes were announced later.

That said:

A lot of the things that were cut, seem to be things that were what many would consider "time saver" cuts. And any gamer who's been around the block for a while, knows that many of these types of cuts are made because the full feature is unfinished, and couldn't be finished in time for a "hard" launch date. It's a pretty common occurrence, and often why many modders eventually find bits and pieces of this unfinished content in the game files, and either finish them to release as mods, or use the assets in a variety of other ways in mods that have little or nothing to do with the originally intended use of those assets.

And I think this could actually be beneficial to CDPR. They've already stated they'd like to support the modding community. So do it. Develop and release a modified dev kit (that restricts modification of the games engine and other critical systems), and let modders have at it. Believe me, a vast majority of this alleged "cut content" WILL find it's way into the game through modders if enough of the content's assets are there to work with. Some will even if they aren't.

One only need look through Skyrim's 65k+ mods and 1.8 BILLION downloads (not including the SE version), and Fallout 4's 35k+ mods and 700 MILLION+ downloads to see how they add to replayability and longevity in popularity of the games that support them.

This game could easily surpass them both. Combined.

The problem is, Bethesda engine was made to support modding from the beginning. CDPR engine is not. Just look at TW3 nexus mods, and compare it to Skyrim or Fallout nexus. Most of TW3 mods are basic tweaks and retextures, I wouldn't even call them mods in the true sense of the word.

So I'm not holding my breath. Adding modding capability to match that of Bethesda games is not a trivial task. Especially for programmers who managed to limit save files to 8MB until the recent patch.

i think the daily routine would be complete overkill for that many npcs
and it would never run on console hardware

acid rain would be annoying

limiting quickhacks to the nanowire would suck

the braindance mechanic is fantastic. they are fun, viasually stunning and they play key roles in the story.
and there are plenty thoughout the game

the romances options are are by far the best in any video game

you can technically aquire new apartments
but it would be cool if v could sleep at judy´s place after she asks her to move in

a functional subway system would be really cool, but i dont want developers to crunch even harder just to add another feature.
its probably a challange to make it work properly on console hardware as well.

wall-running sounds interesting but not essential. it would require to a huge amount of time and effort to polish the massive level to make work properly.
its reasonable to cut this feature instead of delaying the game further

vehicle customisation is imho nice to have but not essential
i love my black caliburn and scorpion´s bike

i would love to see some of those cut features return in upcoming dlcs

i get that people are angry because of poor management descisions and misleading marketing.
but more features (in the base game) would have meant more crunch and/or delays at this point.

im strongly opposed to crunch and i want the people who work so hard to create this game fell in love with to be treated like human beings

Is it OK to advertise game with misleading information?

Here's one example. In one of the trailers V is shooting from the car. The truth is that you actually cannot shoot the same time if you are driving. Also everytime where is a shootout in a car. It's more like a well written script where the cars are always going the same trail, crashing on same spots and NPC's are killed only when the game let's them to die.

Capture.JPG

Honestly my main gripes with this game are;

-Monowire can't hack and is a blunt weapon which levels street brawler. Like what??? You showed us it could hack on the Deep Dive more than a year back and now it's not even mentioned anywhere in the game? What's more it's a blunt weapon, seriously? What part of a 'mono-molecular wire' is blunt? That shit is sharper than anything we currently have IRL!

-Bad RNG stats for weapons and armor. Like, ok CDPR I know that TW3 was great and I enjoyed it a lot but it makes no sense to just copy paste the loot system onto Cyberpunk. Swords and plate armor? All handmade, even the best blacksmith will produce slightly different results every time he makes anything. But this is a post-industrial world! You're seriously telling me mass produced and machine assembled gear has a high variability in quality?

-Speaking of armor, who greenlit the armor values for subdermal armor? Who the hell is going to undergo surgery to gain a measly 50 armor points? There are tank tops with more armor rating scattered throughout the world! Again, why o why did you think it'd be a good idea to copy paste TW3 loot system into this game? I have three copies of the same pair of shoes and they all have different aror rating, what's more something I picked up off the street and wear on my feet is better at keeping me alive than highly advanced subdermal armor which (ostensibly) covers my vitals! Wtf???

-Lifepaths become practically irrelevant 20 mins into any playthrough. The only exception to this is the Streetkid who can access the rest of NC before The Heist through the Coyote Cojo fast travel point, AND I'M SURE THIS WASN'T EVEN INTENDED. Yeah, extra dialogue options are nice but that's not proper characterization and you know it CDPR, you're way too good at storytelling for me to believe you actually think lifepaths as they are now impact the way we play the game in any meaningful way.

Listen, I'm willing to overlook bugs and bad optimization in the face of the disruption from the pandemic and last gen consoles showing their age but come on, this is not the game we were promised at all!
Mono wire does not longer hack because you can hack anything even without it. They probably realized it was a bad idea in the first place to lock hacking behind a single weapon (or stealth, as seen in 2018 demo). Now it is a balanced melee weapons that had a unique mechanic. Does lower DPS than mantis blades, but can to area damage.

Not arguing with the rest since I mostly agree.

Is it OK to advertise game with misleading information?

Here's one example. In one of the trailers V is shooting from the car. The truth is that you actually cannot shoot the same time if you are driving. Also everytime where is a shootout in a car. It's more like a well written script where the cars are always going the same trail, crashing on same spots and NPC's are killed only when the game let's them to die.

View attachment 11130782
Well if you're selling a turd you're not gonna tell people it's a turd, you're gonna tell them it's a chocolate doughnut. Then when people eat the turd, some people will be pissed that they were sold a chocolate doughnut but got a turd, some people will eat the turd but won't be able to admit they ate a turd and not a doughnut and so they'll also pretend the turd is a doughnut and others won't know the difference between a chocolate doughnut and turd anyway.

But no, it's not ok.

I can certainly see why removal of some of these features was needed for a smoother gameplay (wallrunning, wall scaling). But some of those cuts are clearly to the detriment of the final product (life paths, subway / train, apartments, braindances).

I can also understand why the hacking got changed to what it is now, but it really does feel... less than was originally advertised. Rather than having VERY unique playstyles depending on the build, you essentially have a jack of all trades V that can excel with a specific weapon group / approach (but can still do anything else too). Admittedly, this fits better into the action-adventure tag that's now applied (not to mention the extremely linear story), but at the same time CDPR did confirm numerous times that CP77 will be an RPG, and NOT a futuristic GTA. The further we move away from the RPG definition and closer to the action-adventure, the less defensible the comparisons to GTA become.

And finally - the game's a mess of old assets left behind from when those various mechanics were still in the game. You get a BD player that you can't use. You can buy BDs that you can't use. There's a human shield perk that... doesn't work. The various items (mantis blades, wire) have invalid descriptors. Whatever happened at CDPR, it seems to be the equivalent of going to the doctor with a toothache, and going out with no foot and missing 3 toes, without 6 fingers, missing 3 teeth... whilst still having the toothache you originally had.

Whatever happened at CDPR, it seems to be the equivalent of going to the doctor with a toothache, and going out with no foot and missing 3 toes, without 6 fingers, missing 3 teeth... whilst still having the toothache.
They cut out so much, took so many shortcuts, used so many cheats and still ended up with a steaming pile of what is supposed to constitute a game.

What an embarrassment.

Hardest hitting one is runs well on consoles, they even had to add "also PLAYS GREAT on ps5 XSX"

sheesh

Excellent write up OP. Where is the communication from CDPR on this? I want a roadmap like 343 did with Master Chief Collection on PC. I want all these promised features added back in FOR FREE. These liars are despicable. Never seen such a half assed ameteur take on a video game like this. GTA 3 does many of the open world things better than this lame game.

I really don't think they do anything beyond bug fixes, some performance increases, and a few free items/quests. Then its on to DLC that will function the same way as the base game. Mark my words!
Post automatically merged:

Everything that was advertised please. All the suggestion and implications that these teasers give.
Watching this makes me so angry. The things they show and say its all straight up lies. Gang wars they show the map and influence of each gang dynamically changing like you can actually do that in this barebones ass game. Shame on them.

The problem is, Bethesda engine was made to support modding from the beginning. CDPR engine is not. Just look at TW3 nexus mods, and compare it to Skyrim or Fallout nexus. Most of TW3 mods are basic tweaks and retextures, I wouldn't even call them mods in the true sense of the word.

So I'm not holding my breath. Adding modding capability to match that of Bethesda games is not a trivial task. Especially for programmers who managed to limit save files to 8MB until the recent patch.

True.

I didn't mean to presume that building a tool kit would be a "trivial" task. Just a highly beneficial one that would serve to be worthwhile given the game's extremely high potential. It would obviously require the engine's development staff to achieve.

Yeah, it's sad and it also makes me angry. I mean I haven't watched the 2018 trailer. I just want those things that were shown in the night city wire and the official "gameplay" trailer.

I mean, I rewatched it and it makes me laugh (3:53): "What is in your had, can shift the balance of power in night city. The high and mighty will do anything to lay their hands on it".

Excuse me?

No one gives a shit about the chip in V's head. Arasaka didn't track V down or something. Nothing. And yeah, nice that I can shift the balance of power in the very end, but my V can not explore this "shifted" city.

And yeah, the rest from 3:53 is at least false marketing, misleading, or even a straight out lie.

The trailer suggests that e.g.:
  • My choices matter
  • That I can spend my “dirty” money for my room or fun stuff
  • That style has an impact
  • I can choose who is by my side
As you can see not all these things are a straight-up lie: Yes some (even if very rare) choices matter, but most of the dialogue-options led to the same outcome. And yes, I can “choose” to have a relationship with someone (but I cannot choose between for example river and another man as a straight female. Same for males. Every sexual orientation has one “romance-partner”, so I don’t know if we can call this “choose”).

But that pictures that they show when they say: “Choosing how you spent your dirty money..” showing an empty room which later has furniture and stuff and the rollercoaster ride. I mean common. That makes me speechless.

Sorry if someone mentioned this before. But I really want the Open-world RPG (!!!) that was advertised.

Last edited:
And yeah, the rest from 3:53 is at least false marketing, misleading, or even a straight out lie.
Exactly! It was a lie and they knew it. After all, these are not videos of 2018, not 2019. No, this video was made just before the release!
At this point, EVERYONE in the studio knew what the final version of this game looked like. All of them, from managers to quest designers, knew they were lying to you. And none of them, even anonymously, said that there was a global deception! Billions of dollars of fraud. Nobody blabbed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom