Mentioned but missing features list

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's one of my favorites. The music video part is silly but the dude seems to fancy himself an entertainer and comedian so I imagine that's his thing.

Edit: Removing my comment.

Kinda sad and embarassing to see this.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed the video.

Fans might think it's scathing... well, it is. But CDPR would do well to heed the sentiment in it.

When I saw the list of features the game was supposed to have the first thing that entered my mind was "How many of these features are not going to make it into the final product and for what reasons?" and when I thought that I stopped paying any attention to anything that was to do with the game. The result of that decision is that, surprisingly enough, I am not disappointed in the game, probably because I did not let myself get overhyped about it and when everything started to get cut from the game, or in my opinion delayed for DLC, I was not upset about it.

As far as I am concerned we play games to have fun and get away from the real world for a couple of hours. If a feature i believe is a must have gets cut from the game I have let myself get pulled away from the aspect of fun, as a result i deserve to be disappointed. But this is just my opinion.
Just in case it has not been asked yet, could you please share the list you are referring to?

Please and thank you.

I'm willing to bet most of these missing features are either sitting in the 'not started' or 'in progress' category of their backlog.

Having been in product development myself I've seen my fair share of either not including a feature in a release or throwing in a janky workaround and shipping it.

For me, the very first thing that stuck with me when I played the game was how you had to activate mirrors to use them. It always seemed weird to me and I had suspected there was a 'not enough time, just put a quick fix in and ship it' reason. Now that 3rd person view mods are popping up, I feel like that suspicion came true.

Finally a thread that shows the real problem of the game. Not the bugs or graphic downgrades or fps drops. But the fact half the content we were promised just isnt there. And all we get is updates for the bugs. Why is nobody talking about the features that are missing. Like atleast give a statement that you know stuff is missing and if it will be added or not

People are, and they have to listen to us. Especially the real fans on this forum, because why else would we be in this forum rn? why does it exist?. They won't please everyone, but if they don't make this game better. I won't be preordering or jumping the gun like this again. Atleast Bioware makes a mistake and are like OH crap we are sorry, we will make a better game. CDPR HAS TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS, HAS TOO.

Mono wire does not longer hack because you can hack anything even without it. They probably realized it was a bad idea in the first place to lock hacking behind a single weapon (or stealth, as seen in 2018 demo).

I feel with a little work they could still have made it work. Quickhacking, even as it is now depends on the "upload time" mechanic which is basically just a gauge filling up at variable speeds depending on the hack, your perks and the target's level. So just remove the mods for phys/shock/heat/tox damage and allow us to put offensive quickhacks in that slot; while definitely retaining the ability to stagger enemies so what it's not completely useless in melee but still oriented towards Netrunning. Now every time you hit a target a little bit of the gauge fills up, you hit them again and it fills up some more, hell, you don't even have to get rid of the charge up mechanic which is, to be completely honest, rather underwhelming right now. Instead the charged monowire could immediately fill up the gauge in a single strike, or maybe even automatically breach protocol without needing to put in the codes if the devs are feeling ballsy.
Idk man, it just feels like such a wasted opportunity, and what's more it will probably never get addressed.

Hyena on art by Johan Gonzalez.
Hyenas on the official poster, which you can buy from the CDPR store.
Hyena in toys.
Hyena in the official artbook.

Hyenas are everywhere and wherever Woodboys is. There must have been at least one hyena in the game!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-03 Voodooboys_artbook_pg2 webp (Изображение WEBP, 1000 × 723 пикселов).png
    Screenshot_2021-01-03 Voodooboys_artbook_pg2 webp (Изображение WEBP, 1000 × 723 пикселов).png
    1 MB · Views: 263
  • 08f48b6e915c4543832392213e6a1dbb.png
    08f48b6e915c4543832392213e6a1dbb.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 242
  • b738a40fa5e13dbb1c0e84bf5ac9b439.jpg
    b738a40fa5e13dbb1c0e84bf5ac9b439.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 235
  • Eicxc8LXgAETliA.jpg
    Eicxc8LXgAETliA.jpg
    415 KB · Views: 221
I feel with a little work they could still have made it work. Quickhacking, even as it is now depends on the "upload time" mechanic which is basically just a gauge filling up at variable speeds depending on the hack, your perks and the target's level. So just remove the mods for phys/shock/heat/tox damage and allow us to put offensive quickhacks in that slot; while definitely retaining the ability to stagger enemies so what it's not completely useless in melee but still oriented towards Netrunning. Now every time you hit a target a little bit of the gauge fills up, you hit them again and it fills up some more, hell, you don't even have to get rid of the charge up mechanic which is, to be completely honest, rather underwhelming right now. Instead the charged monowire could immediately fill up the gauge in a single strike, or maybe even automatically breach protocol without needing to put in the codes if the devs are feeling ballsy.
Idk man, it just feels like such a wasted opportunity, and what's more it will probably never get addressed.
Another idea I was just having reading your post.

What about:
1) wi-fi hacking --> as of now
2) wired hacking --> easier to bypass hacking defenses / resistances

They took over the subway, that why you cant ride the trains.

I remember when we heard you that couldn't buy apartments describing how it was disappointing we couldnt have a penthouse and customize it to house our cyber-animal menagerie.

Are there any cheetahs?

I love that cover.

There's some fans of THE HANGOVER on this game or SAINTS ROW. Because I really wanted a SAINTS ROW 3 esque quests where you drive around with a cheetah.

But two other things cut from the game?

1. THE ORBITAL SPACE CENTER
1610022415028.png

2. Cut Content Mansion

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom