Merchants of Ofir Expansion Is Live!

+

DRK3

Forum veteran
It's a bit strange that this new update was released but the season is still Mahakam. Will it be tomorrow that we get another update, with new seasonal mode and seasonal tree?

Also noticed now you can buy faction kegs on the shop (with ore or money). I had so much trouble getting those for my keg collection and now they're just easy to get, but i guess this will help out some.

CLAIM YOUR FREE MERCHANTS OF OFIR KEG

Log in to the game before December 16th, 11:59 AM CET, to claim a free Merchants of Ofir keg, granting you 5 cards from the expansion, including a guaranteed rare or better card!

I didn't receive my free keg. Should we wait because it just takes some time to process or no one did yet, or is this a bug?

Still no change for Enraged Ifrit? It's a budget version of One-Eyed Betsy, yet provision is the same XD

What's the point of keeping such a card in game?

"van" is usually (and in Witcherverse's case, always) written by lowercase. Every "Van Moorlehem" should be "van Moorlehem" instead.

Still no change for Enraged Ifrit? It's a budget version of One-Eyed Betsy, yet provision is the same XD

What's the point of keeping such a card in game?

It's just power creep that's running rampant in the game. Look at Regis: Bloodlust. These are niche cards, not used much at all and when the popularity of armored card goes down Betsy won't be worth more than Regis or Ifrit. With Roach being in every Nilfgaard deck with Assire, Regis seemed to be an upgrade compared to Ifrit. Now you don't see Regis AT ALL. They will address it eventually, don't worry.

So... How do us console players get our free keg? Or do we maybe get full collection as compensation for all The times we have Been treated as 2nd class players????

DRK3

Forum veteran
I've played a few matches only, and ive only tried the new SK crow archetype and its amazing.

However, the powercreep is real - the new scenarios cards are INSANE. Ive played SK and seen SC, and they generate ridiculous amount of points. Ive seen my SC Elf opponent do a +30pt swing in one turn WITHOUT leader ability.

(EDIT) It seems the solution to the dominance of dwarves? Making elves even more bloody powerful...

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Im starting to think Gwent's developer team is also off-balanced:

On one side, we have the card artwork department, that does an amazing job everytime, but works too quickly for the gameplay department to catch up, hence these expansions so close to each other, due to pressure from one side that is already done while the other still needs to manage calibrating the old with designing the new.

• Pitfall Trap ability changed to: Ambush: After your opponent plays a card, split damage equal to its provision cost between all enemy units.
Why do you keep changing things? There was nothing wrong with Pitfall Trap, do you even have time to play your own game?

• Pitfall Trap ability changed to: Ambush: After your opponent plays a card, split damage equal to its provision cost between all enemy units.
Why do you keep changing things? There was nothing wrong with Pitfall Trap, do you even have time to play your own game?
I agree on this one. Traps are barely playable as it is, and this was a key card to play, usually before the other player plays his last hitting card.

Top Bottom