Meredith's Militech Shard fund transfer broken (after patch 1.2)

+
I kept the shard with myself and just killed Royce. Before 1.2 patch, I could just transfer the funds to myself and cash $10,000 from it. With patch 1.2, this is no longer possible. What I found worrying is that CDPR claims the funds was not downloadable before 1.2 according to patch notes, which is a lie. I used it myself before 1.2 without issue. Now, it no longer gives me the funds.

Bug Demonstration

Save File Download Link

EDIT: Adding the mentioned patch notes (found from Patch 1.2 — list of changes - Cyberpunk 2077 — from the creators of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)
  • It's now possible to download eddies from cracked Militech's shard if it was not used during The Pickup.

Last edited:
Through all the years, i've seen patches which break some things here and there which were working plenty times, and i've seen patches which stated they fix something but actually failed at fixing it, but to have _both_ those things in the same time on a same feature?

Now that's a first. :D

msxyz

Forum regular
I can confirm that it was possible to keep the shard and get the money afterwards. I The money is useful, early in the game, to pay off the debt with Vic (a quest) since at the beginning scaled items are worth next to nothing. That they say it wasn't possible before is not true, unless, in some rare cases, this was bugged.

Well, absolutely nothing happens when I click on it. I cracked it BEFORE speaking to Royce, maybe that's the problem?

Well, absolutely nothing happens when I click on it. I cracked it BEFORE speaking to Royce, maybe that's the problem?

You haven't the option to "transfert money" ?
If the shard is in your inventory and you "cracked" it, normally it's good. It's same options as "consume" or "dismantle", but named "transfert" ;)
(don't know the key binding on PC, but on XBSX, it's "A" and "dismantle" it's "Y")

What the OP is saying is that in previous iterations of the game, you did not have to go into your inventory to download the funds. They were automatically transferred after you cracked the shard's security.

The patch notes are a little misleading. They don't say anything about going into your inventory to access the eddies.

I just started a new bug tracking game and I will test this out tomorrow morning (It's almost 2300hrs where I am and I am watching Bellator 258 right now).

I'll give it another go, but I started a new game after 1.2 and still couldn't download the dough.

...though maybe I was trying at the wrong time; will they not let you keep the moolah before the quest? Cuz I think that's when I tried it, and didn't bother with after cuz as far as I could tell, the answer was never.
(HATE when games artificially, with no in-game explanation, limit your ability to do something that you'd be able to do if it were real life, only to make that ability available later, not through leveling up, but rather simply through developer fiat. #NormalizeNeverDoingThat)

What the OP is saying is that in previous iterations of the game, you did not have to go into your inventory to download the funds. They were automatically transferred after you cracked the shard's security.

The patch notes are a little misleading. They don't say anything about going into your inventory to access the eddies.

I just started a new bug tracking game and I will test this out tomorrow morning (It's almost 2300hrs where I am and I am watching Bellator 258 right now).
I don't really know, but before 1.2, nothing to do (because impossible to have the money)
Since 1.2+ (tested on 1.2, 1.21 and 1.22), i have just to find the shard in my inventory and clic on the "tranfert" button and the "transfering" bar appear when i close my inventory. Pretty simple :(
But important detail : Only aviable after "The Heist" ;)

Last edited:
On PC after patch 1.2:
The money can be transferred after escaping All foods and finishing the call with Royce. In the call V mentions that can use the money from the shard.
If the shard was cracked before this moment then there is an option to transfer the money from it (via the inventory).
Otherwise the money are directly transferred after cracking the shard.

On PC after patch 1.2:
The money can be transferred after escaping All foods and finishing the call with Royce. In the call V mentions that can use the money from the shard.
My Bad, i don't know that. It's better, if it's directly after "the Pick up" ;)
Logic : "Therefore you have payed the bot with Corpo's eddies ?"-"No, the money i kept it for myself !"
Post automatically merged:

A screenshot is better than any word :)
("télécharger de l'argent" (dowload money) in the bottom right. And "Tracing malware deleted" on the shard)
4bd372b3-5045-4818-a2c0-9ac6f47a3101.PNG

Last edited:

"MEREDITH'S MILITECH SHARD FUND TRANSFER BROKEN (AFTER PATCH 1.2)"

"What I found worrying is that CDPR claims the funds was not downloadable before 1.2 according to patch notes, which is a lie."

Strange. In the demo that credchip was worth 50.000 which you could keep yourself, and was more than enough to pay your ripper off, twice. There were always several options available how to pull the job off.

Okay, so I just tried it and it works. The Militech Datashard in your inventory becomes a Hacked Militech Datashard after you crack the security of the Miltiech Datashard in the Shard's section of your Journal. Once you crack the security, find the Hacked Militech Datashard in your inventory and hover the cursor over the item. You should see a Transfer Funds option that you can use to access the eddies.

Like I said, the OP remembers pre 1.2 when all you had to do was crack the security and the funds would automatically transfer.

So it's not broken. The patch notes just need a bit of clarification.

Last edited:
@Kid_SixXx thank you for clarifying.

I completed the mission long time ago, I took a look now and I don't have the Datashard in the backpack, nor in the Shards menu, anywhere. What does this mean? I played the mission pre-1.2, now I'm playing on 1.22.

@Kid_SixXx thank you for clarifying.

I completed the mission long time ago, I took a look now and I don't have the Datashard in the backpack, nor in the Shards menu, anywhere. What does this mean? I played the mission pre-1.2, now I'm playing on 1.22.
In "The Pickup", how did you acquired the Flathead ?
(You must not pay Royce with the militech's shard)

If i remember in pre-1.2, the shard was also in the inventory, but no interaction possible with it.

@LeKill3rFou well, I killed everyone, including Royce.
Ok, so you didn't give Royce the shard (even still infected).
you can give the infected shard to Royce and also kill everybody
Basically either:
-Shoot him in the head directly during the dialogue.
-Pay with your own money.
-Maybe let the conversation escalate (not sure).

The shard's cost is "1", with sorting option by "Price", you sure you haven't it ?

Top Bottom