Mermaids in The Witcher 3

+
Mermaids in The Witcher 3

I saw the trailers with mermaids in them, but are they going to have just the one mermaid in the game? Or are they going to be an entire race? could there possibly be an underwater city? And if so just imagine - an undersea level (possibly only accessible through water breathing magic)! ah, the possibilities. That would tie in with what was said in the 1st game, also it could prove to be a way of making you want to go into the sea instead of fast-travelling over it.
In any case - what do you guys think of this? Toppick is officially open for debate!

P.S.: Also i would like to leave you with something to think about - the age old question of do mermaids poop? Think about the implications (if you know what I mean).

Also another thing - Thawing Potions? Or a cold resist buff to alcohol (drink too much and get a debuff to balance it out)?

Last edited by a moderator:
could there possibly be an underwater city? And if so just imagine - an undersea level (possibly only accessible through water breathing magic)! ah, the possibilities.

Last edited:
If there is underwater combat I hope RED have tested the crap out of the mechanics (or at least made it optional and not compulsory) as I've yet to find a game that can do it properly.

I'd like to see friends of Sheenaz ;) That undewatrer city could be awesome.

Slower and more precise fight. Slow walking, potions for underwater breathing,.. I like this idea.

But if the will be no "underwater" game, I would like to meet some sirens, at least, Lady of the lake was also awesome (good sense of humor), so I'd like to meet her again.
:scold:

If underwater cities filled with Sheenaz sisters are reality in Witcher 3, hentai adult art sites would go berserk from excitement.

Do it CDPR.

I saw the trailers with mermaids in them, but are they going to have just the one mermaid in the game? Or are they going to be an entire race? could there possibly be an underwater city? And if so just imagine - an undersea level (possibly only accessible through water breathing magic)! ah, the possibilities. That would tie in with what was said in the 1st game, also it could prove to be a way of making you want to go into the sea instead of fast-travelling over it.
In any case - what do you guys think of this? Toppick is officially open for debate!

P.S.: Also i would like to leave you with something to think about - the age old question of do mermaids poop? Think about the implications (if you know what I mean).

I have no idea of what implications you think of regarding fish and stool, but I'm gonna take a guess:

Was I correct? ;)

Regarding an underwater city Lovecraft inspired much if not all in Witcher 1.

I loved how you entered Lakeside and Murky Waters only to see the display of the underwater city there. It truly was a beautiful and atmospheric moment.

On a sidenote: what is the difference between a Siren and a Mermaid? Sirens to me, sings, and lures seafarers to their death. Mermaids save them.

On a sidenote: what is the difference between a Siren and a Mermaid? Sirens to me, sings, and lures seafarers to their death. Mermaids save them.

There's a cross-language disconnect that can arise when discussing sirens and mermaids. In English, by these words we mean two different creatures, as you say.

But, for example, the Polish word for what we mean by "mermaid" in English is "syren" or "syrenka", as in "Warszawska Syrenka", the Mermaid of Warsaw (please be gentle with me if I botched the inflections; English doesn't have them), unless she's a "rusalka", which is a kind of undead water spirit.

Last edited:
I did not quite follow what you meant by inflections, English do have them. If you were referring to inflections in Polish language, then I wouldn't know. ::)

Thank you for the reply though, very informative! Stumbled upon a forum member speaking of rusalkas before so I recognise that name at least.

In my culture we have nymphs(not correct translation mind you) leading men astray and killing them in the woods.

Seems some nefarious acts in folklore never go out of style concerning magical creatures. :laughing:

addar

Forum veteran
what doeasnt fit? its only my guessing but its very convincing to me that this creatures are in fact Sirens

sirens - in greek myths , half bird half women... reds can play with myths and mixed them to create there own Sirens :p

as our lovley moderator said, polish have one word for both sirens and marmaids -"Syrena " plural "Syreny", there is also diminutive form of it "Syrenka"/"Syrenki" and we Poles tend to use diminutive form when talking about mermaids( seamaids sound cool), even sapkowskii in books desribe Sh'eenaz as "Syrenka" he avoiding "Syrena", and i think he did in purpuse to distinct them from Sirens

Last edited:
Ah, if that's your guessing - that's OK. Sirens / mermaids in Sapkowski's books don't fit with these creatures (and I meant them, the kin of Sh'eenaz).

I have a soft spot for mermaids. I love them. I think they are very graceful and serene. I'd love to meet a mermaid during my travels in The Witcher 3. Maybe the mermaids and the Vodya'noi are pestering each other.

Vodyanoi: GALOOL BODASLOK LOL.
Mermaid: Can you help us, witcher?
Vodyanoi: Shuut yool mouth... LOL

Geralt: ...I'm too old for this

what doeasnt fit? its only my guessing but its very convincing to me that this creatures are in fact Sirens

sirens - in greek myths , half bird half women... reds can play with myths and mixed them to create there own Sirens :p

I still want geralt to bang one of the sirens. ;) :p

I did not quite follow what you meant by inflections, English do have them. If you were referring to inflections in Polish language, then I wouldn't know. ::)

Thank you for the reply though, very informative! Stumbled upon a forum member speaking of rusalkas before so I recognise that name at least.

In my culture we have nymphs(not correct translation mind you) leading men astray and killing them in the woods.

Seems some nefarious acts in folklore never go out of style concerning magical creatures. :laughing:

Off topic by now, but Polish has seven cases (some authorities say there are nine, with two little used), and nouns take different endings (inflections) in each case. English has only two cases, and the only vestige of noun inflection is the plural.

Excuses for not making it home from the tavern abound in most cultures :beer:

Top Bottom