Metacritic userscores

+
Metacritic userscores

The Witcher 3 gets topnotch scores by the press and also by the users BUT the userscore is "only" at 8.8 on metacritic, because alot of people rating the game 0 or sth like that just because of the downgrade ... while saying its still a great game others just playing it for 5h and saying its shit. I dont get such people :( TW3 gives me the witcherfeeling nails me at my chair and is just so good ...

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/user-reviews?dist=negative

Don't rely on numbers! There is a lot of haters on the internet.
For the users scores, I normally read some of them, and chose the ones that look more reasonable to believe on.

what else is new. Check steam or any other medium that allows players to score.
Never really believe what players score it, but read what is being said (thus far only praises about the game, without mentioning downgrade). Also watching people play the game and watching/reading reviews from people that you can relate too (like angryJoe/TotalBuscuit etc) will give a better understanding of the game.

tldr; People on the internet complain about everything. Even if they are right

The Witcher 3 gets topnotch scores by the press and also by the users BUT the userscore is "only" at 8.8 on metacritic, because alot of people rating the game 0 or sth like that just because of the downgrade ... while saying its still a great game others just playing it for 5h and saying its shit. I dont get such people :( TW3 gives me the witcherfeeling nails me at my chair and is just so good ...

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/user-reviews?dist=negative

None of the current user review scores have beaten the game yet. It's impossible for them to rate the game already. That's why you see no critic reviews yet.

Besides a lot of haters don't even give an elaborate impression anyway.

None of the current user review scores have beaten the game yet. It's impossible for them to rate the game already. That's why you see no critic reviews yet.

Besides a lot of haters don't even give an elaborate impression anyway.
There is one critic review of the PC version, it says so on the left.

I dont give much on MC. To many 10´s and 0´s in general.
Its a great Game, but understandable the Users give it a lower Score for CDPR´s False Informations. They judge CDPR more than the Game itself. Everyone their own opinion. CDPR could have avoid this with honesty. They choose not to be, so there you go.

Metacritic userscores isn't something to go on about.

I wrote my own personal experience with Watch_Dogs and how much I enjoyed the game and what aspects I thought was really great.

Guess what? It was removed because users reported it and that was it... Why they reported it and reason? I have no idea but I'm sure they have their ways. (Clearly by many users that didn't like the game as my review was very positive!)

That was my first and last review shared on Metacritic.

While it is a incredibly fun and beautiful game, i would dock 2 stars for the crappy pc controls. Improve this, and 5 stars hands down.

The user score is actually very high considering the controversy prior to release. Usually AAA games get trashed by the fans because they feel slighted or betrayed by something or other. In TW3's case the good definitely seem to outweigh the bad.

Sounds like you are emotionally affected by how some users are grading the game on some aggregate site. It will not affect you life in any way, it will not diminish your enjoyment of the game.

Ignore review scores altogether, they're usually just a minor rule of thumb indicator of how good or bad a game might be.

Just relax, it's all good. CDPR will live on :D

Aahahaha. Metacritic, and user scores at that. You don't actually pay attention to those, do you?

Who in their bloody right mind gives this game a fucking ZERO?!! And gamers think they are more objective and fair than reviewers...give me a break :D.

Happened the same with DA:I because it had gay characters.

Last edited:
What? That userscore is actually much higher than I expected, and it's the best one on metacritic among the rencently released games, so not sure what's the problem here.
Also, 99% of those people haven't finished the game yet, maybe played like 10-20 hours max, so either if it's a 10 or a 0, doesn't really mean much. (of course the 0s are just flat-out trolling attempts, while the 10s might be closer to the reality, but you get the idea...)

Last edited:
I think a 8.8 is still too high.

About an 7.5 - 8 should suffice, considering the fact the game is a buggy mess. Even tho' they pushed the game back by half a year to make sure this wasn't going to happen. Second to that is the fact the PC version is so demanding to have it run at 60FPS even tho' console versions nearly look identical. And lastly combat is not THAT special as some like to have other believe. If you've played for an hour you can tell it's pretty generic. And lastly CDPR lied to us on multiple fronts on how the game was going to look and play.

Sadly it feels like that. Remember "Development for PC and Port to Consoles"...ya right
those words fell apart when they revelaed same build for all platform and no proper pc ui

yeah those scores will come nothing to surprise

t the game is a buggy mess
i not face any game breaking for once i not even notice any bug
and my 2 years old rig run this game on high just fine with 50 fps
so i dont know what you talking about and PC version a lot better than console version
it have much higher fps much more beautiful if you just look with honest and a lot of mod will coming soon.

sry for my english

For metacritic user scores these are excellent ratings! In comparison:

- GTA V: 7.9
- Dragon Age: Inquisition: 5.8
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: 8.0

It's not just metacritic. People are bombing the user-reviews anywhere they can because of "Downgrade!" "Poor Optimization!" "Bad PC Controls!" "Console Port!" "I could run GTAV on Ultra but not TW3!!"

The sad thing is these people are so set in their delusion they probably think they're being helpful by writing these negative reviews. In reality, they're just discouraging people from playing what could be the best RPG this console generation.

---------- Updated at 08:25 AM ----------

On Steam, the game hovered around an 82% for the past two days. Now all the reviews are deleted. Interesting.

The user score is actually very high considering the controversy prior to release. Usually AAA games get trashed by the fans because they feel slighted or betrayed by something or other. In TW3's case the good definitely seem to outweigh the bad.

This.
This is what happens when you deliver a good product in a decent state (TW3 has some bugs/mechanics that need to be tweaked, but it's in a good state). No city storm, due to downgrade (yes, there's clearly a downgrade), like many expected, because the game is good.

It didn't go so well for other games which were clearly downgraded like Total War: Rome II (from Carthage gameplay) and Alien Colonial Marines (from first gameplay), because these games were released in a city state.

Top Bottom