Metal gear solid v! Tpp & gz

+
I don't know if this is true, but I've gotten the impression most of the Metal Gear games are set during a real world conflicts. Out of curiosity, what conflict is each game set during?

EDIT: Never mind,. I just did some research on the wiki. Most of the games were made before the year they were set in. So no, they aren't based on historical conflicts. Peacewalker and The Phantom Pain are though.

Last edited:
I don't know if this is true, but I've gotten the impression most of the Metal Gear games are set during a real world conflicts. Out of curiosity, what conflict is each game set during?
No, most of the games are made up conflicts. The games reference a lot of real stuff, but not many are set during any real event. Many of the games are set in the future of when they came out. MGS1 came out in 1998 but is set in 2005 for example.

Metal Gear Solid 3 is probably the one that's most set in a real conflict. It's set during the height of the cold war and the overall mission has a lot to do with it. I'd say MGS3 is the only game that is heavily involved in a real conflict, though a lot of it is fictional. Other games while set in years the cold war is still going on do not have it as heavily tied into the story as MGS3 does.

He may think it's funny if he watches these videos. MGS3 secret theater had a lot of silly stuff. MGSV has the chicken cap even in cut scenes

The Boss and Snake playing rock,paper, scissors, Ocelot shooting Snake in the dick. Sigint stealing all Snakes scenes, etc

Also, not MGSV modding but similar

View attachment 8967

Attachments

• lol.JPG
    lol.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

EDIT: Never mind,. I just did some research on the wiki. Most of the games were made before the year they were set in. So no, they aren't based on historical conflicts. Peacewalker and The Phantom Pain are though.

As far as I know, in TPP's time Russia and Afghanistan had war, in fact Russia invaded it. Also worth to mention that in Africa there was 2 civil wars at that time.

I don't think that we will play as Solidus or Decoy Octopus. This is should be Big Boss story how he became that villian we already know. Why would we play as someone else? It does not make any sense for me.

As far as I know, in TPP's time Russia and Afghanistan had war, in fact Russia invaded it. Also worth to mention that in Africa there was 2 civil wars at that time.
Yes, I do know about that. There was also lots of civil wars and revolutions in Central America during the timeline of Peacewalker.

[video=youtube;-_mF2x24zkA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_mF2x24zkA[/video]
And that's why PC is the best gaming platform. Although after seeing the treatment we gave Ground Zeroes I'm a little afraid Kojima will decide to cancel the PC version of The Phantom Pain :p

Top Bottom