Metal gear solid v! Tpp & gz

+
A bunch of rumors recently that Kojima is leaving Konami/was let go.

http://www.gamesradar.com/theres-still-no-actual-proof-kojimas-left-konami/

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/19/kojima-reportedly-leaves-konami-konami-responds

Speaking to IGN, a Konami representative said: "As we have already announced, we are shifting our production structure to a headquarters-controlled system, in order to establish a steadfast operating base capable of responding to the rapid market changes that surround our digital entertainment business. Konami Digital Entertainment (including Mr. Kojima), will continue to develop and support Metal Gear products. Please look forward to future announcements.”

A bunch of rumors recently that Kojima is leaving Konami/was let go.

http://www.gamesradar.com/theres-still-no-actual-proof-kojimas-left-konami/

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/19/kojima-reportedly-leaves-konami-konami-responds

Speaking to IGN, a Konami representative said: "As we have already announced, we are shifting our production structure to a headquarters-controlled system, in order to establish a steadfast operating base capable of responding to the rapid market changes that surround our digital entertainment business. Konami Digital Entertainment (including Mr. Kojima), will continue to develop and support Metal Gear products. Please look forward to future announcements.”

I love Metal Gear and I am sure I will really enjoy TPP, but it feels like Konami is going to be trying to be squeezing blood from a stone after this. I know they don't really have a lot of other big series, but it really seems like it is time to move on. Or make ZOE3 already. Or develop a new IP.

Though if they made MGS6 with 'old' man Solid Snake in a badass wheelchair with enough gadgets to make Bond envious, I could have a good time with that. Too bad Ocelot died in MGS4, it could have been an epic battle of the chairs in a retirement community. You have to hide among groups of old people to avoid the care takers trying to give you pills. And in a surprise twist, The End and Major Zero are back from the dead and coming after you in their wheelchairs!

.....ok, got that out of my system.

Not sure whether this is true, or will turn out to be some sort of epic troll. What if Kojima announces his clone son "Solidus Kojima" is taking over the company or something? :p

[OT] Is Kojima leaving Konami?

http://kotaku.com/why-people-are-freaking-out-about-hideo-kojima-right-no-1692392079

http://au.ibtimes.com/metal-gear-solid-v-director-hideo-kojima-may-leave-konami-1431260

Yup.

Kojima is no longer Vice President of Konami, Kojioma Productions L.A. is now named Konami Entertainment L.A. and Konami states they will continue with a "new Metal Gear series" after TPP and are already searching for people to fill the high-up positions. It is said that Kojimas full lead staff is leaving after MGSV.

So, anything to say guys?

Not a whole lot. Just that it's sad to see such a creative giant abandoning his baby. I hope Kojima is leaving to start a new project in his career (maybe an indie studio?) and isn't leaving the industry altogether. The fact that his lead staff left as well suggests to me that they're leaving to collaborate on something else.

As for what will become of Metal Gear Solid.... I have no idea what to say to that. The Phantom Pain will be my first game in the series. But the series has been on my radar ever since MGS4 came out in 2008 and I've grown to appreciate the uniqueness of the series without ever playing one of the games.

The ugliest part is how they are erasing his name from the MGS covers. Kojima is MGS, so whatever to what comes after TPP. I hope he gets to make a bunch of new, innovative games, and do whatever he's been wanting to do whenever he wanted to quit MGS. It's sad, but then again, he wanted to leave so many times. I hope it's for the best.

I think, in way, creating a legendary franchise like Metal Gear Solid can become a burden after a while if it comes to define you. Sometimes I think these legendary designers just feel the itch to break out of the mold. Miyamoto created Mario & Zelda but he doesn't work on either of those franchises any more. For all we know, Kojima may have been feeling this way for years.

Last edited:
Now he will actually get a chance to do something else instead of only having MGS as his legacy, he's tried to end it so many times already. So in a way that's great, tht said MGS without Kojima? Lol.

That said, Konami are acting pretty damn scummy which is hilarious because they've not exactly been doing anything of worth for a long time.

I think, in way, creating a legendary franchise like Metal Gear Solid can become a burden after a while if it comes to define you. Sometimes I think these legendary designers just feel the itch to break out of the mold. For all we know, Kojima may have been feeling this way for years.

I think so, too. Sure, he flat-out said he never wanted to make a single sequel to MGS1, but then they just kept coming. I honestly though MGS4 would be his last "Here's your MGS game, now fuck you" but then... PW happened... and then the other ones. He'd probably want to remake/add sequels to Policenauts and Zone of Enders, but they probably belong to Konami now.

It's strange to think about - all of his characters are out of his reach for copyright reasons. His next move is going to be interesting.

I hope he will be able continue to work on Silent hills despite leaving his current position. I'd imagine he knew this was coming and probably would be able to. I'd like to see a new original IP from him someday or him being able to work on ZOE3 or Snatcher 2. Though if he wants to retire soon then I won't blame him. He is 51 years old.

Konami prison
:rofl:

People still not believe this mess because they suspect it's the same Kojima trolling all over again, and I'm afraid it's not.

Anyway I'm kind happy that Kojima is escaping Konami prison but on the other hand... I can't stand Konami's moves. I mean, removing his name from previous titles? Seriously? And then making new Metal Gear Solid games... without him. What is this, blackmail? Or is this Konami that knows it wiil be dead in a couple of years without MG saga?

I admit I'm a big fan of Kojima's works and influences more so than the MGS franchise itself (which I still love because of the aforementioned reason). So when I heard this news I was in disbelief, if Kojima isn't working on the next game then I guess I can say I'm done with the franchise.

I admit I'm a big fan of Kojima's works and influences more so than the MGS franchise itself (which I still love because of the aforementioned reason). So when I heard this news I was in disbelief, if Kojima isn't working on the next game then I guess I can say I'm done with the franchise.

Same here probably. I was never the die-hard played-every-game fan because I am a PC gamer and sadly MGS3, 4 and PW are not on PC. I played MG1+2, MGS1+2 back in the days and I played MGS3 with an emulator, never got around to MGS4 and PW because I simply had not access to them, but I watched Let's Plays of them. I just love the franchise, the themes, the way he designed his games. MGSV TPP looks awesome. I just hope he will still have the creative freedom to realize MGSV the way he wanted to and that Konami will not "restrict" him in this area as well.

It kind of comes across really personal here. I mean Kojima was Vice President of Konami, now he was basically fired or stepped back from those positions only being handled as "independent contractor". But that is not what shocks me. They remove his name from EVERYTHING.

I mean if it would just be MGSV, sure, I'D say "hey, they want to make it not SO apparent that the next game will not be "A Hideo Kojima Game" and they want new players not to associate the involvement of Kojima as guarantee for success and his absence as sign of failure, a marketing decision, I can understand that.

BUT, they remove his name from his OLD games as well, basically from everything that comes out from now on, no matter if it is just a bundle of MG games all made by Kojima, they don't credit him anymore for anything, erase his name from the company history, rename his L.A. studio, it's kind of a d*ck move IMO. And it comes across as REALLY personal.

So I can imagine a few scenarios.

1. Kojima didn't want to make another MG game and Konami fired him
2. Kojima (as Vice President) was against fundamental changes in the companies structure and market focus or other elements and they fired him
3. Kojima left because he wanted to, wanted to start new projects, etc and Konami are pissed because they loose their money making machine

Anyway, it's really sag to see that MGS is owned by Konami while Kojima leaves. Maybe, when the dust is settled he can from time to time work with them as "advisor" for any new MG games or Silent Hills or similar projects, that might convince me to give those games a shot. But if not then I'm kind of done with Metal Gear. I'll go wherever Kojima goes, since my loyalty belongs to the creator of this epic series and the other developers who worked with him to make such great games happen (of which a lot are apparently leaving as well with Kojima)

Outer Heaven Productions FTW !!!

I agree with everything you said.

It's frustrating to think that they would stoop so low as to discredit him. I think it's a desperate attempt to regain relevance as a whole personally and a stupid one at that, but anything I say is speculation of course. I say this because these days Kojima was the only developer Konami had left making successful games, with their other franchises down the drain and talent going to greener pastures. The Kojima brand is probably more talked about by fans than Konami themselves. Konami seem to be more popular in Japan right now with their other products, than they are world wide as a gaming company.

I wonder what will happen to Silent Hills. I was very excited to see Kojima attempt a Horror franchise and it was the first Silent Hill game I was excited for since the 4th one back on PlayStation 2.

Top Bottom