Metal gear solid v! Tpp & gz

+
so what really happened. the story so far seems to be that he angered some executive, and now they want him gone. the suddenness makes sense if that were the case.

Source (translated from this article in japanese)

Konami Spokesman: Kojima will continue being the director of the "Metal Gear" Series

Kojima Productions is affected by Konami's reorganization, and it reports that KojiPro's logo has been removed, twitter has been changed to metalgear_jp, and so on.
Kojima's retirement rumors spread globally, up to and including the revelation that Konami is looking for new staff to continue this series.
Many users have voiced their anxiety on the upcoming release MGSV:TPP, Game*Spark and Konami's Editorial Department has provided some answers:

Will Kojima Productions be disbanded?
Yes. All releases previously made under different studios will be centralized and coordinated from headquarters.

Will Kojima be leaving his position?
Kojima will remain the director of the "Metal Gear" series. He will continue to innovate with new ideas as creator.

What about talks of him stepping down as director? Are those true?
He is still one of our employees, and is continuing to work full-strength on "MGSV:TPP".

And is it true that he has been changed to a contract employee?
We cannot reveal private details.

Is it true that KojiPro's staff have restricted internet and e-mail access?
It is true that the reorganization has resulted in this. This is done in order to provide a greater development environment.

In that case, will Kojima be less available for interviews?
As a result, yes.

Source (translated from this article in japanese)

Konami Spokesman: Kojima will continue being the director of the "Metal Gear" Series

Kojima Productions is affected by Konami's reorganization, and it reports that KojiPro's logo has been removed, twitter has been changed to metalgear_jp, and so on.
Kojima's retirement rumors spread globally, up to and including the revelation that Konami is looking for new staff to continue this series.
Many users have voiced their anxiety on the upcoming release MGSV:TPP, Game*Spark and Konami's Editorial Department has provided some answers:

Will Kojima Productions be disbanded?
Yes. All releases previously made under different studios will be centralized and coordinated from headquarters.

Will Kojima be leaving his position?
Kojima will remain the director of the "Metal Gear" series. He will continue to innovate with new ideas as creator.

What about talks of him stepping down as director? Are those true?
He is still one of our employees, and is continuing to work full-strength on "MGSV:TPP".

And is it true that he has been changed to a contract employee?
We cannot reveal private details.

Is it true that KojiPro's staff have restricted internet and e-mail access?
It is true that the reorganization has resulted in this. This is done in order to provide a greater development environment.

In that case, will Kojima be less available for interviews?
As a result, yes.

For me this just reinforces the feeling that Kojima will leave at some point.
Especially "We cannot reveal private details" and He is still one of our employees, and is continuing to work full-strength on "MGSV:TPP" shows they don't know or don't want to tell if Kojima will continue after TPP.

And to be honest I hope he leaves Konami and does his own thing, he earned it by now.
He should create his own studio and make what he wants to make.

Especially "We cannot reveal private details" and He is still one of our employees, and is continuing to work full-strength on "MGSV:TPP" shows they don't know or don't want to tell if Kojima will continue after TPP.

And to be honest I hope he leaves Konami and does his own thing, he earned it by now.
He should create his own studio and make what he wants to make.
After seeing how Konami treated him and KojiPro team, I can't wait to see him going away for good, enough Konami. Problem is that now that KojiPro is no more, and he and his employers are still into Konami prison,

I hope he rebuilds Kojima Production name if he leaves, he earned it and Konami only used it.

Still, I can't see Konami hands on MG series, and it would be sad when new titles will pop up without Kojima being behind them. So it's good that Koji will remain as the creator behind the game but this means having a bound with Konami.

Just... no... this is too much confusing.

Money talks.

If they would decide to make another Metal Gear game without Kojima involvement, for me that would be a one instance when I would be just fine with rebooting a series. This way Konami could still make more Metal Gear games without completely ruining Kojima's past work. Personally I don't see Hideo agreeing to direct more Metal Gear games, as he seems to be pretty serious about Phantom Pain being a final part of his story and I don't see where he could go with it after that.

You know what would be the worst case scenario for me? If it turned out that the reason for Konami's disrespectful attitude is that Kojima refused to somehow compromise his vision of TPP, but they still had their way, so Hideo himself told them to remove his name from promotional materials as it was no longer his game, but he will still finish it only because of his fans.

Ground Zeroes is on sale for $10. Any idea on whether or not it's worth picking up for someone who is looking forward to TPP but has never played a MGS game before?

it's just going to be a bunch of revengeance level garbage and people will eat it up
I would never call that game garbage. It's one of the best action games to come out in recent years and Kojima himself supervised the development.

Ground Zeroes is on sale for $10. Any idea on whether or not it's worth picking up for someone who is looking forward to TPP but has never played a MGS game before?
For someone who has never played an MGS, GZ is hard to recommend. Even if it's "only" $10. It's so damn short and although it's a prologue to TPP it's also an epilogue to Peace Walker. For a series fan for sure but for a newbie? I dunno.

Alien Isolation seems to be 75% off. I'd probably grab that instead.

@Phinnway I'm in the same boat as you, and I'm giving it a pass. Even for 5$ I doubt I'll get it. If it's essentially a short demo of PP without even all the features, then I rather just watch 1-2 hour playthrough for the story and then enjoy PP.

Attachments

• bzsdxpeifocw3osq6gv1.png
    bzsdxpeifocw3osq6gv1.png
    84.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I cannot access my old Account (threadstarter) ;(

She took her comment back ...and denies it now....
But that news made me sad :(

I hope they find a way to settle and keep on working at this point im not looking forward for TPP alone im really excited about silent hills too!

Konami has removed all reference to Metal Gear series creator Hideo Kojima, and his development team Kojima Productions and their Fox Engine, from Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain‘s box art.

Konami has removed all reference to Metal Gear series creator Hideo Kojima, and his development team Kojima Productions and their Fox Engine, from Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain‘s box art.

Never understood why they even had FOX Engine on the cover of the game, either way knowing Kojima you really can't take things like that seriously since it all could be just a ruse.

I thought of a fan-theory that everyone will probably hate me for if it turns out to be true. :D

Has anyone else considered that Skullface might become the "Big Boss" we see in MG1 and MG2?

What if Skullface gets synthetic skin and takes on the persona of Big Boss? He is just a "skull" "face" after all. No identity, no skin, just a skull without a face filled with hatred --a hatred for Cypher that he shares with Big Boss. And we catch glimpses of Big Boss and Skullface working together in the "Nuclear" trailer for MGSV. It makes sense to me that if something happened to Big Boss Skullface would take on Big Boss's "skin" and "face" to complete his act of revenge against Zero.

This would allow the original Big Boss to either die a heroic death in MGSV or somehow be preserved to make more sequels :p

EDIT: Someone pointed out in a reddit thread that Kojima is obviously trying to draw a parallel between Big Boss and Skullface, since Skullface commands "XOF" and Big Boss was a member of "FOX."

There is also this quote from the beginning of the "Nuclear" trailer.

Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. ~Mark Twain
If the vessel the anger is stored in is a person, and it's worn away by acid, then all you're left with is bone --like Skullface.

Last edited:
Top Bottom