Metal gear solid v! Tpp & gz

+
goty will probably be between fallout 4 and msg5. to be fair, base building was revealed in mgs5 first, so points go to them. politically, mgs 5 will probably win. i hope so too. i really dislike the aesthetic of fallout 4. that "iconic" blue jumpsuit looks really quite stupid and doesn't resemble fabric.

---------- Updated at 07:53 AM ----------

haha the philosophy of the characters sounds like such sophomoric nonsense.

so Paz is alive? after vagina bomb? This makes me think there are multiple Paz's. I mean it's really weird how Paz doesn't age at all so it makes perfect sense that she's genetically modified cute loli spy

also no wonder Miller always had sunglasses, he was hiding his cataracts

"companions appearance and demeanor will change depending on your affinity with them"

so we can get more skimpy outfits for Quiet!? oh the misogyny...

Last edited:
Finally got MGS:GZ on the sale, and since I like knowing as much of the picture as possible (hell, I watched all the "movies" of the previous games in preparation of MGS:pP), I'm going through the audio recordings before doing the mission.

And Oh. My. God. The nine entries of Paz's Diary are just the worst. Like, worst worst. I went through very few things in gaming as challenging as this.

so Paz is alive? after vagina bomb? This makes me think there are multiple Paz's. I mean it's really weird how Paz doesn't age at all so it makes perfect sense that she's genetically modified cute loli spy

also no wonder Miller always had sunglasses, he was hiding his cataracts

"companions appearance and demeanor will change depending on your affinity with them"

so we can get more skimpy outfits for Quiet!? oh the misogyny...

it's a girl with blond hair. and also looks nothing like the character model used for paz...

Both the 40 minute gameplay demo and the E3 trailer are available at gamersyde:

http://www.gamersyde.com/download_metal_gear_solid_v_the_phantom_pain_e3_gameplay_demo-35024_en.html

http://www.gamersyde.com/download_metal_gear_solid_v_the_phantom_pain_e3_trailer-34901_en.html

You need to use torrent software to download the gameplay footage since it's 8.5GB!. I mean holy balls..

Haven't yet watched the demo but the trailer was gorgeous. Kojima really knows how to do incredible trailers. And his music choices are always spot on.

Last edited:
with all that r and d available to develop mechs, you'd think they'd figure out how to tackle those assignments by simply using a disguise.

I love the music in the E3 trailer, great music choice as always

2013 - Not Your Kind of People
2013 - Sins of a Father
2014 - Nuclear
2015 - Elegia

The E3 2015 trailr was kinda weird. I didn't give me the same emtional impact that Nuclear and Sins of The Father did. Did anyone else feel that way? I'm not sure if it was the trailer's fault or if playing GZ conditioned me against it or something.

And no --annalyzing the emotional impact of the latest MGS trailer is not a waste of time. I honestly can't think of anything more important I could be doing with my life right now.

the music sounded like a soft alarm bell. none of the melody or power of the previous music choices. probably intentional as they wanted something quiet and meandering to provide background ambiance for the voice over.

Last edited:
I had a weird, uneasy feeling after the new 40 minutes gameplay. Anyone else feel it? I can't quite put my finger on it just yet, but something didn't click.

I don't know if it's the main reason, but a part of it is probably the open world aspect. Guess I'm just not sold on it, and I think it's a design approach that keeps taking away much more than it gives (for comparison, I also wish TW3 wasn't an open world, either).

Just started my replay marathon of the MGS games.

Good to be back at Shadow Moses. This game never ceases to amaze me. A timeless classic. :)

Last edited:
@goopit LOL! Too funny!
"Power, sex. Sex, power. It all comes down to one thing.... fucking others."

Doug needs to team up with David Hayter and Elias Toufexis and make a Deus Ex, The Witcher, Metal Gear cross-over parody.

Top Bottom