Metal gear solid v! Tpp & gz

+

I'm not sure why, but for some reason the amount of content and different gameplay mechanics in this game is more difficult for me to digest than TW3 or Fallout 4 (from what is known so far, anyway).

I have two main concerns. The lesser one is that PvP will influence players who aren't interested too much. The bigger one is that, like many open-world games, it'll have far more filler material than interesting one.

Let's take TW3 (shocker) for example. On one hand, it has a huge amount of quests. Most of them, mechanically, are repetitive, but they still kept me engaged thanks to their writing and their stories, and sometimes the choices I had to make. That's an advantage of the RPG genre. On the other hand, there was a bunch of bandit camps, hidden treasures and loot caches which I couldn't care less about (and it doesn't help that almost everything there is obsolete due to the witcher gear). I worry that MGSV will have a huge amount of the latter.

Either way, it looks amazing.

Let's just hope that Konami haven't had much to do with the development in recent months as the info coming from inside the company is pretty damning.

When I watched that demo I was a little skeptical at first. It seemed like they were giving MGSV the "Dragon Age Inquistion effect," as in they were "MMO-ifying" it. But by the end I was pretty impressed. What I like about this is the combination of base building and PvP really pits players against each other using all of Metal Gear's skills, not just shooting. It's a test of stealth and navigating the environment too.

Still, I won't be surprised if mother base can be a little grindy and it's slightly P2W. Konami must've learned at least that much from other games.

[video=youtube;OGGuvRIIx8c]I have two main concerns. The lesser one is that PvP will influence players who aren't interested too much.
I don't see how that could be a problem since PvP is an optional feature. I think FOBs are merely high risk - high reward version of mother base. You can invest in Mother Base safely if you want, or invest in FOBs and risk having your investments stolen by other players.

seems to be shaping up nicely.

my only problem is with them scanning an underaged actor in the nude. because of their technology, the paz in the trailer was scanned from a live human:

Last edited:
my only problem is with them scanning an underaged actor in the nude. because of their technology, the paz in the trailer was scanned from a live human.
There is such a thing as body-tight suits you know.... Motion-capture actors have been known to wear them.

View attachment 22607

What a lovely phone.

So, I on the hype train once more in this year. TW3 robbed me in, and keep busy for about 3 months and it will be played after this, but right now, I can't wait MGS V. I can feel in my bones and every cell that this game will be a shocking and jaw dropping experience.

Attachments

• j1_compact.0.jpg
    j1_compact.0.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 70
There is such a thing as body-tight suits you know.... Motion-capture actors have been known to wear them.

they're not skin tight, they're form fitting to avoid snagging the actors, and to allow the white balls to more easily register without fabric bunching up and blocking it.

when scanning an actual model, they do it like in that video above posted by autumnal, with the actual person. that's how they also get the textures, so the person had to be scanned in the nude to get their entire body dimensions and models. for the big names, they used doubles or just created them on the spot, but for others, i'm not so sure.

Last edited:
for example, eli's actor would be full body scanned in the appropriate attire then adjustments made afterwards:

paz's reborn character looks around 13, and her body is too slender and small to really be an adult. i don't know about the way japanese do things, perhaps the laws are more lenientt over there.

The Daily Dot – 5/5
Destructoid – 9/10
EGMNOW – 9.5/10
Examiner – 5/5
Game Informer – 9.25/10
GameSpot – 10/10
Game Trailers – 9.5/10
HobbyConsolas – 97/100
IGN – 10/10
Kinda Funny Games – “Amazing”
Kotaku (Pre-Review) – “The best Metal Gear yet”
Metal Gear Informer – 10/10
Polygon (Pre-Review) – ‘Hideo Kojima’s name featured dozens of times throughout’
Press-Start – 9/10
Respawn.ninja – 100/100
USgamer (Pre-Review) – “An incredibly memorable game”
YongYea – “A very easy contendor for game of the year”

Ye it's gonna be a fucking massacre at GOTY's this year.

I am very happy MGSV is getting high reviews, but this is the last konami game I will get, definitely.

fallout 4 devs want to push release to 2016 to avoid being a footnote

I don't think so, just look at 2011, a game that basically took a direction for the worse for the TES series managed to become GOTY when there were so many other good games out there, so even if the same year Fallout 4 is out has the best open world RPG made to date (even with its faults story-wise) and the best stealth game made to date (from the reviews) I don't doubt that there will be some people in the gaming press that will give the game overrated praise, but we shall see, maybe Bethesda will surprise us, but I don't think so personally.

I've temporarily jumped off the hype train until I see what actual players have to say about the game. I don't trust reviews from websites anymore.

Top Bottom