Metal gear solid v! Tpp & gz

+
PULL THE LEVER!
lols, so you heard about that i see ?
i'll just leave this here, to give you taste about the future of MGS:
[video=youtube;uphcEJW-MDA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uphcEJW-MDA[/video]

---------- Updated at 10:56 AM ----------

Same here, but IF Konami decides to release a HD Collection to PC, well, I would buy that one as well.
HELL. NO.
i want Konami to die and choke on it's own blood, ending it's pathetic existance. :evil2:
besides, ever heard of silent hill HD remake ? if you played it, then you'd dread at the the mere thought that they'd make a HD collection of MGS.

lols, so you heard about that i see ?
i'll just leave this here, to give you taste about the future of MGS:
[video=youtube;uphcEJW-MDA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uphcEJW-MDA[/video]

---------- Updated at 10:56 AM ----------

HELL. NO.
i want Konami to die and choke on it's own blood, ending it's pathetic existance. :evil2:
besides, ever heard of silent hill HD remake ? if you played it, then you'd dread at the the mere thought that they'd make a HD collection of MGS.

I never was a Silent Hill player, or survival horror player in general with a few exceptions, but I heard that it was not really good remake. On the other hand the MGS HD Collection was pretty good on consoles, so..

Edit:

Last edited:
Cool trailer :)

It sucks that they ripped off Lord Of The Rings though. A three story monster that has a flaming whip that can transform into a sword? Yeah... that's never been done before.
:troll:

I think Kojima is trying to tell us something. The question is.... is Snake secretly Gandalf, or is Gandalf secretly Snake?

Anyone know why it's not available for purchase yet on GMG? The funny thing is that it appears discounted, but it's in the Coming Soon status to me.

I think I've read enough reviews (somewhere between 5-10, can't remember) to notice what are the recurring things said about the game, and I have to admit, I'm a bit nervous about two of them.

Everyone keeps praising how much of an actual sandbox it is, and that's cool. The gameplay demonstrations also displayed that, especially the one that showed the same mission with different approaches. I was very impressed when the player placed a C4 explosive on one of the soldiers on his way to the base, and used it to assassinate the actual target who was someone different.

The couple of things that I'm concerned about are the open world, and the story. I think every review I read that bothered to explain the open world described it as having huge expanses of nothingness. This may be realistic, but I believe I'll find it extremely boring very early on, without any urge to explore.

The second worry is that several reviews stated that the story didn't receive as much attention as previous installments, and that it leaves too many questions unanswered. That's particularly disappointing if you view this as the link to Metal Gear 1. Sandboxes can be fun for me, but usually (not always) it's a strong emphasis on story that attracts me to games. Based on the reviews, I get the feeling that MGSV, like any other open world game, sacrificed the story telling for more player freedom and "make your own adventure" thing, which doesn't appeal to me too much.

But these are ultimately just early impressions based on reviews, so they could all end up being false.

I
The second worry is that several reviews stated that the story didn't receive as much attention as previous installments, and that it leaves too many questions unanswered. That's particularly disappointing if you view this as the link to Metal Gear 1. Sandboxes can be fun for me, but usually (not always) it's a strong emphasis on story that attracts me to games. Based on the reviews, I get the feeling that MGSV, like any other open world game, sacrificed the story telling for more player freedom and "make your own adventure" thing, which doesn't appeal to me too much.
Phantom Pain has two endings (just like Peace walker), i'd imagine most of the reviewers getting the false ending since the true endings requirements are unknown (getting all the collectibles, beating game on hard difficulty etc). So hopefully the true ending will provide more closure.

Phantom Pain has two endings (just like Peace walker), i'd imagine most of the reviewers getting the false ending since the true endings requirements are unknown (getting all the collectibles, beating game on hard difficulty etc). So hopefully the true ending will provide more closure.
Didn't know that. Damn. Now I'm considering doing a completionist playthrough.

I think I've read enough reviews (somewhere between 5-10, can't remember) to notice what are the recurring things said about the game, and I have to admit, I'm a bit nervous about two of them.

Everyone keeps praising how much of an actual sandbox it is, and that's cool. The gameplay demonstrations also displayed that, especially the one that showed the same mission with different approaches. I was very impressed when the player placed a C4 explosive on one of the soldiers on his way to the base, and used it to assassinate the actual target who was someone different.

The couple of things that I'm concerned about are the open world, and the story. I think every review I read that bothered to explain the open world described it as having huge expanses of nothingness. This may be realistic, but I believe I'll find it extremely boring very early on, without any urge to explore.

But these are ultimately just early impressions based on reviews, so they could all end up being false.

the people saying the world is empty are the adhd afflicted children who are used to having an explosion go off every 5 seconds in crap like grand theft auto 5.

as for the story being sparse, it's likely due to the lack of long cut scenes. funny, that was a direct response to the constant criticism of the series featuring hours of cutscenes. so hideo decided to westernize it for them with editing. this is the thanks he gets.

Not to mention the fact that The Phantom Pain was reviewed at a press event. So they weren't able to play the game at their leisure, do as many side missions as they wanted, etc.

As for the open world - I'm not concerned about it because MGSV isn't a true open-world like Skyrim or Witcher. It's more like a sand-box covert-ops game with very large levels.

Last edited:
Top Bottom