Metal gear solid v! Tpp & gz

+
For those who already completed Phantom Pain, here you can see the missing final mission and actual ending scrapped out of the game:

[video=youtube;-B4JIHh5Jqk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B4JIHh5Jqk[/video]

I'm a bit disappointed by the mother base. This was the feature I was mostly looking forward to as everybody praised it as highly customizable. While it's somehow true, it's so far also a bit shallow and (too big)
Maybe I'm just not far enough into the game but will we be able to access interiors like quarters, bedrooms, "chill rooms", kitchens etc?

Did anyone else get really annoyed at mission 16? That's the one where you intercept the "cargo" in Africa. It's obvious you're supposed to complete this mission with D-Walker. But I don't like D-Walker! So I tried completing it with other companions and eventually gave up. It irritates me that you're forced to complete it with D-Walker and they never tell you.

I'm a bit disappointed by the mother base. This was the feature I was mostly looking forward to as everybody praised it as highly customizable. While it's somehow true, it's so far also a bit shallow and (too big)
Maybe I'm just not far enough into the game but will we be able to access interiors like quarters, bedrooms, "chill rooms", kitchens etc?

No it won't, you will only be able to expand more bases :/

---------- Updated at 10:44 PM ----------

Did anyone else get really annoyed at mission 16? That's the one where you intercept the "cargo" in Africa. It's obvious you're supposed to complete this mission with D-Walker. But I don't like D-Walker! So I tried completing it with other companions and eventually gave up. It irritates me that you're forced to complete it with D-Walker and they never tell you.

What? i never used D-Walker and i never had any trouble, is this the mission you are talking about?

What? i never used D-Walker and i never had any trouble, is this the mission you are talking about?
Yes. And that's the strategy I ended up using to beat it.

Before I was trying to be super clever. Attacking a patrol to trick the convoy into leaving the airport... setting C4 in the road for an ambush. Yeah... it was clever, but it didn't work. All & all I spent 3 hours banging my head against a wall for this mission, and with the strategy in that video I beat it in 3 minutes. >__<

Yes. And that's the strategy I ended up using to beat it.

Before I was trying to be super clever. Attacking a patrol to trick the convoy into leaving the airport... setting C4 in the road for an ambush. Yeah... it was clever, but it didn't work. All & all I spent 3 hours banging my head against a wall for this mission, and with the strategy in that video I beat it in 3 minutes. >__<

Haha, i know the feeling, luckily it didn't happen to me.
The convoy stops for a time on the road somewhere, and i crawled through the mud up to it and fulton extracted it right under their noses ^^

Oh boy... This game.

I liked the character designs in it until I saw this:

and then even less after this (Spoilers, sort of, It's not story stuff but watch out):

Not tooting the feminist horn, just wish she had some clothes - Other than that she's a badass.
The gameplay is fun - It's pretty - But Kojima's stories and characters just baffle me..

At least B. Boss looks cool.

Been watching it more than playing it - the other half has it on PS4 and we've been playing together the last few days.

---------- Updated at 12:50 PM ----------

MGS V looked so cool in theory - if it just wasn't so stupidly goofy. I can't get over its silliness so I'll likely skip it... <_<

I wouldn't have bought it for myself.

Not my sort of game - but I'll play it if I don't have to buy it {:

It's like if a Japanese guy wrote an 80's, Hollywood, Generic action movie.

Last edited:
Oh boy... This game.

I liked the character designs in it until I saw this:

and then even less after this (Spoilers, sort of, It's not story stuff but watch out):

Not tooting the feminist horn, just wish she had some clothes - Other than that she's a badass.

I haven't seen the part you posted in the spoilers yet but as for her clothing, what's wrong with it? not only does it serve as a compensation for having to watch a dude's ass for an hour or so during the prologue, it actually has a (somewhat reasonable) reason for it... and it's what she wants to do wear, as stated in one of her cut scenes when we learn that she beat up a soldier trying to dress her...

I do agree that there's a certain degree of fan service involved here, especially when you are fooling around with your idroid in the ACC and you see her pull a series of poses in the background. But then again, it's no different that what my gf does when trying to lure me away from the computer. Since this only seems to happen when the bond with her is advanced (meaning that she's grown fond of BB) it's just a girl teasing a guy she likes, a very human thing imo...

Other than that, I concur that she is a total badass...

But as for her clothing, what's wrong with it?

What clothing?
- When you're getting shot at I'd rather at least be wearing clothes, not my underwear. - Boss' outfit is suitable for fighting in hers is.. lacking.

compensation for having to watch a dude's ass for an hour or so during the prologue

I am sure you were dying due to it - Ahaha, it's not really anything to need compensating for unless it did real damage to you - in which case I am sorry Kojima did so.

it's what she wants to wear

I am sure this is the excuse of every scantily clad character in videogames ever.

it's no different that what my gf does when trying to lure me away from the computer.

Freefall from a helicopter and seductively roll around in a puddle? Damn, that's some dedication - hope it works {:

she is a total badass...

Aye, she is.

The gameplay is fun - It's pretty - But Kojima's stories and characters just baffle me..
A part of me thinks Quiet was created to be the ultimate fan service. Seeing as how it's Kojima's last game and all. I mean, a crack sniper with superpowers who runs around in a bikini and bra? What about that isn't fan-service-y to the extreme?

It's like if a Japanese guy wrote an 80's, Hollywood, Generic action movie.
That's basically the concept of the entire series. I forget the exact word, but I once read an article that said MGS is a positive caricature of 1980's action stars. Snake himself is 100% ripped off from Snake Plissken of Escape from New York.

As you can see the likeness is very striking.

A part of me thinks Quiet was created to be the ultimate fan service. Seeing as how it's Kojima's last game and all. I mean, a crack sniper with superpowers who runs around in a bikini and bra? What about that isn't fan-service-y to the extreme?

Maybe... they need to make her thong a little more modern and then we can call it ultimate...

I am sure you were dying due to it - Ahaha, it's not really anything to need compensating for unless it did real damage to you - in which case I am sorry Kojima did so.

Thank you for your sympathy :) It was a really troubling sight...

Freefall from a helicopter and seductively roll around in a puddle? Damn, that's some dedication - hope it works {:

Not exactly (I wish), I meant how she moves around and strikes different poses when inside the ACC ...

What clothing?
- When you're getting shot at I'd rather at least be wearing clothes, not my underwear. - Boss' outfit is suitable for fighting in hers is.. lacking.

Considering she survived 4-5 tranq. sniper rounds before collapsing, I would argue she doesn't need more armor...

And seeing how she "breathes"through her skin, it does makes sense in a way for her to be exposed...

Spoiler Mission 20
Just finished mission 20 last night and the experiments with the lungs they were carrying out in the factory gave me a really bad feeling about what she might have gone through to end up that way

Last edited:
Seeing as how it's Kojima's last game and all. I mean, a crack sniper with superpowers who runs around in a bikini and bra? What about that isn't fan-service-y to the extreme?

Hmm. But characters can be attractive without being naked, can be cool without being naked and be a great sniper without being nude ahaha.

Two of the best female characters who I personally think were extremely attractive and badass, admittedly Ripley strips at the end of Alien but then promptly dresses again.

That's basically the concept of the entire series.

Aye, and I think I remember that film.. Think I watched it with my Da'.

Last edited:
Another thing what are your thoughts on the whole FOB online part? I went to bed yesterday right as the option came up and today I'm supposed to do it, I don't really want to miss out on an important piece of game play, but I've heard it doesn't come without its share of problems...

I find FOB more a hassle, mainly since you're forced into it :/

Regarding Quiet again.
Her design is ridiculous, they could have rolled with the exact explanation, and given her some shorts and a sports bra, would have worked just as well, personally i even think having her completely naked would be better than this -.-

And the explanation is inconsitant, because if she breathes through her skin and wears the minimal amount of clothing for this to be as smooth as possible, then there is absolutely no need for the stockings as they serve no purpose other than making her look sexy and this is the problem.
Her looking sexy takes precedence over every fucking thing in the game, it does not matter if it's an emotional scene, funny or sad the focus is always on her tits, this is just outright bad storytelling.

quiet and paz both fit the japanese cultural equivalent of "camp", so it actually works. the only inconsistent part of this game is how sometimes it wants the player to take it seriously.

I find FOB more a hassle, mainly since you're forced into it :/

I started yesterday with this feature and I gotta say, just realized the internet is filled with so many exaggerations and whining. (yeah I know)

There were posts and negativity about folks who claimed it had ruined their games, that they had lost everything, that they got invaded back to back etc...

When in fact, it's like you said, a hassle, provided you don't like the Mother Base aspect of the game of course, if you do like it then it's just building another base, with different timers and the extra need to assign some security...

And it is "forced" because it is intended to be a part of the gameplay, the game assumes you'll be building a minimun of two (original + 1st FOB) when counting how many people are needed for research...

I haven't even been invaded yet... but if I do, so what? If I lose some resources, it is off-set by the extra you get from the base, not to mention I can just hop to one of the enemy camps and extract some containers...

Losing some personnel is something that happens naturally as you do Combat Deployments, so again, nothing out of the ordinary... and getting extra people is even easier than containers... just head to an outpost, hide in the outskirts, order Quiet (with a silenced tranq rifle) to "cover you", have a quick smoke or something and then extract the sleeping enemies...

Which bring us to the next point, Quiet. Not going to talk about her appearance again, but rather, her effect in gameplay... or in other words, she is OP as f..k...

She can (and will) clear entire bases -or most of them- by herself... that on itself isn’t the problem. She is introduced in the game as the ultimate sniper so it makes sense for her to be able to do that. You can add a suppressor to your tranq rifle and do the same thing. The problem lies in the back that she seems to be invulnerable.
I’ve witnessed 10 or more guys, plus mortar support, zeroing in on her and she just kept firing, with the occasional relocation. As a player, any attempt to be that reckless will just get you killed eventually. Granted I’m just in the middle of the game, perhaps later some enemies will get better gear or something.
Compare that to DD. The enemies will just shoo him away, but if he tries a frontal attack on them he will be shot down.

Which bring us to the next point, Quiet. Not going to talk about her appearance again, but rather, her effect in gameplay... or in other words, she is OP as f..k...

She can (and will) clear entire bases -or most of them- by herself... that on itself isn’t the problem. She is introduced in the game as the ultimate sniper so it makes sense for her to be able to do that. You can add a suppressor to your tranq rifle and do the same thing. The problem lies in the back that she seems to be invulnerable.
I’ve witnessed 10 or more guys, plus mortar support, zeroing in on her and she just kept firing, with the occasional relocation. As a player, any attempt to be that reckless will just get you killed eventually. Granted I’m just in the middle of the game, perhaps later some enemies will get better gear or something.
Compare that to DD. The enemies will just shoo him away, but if he tries a frontal attack on them he will be shot down.

They will get better gear but she will still be OP :/
I personally only used her ever since i got her and she only got taken down once and she still recovered in like 10 minutes and i could redeploy her.

Though one thing unrelated to this i want to say, there is a mission in "Chapter 2" that is fucking amazing,honestly it's one of the best made missions ive ever played, look forward to it :yes

---------- Updated at 05:30 AM ----------

Too sexy for me mate :rofl:

the only inconsistent part of this game is how sometimes it wants the player to take it seriously.
Yep. And it's especially odd considering the game does such a good job painting a believable political backdrop for the plot, and even frequently makes reference to real world atrocities such as the Rwandan Genocide, but then turns around and acts so cheesy.

edit: it's not clearly stated in that wikipage. But the Hutus and Tutsis were artificially segregated by a colonial nation, which directly lead to racial tensions between the two groups and the eventual genocide. There's a mission in MGSV that makes explicit references to this.

Last edited:
I like it!

And I hate it! Well, bits of it.

The stealth feels very..clumsy? SLAM open door. Can't peek out of toilets before exited, ( i.e open a little bit and look). Tends to auto-crouch me from a crawl on rough terrain. I could go on and on. Compared to Thief, Deus Ex or Hitman, the stealth is pretty weak.

Firefights are fun, feeling exciting and tactical. I like base management. I like research rewards. I like capturing people and gear.

I dislike forced-cutscene combat, ( yes, the Evil Super Soldiers are coming. Lettttt's....stand here, jaw agape. THE REAL SNAKE (PLISSKEN) WOULD NOT MAKE THIS MISTAKE!). I dislike the teenage-scale writing and plot level, especially coming off the Witcher. And Shadowrun. And Pillars.

The "misogyny" or whatever you want to call the nude sniper, ( she breathes through her skin! THAT'S CONVENIENT) is tiresome. So far, it's wall to wall penis around here, except for scantily-clad sniper babe. Yeah, I'm not 14 anymore, I kind of like fully dressed women as much as their less dressed versions.

So, mixed. No GOTY for me, whatever that means anymore. Should be fun, lots of play ahead. Good filler until the Expansions come out and Fallout 4.

(Also liking Mad Max more, but that's a different story...)

I made my way to Africa yetsterday night. It is looks way better than Afghanistan. I like both places, but I am missing some taiga, or tundra like places. Some more cold, snowy enviroment woudl be nice.

Top Bottom