Metal gear solid v! Tpp & gz

+
Guys, I played about 2-3 hours of this game and I simply don't get what the fuss is all about. Bear in mind that I have never played a MGS game before. To me this is just another Farcry 3 style openworld with lots of "stuff" to do. I am getting incredibly bored of this kind of game and I think games are better off without such a huge world. So please tell me: Why should I play this game and why is it so good?

Guys, I played about 2-3 hours of this game and I simply don't get what the fuss is all about. Bear in mind that I have never played a MGS game before. To me this is just another Farcry 3 style openworld with lots of "stuff" to do. I am getting incredibly bored of this kind of game and I think games are better off without such a huge world. So please tell me: Why should I play this game and why is it so good?
Judging from fans' reactions to the story, I would ignore the fact that it's a MGS game if I were you. It seems as far as they're concerned MGSV might as well have never been made.

Speaking for myself, I really enjoy the early missions. It's a fantastic sand-box covert-ops/stealth-action game IMO. Sadly, the story is underwhelming to say the least and the later missions have a restrictive structure . It becomes a boring grind to level up mother base. And, of course, that means you're forced to complete missions non-lethally. Which directly contradicts the sand-box design of the game. That's the games biggest flaw, IMO.

I don't explore the "open-world" much. For the most part I ignore that it's even there. I approach each base as a separate mission like Ground Zeroes. And TBH that prolly would've been the superior way to design the game.

If there is one positive thing I can say about MGS 5 is that it made me appreciate how much of a good game witcher 3 really is. I beat chapter 1 and I am already bored of the stupid ass resource gathering, long ass wait times for shit to get done in motherbase, the pointless open world, all of the games story being in cassete tapes since cutscene motion capture is expensive and padding out the already long game with stupid shit like forcing you to replay older missions (??)

I love the stealth, I love seeing an A+ soldier out in the field and stalking him just so I could fulton him, it's just a shame that the rest of the game is just so lackluster. Apparently this game wasn't even finished, with the last chapter being cut out of the game. Such a disappointment.

So... Metal Gear Online launches tomorrow. Watching the trailers it looks like maybe that's where all the development time went, lol!

edit: nvm. Not coming to PC until 2016. Darn it!

Last edited:
Holy f!@#$ing shit! Konami blocked Hideo Kojima from receiving his GOTY award at the VGAs. Snake's voice actor accepted it on Kojima's behalf.

Geoff Keighley told it straight to the audience on live TV and they booed their hearts out.

Last edited:
That was easily the biggest gaming fail of the year... My reaction was "What the fuck, Konami?". I mean, seriously... Successful step towards the most hated gaming company, I'll give them that.

The most disappointing game of the year.. I am a huge MGS fan and that game was like a kick in the face. While the gameplay was fun, the lack of story and the terribly repetitive missions were just.. a huge joy killer. It had nothing of the earlier MGS games. Honestly, I'd rather pretend it never happened.

On the other hand... it made me appreciate The Witcher 3 even more. :smile:

The most disappointing game of the year.. I am a huge MGS fan and that game was like a kick in the face. While the gameplay was fun, the lack of story and the terribly repetitive missions were just.. a huge joy killer. It had nothing of the earlier MGS games. Honestly, I'd rather pretend it never happened.

On the other hand... it made me appreciate The Witcher 3 even more. :smile:

MGS 5 in general is just a mess, people like to give shit to Konami over the way they treated Kojima. Yeah they are dicks ,but that doesn't change the fact that MGS 5 had been in development for at least 5 years and it was released unfinished.

I was considering buying it, but lack of proper save system put me off. I will wait for sale 75% off.

MGS 5 in general is just a mess, people like to give shit to Konami over the way they treated Kojima. Yeah they are dicks ,but that doesn't change the fact that MGS 5 had been in development for at least 5 years and it was released unfinished.

THIS. You can't only blame Konami for that mess. As much as I'd like to be happy about all the Kojima Production news, I still feel betrayed about the mess that is MGSV.

i still dont get how this game got a 93 on metacritic, Witcher 3 has a 92!!!!!!!! LMAO

Even the 8.2 average rating from the users are way too high (Witcher 3 has a 9.1)

Nevertheless it was still a good unfinished game with sooooooooooooooooo much wasted potential imo.

Top Bottom