Meteorite Powder is WAY too Expensive

+
Meteorite Powder is WAY too Expensive

CDPR has said this resource was created because they worked really hard on the Premium art and want everyone to have them eventually. Love the idea, but the cost of that powder is extremely overvalued.

If you want to craft every premium card in the game, at the current $58.49 USD for 7200 powder, it would cost you $1,138 USD! IMO, very few people will consider buying powder at that rate.

I think the cost of powder should be cut in half, at least, for people to even entertain this as a reasonable way to spend their money on this game.

Well, considering you get quite a good amount of that powder at the end of every season (get to rank 18-19 isn't that hard) i think the price is fine. Powder cost for bronze card seems like a bit too much tho: half the cost of a gold card, but you can put 3 in your deck, so actually it's more expensive.

I don't think there's really any reason to lower prices when it's strictly a cosmetic item. It's a way for CDPR to make extra money, and people to support the game if they so choose. you're right in saying nobody is going to spend $1K on powder, however you don't need to spend even close to that amount to get all the foiled cards. I currently have 8k power and haven't spent a dime on buying any. Plus there's the fact that you open animated cards pretty regularly.

Maybe there's an argument to be made that lowering the price of powder would increase profits for CDPR, but I'm not really sure that's true. Maybe if they lowered it slightly they'd get more profit over the long-run, but I don't think people are going to suddenly start buying twice as much powder if they halve the price. Better to have expensive cosmetic items than expensive items that actually influence gameplay.

Powder is just for cosmetic items, so the price isn't as important (compared to kegs). Also, you can get Powder through varies means. Besides, you don't need to have all the premiums; only the ones you are actively using. Let's complete the normal collection first. Then we talk.

MooshieMooshie;n9507221 said:
Maybe there's an argument to be made that lowering the price of powder would increase profits for CDPR, but I'm not really sure that's true.

That's exactly what I'm arguing.

I'm a whale. I'd chuck a few hundred bucks into this game (already have), and probably a few thousand over the game's lifetime, if it last long enough. But considering I'm likely CDPR's target customer in creating this resource (meteorite powder), and I won't buy it b/c it's too expensive, means they've overvalued their product.

Of course some extremely select few people will buy it, but they'd likely sell a lot more if the price came down. I would guess that cutting their price in half would increase the amount of powder purchased by MUCH more than double. Their current powder purchase rate must be close to 0%. So even 0.01% sales rate to 1% sales is 2 orders of magnitude increase in profits, which would be a win for CDPR and a win for it's player base.

Last edited:
4RM3D;n9507411 said:
Powder is just for cosmetic items, so the price isn't as important (compared to kegs).

MooshieMooshie;n9507221 said:
I don't think there's really any reason to lower prices when it's strictly a cosmetic item.

To consider a price not important isn't rational. If it cost $1000 per 400 meteorite powder, would that be reasonable? There is a great amount of resources dedicated by developers to come up with these price points.

Say CDPR created this currency (meteorite powder) with an exchange rate of $20 USD to 400 powder (the cost of crafting 1 gold premium). Someone would probably pay this. Let's assume they reduced the price to $10 USD for 400 powder. It's likely that the same exact number of people who were willing to pay the $20 will pay this price, but no more. Drop it to $5 and you may or may not have the same result.

The question is, at what price, will CDPR reach more people willing to buy this resource; at what point will they maximize profits? If this price point isn't optimized (and I don't believe it is), then people will not buy powder, and the currency shouldn't exist.

DrDang

The price still matters, but compared to kegs, it's still less important. As to what the best rate is, I cannot tell. CDPR has all the sale data and they can draw their own conclusions. Giving an oversimplified example, if 50.000 people now regularly buy Powder for $20 and CDPR drops the price to $10, which increased the sales to 75.000, then it's not worth it (1M vs 750k). I don't know what the "sweet spot" is.

I really love the animated cards, so I thought I'd buy some powder. But when I saw the prices I was immediately turned away. I don't even have a full collection, but the animated cards are so attractive!
Long story short, if CDPR lowers the cost of Meteorite powder by 25%, I will consider buying it. If they lower it by 35% or more, I will buy it. In its current state, I won't buy it.

I dont mind the prices.However what they can do,is to lower the powder price,like once a month maybe?Or keep the same price as present,and instead increase the amount of powder?

Top Bottom