Metro Exodus

+
Looking forward to this game more than I have for only a few before. I don't even know if that is a proper sentence.

Having seen the gameplay from E3 I have to say I'm really hoping this game will be released via gog from day 1.

The PC version is using Denuvo according to the Steam store page (the information was apparently added a few days ago), so a GOG release seems unlikely at the moment. Maybe at some later point.

Metro Exodus will apparently be exclusive to the Epic Games store for 1 year (source). People who already pre-ordered on Steam can still play that version, however.

According to Polygon hard copies will still include Steam keys which is something I suppose, but this has kind of left a bad taste in my mouth which leaves me questioning whether I'll bother. Not sure how this bodes for the DLC Deep Silver mention in their post, though I'm concerned they'll be pulling a Bethesda and charging for content that should have been there in the first place.

Epic as in the Epic store?

I am sure that the developers are not very happy about that decision too. Even the author said he will "watch the franchise being killed"

In my opinion its grey like everything. They want more money because Steam wants a big cut and expect the gamers who already use steam to switch. This is good because steam as a platform is weakened but not good because epic is not so good compared to steam. There are no reviews and other things. Epic has given too much money to avoid. After 1 year metro will be available in steam too(if its true what i read) I don't like this money greed from the publisher. PC Users should not be hindered by shitty console exclusive deals(not console exclusive but you get my idea :D) and its not very good communicated with the Users, to be honest its very last minute changed.

Another thing i don't like is that on their homepage if you want to buy the statue they show you the picture with the aurora collectors edition but it actually says its only the statue(and few other goodies) in the text. This is very strange and not acceptable. (sry for my engrish, today is not a good day lol)

I hope that metro will sell. This franchise should continue!

I can tell i am very hyped for that game!!!!!!! i hope that the openworld does not limit the story they can tell with epic ingame cutscenes. I want many metro stations too!!!! I must buy the damn book now, this is so unfair but maybe next month.

A GOOD TIP: AVOID YOUTUBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they will spoil the game!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
However it's non-open world game that can't guarantee a player-freedom. I'd rather play Fallout 3.

I am afraid that open-world will kill that atmosphere of underground which everyone liked so much. Smb who'll play, tell me, please, if they make an accent on trains and tunnels or open territories?

Loving it so far. It's almost 4 in the morning here and I've barely managed to stop myself from playing it any longer. What little concerns I've had about the open world-ish aspect are no longer relevant, it blends in perfectly. Worth every cent so far (9h in).

Loving it so far. It's almost 4 in the morning here and I've barely managed to stop myself from playing it any longer. What little concerns I've had about the open world-ish aspect are no longer relevant, it blends in perfectly. Worth every cent so far (9h in).

I am also loving it, as is my son. And soon, my Russian friend who gets to listen to it in his native tongue.

So good. Buggy, yes. Ranger Hardcore stealth detection is glitchy-high. Like, through walls visually.

But. So beautiful! So fun! So..interesting? I'm liking where they went and where we are going with this.

Top notch game. Visually stunning, engrossing story, immersive gameplay. Especially that final mission.. ooh boy. A solid 8,5/10 from me. Could have been higher if it weren't for some serious bugs and a tad over-dramatic performances at times. Might not seem like a big deal but you're supposed to become attached to the people you're traveling with, empathize with their struggles, which was probably what they were aiming for, it just kinda missed with me. I highly recommend it to anyone. You owe it to yourself to play this.

I rather enjoyed the detail of the game, though, the repetition of some cookie-cutter assets becomes noticeable after awhile.
The weapons modding mechanic, was excellent and I like how it's staggered where you can change the mods on the 3 weapons you're allowed to carry at any time, and can craft certain items on the fly, but, other items and weapons maintenance like cleaning can't be crafted without a weapons workbench.
The only thing I had a minor issue with regarding that is the weapons selection load-out could only be changed at the train crafting station workbench. You select weapons 1, 2, and 3, and you can swap out 1, 2, and 3 in the field if you find and kill someone with something you decide you want to use more instead, but, only if you find it. It would have been nice if you could choose from all of your weapons at any weapons workbench. I recognize that as unrealistic but, it would have been a little more convenient.

My biggest problem with the game was the old "Now we take all your weapons away" level.
I've complained about that trope in the game industry before and find it annoying AF. You collect a bunch of things throughout a game, and then, suddenly, you're forced to give it all up, and gimp by without for ... reasons. Ugh.

The stealth system was fun. If you're noticed after attacking someone, that's it; they're on alert, and they don't forget about you after X amount of time, like all those guys in Skyrim that could be oblivious about an arrow sticking out of their head.
No, once the enemy knows you're there, they're on alert, and stay that way for that location.
It would, however, have been nice if they'd have included a pick-up body mechanic to allow for hiding dropped enemies from roaming patrols. That's not a big issue, but, it'd've been a nice feature.

The game was also much shorter than I would have liked. If you're something of a completionist given to spending lots of time on doing, finding, and seeing all the thingses, and it's a game on rails that doesn't have branching stories, or multiple endings, then, once you've done one play through, there's not much incentive to play the game again, ever ... unless you just want to repeat yourself.

Over all, it's a beautiful game with fantastic voice acting, stellar cut scenes, an interesting story, wonderful details, and fun weapons system. It's, however, a shorter game than I like and doesn't have a high replay value.

I personally think it's highly overrated.
All things about this game are a little under the average level, from gameplay (that damn input lag) to voice acting (italian language is terrebly out of sync), from light (goes from deep black inside caves to deep white in the desert, i mean total white) and the story is just... predictable.
I loved other metro games, but this looked to me as a loveless homework from school close the story.

I thought several times "this looks like fallout 4, with even less RPG, and with input lag".

Sorry.

All things about this game are a little under the average level, from gameplay (that damn input lag) to voice acting (italian language is terrebly out of sync), from light (goes from deep black inside caves to deep white in the desert, i mean total white) and the story is just... predictable.
I loved other metro games, but this looked to me as a loveless homework from school close the story.

I thought several times "this looks like fallout 4, with even less RPG, and with input lag".

Sorry.

Seems you've been experiencing some unusual issues.

I had 0 input lag, that i could notice.
Also no "white desert" thingy...

PC version?

Sorry.
I'm the same as Sild. I had zero input lag. My colors, and brightness settings were also fantastic.
If yu were having input lag, and voices out of sync, you may very well be experiencing problems more connected to whatever hardware you're playing the game on.

I'll agree that the story was predictable. The moment Anna continued coughing, they couldn't leave that drum beat alone, and made it important.
It also had that "now we take away all your stuff" level, and I, personally, really hate that trope in gaming.

There were also some noticeable differences between the demo game play clips and some things after launch, but, that's not too big a deal.

My biggest complaint was how short the game was, even for the way I play games where I try to see all the things, find all the secrets, seek out and do every objective, side, and unlisted thing.

Seems you've been experiencing some unusual issues.

I had 0 input lag, that i could notice.
Also no "white desert" thingy...

PC version?
Ps4.
This is the situation (that's someone else and i found several topics around about the issue):

Obv it has input lag only when i start playing metro, other games are normal as usual.
About the sync: italian voice sync (and acting) in this game is just bad, believe me.

Ps4.
This is the situation (that's someone else and i found several topics around about the issue):

Obv it has input lag only when i start playing metro, other games are normal as usual.
About the sync: italian voice sync (and acting) in this game is just bad, believe me.

This is not an accurate assessment, unfortunately. When such a problem is in the software, everyone, without exception, has that issue. Now, I've personally seen the game running on PS4 just fine. It's not something that's inherent in the game, but rather it's something that can arise with certain configurations.

Time was when consoles were universal enough that such things were virtually non-issues. As the hardware in most consoles is now beginning to rival the complexity of full-blown PCs (in fact, it's arguable that modern consoles are full-blown PCs at their core), then issues that arise will become more complex.

Normally, input lag is a result of frame-timing. Very often when the output of a screen is out of sync with the frequency of input signals being received from the gamepad, mouse, flightstick, etc. To troubleshoot:

1.) Try seeing if your display has a Game Mode setting. If that's what you're already using, try switching it to something else. And/or many TVs have an outright refresh rate setting. Try jacking that up as high as it will go.

2.) If using advanced features like 2K/4K settings or HDR, disable them and see if it makes a difference. Of course, this should work if a game was made for it, but there's no guarantee it will in every situation with all hardware. If it clears the issue up, that's useful for the devs in tracking down the bug.

3.) Watch out for other signals nearby. Having other devices (especially wireless things like phones, laptops, etc.) can wreak all sorts of havoc with other wireless things. It could be a simple lack of bandwidth or a Hz conflict.

4.) A few times in the past, odd issues have been caused by smart TVs that come with their own anti-hacking software. Check the settings on the TV and disable it to see if that clears anything up.

Since the issue is not universal, it's highly unlikely that the game is the cause. Rather, something Metro is doing (even aside from other games on PS4) is exacerbating an issue you have with your configuration. It's very true that patches for Metro may be written to clear it up, but it doesn't mean that it's the game itself that's causing it. Such patches are usually remedying the symptom, not the cause. It's wholly possible that you'll see this problem crop up again in the future unless you can figure out specifically what's happening on your end.

EDIT: Ooo -- big afterthought! Video capture and streaming features: be sure those are disabled while playing and see if that makes any difference. Especially at 2K+ resolutions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom