Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

+
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Trailer for a new game

Never seen anything like this before.

This is so unique it's hilarious.

(how many games did you see the last 8 minutes watching this trailer?)

Szelius said:
Looks good, but I find there something from assassin's creed (1:11 those ropes between buildings :) look very familiar) or Prince of persia - acrobacy, combo, eagle vision and those speacial attacks like something from Dishonored.

But I am not saying it's just copy, I hope it will be good game, even if I won't probably play it (I am not big player :) ).

Szelius said:
Trailer for a new game

This is so unique it's hilarious.

(how many games did you see the last 8 minutes watching this trailer?)

15 games at least :)/>/>

But if the game is good,i dont really care what games it copy pasted,but this one looks interesting .
so for now it has only my curiosity but not my attention.

Maaan even THIS game has a big walkthrough video

C'MON RED, it's long overdue, p-please? :(

I REALLY like those Animations, facial, Combat, everything, those Animations are really fantastic. Also the way he can use the environment in Combat, like how he uses the Orc as a shield & then throws him into the fire.

Looks like a big mix of Tomb Raider, Assassin's Creed & Arkham Asylum/City. Which I don't have an issue with "taking inspiration" but it looks like they've literally just copied the Gameplay of all 3 games & thrown it together with this new Nemesis system. Nemesis system looks cool, but I don't think its enough to save this game. However I'm bias, I haven't really liked the game from the start just because of how ridiculous the concept sounds being associated with Middle Earth. The whole tagline about the character & his origin is just laughable.

"Looks like a big mix of Tomb Raider, Assassin's Creed & Arkham Asylum/City."

Mixes is what happens in my stomach. I don't care much about technical prouesse.
For me, this whole playthrough looked like uninspired shit.

I have to admit, I've been having doubts about this game since its announcement, considering what a big Tolkien fan I am. The combat looks very interesting and innovative and I am really looking forward to the nemesis system. The fact that one of the RDR writers is on board is also encouraging. However, I am concerned about how they are treating the lore. Wraiths are servitors of Sauron that have NO free will. I understand this was done to make the gameplay more interesting but it still leaves me worried. Still, I am happy to see that they are trying to innovate. The game looks gorgeous too. Will keeping an eye on it.

@CDPR

THIS is how you make a trailer.

Cormacolindor said:
I have to admit, I've been having doubts about this game since its announcement, considering what a big Tolkien fan I am. The combat looks very interesting and innovative and I am really looking forward to the nemesis system. The fact that one of the RDR writers is on board is also encouraging. However, I am concerned about how they are treating the lore. Wraiths are servitors of Sauron that have NO free will. I understand this was done to make the gameplay more interesting but it still leaves me worried. Still, I am happy to see that they are trying to innovate. The game looks gorgeous too. Will keeping an eye on it.

Same here. Looks badass.

I think I pretty much decided this project is hopeless the moment I saw their anouncement video (that was posted and discussed on this very forum):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD4RuVTAFIo

ReptilePZ said:
I think I pretty much decided this project is hopeless the moment I saw their anouncement video (that was posted and discussed on this very forum):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD4RuVTAFIo

What makes you think it is hopeless?

I primarily saw the climbing system/eagle vision system from Assassin's Creed and the combat system from the Arkham series. But none the less I thought the game actually looked pretty good.

KingHochmeister said:
Next-gen gaming is looking awesome!
Agreed, the animations are very good. I really hope CDPR won't underwhelm in that aspect (I fear they might).
Btw, the climbing animations are ridiculously AC-like.

Top Bottom