Middle mouse button/wheel does not work

+
Hello,
I am using Logitech MX master mouse with latest drivers and middle mouse button/wheel does not work, unable to click things or scroll.
Mouse has no issues, works on other apps/games, also MX master 2S mouse tested and it has the same issue.
Post automatically merged:

Tested when mouse is connected via Bluetooth or logitech unifying receiver, same issue middle mouse buttom/wheel does not work.

uninstalled the logitech options software

and you retrieve mouse middle click and scroll wheel

Saaame. I really hope that this problem has received a lot of attention and someone's working on a fix.

the fix, for now, is to open your Logitech Options software and go to Point & Scroll tab and disable Smooth Scrolling. Works fine when that is turned off.

the fix, for now, is to open your Logitech Options software and go to Point & Scroll tab and disable Smooth Scrolling. Works fine when that is turned off.
Now here's the problem: My Smooth Scrolling has ALWAYS been off in options, so that doesn't seem to work for me.

None of these work for my MX Master 2S.
I turned off smooth scrolling
I edited the .xml file as per the reddit thread, and then changed a separate mouse button binding to force Options to reload the xml.
And I uninstalled Logitech Options completely.
After each attempted fix, I completely rebooted the computer. Still can't use middle mouse button in game

None of these work for my MX Master 2S.
I turned off smooth scrolling
I edited the .xml file as per the reddit thread, and then changed a separate mouse button binding to force Options to reload the xml.
And I uninstalled Logitech Options completely.
After each attempted fix, I completely rebooted the computer. Still can't use middle mouse button in game
Same here with my MX Master 1

A workround was found according to this YouTube video: How To Fix Cyberpunk 2077's Middle Mouse Button issue (can't tag enemies) - YouTube
Worked for me...
It's a good video but it only gives the same solution as the reddit post (editing the Logitech Options XML), which doesn't work for me.
Someone else posted an alternative option on that same reddit post, explaining how you can easily edit the game files to change all key bindings, including bindings that can't be changed through the in-game menu. I've used that to change all middle mouse button bindings to tilde. Seems to be the most convenient work around for me.
https://www.reddit.com/r/LogitechG/comments/ka1xm7/_/gf959y5

Same problem with my MX master. Neither .xml-editing nor turning smooth scrolling off worked so far.

Top Bottom