Midnight Launches

+

Midnight Launches

• Yes. Even though TW1 and 2 may not have been, this one will definitely warrant a midnight event.

Votes: 39 59.1%
  • No. I dont think so. As much as i would want it to happen, i just doubt it is popular enough for it.

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Dont really know. TW series is popular but i am not sure it is enough to get a midnight launch.

Votes: 18 27.3%

• Total voters
I think it'll get a reasonable midnight launch.

I did a couple o' midnight launches, last one being Borderlands 2. Too many annoying people asking to swap insert gaming machine tags and other nonsense, but hey I'm an introvert.

Although there was a hot mom or two there on occasion, picking up a game for their brat.

I'll be nice and supplied at home on midnight, pre-ordered on GoG. Amazon will probably have my physical to me the next day or two. Also taking that next two weeks off. Can't wait.

Last edited:
Hm, I don't know doesn't express my opinion. I think that the whole discussion is pointless, especially right now. I mean, there are still MONTHS until release and you guys discuss whether the game will be released a few HOURS earlier at a far away day in February next year? If you have the patience to wait another six months, a few additional hours shouldn't be any issue of real importance imo. ;)

I say no. Most of it's previous success was over a long period of time and mostly on PC. That's not the kind of thing they do Midnight sales for.

Now, if Witcher 3 is a huge seller on consoles, then Cyberpunk might get a midnight release.

Witcher 3 is a going to a be a monster of a release compared to Witcher 1, and 2 which where PC only releases with a single console port for Witcher 2 like a year later. Witcher 3 on the other hand is coming out on Xbone, PS4, and PC. With massive fanfare, great marketing, and the first decent game for many people who bought into the Xbone, PS4 train a little to early. So we can expect the full nine yards with its release. Midnight launch, drunken parties, black jack, and hooker for everybody!

I'm not sure about the small part of the world outside Poland, but I expect some launch events over here.

At least in Brazil I think we will not have one. Only if CDPR arrange something or some store do one. Usually Blizzard and Ubisoft, as they have a huge presence here, do that kind of action.

Let's see, cold winter night I can either sit on a street corner and wait for a game that'll still be there tomorrow, or have a few beers, a belly full of scran and try it on with our lass. Yeah fuck midnight launches.

Edit: Unless they stick on free beer, grub and pro's. If so i'll be there.

Let's see, cold winter night I can either sit on a street corner and wait for a game that'll still be there tomorrow, or have a few beers, a belly full of scran and try it on with our lass. Yeah fuck midnight launches.

Edit: Unless they stick on free beer, grub and pro's. If so i'll be there.

Most midnight launches have free giveaways and the ones in the cities have food and such. Apparently the ones in America are even bigger.

I have heard some crazy things from the Americans in my time but i have yet to prove what they say.

At least in Brazil I think we will not have one. Only if CDPR arrange something or some store do one. Usually Blizzard and Ubisoft, as they have a huge presence here, do that kind of action.

Maybe some store in são paulo (with that 20 millions insane population), but outside europe, the witcher market is way smaller. So in poland, germany and russia probably will have ( I think). some bigger stores more to the west in big cities, like london, also
Usa is Usa, and after giving a copy of tw2 to obama; making a comic for usa public; making a board game for this purpose; a fucking moba,;and best rpg ign, people choice awards ign, people choice awards ps4, people choice awards xone, people choice award pc, people choice award overall at gamespot, it's enough marketing to have midnight release in usa, or at least in big cities
Seriously the brazilian game market may be one of the biggest but it's too generic, like i see adults buying CoD A LOT (not only kids), my friends thinks are gamers but their most expected game is assassins creed (at least this is their only fault gaming-related),, once I said CoD sucks to my friend (at least for that he agrees) inside a game store and a random spawned kid criticising me. NO, there won't be here in Brazil

Last edited:
Maybe some store in são paulo (with that 20 millions insane population), but outside europe, the witcher market is way smaller. So in poland, germany and russia probably will have ( I think). some bigger stores more to the west in big cities, like london, also
Usa is Usa, and after giving a copy of tw2 to obama; making a comic for usa public; making a board game for this purpose; a fucking moba,;and best rpg ign, people choice awards ign, people choice awards ps4, people choice awards xone, people choice award pc, people choice award overall at gamespot, it's enough marketing to have midnight release in usa, or at least in big cities
Seriously the brazilian game market may be one of the biggest but it's too generic, like i see adults buying CoD A LOT (not only kids), my friends thinks are gamers but their most expected game is assassins creed (at least this is their only fault gaming-related),, once I said CoD sucks to my friend (at least for that he agrees) inside a game store and a random spawned kid criticising me. NO, there won't be here in Brazil

Yeah, unfortunately the most desired games in Brazil are DOTA, LOL and FPS. Ubisoft is changing that, but RPG is still something a unknown here. And there's a lot of fanboys. I like CoD, but is not the best game. Wolfeistein: The New Order smashed CoD: Ghosts at story, at least in my opinion.

Rather than to ask whether Witcher 3 deserves it (I do foresee it depending on the country/state/area as some places Witcher is more hyped than other) a better question is whether a midnight release is actually necessary.
In terms of the commotion it will cause here's a couple of people who are getting screwed.

A; People in the surrounding area who won't be able to sleep properly because the ruckus outside (because these ones are never quiet events).
B; The store owner/employer who have to not only deal with all the craziness but also stay up to midnight where lots of weirdos are in the neighbourhood checking in.
C; The cops who have to stay up until midnight to keep the order in balance, either triggering extra strain on them or extra strain on the tax payers who have to supplement the cops increase in pay for working at uncomfortable hours.
D; Everyone else, because stated previously. The notion that everyone will be stressed and tired mixed with dark surrounding and drunk people around them will probably not be a rather relaxed and pleasant experience (or rather less so than releasing it at normal hours).

Just be chill all right, wait until morning and let everyone deal with the release as they see fit. Prior to the release people will have waited for Witcher 3 for almost one year, I think we can wait another 8 - 10 hours.

Rude much . Just vote I don`t know option . Or just don`t vote .
Correct, although he is completely entitled to ask this as it is a completely legitimate question for this topic. No need to be picky about it.

I hope you all realise one of the consequences of such fanatical gaming - similar to preordering a game totally blind (except for a flashy video that could be bait for the switch) - it provides support to the unscrupulous devs past & future who push out incomplete games or rubbish or broken or not_what_was_advertised, the bean counters notice, and as a result are empowered to feck about with next years release, because a sizeable amount of gamers have no patience, and are prepared to buy potential rubbish.... and for what benefit again, someone please remind me ?

(If you buy a game day0, it's very likely you haven't yet read a third party review, and know nothing but publisher PR)

Yup, confirmed in Poland: http://finanse.wp.pl/kat,1040357,ti...ocy,wid,16804875,wiadomosc.html?ticaid=1133ad

I don't really understand why people would want to stand out in the cold in the middle of the night, especially on a business day, but, well, good luck.

Midnight launches are popular amongst console gamers. Unless i can celebrate the launches with developers (which impossible), i'd rather buy it digitally, preload it and click play when the game officially released.

TW2, being the follow up, received a lot more interest because of it, as well as the shockingly good visuals for the time. It also achieved markedly bigger reception mostly because it continued an already engaging character story, though it did not directly connect to the previous game.

When I bought my TW2 at EB Games I had to show up and ask for it by name at the counter. They didn't have it on their shelves anywhere! They kept a few copies in storage where no one could see them and this was only around a week after release!

I don`t know if there will be midnight launches of the game or not but if there is and you`re into that sort of thing then by all means go for it . After all you only live once . But if your like me who doesn`t like the cold that much and prefer to stay indoors where it`s nice and cozy then you can do that as well . Come the 24th of February I where where i`ll be !

I don`t know if there will be midnight launches of the game or not but if there is and you`re into that sort of thing then by all means go for it . After all you only live once . But if your like me who doesn`t like the cold that much and prefer to stay indoors where it`s nice and cozy then you can do that as well . Come the 24th of February I where where i`ll be !

I have aplenty of games and backlogs that keep me busy till next year :). 24th Feb don't need to come sooner hehe.

Top Bottom