MIDWINTER UPDATE - CARD REVEALS (MONSTERS)

+
I like the design on Golyat. It shows that they are experimenting with units that have big bodies and a drawback (and are not spies) which I really like.

I kinda wanted a bit more from Ruehin, not gonna lie. I expected him to be a gold, even a leader. But I love this card, maybe he 'll take the place of Ciri: Dash as my favourite premium, that art is so magnificently disturbing, I love it. The ability is a bit too specific, I would love to just slam this card in multiple Monsters decks, but Insectoids and Cursed will have to do for now. I just hope he gets a unique animation where he embraces the deck with his claw just like he holds the girl when you deploy him.

The new leaders don't have doomed and stubborn tags. Is this intentional or the tags are missed.? If this is intentional, do we expect current leaders also will not have doomed and stubborn tags any more?

Just want to say new spawn leaders are disappointing. Spawning other cards on its own isn't the most exciting effect. At the very least, though, they should be changed so that you can select from a few (say 5 or 6) set options (like Eredin). RNG is fine for some of the more minor cards, but having an RNG leader really hurts the game.

Iuliandrei;n9957131 said:
The Whispering Hillock seems quite underwhelming for a leader and Adda isn't that great either, it seems the line between a Leader and a generic gold card starts to blur.
I'm curious if they change Eredin to use the new Spawn mechanic and if not maybe Leaders could be unique in the sense that they would have access to all cards, maybe reliability is what makes them leaders.

Yeah, I would be fine with this if leaders had special spawn abilities where they had access to all of the (faction) cards. Also, spawn in general shouldn't be able to spawn anything from other factions--that's just silly and gets rid of faction identity.

I'm really upset that the Siren doesn't have a charm effect. Would have liked charm a monster 3 or less, or even a silver card that counter 1 take the lowest power unit card on opposite row. Hell even a fog effect.

But maybe it's just missing something from the game or hidden lore why is the Siren summoning moonlight?

yPie;n9959551 said:
The new leaders don't have doomed and stubborn tags. Is this intentional or the tags are missed.? If this is intentional, do we expect current leaders also will not have doomed and stubborn tags any more?

Highly unlikely that would be the case. I would assume that a lot of the tags are gonna be added/corrected as we go, for example you can see some units having the Unit tag (i.e. Seltkirk) and some others don't have it (i.e. Vandergrift).

Yup, she seems insanely good. Using Monster's Nest with her can provide some insane strength numbers.

Btw it seems they are indeed changing the Leaders and removing the Doomed/Stubborn tags (see Cahir change). So Hillock not having either of those tags was not a mistake as I presumed.

Does that mean renew will work on leaders too and Heymars Blue Dream? Or will they get an exclusion for leaders. I believe the latter is more likely.

FG15-ISH7EG;n9983071 said:
Does that mean renew will work on leaders too and Heymars Blue Dream? Or will they get an exclusion for leaders. I believe the latter is more likely.

Yes, probably. Otherwise Cahir wouldn't make much sense.

Vatt.ghern;n9983031 said:
Yup, she seems insanely good. Using Monster's Nest with her can provide some insane strength numbers.

Yes, if Manticore and monster nest and ghoul won't be changed she can be a 26 point finisher.

edit:Combined with the new werewolf card instead of Manticore 27.

Last edited:
I beg you to reconsider Sirens ability why doesn't she have a charm effect either slave driver or slave Hunter effect suit her better! Give summon moonlight werewolf or something that makes sense!

Yet another Moonlight card (well, two of them really), but still no Moonlight itself. It must be some really cool effect, otherwise all this teasing wouldn't make that much sense.

With the final Gold Crone revealed, an obvious theme deck would be using the trio with Whispering Hillock as the leader. I can't recall any Deathwish Relicts though, so it wouldn't have that much synergy.

k, so whats up with the new bridge troll card, play it with 2 sirens and 2 moonlights, spawn blood moon, and you have a 9 strength deal 2 damage to everything on the row op bs. Against this, any swarm deck would lose 100 percent of the time, and to boot, it makes the card BETTER than old spear tip, which is a 10 strength GOLD that can only hit 5 units, while the bridge troll can hit infinite. It is a better lacerate that isn't useless when there are no units, because you still get a 9 strength body. Calling it, that 7 card package is going to be op if there is any amount of swarm going on. And rip to old spear tip because it losses to a bronze card.....

Arachas Queen. Devs didn't mention it, but I'm sure they got rid of Unseen Elder because he can be fed to 80 strength and carry him over to round 2 and round 3, by putting Resilience on him. Done that hundreds of times, and it was simply unfair. Ah, all those forfeits...good times.

Lyphian92;n10019711 said:
Arachas Queen. Devs didn't mention it, but I'm sure they got rid of Unseen Elder because he can be fed to 80 strength and carry him over to round 2 and round 3, by putting Resilience on him. Done that hundreds of times, and it was simply unfair. Ah, all those forfeits...good times.

They said he is being changed to werewolf vampire synergy, so the moonlight archetype has him as their leader

pick1ejar;n10019391 said:
k, so whats up with the new bridge troll card, play it with 2 sirens and 2 moonlights [...]

The Blood Moon deck follows the same principle as the Gold Weather deck: when the opponent is running Clear Weather effects, you're going to have a hard time. Blood Moon isn't stronger than the existing weather, it just uses a different way of dealing damage to the opponent.

Raunbjorn

Bummed that they ruined my man Old Speartip. It was such a fun card. Now it's just two boring ones. Feel like they dumbed down the game in general but that's probably just me.

Top Bottom