MIDWINTER UPDATE - CARD REVEALS (NEUTRAL CARDS)

+
RevengeServe;n9912961 said:
New Geralt: Yrden is just unacceptably OP.

It seems quite powerful, but it's too early to tell. A lot of cards are not revealed yet and some existing cards might change. I suspect there will be quite an overhaul. After that, we shall see. Still, for now, I have to agree.

Dominika;n9912151 said:
At the moment Geralt: Yrden has 5 power, however we are still tweaking and balancing the cards. :)

The balance should be a change in the effect. Because that looks stupid strong. I'm not usually one for jumping on the bandwagon about cards before they come out, but holy crap, how is that card a good idea? Even if it was one strength, it completely destroys so many archetypes, its far more dangerous than even muzzle was. At least give it some stipulations.

Dominika;n9912151 said:
At the moment Geralt: Yrden has 5 power, however we are still tweaking and balancing the cards. :)

It means it's subject to Renew. Resetting the board twice might not be as beneficial as it sounds but it's definitely something that should be tread carefully.

so this card is good against spies, reveal, basicly evry type of st (except dorfs), monsters (especially consume), evry type of nr
this card has inherently good synergy with strengthening (dorfs, sk)
can anyone explain me how this card brings any kind of variation and deck building space to this game, cuz i can't see it?

why isn't there a different thread to discuss evry card seperatly? its kinda really messy to discuss evry card in a single thread.

Last edited:
Yrden seems too strong to me. s just game winining against almost anything but SK. Maybe should affect 1 row only and reduce the base strength to 4 or 5

Also feel like Yrden is too dangerous to too many archetypes. Maybe it would be good if the effect is happening afer a 2-3 terms timer?

Kassiopeiia;n9913341 said:
Also feel like Yrden is too dangerous to too many archetypes. Maybe it would be good if the effect is happening afer a 2-3 terms timer?

I was thinking to affect only one row, for both sides.

Black Cat and Dog! As soon as I get my hands on that, it'll be time to rebuild a theme deck that I used to have.

Wyvern Scale Shield seems like something that could be used to stagger units to avoid massive Scorches or other harmful AoE effects.

So this is what Yrden ended up being like. Hmm... definitely a strong effect, but IMO it's too early to speculate further than that.

Could moonlight be some kind of natural weather cycle as a new mechanic? Like after certain rounds the game goes from day to night w/ moonlight?

I like see more clarifying on Geralt:Yrden: All units are been reset, boosted AND strenghtened units, or just boosted units are targets? If the target are only boosted units,it would be a gift towards SK and that wouldn't be good. I like the idea that all units are been reset to their original strengh done by a golden geralt card like a super gold dimeritium bomb (that finally is also aiming strenghtened units and reset them!)

Last edited:
frytom;n9914261 said:
I like see more clarifying on Geralt:Yrden: All units are been reset, boosted AND strenghtened units, or just boosted units are targets? If the target are only boosted units,it would be a gift towards SK and that wouldn't be good. I like the idea that all units are been reset to their original strengh done by a golden geralt card like a super gold dimeritium bomb (that finally is also aiming strenghtened units and reset them!)

It surely resets boosted units only, otherwise the "strengthen/boost" mechanics would make no sense whatsoever, so it's quite clear. And yeah - right now this card seems like a huge gift towards SK.

Right now Geralt: Yrden seems broken as hell. By playing it you essentially counter 50% tier 1-2 archetypes of the current meta. This is ridiculous. This card surely needs a rework, not just a power change.

The only thing that could "counter" Geralt: Yrden would be a card that restores all units to their previous state, but I don't think we gonna see something like that. Geralt Yrden destroys even fun/casual decks like Mahakam Maurauders.
I know we are waiting for 100 more cards, but given the current state of the game, the first deck to include Geralt Yrden would be Bran discard - that is, the strongest deck in the game.

And like it has been said above, it destroys more than half decks / archetypes. And we are just talking about a single card here. It's so OP it's hard to grasp.

Geralt:Yrden would be fair, if it would aim truely all unit cards, but so far it doesn't: all strenghtened units are out. And that's a bad idea. So using this card, strenghtening play style (mainly SK...) is running fast OP.

Hmmm , Geralt:Yrden will broken so many Decks. And its not importent, Geralt will resettet only boostet or boostet/strengthend cards. The Skellige Cards have a hugh Basestrengh, so play Geralt in the End of a Round and its a safe win again the most Decks. St Decks will die, they have no Cards with a good Basestrengh........

I share people's concern about Geralt: Yrden and the fact that it would shut most factions' engines and strategy save most SK.

But I think the effect is so game-breaking that they will have carefully thought about it.

What I'm really worried about is the chance to have Neutral Gold cards like G:Yrden demoted and re-used and abused by Emhyr.
This one in particular might put Mill to shame.

But Emhyr have not rly good Basestregh Units :) So its not rly effective for him. But now, i can build a SK Deck, my Spellatell have no Chance anymore, The Dols with 2 Basestrengh will be rly usseless :)

Well, from Closed Beta we know how resetting goes for SK in round 3 (old D-Bomb had that effect), so yeah I'm not so sure about that Yrden card either.
It might work as a faction specific card, but the neutral status seems tricky here.

Top Bottom