MIDWINTER UPDATE - CARD REVEALS (NEUTRAL CARDS)

+
so, does Uma's curse spawn ANY gold unit AND that card transforms into it? 2 gold units for 1 card? english is not my first language so I don't know if I understand this correctly

Oh god playing Uma's Curse is gonna be fun and annoying at the same time. Double (total triple with Renew) Avallac'h, Tibor, Coral, Iorveth, Cahir, Vilgefortz, Woodland Spirit, Caretaker, Shani, GIGNI!!!! etc...

Yrden sounds so balanced now.

Last edited:
Kodret;n9940121 said:
does Uma's curse spawn ANY gold unit AND that card transforms into it?
I believe you understand it. This is the description we have so far: 'Spawn a gold unit and transform into it.'
I assume this means Uma's card transforms into a duplicate of the gold unit it summons from the deck. However, this does seem rather powerful.

Kodret;n9940121 said:
so, does Uma's curse spawn ANY gold unit AND that card transforms into it

The spawn mechanic will work by offering a choice between three random cards of whatever type is in the description of the card doing the spawning. Of those three cards, you choose one.

In Uma's case, it will give you a choice of three random gold cards, and then the Uma card will transform into the one you choose.

Kodret;n9940121 said:
so, does Uma's curse spawn ANY gold unit AND that card transforms into it? 2 gold units for 1 card? english is not my first language so I don't know if I understand this correctly

Probably when you play Uma, 3 gold unit will appear randomly. You'll choose one of them and Uma will be that unit. Probably restricted only Neutral and Faction Gold units.

For example, let's think you're playing Skellige. You play Uma and 3 unit appear to choose. Cerys, Avallac'h and Geralt: Aard. If you choose Avallac'h, if your opponent has not be passed, you both draw 2 cards and you'll develop 8 point. That's all.

MIDWINTER UPDATE - CARD REVEALS (NEUTRAL CARDS)

supremedeitas;n9940441 said:
there are ton of removal cards that are better than panther and mulligan has no finisher until they add that any type of swarm ST will be garbage

Which bronze unit can kill off any engine card in one blow, with almost no setup to boot.

Mulligan does have a finisher - Ele'yas.

After the, so far, huge disappointment that is called ST, finally a card i'm excited about. Stregobor was a book character i wanted to see in the game. At this point, i don't even care if the card is good or not. I'm just tired of seeing all those inane characters from the Witcher games, when there are so many ( and much more important ) characters in the books.

altaybek;n9941181 said:
Can Stregobor has any viablity apart from evil Mill deck?

If you draw your spy, it would be pretty good, or if you draw a really low strength unit and the opponent a high strength one, that sounds good too.
Also, it just says "unit", so i guess it could draw you a gold card.

altaybek;n9941181 said:
Can Stregobor has any viablity apart from evil Mill deck?

For medics, mages and units like that, I think it might be a useful card (as long as your opponent is less lucky).
Time will tell...

bilbo.baggins;n9941321 said:
If you draw your spy, it would be pretty good, or if you draw a really low strength unit and the opponent a high strength one, that sounds good too.
Also, it just says "unit", so i guess it could draw you a gold card.

Yeah Stefan Skellen the spy then playing Stregobor seems like the most consistent option. Other than that, I can't see any competitive decks using it. Too much RNG involved. (unless you are so hardcore-BDSM-control-freak-player. It literally is a BDSM card.)

altaybek;n9941391 said:
Yeah Stefan Skellen the spy then playing Stregobor seems like the most consistent option. Other than that, I can't see any competitive decks using it. Too much RNG involved. (unless you are so hardcore-BDSM-control-freak-player. It literally is a BDSM card.)

I can't really say if it's meta material ( i guess that's what you mean competitive decks ), but i don't really mind. I only play ranked until i reach rank 16, and i get there with custom/non meta ST decks. I think i could use it in a deck that thins well. I'm definitely crafting it and, why not, turning it to premium. As i said, i'm just happy to see Stregobor! :)

Twoots112;n9931241 said:
I'm slightly concerned about the card Geralt: Yrden. If you would implement Yrden in the current state of Gwent it would counter / " destroy " alot of decks.
Spelltael, Spies, Swarm, Consume etc etc Basicly everything that boost. Only Skellige would benefit greatly from this card. Of course, it's wait and see what the cards exactly does when the patch hits.
Nevertheless, this card seems to be very strong when coupled with a pure strengthen deck and overpowering any deck that relies on boosting. Would prefer to see Yrden as a D-bomb with a body. Just like Geralt: Igni is basicly a Scorch with a body.

That would have been the logical thing to do. I haven no idea why they thought it was a good idea to bring back old D-bomb and make it into a gold card. They nerfed it for a reason. Did they forget?

First i saw Stregobor my thoughts were with Calveit and armored cavalry decks. If you know what you and your opponent will pull it could be very interesting card...

they need to make all the draw cards from NG conditional im tired of mill and they're adding another card for them to potentially use in stregobor

The cards so far are unique and can bring many new styles of play, the only downside I could see from the cards are super high powered bronze cards if the player extends there deck or have a amount of exact cards in there deck. Other then that the addition of cursed and NG potion cards help divide card decks so in Ranked players are not worried to need to place a exact card in there deck to go against certain other decks. Less need of exact cards in players deck, and more of strategic plays always helps, especially since you don't draw every turn.

Anyone else think the Peasant Militia looks a wee bit like a crowd out of a Bruegel painting?

I think we may have some changes around some existing cards. Per Burza, first one is perhaps AThunder?

Edit: Yes, it is confirmed later and perhaps it will be announced tonight on the stream... can we have like an a Alzur's Chain Lightning, please?

Last edited:
Top Bottom