MIDWINTER UPDATE - CARD REVEALS (NEUTRAL CARDS)

+
In the newest video one can see that Dimetrium bomb now targets an entire row. So, the reset is real. And cards like Foltest still seem to boost instead of strengthening. So the reset is real.

Furthermore Frightener is up to 13 strength. So spies seem to got a strength increase.

Geralt: Yrden seems to me to be an instawin card - why spend an entire match attempting to get the best buffs across my cards only to have this card come out at the end (possibly twice with Renew) and instawin.

Seems... vastly overpowered to say the least.

Or does it reset both sides? That I think could be more interesting - would mean you had to have some idea of the base power of your oppo's cards before you played it.

First time I take a look at the new cards and out of all of the Neutral cards only really Ciri: Nova appears to be interesting.

Geralt: Yrden seems to me way too powerful with all this boosting effects. In a good Skellige deck (strenghten) can this card win matches. Can't counter it (and in mirror it is a dead card). I know we must wait, but we saw all the cards and I think Yrden must be changed. Or I have to play a Skellige deck with all the others...and we all have then a dead gold in our deck :)

The cards on the reveal page are not final and may undergo some changes. Geralt: Yrden will probably be tweaked also. In what shape or form, we'll just have to wait and see.

That Phoenix is... not at similar to what I'm used to seeing the creature described as. Fire-breathing draconid, really? :p
Hopefully it'll increase the popularity of Myrgtabrakke and Ocvist, who haven't been seeing much play in quite a long while. I'm assuming the Phoenix could also resurrect a demoted Villentretenmerth...

Dragon's Dream sounds really neat, and I definitely appreciate its design being similar to what it's like in the Witcher games. Plus it's yet another Alchemy card for Vesemir! :)

What happened to Quen??? I miss that card in the PTR... Is Quen just under reworking, or has it been dropped?

frytom;n10025331 said:
What happened to Quen??? I miss that card in the PTR... Is Quen just under reworking, or has it been dropped?

Quen is gone because the devs didn't really like the card. Maybe this also has something to do with the coming meta resulting from the new cards.

So ST handbuff is dead. Thanks a lot. This was a really very bad dev idea. Please rethink again.

4RM3D;n10025411 said:
Quen is gone because the devs didn't really like the card.

Hold on... what?
As a player of mainly ST faction, Quen card makes up a place and has much utility in many of my decks. And now dropped completely - as in removed entirely from the game never to be seen again?

If so that's a terrible idea - just because the Dev's don't like the card, doesn't mean it doesn't find use and have players who use it.

4RM3D;n10025411 said:
Quen is gone because the devs didn't really like the card. Maybe this also has something to do with the coming meta resulting from the new cards.

Thanks God it's gone. I hated that card

The reworked neophyte guy who randomly buffs 2 units on your hand isn't a replacement for quen. The neophyte guy is pure rng. ST has less competitive options for handbuffing, only hawker support is the only remaining card, where I can choose the buffing target. It sucks. And hurts ST again, being weakest faction. Quen RIP.

4RM3D;n10025411 said:

Ouen is gone, Geralt:Quen is coming...
What should I do with my Quen bronzes? I have plenty of them...I want to wait for the patch with milling, but now as I know there's no Quen anymore...I don't know.

Just checked Shupe's Skills (u can pick one from random three skills):
Mage (4 points):
draw a card
play a random hazard on each row
play bronze or silver special card from deck
deal 10 dmg to enemy and 5 dmg to adjacent unit (dont know left or right unit, maybe u can choose)
charm random enemy (not sure it includes golds)

Knight (12 points):
Duel an enemy
Reset Unit
Destroy all units below 4 points
Resilient
Strenghten to 25

Hunter (8 points):
Deal 15 dmg
Clear all hazards from your side of board and boost all allies by 1
Deal 2 dmg to random enemy, repeat 8 times
Play bronze or silver unit from ur deck
Return a Bronze or Silver Ally to your Hand, Boost it by 5 and play it.

bojerbela;n10026681 said:
Ouen is gone, Geralt:Quen is coming...
I'm prepared to hold back any pre-judgement on this, except to say that if Geralt: Quen is a 5pt Gold like all the other "Geralt: Sign" cards, then this will be no real like for like replacement for a bronze of which you can run multiple copies and can deploy in multiple ways.

x1Cygnus;n10028601 said:
I'm prepared to hold back any pre-judgement on this, except to say that if Geralt: Quen is a 5pt Gold like all the other "Geralt: Sign" cards, then this will be no real like for like replacement for a bronze of which you can run multiple copies and can deploy in multiple ways.

Of course not. I don't really like that Quen is gone. I only wanted to say, that I think all witcher Signs are coming slowly with a "Geralt" body.

The lost Quen is a mega nerf for ST, because Quen was the first and most direct max. 3 bronze thing to buff the desired cards in your entire deck! & not only in your hand! Now we have only bronze tools / cards that buff unit cards in your hand exclusively. The new Swordmasters need at least +1 = getting 6 STR base strength to make the old (competitive Quen = you choose the target not RNG!) Quen obsolete. The current PTR 5 STR swordmaster is weaker than her ancestor. Because Quen was a must have for swordmasters - not because of the shield but the +2 STR (quen'ed SM=6 STR!) made them competitive and fast taking out opponents tech units on the board.

Be honestly. Quen was always used for buffing all your chosen bronzes. Forget the shield!. But devs, you took a primary competitive ability away and forget to give us equivalent replacements.

Quen was the bronze competitive tech card (3 max.) unique / player's control way for deck buffing.

Last edited:
@frytom: I don't think that I relied on the shield with Quen at all; as you say it's the 2pt buff on whichever cards you wanted - given that most ST units have way lower base power and do (generally) less damage than most other factions units, this was (pretty much) an essential part of any deck that was either built around doing damage to oppo or for an over time buff in deck.

I don't think one gold card will be able to do all that - but we'll have to wait and see what they come up with I guess.

Top Bottom